Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop doesn't seem to agree with the uselessness of Nazr. He's been playing good D (3 blocks in last night game - game high) and been able to hold his own coming off the bench for Rasho. He seems to be able to provide offense when Rasho's shot isn't going down.
    He played fewer minutes than Glenn Robinson in last nights game.

The Franchise
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the other side, after putting a good run, the Knicks are enjoying their 7th loss in a row.
    Rose isn't playing bad, just average like he did in his last 2 season as a Spur and I don't think he will improve a lot more.
    The thing is that Nazr can't play worse than in his last games and he has upside like his first quarter of season show. I can't see why you continue to bash him. People has done the same thing with Barry and I hope it will happen the same thing for Nazr too.

SW: Hot As Hell
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It took Barry time to get comfortable. It will also take Nazr time. Maybe he doesn't have enough before the playoffs. He didn't rotate well on defense, but he did manage 3 blocks. He is lost in the offense, but I think that will take time. He is not really one to create a shot for himself, so the Spurs have to find the right kind of plays or places to put in him to score. I'm sure if he feels more comfortable he will find his opportunities. If not, then either he will learn them in training camp or be trade bait.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of us don't have to backpedal because we nailed it on the first post:

And the second...

I was by far the harshest critic of this trade...I have to admit a certain weakness in swaying towards actually thinking this might be a good trade when I getting piled on by nearly the entire board at times and I was reading some scouting reports that got a little too happy...I should have stayed with my initial reaction...Lottery Scrub!

Anyway...thanks for bumping this thread TimVP...sometimes even I forget how truly damn good I am.

PS:Seen that Isiah Thomas thread lately?
    I call BS on this.

I was the harshest critic.

I was lambasted and browbeaten by everyone in here for my tantrum.

ie.

02-24-2005, 02:43 PM #79
    Jimcs50
    Nostradamas Jr.

Position: Dominant Center
    Team: San Antonio Spurs
    vBookie Cash: $75
    Re: Spurs send Rose to Knicks for Nazr Mohammed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Useruser666

Calm down Jim, ! We still got that Ducan dude!

Listen I have watched this Mohammed play and I am not impressed at all. Malik is twice the player and he was the heart and soul of the Spurs, he represented all that was good on the team, he always played 100%......this sucks.

Pop!!
    02-24-2005, 03:28 PM #126
    Jimcs50
    Nostradamas Jr.

Re: Spurs send Rose to Knicks for Nazr Mohammed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IceColdBrewski

And you call yourself a Spurs fan?

Pathetic.

I am the biggest fan in this forum, hands down.

But when this franchise stabs a player in the back, a player that gave his heart and soul to the team for 6 yrs, it rubs me the wrong way. That and also with the fact that Pop lied to his team that they had nothing in the works even as early as yesterday, I lose 100% respect for the coach, a coach that I called the best coach in Spurs history for the past 5 yrs.

I am deeply saddened by this cut throat move and I can not see one good reason why they would make a move in midseason, a season that they have the best record, the best team and the best chemistry in the NBA. The Spurs have nowhere to go but down.....that is the facts....get it!!??

02-24-2005, 03:33 PM #130
    Jimcs50
    Nostradamas Jr.

Re: Report: Spurs send Rose to Knicks for Nazr Mohammed

At least I am finding out who my friends are.

you s.

Loyalty means a lot to me, and I guess it means nothing to any of you?

Mohammed blows big ones, I watch the League Pass every night, he is HORRIBLE.
    Last edited by Jimcs50; 04-07-2005 at 08:56 AM.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here are a few questions that I want every Rose hater to answer truthfully:

How many times in Rose's career, even this year, had Rose been one that came in the game off the bench, and ignited the lackluster start by the starters, and turned the team in the right direction with his rebounding, his hustle, his timely basket, his defense, and his infectious all round at ude to get their asses in gear?

Can anyone of you Nazr backers ever expect to have Nazr do this, or are you confident that Nazr can ignite a Spurs run under same cir stances?

Also we gave up 2 countem 2 first round draft choices. Do you realize how mant quality players are coming out in the next few years that we can not get now? It is not like we do not have room at the end of the bench for a quality young player to learn and get better.

