Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1774
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it more worrisome when an European prospect struggle to shoot compared to an US prospect.

For example, if you compare Topic and Stephon Castle career path:
    - A year ago, Castle was playing for Newton HS in Covington, Georgia. I'm sure their coaches were good but I doubt their focus is to create pro players and that they are able to fix a broken shoot effectively.
    - Topic entered the Red Star youth program in 2020. He has been for 4 years in a system made to make pro players for their main team. A lot of experienced coaches have already try to fix his shot.

A lot more work/time has been put to fix fundamentals of an 18/19 years old Euro prospect compared to an us prospect. If the Euro prospect still sucks in certain aspect of his game, it likely means that it isn't easily fixable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it more worrisome when an European prospect struggle to shoot compared to an US prospect.

- A year ago, Castle was playing for Newton HS in Covington, Georgia. I'm sure their coaches were good but I doubt their focus is to create pro players and that they are able to fix a broken shoot effectively.
    - Topic entered the Red Star youth program in 2020. He has been for 4 years in a system made to make pro players for their main team. A lot of experienced coaches have already try to fix his shot.

A lot more work/time has been put to fix fundamentals of an 18/19 years old Euro prospect compared to an us prospect. If the Euro prospect still sucks in certain aspect of his game, it likely means that it isn't easily fixable.
    That's an interesting point tbh. Can you recall any Euros that couldn't shoot that ended up being average or above average?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's an interesting point tbh. Can you recall any Euros that couldn't shoot that ended up being average or above average?
    I think Fournier shot 26% from 3 in his 2 seasons in the LNB before being drafted but has been a career 37.5% in the NBA from 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic is such high risk when he was fattening up his numbers against scrub compe ion and then fell apart when having to play against Euroleague talent. I know people point to his FT shooting but Rubio was an 80% FT shooter. I don't understand when the same people who on Scoot for meaningless numbers against G-League compe ion and then him sitting out the season after a few games last year are now so pro Topic when he does the same .

I'm fine with Topic at pick #6-9, but too many red flags for me to want him at say #2 to #4. If Sarr, Risacher, Dilly, Sheppard, and Buzelis are off the board I'd probably rather take the risk on Topic than say Ron Holland or Cody Williams though.
    I on Scoot for not being able to finish in an ABSOLUTE scrub league with no shot blockers. Adriatic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gleague, and Topic finished like a boss in a far better league. I also didn’t care about him sitting out at the end. I doubt NBA GMs did, either. A group of them encouraged Wemby to sit out THE ENTIRE SEASON. I don’t think it’s the scarlet letter you think it is. Also, the Wiseman comparisons don’t jive. He had eligibility issues, and Penny asked him to sit out. It seems that you’re implying that if you sit out, somehow that automatically will cause you to bust, and that doesn’t really track.

The Spurs could also be playing games again, asking him to sit. They’re not above such tactics, with Batum’s fake heart condition coming to mind. His agent, who is also Wemby’s, played right along. They should have known that players with medicals were catnip to that Blazers front office.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In general I agree with Bruno on the coaching. These guys have been pros in Europe.

Samanic couldn't shoot in Europe at any level including Spanish B division and he still can't shoot

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just looking at both player's forms, Topic's form looks better. Castle looks stiff in the upper body and plays and shoots stiff and upright.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I on Scoot for not being able to finish in an ABSOLUTE scrub league with no shot blockers. Adriatic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gleague, and Topic finished like a boss in a far better league. I also didn’t care about him sitting out at the end. I doubt NBA GMs did, either. A group of them encouraged Wemby to sit out THE ENTIRE SEASON. I don’t think it’s the scarlet letter you think it is. Also, the Wiseman comparisons don’t jive. He had eligibility issues, and Penny asked him to sit out. It seems that you’re implying that if you sit out, somehow that automatically will cause you to bust, and that doesn’t really track.

The Spurs could also be playing games again, asking him to sit. They’re not above such tactics, with Batum’s fake heart condition coming to mind. His agent, who is also Wemby’s, played right along. They should have known that players with medicals were catnip to that Blazers front office.
    You thought so when it applied to Shaedon Sharpe. I guess it matters with who the prospect is for you.

