Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The undercover video was filmed in July 2014 by the Center for Medical Progress, an advocacy group that reports on medical ethics. They dispatched two actors posing as representatives of a human biologics company to a business lunch with Deborah Nucatola, Planned Parenthood’s senior director of medical services.

The video shows Nucatola describing in graphic detail how abortionists are able to harvest organs from aborted babies based on the parts that are needed.

“Yesterday was the first time she said people wanted lungs,” she told the undercover buyers. “Some people want lower extremities, too, which, that’s simple. That’s easy. I don’t know what they’re doing with it, I guess if they want muscle.”

To which one of the fake buyer’s replied, “Yeah - a dime a dozen.”

“I’d say a lot of people want liver,” Nucatola said. “And for that reason, most providers will do this case under ultrasound guidance, so they’ll know where they’re putting their forceps.”

She went on to describe how they are able to acquire other organs without “crushing” them.

“We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/14/shock-video-planned-parenthood-sells-dead-baby-body-parts/

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    First of all, if dead babies' tissues are apparently viable enough to harvest and sell, then that blows up almost any rationalization for abortion, does it not?

Second of all, the fact that our taxpayer money is going to a bunch of people who casually discuss crushing babies' organs like they're making small talk about the weather is disgusting.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First of all, if dead babies' tissues are apparently viable enough to harvest and sell, then that blows up almost any rationalization for abortion, does it not?

When you give blood or sell plasma do you grieve?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    No, because in that scenario, I'm choosing to do that. Babies are killed, ripped open with forceps and have their organs sucked out with a vacuum to be put up for sale and obviously don't get a say in the matter. Dogs are euthanized in a more humane manner than these humans.

Billy Bob
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comparing donating blood/plasma from an actual consenting adult, to murdering a defenseless human life and then selling off it's organs??? You just won the dumbass award of the year

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, it doesn't.

women get abortions because they don't want a baby, not because they are getting paid for baby parts.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The comparison was made based on a definition of LIVING CELLS by clip, not on consent.
    What does viable enough mean...

So I will ask the board again, do you grieve when you give blood or plasma?

This is why I consider some on this board so disingenuous. Clip was basically saying the cells are a living human because they can be harvested and are viable, what did I miss here? I understand the consent thing which has nothing to do with his implied definition.
    Last edited by pgardn; 07-15-2015 at 09:01 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Second of all, the fact that our taxpayer money is going to a bunch of people who casually discuss crushing babies' organs like they're making small talk about the weather is disgusting.
    the smaller scale is harvesting and selling sperm while posters talk about rubbing one out like they're talking sports

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol conservatives duped into a rage again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has the video been discredited? I haven't watched.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has the video been discredited? I haven't watched.
    No, it's all true. Planned Parenthood clinics make thousands of dollars each selling baby livers on the black market and regularly dive and swim in the profits Scrooge McDuck style.

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you had read the entire article that you posted from Fox News you would understand these organs are going towards research, not to people in need of organ transplant.

Grow up.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    That's pretty much politics in general; finding reasons to stand for or against something and letting it be an excuse for anger, outrage, and unhappiness.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I should have started a bet on who would post the thread about this.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    If you had read the entire article that you posted from Fox News you would understand these organs are going towards research, not to people in need of organ transplant.
    When did I say the organs weren't going towards research? I only pointed out that they were being sold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When did I say the organs weren't going towards research? I only pointed out that they were being sold.
    Except they aren't being sold.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Except they aren't being sold.
    They also posted an advertisement from a major purchaser of aborted fetal tissue that was posted in Planned Parenthood clinics. That advertisement mentions words like “financial profitable,” “financial profits,” “financial benefit to your clinic,” and “fiscal growth of your own clinic.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They also posted an advertisement from a major purchaser of aborted fetal tissue that was posted in Planned Parenthood clinics. That advertisement mentions words like “financial profitable,” “financial profits,” “financial benefit to your clinic,” and “fiscal growth of your own clinic.”
    Not being sold. That's illegal.

If you have evidence of fetal tissue being sold for a profit, go ahead and post it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You haven't seen this advertisement.

You should, then tell everyone what they are offering to buy.

I bet you won't do it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an O'Keefe type sting, totally dishonest, since LYING is all the pro-lifers (pro-fetus, not really pro-life) is all they have

No, Planned Parenthood Isn’t Selling ‘Aborted Baby Parts’

Although Nucatola thought she was speaking to buyers from a biological company, she was actually meeting with actors working for an organization called the Center for Medical Progress — which describes itself as a “group of citizen journalists dedicated to monitoring and reporting on medical ethics and advances” and has close ties to an infamous anti-abortion organization that works to discredit Planned Parenthood. Nucatola was unaware that she was being filmed.

The Center for Medical Progress says it has been investigating Planned Parenthood for nearly three years. David Daleiden, the media contact for the new investigative video project, used to work for Live Action News, the anti-choice group founded by Lila Rose that has pioneered sting operations at Planned Parenthood clinics for years. Live Action is notorious for releasing edited videos to mislead viewers about what Planned Parenthood employees are saying.

One of Live Action’s particular specialties is splicing together footage in a way that highlights abortion’s gory medical details. Of course, as with any other medical procedure, listening to doctors talk frankly about abortion can be gross. This is exactly what’s going on in the Center for Medical Progress’ new video; writing in Cosmopolitan, reporter Robin Marty described the video as “upsetting” and “off-putting,” particularly when Nucatola talks about the “menu” of fetal tissue and organs that patients may choose to donate.

Regardless of the potentially upsetting medical language, however, the Center for Medical Progress’ larger “findings” don’t hold up. Though the new investigation claims Planned Parenthood is profiting off the sale of fetal remains, Nucatola repeatedly emphasizes “tissue donation” and pushes back on the idea that her organization is selling anything.

In the longer version of the raw video footage — which includes more than 150 additional minutes that didn’t make it into the final nine-minute version — there’s one instance when she says quite directly, “Nobody should be ‘selling’ tissue. That’s just not the goal here.”

On Tuesday, the Center for Medical Progress also published other do ents that purportedly back up its claims, including a Planned Parenthood consent form for tissue donation. That formexplains that “research using the blood from pregnant women and the tissue that has been aborted has been used to treat and find a cure for such diseases as diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, and AIDS” — and makes it very clear that donation is optional.

Abortion opponents have long been wary of medical advances that rely on using material from fertilized eggs and fetuses. That’s what spurs the debate over embryonic stem cell research, which used to be a much bigger culture war issue before the discovery of alternative stem cell options. Nonetheless, no matter how squeamish Americans may feel by the idea of donating aborted fetuses, this type of fetal tissue donation and research is legal, and has been for decades.

Eric Ferrero, the vice president of communications for Planned Parenthood, has dismissed the new video as a misleading portrayal of human tissue donation from activists who hope to smear Planned Parenthood’s reputation.

“Patients sometimes want to donate tissue to scientific research that can help lead to medical breakthroughs, such as treatments and cures for serious diseases. Women at Planned Parenthood who have abortions are no different,” Ferrero said in a statement.

“There is no financial benefit for tissue donation for either the patient or for Planned Parenthood.

In some instances, actual costs, such as the cost to transport tissue to leading research centers, are reimbursed, which is standard across the medical field.”

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015...d-controversy/

Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-15-2015 at 11:02 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    You haven't seen this advertisement.

You should, then tell everyone what they are offering to buy.

I bet you won't do it.
    I literally posted it two posts above you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I literally posted it two posts above you.
    You did not. You posted one paragraph from it.

It is a four page ad.

Keep looking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smhlol clipper nation

Thread Information