As I said the day the trade was made, this was the worst move in Franchise history in midseason, considering that this did not have to be done, the Spurs were kicking ass, they had the #1 seed, they were the odds on favorite to win it all, they were on the top of the mountain looking down on everyone else. The Smith trade ended up bad because of his injury and contract, but we needed to make a move because the team was not at the top at the time.

I wish Nazr well, he seems like a great guy, but he is no Rose...if he had Rose's heart and hustle with his 6'10" body, he would be an allstar.
    Last edited by Jimcs50; 04-07-2005 at 09:12 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be careful Jim, Brad might get jealous!

I know Nazr has gotten worse since getting here. I don't know if there is enough time for him to get comfortable with the system in time for the playoffs. None of this will bring Malik back. Does anyone have the stats for the first 20 games Rose played with SA? I know this was a late season trade, and maybe Rose would be playing better here right now. I believe he probably would. But I still believe Nazr can work in the Spurs system given the time and opportunity. He really hasn't had either of those yet.

Philippines vs. USA team in 2012 London Olympics Duncanoypi's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nazr will be fine in playoff...book it!...

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be careful Jim, Brad might get jealous!

I know Nazr has gotten worse since getting here. I don't know if there is enough time for him to get comfortable with the system in time for the playoffs. None of this will bring Malik back. Does anyone have the stats for the first 20 games Rose played with SA? I know this was a late season trade, and maybe Rose would be playing better here right now. I believe he probably would. But I still believe Nazr can work in the Spurs system given the time and opportunity. He really hasn't had either of those yet.
    Campare the stats of Rose's 4th year with Nazr' 4th year or compare Rose's starting year when he started half the season like Nazr did.

Not fair to compare Rose's 1st year because he had hardly played at all before he was sent to SA.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nazr will be fine in playoff...book it!...
    Nazr better not even be on playoff roster, or Pop is an idiot,

Marks is 10 times better than Nazr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you.. I have had this same discussion with tons of people.. Their excuse well... Money.. It is quite annoying to me that this could cost us more in the "BIG"picture than most think about..Granted Rose wasn't the greatest player we had, but he had the biggest heart. Sometimes heart will overcome anything. I love Malik Rose and how he plays the game. Nazr has STILL not shown me anything to get overjoyed about.

"How many times in Rose's career, even this year, had Rose been one that came in the game off the bench, and ignited the lackluster start by the starters, and turned the team in the right direction with his rebounding, his hustle, his timely basket, his defense, and his infectious all round at ude to get their asses in gear?"

There are too many instances in this quote to even count. Just to be clear this is NOT about hating NAZR. I don't. I just haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe that this was a good move by the Spurs.. If Duncan would've been hurt before this trade, I would bet almost anything(key word ALMOST) it wouldn't have happened until the end of the season. .

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we should give him more than 6 games with Duncan on the floor before making any final judgements on Nazr's ability to play with this team.

I would agree that Rose would be better for this team when injuries have made it necessary to look elsewhere for offense, but this isn't the team or system that is going to have to get us to the Championship.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we should give him more than 6 games with Duncan on the floor before making any final judgements on Nazr's ability to play with this team.

I would agree that Rose would be better for this team when injuries have made it necessary to look elsewhere for offense, but this isn't the team or system that is going to have to get us to the Championship.

Rose was at his best when TD was not on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rose was his best with david robinson next to him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was Rose's +/-?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rose was at his best when TD was not on the floor.
    That's what I said, but if TD's not on the floor in the Playoffs, it doesn't matter if we have Rose, Mohammed or Bryant Reeves.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I said, but if TD's not on the floor in the Playoffs, it doesn't matter if we have Rose, Mohammed or Bryant Reeves.

Spurm, TD will not be on the floor at least 10 mins every game in the playoffs...and in that 10 mins, I want a player on the floor that can either get the team playing well, or make them continue to play well.

Nazr has shown zero ability to do this in any way shape or manner..

You Nazr backers have not answered my questions....go back and honestly answer them, or I will lose all repsect for you.

I at least admit when I am wrong.

The Robinson pickup did not excite me or get me upset, I was neutral because i thought he would be too out of shape to either contribute much or not even get to play at all...it looks like I was wrong, because he really looked sharp on offense last night, so I admit that might has underestimated his value.

