Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No matter what your views DA's report makes it sound like the injury itself is not the key component in his absence.
    DA is not some click bait journalist. David Robinson in that video you posted acknowledged something else besides the injury is going on, he said “yea I think there’s some validity to some of that stuff that’s been rumored but every team goes through stuff”. He then called out Kawhi for lack of leadership.

This is like the Lamarcus rumors last season. There’s was definitely something going on. Woj may have embellished something or not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    B-b-but it's tendinopathy. It's a mysterious injury. Kawhi would never fake it. Anyone who thinks so is an idiot! -- spurstalk

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In your mind, it would be a horrible 10-20 years. That's longer than a lot of us are even going to be alive.

I think with the 11th- and 22nd-overall selections, the team could get an impact player. Aldridge-good, I don't know. But I damned sure thing they could get someone like Mitc or Miles Turner. In this draft in particular, there is a good chance a very good player falls into the second-half of the lotto, because the first half is almost set in stone. I don't necessarily think they'll get the next RoY, but a long-term top-15 guy at his position seems doable. , they could get another with their second pick, or they could combine them to move higher. I want the Philly style rebuild to hopefully land a Simmons and an Embiid to give the franchise some hope of being a contender again.

I doubt Kawhi is the determining factor here. He clearly wasn't doing much as a draw, so being in a similar situation that LMA was in 2015 with LMA passing the torch like Duncan was supposed to do with him. Walker and Aldridge are a solid foundation.
    I think the Spurs are in for a nasty rebuild no matter what after losing Leonard. I would rather use Aldridge to help that rebuild be a little shorter as opposed to two more years of being a playoff bubble team and killing draft positioning while coming out of it with an Aldridge who might have the trade value of current Gasol. He and Leonard are the only assets the Spurs have with any trade value and they're not likely to build a very good team around Aldridge considering the crap roster they're working with right now from 3-12. No reason to half ass the rebuild when the franchise leaves town.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to believe the team was trying to trade Mills during the deadline. Maybe Pop legit thought Bradley or Beli were upgrades over Green, but it seems more like he was looking to dump Patty's deal. It makes even more sense if you look at his new rotations. Marco off the bench with Tony and Manu with Green at the starting two would actually be a decent perimeter rotation. With Tony moving down this early, I think Pop no longer has Mills as a lock for the roster. Sure, he can sort of pair with Murray, but it's the easiest spot to upgrade.

As far as Pau, I think Pop still wants him. It may well be easier to trade Gasol's semi-expiring than Patty's deal, though. A single first in this new market may get it done. I am not sure they'd pay that, but if we hear them lining up for meetings with free agents, then it would at least suggest they are willing to.
    Do you think Spurs gave Gasol the contract because they were always planning to trade him this coming offseason? Its a very easy contact to trade and the 6mil bonus is an apology.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think Spurs gave Gasol the contract because they were always planning to trade him this coming offseason? Its a very easy contact to trade and the 6mil bonus is an apology.
    The Spurs probably gave him that ridiculous contract after promising it to him if he opted out to make cap room to sign CP3 and CP3 said no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    B-b-but it's tendinopathy. It's a mysterious injury. Kawhi would never fake it. Anyone who thinks so is an idiot! -- spurstalk
    No. Not spurstalk in general. He has a name: YGWHI...
    Duncan2K5 is a super Kiwi Homer too.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 03-30-2018 at 08:54 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't he attend one game after the meeting?

Can you do trades when the season is still going on? What are the rules? I didn't think you could until after the playoffs are over, but now that I think about it, I think I've seen trades during the playoffs before. If that is possible, is it only teams that have been eliminated from the playoffs that are able to make trades?
    There is a trade period that opens after the regular season. Only teams not in the playoffs, or knocked out of the playoffs can participate. It’s VERY rare for teams to actually trade during this period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs are in for a nasty rebuild no matter what after losing Leonard. I would rather use Aldridge to help that rebuild be a little shorter as opposed to two more years of being a playoff bubble team and killing draft positioning while coming out of it with an Aldridge who might have the trade value of current Gasol. He and Leonard are the only assets the Spurs have with any trade value and they're not likely to build a very good team around Aldridge considering the crap roster they're working with right now from 3-12. No reason to half ass the rebuild when the franchise leaves town.
    The thing is, after this year’s stacked draft, the next couple of years are looking like a desert. SA might want to kick that can down the road two or three years. It’s nice to be able to choose, in any case.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It's not just tendinopathy. He also has a severe case of WantsToBeAClipperitis. The only known cure for that is being traded to the Clippers for Austin Rivers, Wes Johnson and Sam Dekker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi is choosing to sit out, he’s a .

