I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘There is no glory in this’: Nicolle Wallace perfectly explains why Roy Moore’s sex abuse victims came forward

After an earlier segment where she called out the “depravity” of conservative media outlets like Fox News and Breitbart defending Moore — who now stands accused of sexually molesting a 14-year-old in 1979 — Wallace was asked by co-host Donny Deutsch to explain the pitfalls of a woman exposing herself to public scrutiny.

“There is no glory in this for a woman,” Wallace began.

“I mean it is — it is reliving the most humiliating, the most debasing moments, days or hours of a woman’s life.

To put this in the newspaper attached to her name, and as Heidi says, the story is in exquisite piece of journalism, because these interviewers got these women to understand not just the the risks they were taking to their own reputations,

but the risk they were taking that they wouldn’t be believed.”

“I think to re-traumatize the women, is to say, ‘if true.’

To re-traumatize the women is to say, ‘if this costs him the election.’

I mean, yes, it’s true, because no woman lies about being sexually molested as 14-year-old, or being taken advantage of.”

“These women are coming from small communities,” GOP consultant Susan Del Percio jumped in to add.

“They’re not movie stars.

These are women going to the supermarket every day.

Some of their children are in school, there’s real risks they’re putting out.”

“Not to take anything away, the actresses that came out were brave and brilliant and they are our heroes.

But Gwyneth Paltrow has an Oscar, a job, a career and a lot of wealth,” Wallace stated.

“The victims in this story, and I’m sure she would agree and most famous women who went out and did this and took great risk.

It is harder when you have nothing to gain, everything to lose.

To see people on television say, ‘oh, if it’s true.’ It’s true!”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/the...-came-forward/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sorry if this has been reposted but this is absolutely disgusting.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Moore is really innocent of this he should absolutely take legal action. Bring the accusers and the corroborators before the full scrutiny of the law.

I bet he doesn't, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Moore is really innocent of this he should absolutely take legal action. Bring the accusers and the corroborators before the full scrutiny of the law.

It's he said / she said, men win nearly always

Repug family values / Christian morals shining again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if what is happening in hollywood right now ever set foot in D.C. the would hit the fan. the one funny thing would be the number of bible thumpers and phobes that would be exposed in the process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's he said / she said, men win nearly always

Repug family values / Christian morals shining again.
    Burden of proof is pretty high for slander cases involving public figures, but I think Moore has a responsibility to see this through. He is a fighter after all, and by golly these stories are fabricated. What's he going to do, just allow liars to try to come after him with made up stories?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It is very common for conservatives to call for such lawsuits it seems.

The problem with that is then they have to provide proof.

And, you know, open themselves up to perjury charges if they get themselves on the stand and have to testify under oath.

Conservatives tend to do very poorly when they have to provide evidence. The crushing defeats of Intelligent Design in court, and many other instances bears this out. You can't go into a court and say "I feel it is true", or "I have faith it is true". That is one of the ways that religion tends to poison reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Burden of proof is pretty high for slander cases involving public figures, but I think Moore has a responsibility to see this through. He is a fighter after all, and by golly these stories are fabricated. What's he going to do, just allow liars to try to come after him with made up stories?
    Darn tootin'. If them gals are makin' it all up, sue 'em. That is what a real man would do.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if what is happening in hollywood right now ever set foot in D.C. the would hit the fan. the one funny thing would be the number of bible thumpers and phobes that would be exposed in the process.
    Well there was Hastert. We would never hear the end of it here if it was Tom Daschle or Nancy Pelosi raping kids.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    The truth is the right wing has convinced their base that Mexicans and blacks are worse than a white pedophile.

This wont matter. He will still win.

Now, if a story broke that he was in favor of "sanctuary cities" or "black lives matter", then he would see a 20 point drop because mexicans and blacks are scary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The truth is the right wing has convinced their base that Mexicans and blacks are worse than a white pedophile.

Now, if a story broke that he was in favor of "sanctuary cities" or "black lives matter", then he would see a 20 point drop because mexicans and blacks are scary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Probably. Gerrrymandering is dangerous to good government for just this reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roy moore is a ing idiot. I know this from personal experience. I've had the occasion of interacting with him and crossing paths with him professionally.

When he was an assistant d.a. in Etowah county he was trying a murder case. So he decided to show the jury how the victim was stabbed to death in the chest.

So this dumb ass accidentally stabs himself in the chest and had to be rushed to the hospital. A mistrial was declared. As an attorney, that is one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard about happening in a court room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably. Gerrrymandering is dangerous to good government for just this reason.
    It's not a matter of gerrymandering in alabama in today's political times.

An r. Kelly like pee tape could surface and he will still win the election in alabama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Both parties have convinced their bases that the opposite party is like a combo of ISIS and the Khmer Rouge and must be stopped at all costs or else they'll destroy the United States. If like a pedo ran against Mitt Romney or something I would go door to door recruiting for Romney

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 11-10-2017 at 12:55 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're gonna split hairs over this?
    If it doesn't matter why not use the proper term? It's like calling the Texas shooter a terrorist. He's not being accused of child molestation, but possibly statutory rape. Yes it matters if it was a 14 year old girl or a 4 year old girl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pretty sure if he was caught on film smoking crack and went to prison, he wouldn't be voted back in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it doesn't matter why not use the proper term? It's like calling the Texas shooter a terrorist. He's not being accused of child molestation, but possibly statutory rape. Yes it matters if it was a 14 year old girl or a 4 year old girl.
    Moore stripped naked and grabbed her hand onto his

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you should.be talking about is your opinion on his actions. Do you have one? Or are they lying slots?
    These are allegations. Like Harvey, I think people knew this for many years and did nothing about it. Suddenly it's an issue. Roy Moore didn't change, he just moved further into the spotlight.

Personally I disagree with Moore on most things, especially with me being atheist. Fortunately he's not in my state so I don't have a dog in the race. Either way the allegations would be statutory rape at best, not child molestation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fortunately he's not in my state so I don't have a dog in the race.
    He's running for US Senator.

Like Harvey, I think people knew this for many years and did nothing about it. Suddenly it's an issue.

See above.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roy moore is a ing idiot. I know this from personal experience. I've had the occasion of interacting with him and crossing paths with him professionally.

When he was an assistant d.a. in Etowah county he was trying a murder case. So he decided to show the jury how the victim was stabbed to death in the chest.

So this dumb ass accidentally stabs himself in the chest and had to be rushed to the hospital. A mistrial was declared. As an attorney, that is one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard about happening in a court room.
    jeez. This is the guy who made Alabama's Chief Justice. smh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jeez. This is the guy who made Alabama's Chief Justice. smh
    Moore derided in law school as fruit salad

Thread Information