I’M A DAMN SPUR!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re not beating Denver.
    Jamal Murray is probable for this game too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if Topic will be at the Chicago combine or stick to Europe

Curious what his measurements like wingspan really are, and if he's expanded his cervical vertebra even more in his time off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You thought so when it applied to Shaedon Sharpe. I guess it matters with who the prospect is for you.
    Sharpe never played AT ALL. The whole Kentucky thing was a PR stunt. NOT THE SAME THING, AT ALL.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL G-League is filled with NBA first round and second round picks and acting like ABA is some juggernaut in comparison. Also ROFL at the idea that the Spurs could convince a guy to sabotage his draft stock and cost himself millions of dollars instead of the simple explanation that either he's sitting out to preserve his draft stock or he's way more injured than letting on. Wemby is like Tim or Kobe when it comes to compe iveness; no way in he would ever sit out a season to preserve draft stock. Worried Topic is another Samanic or Andrew Wiggins when we don't see him back nor see any explanation for why he's out 14 weeks for a 4-6 weeks injury. Not like he's going to be able to hide it from team doctors before the draft so kind of stupid if he's hiding the injury being worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I'm pretty ambivalent about this draft. No one really excites me as a great fit for the Spurs. I think Risacher has a high ceiling, but none of the mock drafts have him going to the Spurs. They seem locked on Topic if he's available.

It might be a good thing if the Toronto pick doesn't convey this year. It's conceivable that the Spurs could have 5 1st round draft picks in 2025:

Their Own
    CHA 15-30
    TOR 7-30 (top 6 protected) if it doesn't convey this year
    ATL
    CHI 11-30 (top 10 protected)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharpe never played AT ALL. The whole Kentucky thing was a PR stunt. NOT THE SAME THING, AT ALL.
    And Topic pulled the plug after a game and a half the first time against serious compe ion when he was getting exposed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaedon Sharpe had a worse FG% than Sochan and similar 3P% and FT%, yet you rate the former as a demigod and the latter as a scrub, so I'd be wary of pointing the finger at someone else in regards to bias.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics are resting the entire starting lineup and Al Horford tonight against the Hornets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Topic pulled the plug after a game and a half the first time against serious compe ion when he was getting exposed.
    He got injured. Your willingness to put the worst spin on everything about this kid is kind of sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got injured. Your willingness to put the worst spin on everything about this kid is kind of sad.
    LOL CIA Pop told him to sit and he agreed is the worst spin I have seen on Topic's not playing since getting destroyed in Euroleague

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaedon Sharpe had a worse FG% than Sochan and similar 3P% and FT%, yet you rate the former as a demigod and the latter as a scrub, so I'd be wary of pointing the finger at someone else in regards to bias.
    Career stats

Sharpe FG% 44.5% Sochan 44.4%
    Sharpe 3pt% 35% Sochan 28.5%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL CIA Pop told him to sit and he agreed is the worst spin I have seen on Topic's not playing since getting destroyed in Euroleague
    I didn’t say they told him to, just that I wouldn’t put it past them, based on past actions. You’re a math genius,bb, but your reading comprehension is c+ at best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t say they told him to, just that I wouldn’t put it past them, based on past actions. You’re a math genius,bb, but your reading comprehension is c+ at best.
    It's a stupid thing to keep bringing up since no one who was getting #1 pick hype like early season Topic would give up a chance at that and risk a nearly 50% paycut if he falls to say #9 and you should run from it like you are now. But then you'll probably post muh CIA Pop again in a couple of days when people point out how much of a risk Topic is and how bad a look it is for him to never return to Euroleague play after getting destroyed there.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a reach to even imply that the Spurs have told Topic to sit.

Why would he listen to the Spurs? They aren't guaranteed the top pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a reach to even imply that the Spurs have told Topic to sit.

Why would he listen to the Spurs? They aren't guaranteed the top pick.
    WEMBY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's still at it

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just looking at both player's forms, Topic's form looks better. Castle looks stiff in the upper body and plays and shoots stiff and upright.
    Are you saying this proves Bruno’s point? I.e., Topic’s ‘form’ has already been fixed, and he’s near his peak abilities as far as shooting, whereas guys like Castle still need to fix their form and therefore have more room for substantial improvement?
    Last edited by Gandalf; 04-12-2024 at 09:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL G-League is filled with NBA first round and second round picks and acting like ABA is some juggernaut in comparison. Also ROFL at the idea that the Spurs could convince a guy to sabotage his draft stock and cost himself millions of dollars instead of the simple explanation that either he's sitting out to preserve his draft stock or he's way more injured than letting on. Wemby is like Tim or Kobe when it comes to compe iveness; no way in he would ever sit out a season to preserve draft stock. Worried Topic is another Samanic or Andrew Wiggins when we don't see him back nor see any explanation for why he's out 14 weeks for a 4-6 weeks injury. Not like he's going to be able to hide it from team doctors before the draft so kind of stupid if he's hiding the injury being worse.
    Why all the Andrew Wiggins slander? He'd easily be the #1 overall in this class, and any of these scrubs will be lucky to have his career

Thread Information