That’s said, if that’s true, I really believe Pops coaching style and all the shticks it involves are a big part of it. Pop needs to get over himself, or better yet, just retire already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That’s said, if that’s true, I really believe Pops coaching style and all the shticks it involves are a big part of it. Pop needs to get over himself, or better yet, just retire already.
    No one else has had a problem. Jazz chose D Will over Sloan. Didn't work out for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pops coaching style was all good with TD, D-Rob, Tony and Manu. All either in or going to the Hall of Fame. Leonard needs to grow a pair. Because IMO he would be sitting out with any team right now. He is soft..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pops coaching style was all good with TD, D-Rob, Tony and Manu. All either in or going to the Hall of Fame. Leonard needs to grow a pair. Because IMO he would be sitting out with any team right now. He is soft..
    I’m not disagreeing with you. But this Pop is definitely not the Pop of yesteryear. Kawhi is getting the old senile grandpa who passes gas in the middle of the grocery store isle because “ it, what are you gonna do.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't he attend one game after the meeting?

Can you do trades when the season is still going on? What are the rules? I didn't think you could until after the playoffs are over, but now that I think about it, I think I've seen trades during the playoffs before. If that is possible, is it only teams that have been eliminated from the playoffs that are able to make trades?
    Entirely possible that he was, but I haven't noticed. And I think he was at the one after the meeting, before it became known to the outside world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not disagreeing with you. But this Pop is definitely not the Pop of yesteryear. Kawhi is getting the old senile grandpa who passes gas in the middle of the grocery store isle because “ it, what are you gonna do.”
    It’s all about the Benjamins. If it were about Pop, he would never have signed his second contract with SA. He already had his ring and FMVP.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Entirely possible that he was, but I haven't noticed. And I think he was at the one after the meeting, before it became known to the outside world.
    I am sure he attended one game after the meeting, but you also raise a good point, was that one game he attended after word of the meeting got out? So now what I really want to know is if he's attended a game after news of the "meeting" broke?

Man, 6 months ago I never ever thought I'd be here talking about this subject matter. What a terrible place to be in considering how great the future looked for KL in a Spurs uniform just a mere six, seven months ago. This whole situation makes Kawhi's ascension last season and amazing playoff run feel evanescent right about now.
    Last edited by Ice009; 03-30-2018 at 09:30 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is all true. Pop, Manu and Tony have all taken hits. And for the most part ex-playes seems to support KL.
    Why would this be surprising? Kawhi has a strong rep as gym-rat, unmatchable work ethic.

Like Shaq said "He's a class act, I'm not gonna question him. If the man says he's hurt, he's hurt"

Yes I saw this segment tonight and I have seen other segments where all these ex-players are Pro-Kawhi. All these guys are black so it's basically tribalism at work here when it comes to them supporting Kawhi.
    This TD21 and daslicer theory about media black men supporting Kawhi...IDK. I think is more about a status issue -and to a lesser extent, knowledge about how injuries work-

Media is about fans/people buying stories, these guys on TV can't talk about old players like Parker who most fans barely remember who is...
    "Parker? Jabari Parker, the Greek Freak teammate? Who's Eva? latin actress? Eva Mendes? Barry wife? Who....?"

I'm 24 years old, when I talk with non-spurs fans friends I have a hard time trying to explain who are Spurs players, they remember they beat LeBron in 2014 but forgot about the whole roster.

On other hand, Kawhi isn't exactly the most charismatic guy in the league but people remember he was MVP candidate last season, the LeBron/KD vs Kawhi games of last season...
    It's weird, the Zaza thing made Kawhi more visible for masses...Kawhi turned into the good guy of movie who couldn't beat Warriors three-headed dragon just for that horrible Zaza.

Parker and Manu are legends, they're HOFers. At the same time for the fans-target audience of most sports TV shows, they're old af, just role players talking about an NBA MVP candidate, it's pretty obvious media would support Kawhi for business.

Also, former players know that many times in NHL/NBA/MLB/NHL history, doctors were wrong when they cleared players who were still injured.

These former players on TV are just saying they knew their own bodies better than other teammates and team's doctors.

Spurs have already gotten beaten pretty badly in this war. Spurs need to fire shots back at Kawhi through the media and leak out all the dirt on him. The damage Kawhi has done to them can't be undone but they need to prevent further damage by Kawhi's camp and do some damage to Kawhi's reputation.
    Why do you thing that Parker/Manu talked about Kawhi? Don't be naive. Anything with Pop is purely coincidence.

Everyone knows in this league that no player talks about the franchise player in public.

Thunder, Pacers, Clips...They had chemistry issues but KD/PG13/CP3's teammates and coaches never talked about them until the big dog leaves the team

In this case, Parker and Manu already did it. What they said could damage other role player's rep but not Kawhi's. Like I've said before there is a status reason giving to Parker/Manu's words a negative effect for the Spurs in public.

