Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much respect for everyone who suited up and pulled his weight to get us firmly back in the playoff picture; he can go heal or himself away from the team. Spurs will address his case in the off-season..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi for Mitc and gobert?
    Jazz hang up on that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm a spurs fan, but the end of the day, it's a new era and some birds aren't meant to be caged. Kawhi just isn't the dude to put up with the bull the Spurs have been doing. I personally feel it has nothing to do with an injury(how the did he get injured anyway) but moreso with people in the front office and Kawhi looking around seeing guys in the league WE KNOW he's better than able to stat pad and build up their rep as when he gets 30 and we're up by 20, he doesn't play the rest of the game because Popovich wants to be in control. Thats just my theory. Either way, I hope we get something for him. I aint mad at him. Everyone isn't Duncan, Ginobli, or Robinson willing the give the team a discount for the sake of winning les. I know I sure as wouldn't that. If you're at a job and the boss wants to cut your pay by 25% to build a better company, there isn't a person on this say that wouldn't say, " you".

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is all about money now. Insurance, medical teams (which one is right or not), etc. I'm sure the Spurs are doing their due diligence to sue Kawhi's camp if push comes to shove and if the smell of rotten fish proves true. A lot of cashola at stake. Besides, why would a medical team (Spurs) clear a player if he is not fit? Does not make sense.
    Who would you trust more, Spurs medical or Kawhi's? C'mon man!
    Anyhow, anybody who thinks Kawhi will be an easy fit with his teammates anywhere else is totally deluded. Kawhi got away with his zombie like personality because he had an organisation with mature and ego free players to support him and a full plan behind him. In ANY other team, things would blow up in a flash with the diva style playing profiles in the league. Kawhi cannot lead yet he takes the s om in full rights on the court. A big dilemma.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    i'm a spurs fan, but the end of the day, it's a new era and some birds aren't meant to be caged. Kawhi just isn't the dude to put up with the bull the Spurs have been doing. I personally feel it has nothing to do with an injury(how the did he get injured anyway) but moreso with people in the front office and Kawhi looking around seeing guys in the league WE KNOW he's better than able to stat pad and build up their rep as when he gets 30 and we're up by 20, he doesn't play the rest of the game because Popovich wants to be in control. Thats just my theory. Either way, I hope we get something for him. I aint mad at him. Everyone isn't Duncan, Ginobli, or Robinson willing the give the team a discount for the sake of winning les. I know I sure as wouldn't that. If you're at a job and the boss wants to cut your pay by 25% to build a better company, there isn't a person on this say that wouldn't say, " you".
    When Pop benched Kawhi and the starters in the opening round last year, pretty sure that forged the relationship going forward with him. Kawhi has come to realize that for all of Pop's well wishes and pla udes, he's a company man and couldn't give 2 s about the players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Pop benched Kawhi and the starters in the opening round last year, pretty sure that forged the relationship going forward with him. Kawhi has come to realize that for all of Pop's well wishes and pla udes, he's a company man and couldn't give 2 s about the players.
    Yeah that really didn’t fit well with Kawhi. For a guy who never says anything, he spoke up about it.

This is one of Pops absolutely tired shticks.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Yeah that really didn’t fit well with Kawhi. For a guy who never says anything, he spoke up about it.

This is one of Pops absolutely tired shticks.
    When Pop says "I'm surprised everyday that these guys let me coach them how I coach them", he has to also not be surprised when one doesn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In one of the podcasts someone posted a while back it was revealed that he has suffered with quad issues since college and he's always had them properly managed. This season his quad took a life of its own apparently.

Everyone assumes Kiwi is pretending and truly I don't. I keep coming back to what if he really is impaired. Tiago said pain after games would sometimes be so intense it interfered with normal daily activities. Kiwi had apparently been doing 4 on 4 and regressed on his rehab routine. I think despite him saying he's doing better than in January he's still not well enough and his issues flare with intense workouts. I honestly don't expect him back this season and it's really an enigma at this point.
    no way, it is obvious that he is feeling something, the guy was a maniac for playing basketball and suddenly he is satisfied for being a year without playing seeing farces like james harden getting all the glory in the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Staying healthy for LA TBH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Issues with quad started back in 16’?

