Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please forgive if this has been addressed on a previous thread but I caught a portion of a pod with I think Ryen Rusillo and Bill Simmons and Simmons suggested the Spurs offer up their three best draft picks to the Pistons for Cade. I found myself wondering a) would they take that and b) shouldn't the Spurs be willing to do that. Acquiring Cade and all it costs are unknowable draft assets seems like a no brainer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overpay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll go with Bulls pick and Spurs 2025 pick unprotected and Tor pick. I'll then only give up Jones or branham. I think Spurs do it unless they see Cade as a non fit. I doubt they seem him as a negative. Pistons won't take it. They'll want 2024 unprotected. Dallas pick. And one of those ALT picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems re ed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible decision.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For whom?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pistons aren't trading Cade for anything less than an absurd haul. It's clear that the Pistons think he can be a franchise cornerstone so the price on him will be too high. Three draft picks plus player(s) for salary matching is way too high a price given the likelihood that at least 2 of those picks are in the lottery. I'm not even sure I'd do it for 2 picks.

However, Killian Hayes or Jaden Ivey could be available for a decent price. Hayes is an inefficient scorer, but he'd be the best PG on the current Spurs' roster. Ivey's having a down year, but it's clear that getting benched has affected him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting take. Hayes has only half a year left on his contract and isn't regarded as all that valuable. Ivey is interesting but he has lost a bit of his confidence this year. A change of scenery is what both of those players really need. Maybe the spurs could offer a second or two for Hayes and that useless 1st from Charlotte and Wesley/Branham for Ivey. I know it isn't much to give Detroit, but they may be getting really desperate really soon and maybe the spurs could take advantage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've long thought about blockbuster offers for either Cunningham or Trae Young but realistically those deals would never happen mid-season because of the likelihood that it would totally screw the draft position of the Spurs pick that would presumably have to be involved

Teams that add legit talent mid season lose slots in the draft. , when the Spurs traded Derrick White to the Celtics I think their pick was 18 and finished at 25, and he wasn't even starting

Spurs 24 pick without any trades: 1-7 probably. With Cunningham or Young? 6-12. Why would those teams sabotage themselves to get a worse pick when they can do a deal in the summer?

Anyways, I would do the 3 firsts for Cunningham no problem. I'd throw in one or both of those fake firsts that will probably convert to seconds from Chicago and Charlotte.

Downside of Cunningham is he's coming up for his extension and that seems like an opportunity for a unsatisfying deal with Wright's history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine getting traded from the worst team in the league to the 2nd worst team in the league

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man, an overhyped guy who can't shoot the three and is an absolute traffic cone on defense is exactly what the Spurs need.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems odd that the savior of your franchise is on a team that is about to break the all time record in consecutive losses.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not no but No to this trade! I am good getting a PG in this draft and even going after Immanuel Quickley from Knicks this off season to give us a Veteran

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please forgive if this has been addressed on a previous thread but I caught a portion of a pod with I think Ryen Rusillo and Bill Simmons and Simmons suggested the Spurs offer up their three best draft picks to the Pistons for Cade. I found myself wondering a) would they take that and b) shouldn't the Spurs be willing to do that. Acquiring Cade and all it costs are unknowable draft assets seems like a no brainer.

That
    Noise

He isn’t worth one FRP, let alone three.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me put it this way: There is no way Cade on a max deal is worth more than Nikola Topic on a rookie deal. Cade's argument over Topic is that he's a better 3 point shooter. Topic is younger than Cade as a freshman at OK state, creates more with lower turnovers, finishes better at the rim, and is a similar size playing in a tougher league. I think the argument that Cade is more athletic is dead since we've seen time and time again that he can't get separation. Would you trade the spurs' best 3 1st rounders to move up to take Nikola Topic in this draft? Most people would say ' no'. If the answer is no, why in the would anyone offer that deal for Cade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop ain’t trading for Monty’s problem children. If they can’t perform for him, they can’t play here with Pop.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Only if Monty comes along.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cade is interesting but not worth a potential top 3 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, the more I'm interested. Cade needs a change of scenery and the Spurs badly need change - any kind of change.

With that said, I'm only offering the CHI pick, the CHA pick, and the TOR pick plus one of our scrubs (which pretty much could be anyone except for Wemby).

I wait until the deadline when we are 4-50 or something approximating that record as to not ruin our draft positioning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys still haven’t realized that podcast was a troll, for attention, and for laughs at anybody stupid enough to take it seriously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do it and even add another pick+player if they include Ivy. We completely suck right now and have zero future with these scrubs. Also, whatever players these picks wind up being may or not be any good. Cade and Jayden obviously need a change and so do we. DO IT SPURS!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yall are wild. Even if the Spurs got the number one pick this year, I would offer that + TOR pick (so let’s say that’s pick 1 + 10) and CHI pick for Cade easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. Better having Cade then lotto picks in so so draft. No brainer.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have Topic than Cade, I think, in a vacuum, so overpaying seems stupid, imo. Also we need to avoid gambling on potential busts. Too risky for me. You underpay for someone with question marks.

Thread Information