Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outfielder boots a routine ball to hand the Rangers a world series...looks like the ghosts of 2011 really have been undone tbh and it's a 2 run triple too
    Yup, like Nelson Cruz 20 yards too shallow to have a chance at Freese's 2 RBI triple that should have been the third out, and that bizarre zone defense Ron Washington had out there FML...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, I can't say i like the Dodgers or any of the LA sports teams quite frankly, though i'm neutral about the Rams I guess and I don't consider the Chargers an LA team because they're from San Diego. But thank you, regardless. It's appreciated.

Are you even from CA/LA?? Or you just picked them up for the heck of it. You're the one who seems to complain with me most about the hot Texas weather in the summer, so I'm curious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats to all the Rangers fans! The curse has been exorcised!
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 11-02-2023 at 01:40 AM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, I can't say i like the Dodgers or any of the LA sports teams quite frankly, though i'm neutral about the Rams I guess and I don't consider the Chargers an LA team because they're from San Diego. But thank you, regardless. It's appreciated.

Are you even from CA/LA?? Or you just picked them up for the heck of it. You're the one who seems to complain with me most about the hot Texas weather in the summer, so I'm curious
    Followed the Dodgers because the Missions were a Dodgers farm team for a long time so I got to see guys like Pedro Martinez and Mike Piazza as minor leaguers plus got to watch a couple innings of a game with Sandy Koufax at VJ Keefe field one time when I was a kid and that was a thrill getting to meet a legend like that. Then it was awesome going to Dodger games when I lived in LA for years. Not a hardcore fan who bleeds Dodger colors like mid though like I am with the Spurs. Anyways, congrats man. Gotta feel amazing to avenge 2011. Especially taking down the ing Astros in their park in Game 7 along the way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Followed the Dodgers because the Missions were a Dodgers farm team for a long time so I got to see guys like Pedro Martinez and Mike Piazza as minor leaguers plus got to watch a couple innings of a game with Sandy Koufax at VJ Keefe field one time when I was a kid and that was a thrill getting to meet a legend like that. Then it was awesome going to Dodger games when I lived in LA for years. Not a hardcore fan who bleeds Dodger colors like mid though like I am with the Spurs. Anyways, congrats man. Gotta feel amazing to avenge 2011. Especially taking down the ing Astros in their park in Game 7 along the way.
    Hopefully Ohtani looms for us. But we also need starting pitching and speed on the bases.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Congrats to all the Rangers fans! The curse has been exercised!
    Amen. Happy for you fellows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread get in here !!!!!! the D-backs!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get it.

Dodgers won in Arlington in '20, so at least you guys got a championship recently, asterisk or not.

At least there were SOME fans... so it actually counts as canonical to me, much more than say, what the LeBeta Lakers "won" in 2020 which felt like mickey mouse in every sense of the term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thread get in here !!!!!! the D-backs!!
    I heartily agree. I can get back listening to radio 6AM sharp......

"I know this sounds ridiculous but this could be a good thing."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A little salve for Andrew. Enjoy it, boy. Bless your heart, Ange. By God, you needed it and it's here for ya. Sleep well, my friend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Ohtani looms for us. But we also need starting pitching and speed on the bases.
    Ohtani is a chess piece, but I feel like his kind would have been truly phenomenal on an NL team with the old NL rules.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A little salve for Andrew. Enjoy it, boy. Bless your heart, Ange. By God, you needed it and it's here for ya. Sleep well, my friend.
    YES SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweet victory. Happy for my city. This year's Rangers were basically the opposite of the heartbreaking choke artists fans expected after so many years. They were clutch, resilient and dominant. One of the most convincing postseason runs in any sport in history.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sweet victory. Happy for my city. This year's Rangers were basically the opposite of the heartbreaking choke artists fans expected after so many years. They were clutch, resilient and dominant. One of the most convincing postseason runs in any sport in history.
    Congrats, Spurm, sincerely. You did it! And you'll never forget it!

Spurm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amen. Happy for you fellows.
    Appreciate it Cubby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn, 2011 is a distant memory now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Appreciate it Cubby
    You're a grand bunch, never to be forgotten that's for darn sure. Up, down, fussin' & fightin' and on this night it's all right there before ya's. I'll stand witness, makes me so happy to see ya's like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still liked that team outside of the chokey pitching. Liked Josh Hamilton, Napoli, Beltre, etc. Nelson Cruz was ok. The 9th inning zone defense was so mind numbingly stupid, that was a glove-ball all the way from Freese and it was more on Washington than Cruz.

This team wasn't perfect this year either, but they were ultra resilient in the face of so many injuries... bad second half of the season, no home field advantage, perfect road record in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, just realized Corey Seager was WS MVP for both you guys in the bubble year and us now....

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    We got one, Rob!
    Last edited by Monostradamus; 11-02-2023 at 12:14 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You've avenged yourselves, Rob, there is no better feeling. It's a victory over bitter disappointment, the ones in the past, and, the one's waiting for us.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I thought you may have caused a harbinger with you dour bent earlier. But it all turned out 100%.

And your Spurs did it to the Suns just like the old days the other night. I had to laugh aloud here at the house.

Makes one think back to Duncan, Gino and the gang. Grand times. Never to be equaled. It's right there in the mind's eye, forever. Cannot be taken from ya's. It's safe within each us.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Congrats to all the Rangers fans! The curse has been exercised!
    Thanks for Seager brah. Glad we could both enjoy the modern day Mr October.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Champagne is on ice
    The fat lady is warming up the vocal cords
    suck it, hole!

And we didn’t need trash cans to win ours.

Thread Information