Maybe that’s why Kawhi is so pissed...he’s been dealing with this for years and it’s been treated poorly by staff?!
    This didn’t just start in 2016.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2012/11/16/...his-left-knee/

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/s...mp-4669108.php

Once again the only people that believe this misdiagnosis bull have a erotic affection towards Leonard. First it was he needs more minutes PATFO are keeping his numbers down now the Kawhite knights are saying they’ve mismanaged his tendinopathy. Don’t fall to the dark side you seem reasonable coachmac.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is all about money now. Insurance, medical teams (which one is right or not), etc. I'm sure the Spurs are doing their due diligence to sue Kawhi's camp if push comes to shove and if the smell of rotten fish proves true. A lot of cashola at stake. Besides, why would a medical team (Spurs) clear a player if he is not fit? Does not make sense.
    Who would you trust more, Spurs medical or Kawhi's? C'mon man!
    Anyhow, anybody who thinks Kawhi will be an easy fit with his teammates anywhere else is totally deluded. Kawhi got away with his zombie like personality because he had an organisation with mature and ego free players to support him and a full plan behind him. In ANY other team, things would blow up in a flash with the diva style playing profiles in the league. Kawhi cannot lead yet he takes the s om in full rights on the court. A big dilemma.
    The “all about money” thing may be about making sure he’s 100% right because the worst thing for him to do would be to come back and be hurt again or not be at 100%. That would jeopardize him receiving a super max offer and even chill some interest if that injury lasts through next year and he hits the open market.

He’s worth the max and every team should offer it to him assuming he’s healthy. But we’re 15 months away from all teams being able to offer it and a lot can happen between now and then. If he truly wants to lock up the money, staying on the sideline and forcing the Spurs to make a decision completely in the dark might be his best play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, this dude might have actually quit on the team..Like not even bothering to attend a home game of this magnitude?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But but it hurts. Way too much to sit on the bench. Man even if he wants out this is such a bad look, that I am not sure he will ever shake.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, this dude might have actually quit on the team..Like not even bothering to attend a home game of this magnitude?
    I’m just actually hoping that he is in some sort of rest stage for his quad. Like having to stay off of it completely or something. But if it’s not that then you may be right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest game of the year and he elects to stay home instead of being there with the team.

Pretty pathetic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just really hate the fact that if this guy were to come back and dominate for us, most of you will just cheer him on and act like y’all never said anything bad. I guarantee it. That’s ridiculous but I guess that’s just how the people in this world work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest game of the year and he elects to stay home instead of being there with the team.

Pretty pathetic.
    to be fair, the Spurs seem to the "biggest game of the year" every 2 days, tbh

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Pretty pathetic.
    Like being at the game and faking it is less pathetic than just staying home. Why is this still a story?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just really hate the fact that if this guy were to come back and dominate for us, most of you will just cheer him on and act like y’all never said anything bad. I guarantee it. That’s ridiculous but I guess that’s just how the people in this world work.
    Well he is not coming back this season. At this point he probably just wont say and the team will have to officially announce it’s all over. Next season good Lord he has a lot to prove. I don’t want to hear about Max money at all. Get your ass back on the court and play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s what have you done for me lately world?
    Actually fans have stood by him through thick and thin this season. Only Chinook has mildly criticized him and spursistan and a few others very recently and it’s really egregious stuff.

I am perplexed. Long ago I chose to believe the official version. He’s injured but even David Robinson is calling him out for his lack of leadership... video was posted by BillMc somewhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, that's deep man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he is not coming back this season. At this point he probably just wont say and the team will have to officially announce it’s all over. Next season good Lord he has a lot to prove. I don’t want to hear about Max money at all. Get your ass back on the court and play.
    I think you are right in your first point: not showing up at home games that are so important for seeding and even stay in the playoffs is more a sign that he’s not playing again this season. He’s not mentally invested in this team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tsk tsk, Kenwi.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is costing himself a lot of money then since the Spurs can't offer him supermax in summer 2019 unless he wins MVP or something next season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it a coincidence that Kawhi hasn’t attended a home game since the meeting?

Thread Information