Page 99 of 217 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 5422
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Compulsion of the last word and ing the football.

DMC's white flag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When did I mention Hitler relative to the GOP?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't, so you win again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As you may recall, my recent comparisons were the "strategia della tensione" in Italy, and "the troubles" in Ireland.

Nothing to do with Hitler or Nazis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Compulsion of the last word and ing the football.

DMC's white flag.
    When did I mention Hitler relative to the GOP?
    I didn't, so you win again.

As you may recall, my most recent comparisons were the "strategia della tensione" in Italy, and "the troubles" in Ireland.

Nothing to do with Hitler or Nazis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure we know what the Dems say they are for, until they get power and then do nothing about it. Being powerless to affect change while you have power is about as worthless as you can be.
    But that's a different topic altogether. I'll be happy to address it, but you have to acknowledge that there always was a legislative agenda that went past lip service to actually put it on a piece of paper and take it to a vote. That's miles better than standing for nothing, or just doing lip service.

It's very difficult to tell what the GOP even claims to be for these days. It didn't used to be like that.

As to the powerless bit, it simply boils down to politics being messy. Sometimes you can make it work, sometimes you don't.

Obamacare, tax cuts, medicare part D, COVID relief... all things that happened in different administrations, and none of which were easy. On the other hand, military funding apparently is more important than defaulting on the debt these days.

Just like everybody on the right thought they were on the same page about repealing Obamacare, and yet, when the opportunity arose and they had all the power, as you say, they couldn't do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, those were my most recent historical analogies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still waiting for the "Hitler card" pull quote.

Got any?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that's a different topic altogether. I'll be happy to address it, but you have to acknowledge that there always was a legislative agenda that went past lip service to actually put it on a piece of paper and take it to a vote. That's miles better than standing for nothing, or just doing lip service.

It's very difficult to tell what the GOP even claims to be for these days. It didn't used to be like that.

As to the powerless bit, it simply boils down to politics being messy. Sometimes you can make it work, sometimes you don't.

Obamacare, tax cuts, medicare part D, COVID relief... all things that happened in different administrations, and none of which were easy. On the other hand, military funding apparently is more important than defaulting on the debt these days.

Just like everybody on the right thought they were on the same page about repealing Obamacare, and yet, when the opportunity arose and they had all the power, as you say, they couldn't do it.
    My point is about the product, not the precursor. What's the product? Well wishing?

The repealing thing you keep mentioning, is that as big as minimum wage, abortion, immigration, tax reform, gun control, environment, diversity, etc... ? Because those are the things the dems profess to believe and yet obviously many of them don't believe it enough to actually support it. I see the left here about the inep ude of the dems all the time. They might not like what the right is doing, but they like the ability to do it.

Excusing incompetence away as "messy politics" is too convenient with no accountability. In 4 years, 2 of those being impeached, Trump was able to possibly change the course of this country through supreme court nominations. No one is standing around carrying protest signs over the green new deal. The dems can't get out of their own way to get anything meaningful done. 12 years of Obama and the affordable HCA was all he really did and if you've talked to people who are familiar with it, it's not the bee's knees. It will be replaced by something but it's so interwoven into the fabric of healthcare that repealing it right out would create chaos and Trump had "muh legacy" on his mind, and knew a lot of his voters relied on free or lower cost healthcare, and chose instead to go after lower hanging fruit like building a fence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said you played the Hitler card.
    Still waiting for the "Hitler card" pull quote.

Got any?
    Reading is fundamental

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading is fundamental
    Well, you strongly implied I was carrying them sub rosa. I just wondered what that was based on.

Your capitulation is duly noted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The GOP is normalizing political violence against the "leftist" government of Joe Biden. That's not so much like Hitler as like Italy in the 1960s and 70s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    E.g., Jan 6th

A direct attack on the US Capitol to derail the certification of an election the right-winger lost. Coaxed and tended by the loser, with options for a military recount, had leftist counter-violence provided a suitable pretext for a state of emergency,

But it didn't.

Antifa doesn't give a about Joe Biden.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 12-14-2021 at 03:06 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point is about the product, not the precursor. What's the product? Well wishing?
    But we're not talking about the product. We're talking about what the parties claim to stand for, and the bills they put on the table backing that up.

When we talk about legislative agenda, that's what we're talking about. ie: what are the policy priorities for the parties.

