Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's funny how important symbols are to the left unless it's the US flag then it's why get upset over a symbol.
    What are you talking about?

How are the protests disrespectful?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hates the flag

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

hates the flag
    Does this count as being on the clock? We need a ruling as to whether he can hate America at this time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are the protests disrespectful?
    Refusing to stand for the national anthem is considered disrespectful. It's just the way it is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hates the flag
    Damn Trump triggered the outta him.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me, it's just the general disrespect for the flag/anthem/country - all this anti-American feeling. America is not a perfect country, but imo, it is still the best place to live, the place with the greatest freedoms, the most opportunity, second chances, etc. People don't appreciate how good they have it here. They whine and complain about everything - get upset over every little slight, etc and not count their blessings. In other countries, there is real poverty, big problems, no safety net, etc. but people who are fortunate enough to live here not only take it for granted but actively hate the country.
    And you want there to be no safety net here and whine and complain about the one this country has constantly. Why do you hate America?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Refusing to stand for the national anthem is considered disrespectful. It's just the way it is.
    By you? Do you consider it disrespectful and if so, why?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By you? Do you consider it disrespectful and if so, why?
    I don't care. I didn't make the rules. Stop acting like you've never heard people should stand for the national anthem.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I've said, I encourage Democrats to kneel, burn the flag, on it etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's your right so you should do it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't care. I didn't make the rules. Stop acting like you've never heard people should stand for the national anthem.
    So if they stood and raised their fists, is that disrespectful?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states:
    “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.
    “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition...
    ...It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah man, Trump has shown it's easier to fan the flames of the right wing outrage of the day than it is to give a and govern the USA.
    What's mor e re ed are his stupid supporters keep trying to make this about the flag when today's display was all about that idiot Trump and what he said. If he had not said what he said today's events would not had occurred. Then he goes on to say interlocking arms is ok, but kneeling is not. He really thinks he is an emperor or something.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if they stood and raised their fists, is that disrespectful?
    Both their fists? Probably get an excessive celebration penalty.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Yeah, I still don't see how kneeling silently is disrespectful. If people just counted their blessings because they lived in the US and shut up about everything you wouldn't be able to vote.
    Still remember how butt hurt baseline got when i spoke of advising my kids about the path America is on.

Some people treat America like its their first girlfriend. They want to kick anyone's ass that has anything bad to say about her.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The obsession by these puritan bas s for a ing piece of cloth is deranged

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's mor e re ed are his stupid supporters keep trying to make this about the flag when today's display was all about that idiot Trump and what he said. If he had not said what he said today's events would not had occurred. Then he goes on to say interlocking arms is ok, but kneeling is not. He really thinks he is an emperor or something.
    So today's kneeling was just about being triggered not for any particular cause?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The obsession by these puritan bas s for a ing piece of cloth is deranged
    Yeah right. Why care about a piece of cloth when there are statues to be upset about. Or other different pieces of cloth.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states:
    “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.
    “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition...
    ...It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses
    Yeah, they may be punished but probably won't.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Both their fists? Probably get an excessive celebration penalty.
    Nope, just one. Is that disrespectful?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you want there to be no safety net here and whine and complain about the one this country has constantly. Why do you hate America?
    I don't hate America. I want those safety nets to survive and they won't if there aren't changes soon (when it's less painful) but nobody dares to touch Medicare and SS politically - do we just bury our heads in the sand and wait until 2028/2034 and decrease benefits by 17/28%? That won't be tolerated - so we'll just add to the debt until the interest becomes too much to bear or our dollar is worthless?

I re-state my opinion that Medicaid should be for the disabled/kids - not the able-bodied adults that Obamacare expanded it to. Our resources should be going toward SS and Medicare to which people contributed to all their working lives - not given away free to people with no skin in the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't hate America. I want those safety nets to survive and they won't if there aren't changes soon (when it's less painful) but nobody dares to touch Medicare and SS politically - do we just bury our heads in the sand and wait until 2028/2034 and decrease benefits by 17/28%? That won't be tolerated - so we'll just add to the debt until the interest becomes too much to bear or our dollar is worthless?

I re-state my opinion that Medicaid should be for the disabled/kids - not the able-bodied adults that Obamacare expanded it to. Our resources should be going toward SS and Medicare to which people contributed to all their working lives - not given away free to people with no skin in the game.
    Do you think you will receive more or less from SS and Medicare than you personally contributed? Will you personally be a net gain or loss for those programs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So today's kneeling was just about being triggered not for any particular cause?

Donnie boy pretty much daring them to stand is cause enough for me. If I was a player I would had done that on both knees in the middle of the field on the logo. None of this happens today if it were not for Trump opening his big mouth. All this mess started with Curry, and I'm not sure why it even did since Curry said right after they won he would not be attending if he was invited. IT all goes back to Trump being ultra sensitive not ever letting stuff go.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh?

I vote with my money - cancelled NBA League pass and no more Heat/Spurs games for me and my brother. Haven't even watched a Spurs game since first Spurs/GSW last season - just not the same without Timmy - and don't want to hear Pop spout off on Trump - I want to be entertained - not listen to this (if I want to hear it, I'll just come to this board :-)
    Eventually all you're going to be able to watch are Duck Dynasty and Antonio Sabato, Jr. movies, I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah right. Why care about a piece of cloth when there are statues to be upset about. Or other different pieces of cloth.
    Couldnt agree more

Thread Information