Something like "These old guys trying to rush humble-gym rat Kawhi back?? WTF? Look at IT & Boston, it's Kawhi's own right not to play injured"

Most NBA non-spurs fans see this like...

Last edited by YGWHI; 03-30-2018 at 10:12 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This TD21 and daslicer theory about media black men supporting Kawhi...IDK. I think is more about a status issue -and to a lesser extent, knowledge about how injuries work-

Media is about fans/people buying stories, these guys on TV can't talk about old players like Parker who most fans barely remember who is...
    "Parker? Jabari Parker, the Greek Freak teammate? Who's Eva? latin actress? Eva Mendes? Barry wife? Who....?"

I'm 24 years old, when I talk with non-spurs fans friends I have a hard time trying to explain who are Spurs players, they remember they beat LeBron in 2014 but forgot about the whole roster.

On other hand, Kawhi isn't exactly the most charismatic guy in the league but people remember he was MVP candidate last season, the LeBron/KD vs Kawhi games of last season...
    It's weird, the Zaza thing made Kawhi more visible for masses...Kawhi turned into the good guy of movie who couldn't beat Warriors three-headed dragon just for that horrible Zaza.

Parker and Manu are legends, they're HOFers. At the same time for the fans-target audience of most sports TV shows, they're old af, just role players talking about an NBA MVP candidate, it's pretty obvious media would support Kawhi for business.

Also, former players know that many times in NHL/NBA/MLB/NHL history, doctors were wrong cleared players who were still injured. These former players on TV are just saying they knew their own bodies better than other teammates and team's doctors.

Why do you thing that Parker/Manu talked about Kawhi? Don't be naive. Anything with Pop is purely coincidence.

Everyone knows in this league that no player talks about the franchise player in public.

Thunder, Pacers, Clips...They had chemistry issues but KD/PG13/CP3's teammates and coaches never talked about them until the big dog leaves the team

In this case, Parker and Manu already did it. What they said could damage other role player rep but not Kawhi's. Like I've said before there is a status reason giving to Parker/Manu's words a negative effect for the Spurs in the non-spurs public.
    Something like "These old guys trying to rush humble-gym rat Kawhi back?? WTF? Look at IT and Boston, Kawhi's in his own right not to play injured"

Did not read. Waste of life

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is going to be 33 in three months. No way you can rebuild around him and no good reason to be a six seed for a couple of years and then get stuck with the nasty rebuild anyways after instead of trying to gain some assets that will be useful long term. This team has no young talent whatsoever to build on right now assuming Leonard is out. Murray looks like he'll become a slightly below average starter and he is far and away this team's second best young talent behind Leonard.
    I don't believe Pop and RC are capable of a rebuild and certainly not with young guys. Their time is past.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe Pop and RC are capable of a rebuild and certainly not with young guys. Their time is past.
    Agree. Pop's 70 years old, he could be there coaching one/two years more. Look at Philly, rebuilding around young guys takes at least four-five years.

With Pop as head-coach they won't rebuild, they will be a compe ive 4/5/6 seed in the West until he retires or LeBron joins the team.

Also, being a 2nd round exit is fantastic, there is nothing negative about it. As Spurs fans we should learn to appreciate this.

Look at Wolves, they didn't make playoffs since 2003. Look at Bulls, they needed ton of years after MJ to make playoffs again...While the Spurs are still a playoffs team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did not read. Waste of life
    I know, you praised me for posting more than ten tweets yesterday..I just posted two in this...Wait until I find other 8...
    Last edited by YGWHI; 03-30-2018 at 09:49 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This didn’t just start in 2016.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2012/11/16/...his-left-knee/

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/s...mp-4669108.php

Once again the only people that believe this misdiagnosis bull have a erotic affection towards Leonard. First it was he needs more minutes PATFO are keeping his numbers down now the Kawhite knights are saying they’ve mismanaged his tendinopathy. Don’t fall to the dark side you seem reasonable coachmac.
    Truth bombs all up in here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop's coaching style helped Kawhi get a finals MVP (don't forget the "Thanks for pushing me" quote from Kawhi to Pop) and allowed Kawhi to do what he wanted and show his game all season last yr, which probably hurt Aldridge's production.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is, after this year’s stacked draft, the next couple of years are looking like a desert. SA might want to kick that can down the road two or three years. It’s nice to be able to choose, in any case.
    The 2011 draft was supposed be the 2000 draft redux but Kawhi and Klay Thompson came out of it. Meanwhile the 2012 draft was hyped as the 1984 draft all over again and didn't turn out any better than the 2011 draft. I could see your point if the Spurs had a lesser GM making their picks, but Buford has time and again showed an incredible eye for talent and I fully trust him to rebuild in the draft given high picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just depressing tbh. Kawhi is a of a player and it sucks seeing this happen.

Thread Information