Can you guys answer my questions honestly and admit that we Rose backers were right from the getgo?
    Last edited by Jimcs50; 04-07-2005 at 09:57 AM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turns out Rose was in Marks' way.

There's no argument from a basketball standpoint at this date.

If only the trade was about basketball....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's hating? I'm just not in any damn hurry to jump to conclusions.

I like Rasho on the floor when Duncan is out.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's hating? I'm just not in any damn hurry to jump to conclusions.

I like Rasho on the floor when Duncan is out.
    Rasho plays well when TD is out.

I like it too.

I just miss having that sparkplug off the bench. Maybe Marks can be in that role.

I hope Pop leaves Nazr off the playoff roster and replaces him with Marks, because there is no doubt that Marks is playing much better than Nazr and he can also shoot the ball, and go to the rack.

The Franchise
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here are a few questions that I want every Rose hater to answer truthfully:

How many times in Rose's career, even this year, had Rose been one that came in the game off the bench, and ignited the lackluster start by the starters, and turned the team in the right direction with his rebounding, his hustle, his timely basket, his defense, and his infectious all round at ude to get their asses in gear?

Can anyone of you Nazr backers ever expect to have Nazr do this, or are you confident that Nazr can ignite a Spurs run under same cir stances?

Also we gave up 2 countem 2 first round draft choices. Do you realize how mant quality players are coming out in the next few years that we can not get now? It is not like we do not have room at the end of the bench for a quality young player to learn and get better.

As I said the day the trade was made, this was the worst move in Franchise history in midseason, considering that this did not have to be done, the Spurs were kicking ass, they had the #1 seed, they were the odds on favorite to win it all, they were on the top of the mountain looking down on everyone else. The Smith trade ended up bad because of his injury and contract, but we needed to make a move because the team was not at the top at the time.

I wish Nazr well, he seems like a great guy, but he is no Rose...if he had Rose's heart and hustle with his 6'10" body, he would be an allstar.
    I am not really a Rose hater, but since you are requesting an answer.

First, Rose has stepped up countless of times in his carreer and we had all given him props to do so, but the last two seasons, he wasn't his true self and he was in Pop's dog house during the last playoffs. Pop put an end of this situation trading him.

I don't expect Nazr to play like Malik, I just hope he can play like he did during the first quarter of the season as a Knicks. He isn't playing like he should be and that's why he deserves criticism.

The two draft picks will be between 25 and 29, we can't expect to draft players like Parker or Udrih every year.

Do you really think, we will still be 1st seed without this trade???
    Manu and Tim didn't play a lot of the games between the trade and now.
    It's as silly as saying that Malik is reponsible of the current Knicks drought (they are in there 7th loss in a row).

The current Nazr hate is like the early Barry's hate, the only thing that has changed is that Whottt is on the bashing side, that's why he isn't answering to these questions. Give more games to the guy, he has potential, he just needs some time to develop him.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do not hate Nazr, I think he is a wonderful person from all I see of him...but the trade sucked.

Yes, we would have been the 1 seed if the trade had not gone down...I am sure having Rose would have given the Spurs the exta 2-4 pts in the 3 losses we have had since the trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, we would have been the 1 seed if the trade had not gone down
    oh for christ sake.

Look you gambling addict dumbF, Duncan getting hurt is the reason the team DOESNT have it.

I just love how people judge this guy after only a couple weeks on the job.

Once again, people have had it out for him, because of who he was traded for.

I thought he played great D last night, altering and blocking some shots.

But, that doesn't fit anyone's agenda.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh for christ sake.

Look you gambling addict dumbF, Duncan getting hurt is the reason the team DOESNT have it.

you do not think Rose was worth 3-5 pts in those 2-4 pt losses?

And where is the Manu jersey you promised me you would get for my son????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll agree with the not being number 1 seed. However Rose would have made a difference. Maybe not a huge difference, but a difference. That being said Rose is not here anymore unfortunatley. The coulds, woulds just don't cut it.. The right now does. Right now we are ok. Duncan will be back soon, and as long as we can start winning on the road we will be looking at a good run.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, the Spurs lost a lot more games(percentage wise) after the trade even with TD than they did before the trade.

Thread Information