Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll probably stretch Dung. We not attaching another young asset to get rid of a cancerous Cupcake contract. Not happening son. He might get bought out though. We'll see.
    The only A-level prospect you have is Ball.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    as good a future as I think longzo has it has to be hard being lakerfan and watching mitc and tatum look like future all-pro franchise stars while longzo couldnt shoot outside of 4 feet tbh . poor man's jason kidd

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ive always said to temper expectations but it seems like some of my laker brethren are shooting for the stars lol. there’s absolutely no way we’ll get kawhi from san antonio. ever. especially if we’re bringing feng to the table, that’s a non starter, period.
    if we can somehow land george, that would be a nice haul this offseason

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I honestly think Ingram is better with a much higher ceiling. Ball gotta fix that shot

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Michael Carter-Williams' rookie season was better than Ingram's sop re season. And the sad thing is, he probably still is the Lakers' best prospect after all the years of tanking.

The Lakers
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why would a Spur, er uh, "Clipper fan" care? You're silver and black pride is showing in your posts son. Disguise it better next time
    there such a thing as clipper fans?

The Lakers
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    hes not for sale. for injured kawhi i think Ingram, draft picks and filler is better offers you are gonna get. other teams are gonna look at Kawhi as a 1 year rental

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

The Lakers
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Randle is due a huge payday and would negotiate a near max deal to ok a trade. No way the Spurs are paying Julian $20-25 million starting when power forward is the one position they don't need anyone at. So scratch Randle. If Magic isn't absorbing Leonard's contract into capspace he's going to have to hope Leonard doesn't sign an extension with whoever he ends up with and wait until next summer, because the Lakers don't have anywhere near the talent nor draft picks to bundle to offset how awful Deng's contract is.
    I you look at it Deng contract is not that awful. lets say you keep Kawhi for another season and let him walk for nothing you are stuck with limited cap room. with Deng you get an expiring contract which is useful in getting another high impact player alongside LMA. I think long story short. If kawhi camp doesn't dictate where Kawhi is gonna go than you should be fine trading him or keeping him. but IF he claims Lakers or even utter the words Los Angeles than the spurs are going to have a hard time moving him to a team for top talent not named the lakers for a 1 year rental.

Also Magic cannot just absorb Kawhi contract. that's 40 million on 58 million dollars of cap space. meaning we have 18 million left to spend on PG-13, Randle and Isiah Thomas AND we need to find a center. that wont keep the lakers compe ive. either the lakers stretch deng or they bring in a third team to take Deng off their hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but IF he claims Lakers or even utter the words Los Angeles than the spurs are going to have a hard time moving him to a team for top talent not named the lakers for a 1 year rental.
    LOL the Lakers can't offer top talent, so what's the difference?

What kind of idiot thinks the Spurs are going to take Deng's contract off Magic's hands in addition to giving him a top 5 player for almost nothing?

The Lakers
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL the Lakers can't offer top talent, so what's the difference?

What kind of idiot thinks the Spurs are going to take Deng's contract off Magic's hands in addition to giving him a top 5 player for almost nothing?
    What kind of idiot will trade their top contract player for an injured player on a one year deal.

Unless your gonna pull oladipo or Bradley Beal and John Wall. Than you guys will have no problem trading Leonard. But it seems like the ECF is not interested in getting rid of their top players for Leonard. You guys are sort of ed in a way

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    hipster laker fans sons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What kind of idiot will trade their top contract player for an injured player on a one year deal.

Unless your gonna pull oladipo or Bradley Beal and John Wall. Than you guys will have no problem trading Leonard. But it seems like the ECF is not interested in getting rid of their top players for Leonard. You guys are sort of ed in a way
    You're a special kind of re ed thinking you're getting an MVP candidate and dumping a terrible contract in exchange for a B-level talent at best, especially when the Lakers have no good draft pick to offer.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He can handle the ball, he can pass, he can shoot it, good finisher. Only thing left is 15-20lbs of muscle so that he can put it all together, consistently:

He's the only player I wouldn't include in a package for Kiwi.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Michael Carter-Williams' rookie season was better than Ingram's sop re season. And the sad thing is, he probably still is the Lakers' best prospect after all the years of tanking.
    SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can handle the ball, he can pass, he can shoot it, good finisher. Only thing left is 15-20lbs of muscle so that he can put it all together, consistently:

So noble to be willing to part with your ten ty players, your draft pick, and the guy whose father is pure cancer to any franchise in exchange for an MVP candidate who is 26.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So noble to be willing to part with your ten ty players, your draft pick, and the guy whose father is pure cancer to any franchise in exchange for an MVP candidate who is 26.
    We don't know what Kiwi is right now. Is he healthy? If so, why didn't he play?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't know what Kiwi is right now. Is he healthy? If so, why didn't he play?
    You think you're getting the ultimate upside trade for nothing of value. Most likely case is you'd be getting a top 5 MVP candidate ready to play since the Spurs team doctors have had him cleared for games for months. A bad case might be his right quad slows him down enough so you just get an all-star. Worst case is he is done and you have a $20 million expiring contract with huge trade value at the deadline.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Kawhi's healthy enough to play. He just doesn't want to play for the Spurs. If he really wanted to be a Spur, he would have joined the team on the sideline even if he couldn't get on the floor. Boogie Cousins had a worse injury than that faker and still has managed to join the team during a break from his rehab. Kawhi's just a quitter at this point. No different than what Eric Gordon did to the Pels with a phantom knee injury for four years.

The Lakers
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You're a special kind of re ed thinking you're getting an MVP candidate and dumping a terrible contract in exchange for a B-level talent at best, especially when the Lakers have no good draft pick to offer.
    You're a special kind of stupid thinking you will get equivalent talent for Kiwi

Keep in mind we don't have to trade deng we can stretch him and do a sign and trade with randle and ingram plus 2 draft picks...we can also bring in teams that are looking to unload contracts. Deng is not someone you play he is someone you use to fill in for trades. He will be an expiring after next season so the only additional contract money you will be taking on is 18 million for one season. Unless you want to roll the dice and keep kiwi here for one season and let him walk next season without getting nothing in return. In that case lakers can essentially pick him up for free. Also if the spurs do keep him Its not like he will be PLAYING for Spurs next season either. lol. Also, I disagree with you about Ingram being B level talent at best he is still young to be given a label.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he'd be the one piece required to be part of any package tbh...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    he'd be the one piece required to be part of any package tbh...
    Agreed. If he is the deal breaker, Kiwi is safe, for now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a special kind of stupid thinking you will get equivalent talent for Kiwi

Keep in mind we don't have to trade deng we can stretch him and do a sign and trade with randle and ingram plus 2 draft picks...we can also bring in teams that are looking to unload contracts. Deng is not someone you play he is someone you use to fill in for trades. He will be an expiring after next season so the only additional contract money you will be taking on is 18 million for one season. Unless you want to roll the dice and keep kiwi here for one season and let him walk next season without getting nothing in return. In that case lakers can essentially pick him up for free. Also if the spurs do keep him Its not like he will be PLAYING for Spurs next season either. lol. Also, I disagree with you about Ingram being B level talent at best he is still young to be given a label.
    No one expects equivalent talent, the Lakers could never offer equivalent talent because it's not on the roster and they don't have a good pick. The Lakers would be a 60 win team with Leonard and George next season so your picks have no value, maybe even negative value since late firsts are usually crap players on guaranteed contracts. Deng's also not an expiring next year, he's an expiring year after next, so he would have minimal trade value next season. You think you're getting an MVP for dog but the Spurs can get crap offers from other teams who would gamble on being able to re-sign Leonard with Bird Rights.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

tbh youre forgetting a brain and some nuts

dude doesnt have "it", will never be a superstar tbqh

The Lakers
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No one expects equivalent talent, the Lakers could never offer equivalent talent because it's not on the roster and they don't have a good pick. The Lakers would be a 60 win team with Leonard and George next season so your picks have no value, maybe even negative value since late firsts are usually crap players on guaranteed contracts. Deng's also not an expiring next year, he's an expiring year after next, so he would have minimal trade value next season. You think you're getting an MVP for dog but the Spurs can get crap offers from other teams who would gamble on being able to re-sign Leonard with Bird Rights.
    that's why i said you will be on the books 18 million next season and he will be a valuable trade asset for 2019. If spurs are looking for higher draft pick positioning than a deal with clippers would make more sense since they have the draft pick from Detroit for the blake griffin trade. Most likely it will be Detroit 2018 draft pick clippers 2019 draft pick and possibly tobias harris and Patrick Beverly for Leonard. even to me that sounds like compared to Ingram and Randle. rather have the potential player over the draft pick tbh

Thread Information