The repealing thing you keep mentioning, is that as big as minimum wage, abortion, immigration, tax reform, gun control, environment, diversity, etc... ? Because those are the things the dems profess to believe and yet obviously many of them don't believe it enough to actually support it. I see the left here about the inep ude of the dems all the time. They might not like what the right is doing, but they like the ability to do it.
    For Republicans at some point it was the #1 healthcare issue. Until it wasn't. See: https://www.kff.org/health-reform/pr...icare-for-all/

- Minimum wage: New federal contracts mandate a $15 minimum wage starting in Jan 2022. For non-federal contractors, see: https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...house-bill/603
    - Immigration: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._C...ip_Act_of_2021, https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...se-bill/6/text
    - Tax Reform: Built right into the Build Back Better Act (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/24/tax-...explained.html)
    - Gun Control: Biden talked about it, but this is simply a non-starter in the current political climate. And, do you have any doubts where an assault weapon ban would be if Dems had the votes?
    - Environment: The infrastructure bill that passed already provided historic levels of funding for climate projects (see: https://www.wri.org/insights/us-infr...te-more-needed), more funding for same in the Build Back Better Act.
    - Diversity: https://law.ucla.edu/news/biden-reve...rsity-training

The ing doesn't come from the party at large putting these proposals in place, but from a small minority wielding major power in order to get them through the finish line.

There's plenty to criticize Democrats about, but relative clarity on where they stand in almost all of those issues isn't one of them.

Excusing incompetence away as "messy politics" is too convenient with no accountability. In 4 years, 2 of those being impeached, Trump was able to possibly change the course of this country through supreme court nominations. No one is standing around carrying protest signs over the green new deal. The dems can't get out of their own way to get anything meaningful done. 12 years of Obama and the affordable HCA was all he really did and if you've talked to people who are familiar with it, it's not the bee's knees. It will be replaced by something but it's so interwoven into the fabric of healthcare that repealing it right out would create chaos and Trump had "muh legacy" on his mind, and knew a lot of his voters relied on free or lower cost healthcare, and chose instead to go after lower hanging fruit like building a fence.
    Trump didn't do squat about the SCOTUS. Nominations can only be approved by the Senate, and the guy that made that happen was Mitch by unilaterally removing the filibuster for SCOTUS nominations.
    The only signature law Trump had was the Tax cuts for the rich, which is hilarious considering he ran on a largely liberal and progressive campaign, which really goes to show the lack of ideas coming from the right these days.

The same thing you're barking about Dems right now is what happened with the GOP in the first two years of Trump's presidency. He had a very flimsy majority and nothing got done either. So, yeah, it's messy.

And sorry, I'm not a fan of Obamacare nor Obama, but saying that's the only thing that got done is patently wrong. He inherited a absolutely disastrous economy, tanked by the subprime mess, and handed out a solid economy. Sniped Bin Laden. Made the US energy independent. Deported more immigrants than his successor. Protected Dreamers. His administration argued Obergefell v. Hodges and prevailed. You don't win back to back if you suck, tbh... ask Trump.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC desperately trying to change the subject.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-14-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw, "reports say" Hannity, spewing, propaganda, hate, lies, net worth is $300M+

Ain't America great? Same with Alex Jones and tele evangelist grifters

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    btw, "reports say" Hannity, spewing, propaganda, hate, lies, net worth is $300M+

Ain't America great? Same with Alex Jones and tele evangelist grifters
    At least he's keeping his boodle, bouts. That idiot Chris Cuomo was making $7 million a year, every year from CNN and pissed that in' thing away in the blink of an eye.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repug brownshirts harassing, intimidating the populace

'Enraged' homeowners calling cops on

Trump supporters as they go door to door looking for voter fraud

members of the New Hampshire Voter Integrity Group

who are going door to door throughout their state

attempting to find evidence of 2020 presidential election fraud,

homeowners are not pleased at the intrusions and

have been
    calling city officials and police to complain.

https://www.rawstory.com/new-hampshi...ntegrity-group

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump-loving GOP Senate candidates are vowing to oust Mitch McConnell as leader

https://www.rawstory.com/mitch-mcconnell-2656039489/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the party of hate of non-Christians, misogyny

Muslim Lawmaker Comes Under Fire in House Debate on ‘Islamophobia’

A conservative Republican accused Ilhan Omar, the sponsor of a House bill to combat anti-Muslim bias, of terrorist sympathies.

Representative Scott Perry, the incoming leader of the ultraconservative House Freedom Caucus, FreeDumb Kochus

assailed the measure, which would create a new special envoy position in the State Department to combat “Islamophobia and Islamophobic incitement.”

But his harshest words were aimed at Ms. Omar, one of two Muslim women in the
    House and a co-author of the measure.

“American taxpayers shouldn’t be forced to pay terrorist organizations, organizations that the maker of this bill is affiliated with,

like the one that’s an unindicted co-conspirator in the largest terror finance case in the United States of America’s history,” Mr. Perry said.

The attack was a convoluted reference to a case more than a decade ago against the Holy Land Foundation,

an Islamic charity that in 2008 was convicted of funding Islamic militant groups.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations, a human rights group, was one of nearly 250 organizations and individuals named as co-conspirators.

A decade later, the council, which is modeled on the Anti-Defamation League, honored Ms. Omar, who gave a speech to its California chapter.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/14/u...amophobia.html

you mother ers are deplorable s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess this does not mean poster b is bringing up hitler card.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said you played the Hitler card.
    See

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But we're not talking about the product. We're talking about what the parties claim to stand for, and the bills they put on the table backing that up.

When we talk about legislative agenda, that's what we're talking about. ie: what are the policy priorities for the parties.

But they don't get it done, even with control of the the WH, the house and senate. You're excusing the party for being inept as long as they meant well. Sorry, I don't hire contractors who mean well and cannot get the job done. This is my point. When you elect someone, you want something done. Would you vote for someone who's tag line is "Means' well" or "Status Quo, if nothing else"?

If you're ok with effort in place of results, do you really even need anything done?
    For Republicans at some point it was the #1 healthcare issue. Until it wasn't. See: https://www.kff.org/health-reform/pr...icare-for-all/

- Minimum wage: New federal contracts mandate a $15 minimum wage starting in Jan 2022. For non-federal contractors, see: https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...house-bill/603
    - Immigration: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._C...ip_Act_of_2021, https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...se-bill/6/text
    - Tax Reform: Built right into the Build Back Better Act (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/24/tax-...explained.html)
    - Gun Control: Biden talked about it, but this is simply a non-starter in the current political climate. And, do you have any doubts where an assault weapon ban would be if Dems had the votes?
    - Environment: The infrastructure bill that passed already provided historic levels of funding for climate projects (see: https://www.wri.org/insights/us-infr...te-more-needed), more funding for same in the Build Back Better Act.
    - Diversity: https://law.ucla.edu/news/biden-reve...rsity-training
    These are bills. These are not policies or laws. "If dems had the votes". Precisely the point. Even with a majority they don't support their own agendas. The BBB is going to be funneled to the wealthy. WH will about it here and no one will give a .
    The ing doesn't come from the party at large putting these proposals in place, but from a small minority wielding major power in order to get them through the finish line.

There's plenty to criticize Democrats about, but relative clarity on where they stand in almost all of those issues isn't one of them.
    Where they purport to stand. If they really stood there why have so many congressional and presidential terms pass without any of this getting done? The few bad apples?
    Trump didn't do squat about the SCOTUS. Nominations can only be approved by the Senate, and the guy that made that happen was Mitch by unilaterally removing the filibuster for SCOTUS nominations.
    The only signature law Trump had was the Tax cuts for the rich, which is hilarious considering he ran on a largely liberal and progressive campaign, which really goes to show the lack of ideas coming from the right these days.
    So Mitch did what no democrat was ever able to do.

They all find ways to give money to the wealthy.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how well your team played. It matters if they won. If winning means getting your agendas passed, and you didn't, then you didn't win.
    The same thing you're barking about Dems right now is what happened with the GOP in the first two years of Trump's presidency. He had a very flimsy majority and nothing got done either. So, yeah, it's messy.

And sorry, I'm not a fan of Obamacare nor Obama, but saying that's the only thing that got done is patently wrong. He inherited a absolutely disastrous economy, tanked by the subprime mess, and handed out a solid economy. Sniped Bin Laden. Made the US energy independent. Deported more immigrants than his successor. Protected Dreamers. His administration argued Obergefell v. Hodges and prevailed. You don't win back to back if you suck, tbh... ask Trump.
    I'm just providing an assessment. I've voted for dems more often than for the right, but I know that these ideals that the dems espouse are mostly political talking points. They will never have any effective gun control because they don't understand guns or how or why to control them, and at the heart of it those in charge don't really want to, it's just lip service for their voter base. They won't do anything for the environment but they will put so many regulations on US businesses that foreign companies will sell more of their goods cheaper in the US than any US company can, due to their cost of operation. On so many of the talking points there are fundamental issues why they cannot move forward, but they will keep pretending they are going to (next term).

If the dems had any effectiveness the right should not have a snowball's chance in of ever seeing public office again, but the left is mostly pla udes and optics.

Which of those things Obama did were on the dem play list? GWB won back to back. GWB sucked.
    Last edited by DMC; 12-15-2021 at 01:02 AM.

Thread Information