My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Will he catch Roger Federer for the most Grand Slam wins?

Rugged like Rwanda SpursNextRomanEmpire's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think so, the only thing that would hold him back would be injuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roger could still win 1 or 2 more. Especially considering the way he played this tournament.
    I think so, the only thing that would hold him back would be injuries.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's still at 25 with already 10 grand slam wins. Roger has got 1-2 good years left in him tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. I think Fed plays 3 more years and will win at least 2 more in that span. He is always a threat to win Wimbledon. I say Fed goes out with about 18 and Nadal maybe 14 or 15. Depends on his health and how great Novak can play in the next 4-5 years..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. I think Fed plays 3 more years and will win at least 2 more in that span. He is always a threat to win Wimbledon. I say Fed goes out with about 18 and Nadal maybe 14 or 15. Depends on his health and how great Novak can play in the next 4-5 years..
    So only a few more even though he's 25? I don't know much about Tennis, but isn't Nadal almost guaranteed to win the French Open every year? Isn't clay his ? Having such a dominance on a terrain over the rest of the compe ion makes me believe he can catch Federer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So only a few more even though he's 25? I don't know much about Tennis, but isn't Nadal almost guaranteed to win the French Open every year? Isn't clay his ? Having such a dominance on a terrain over the rest of the compe ion makes me believe he can catch Federer.
    Injuries have been his problem and 5 years ago people said Roger will win Wimbledon every year. Novak can challenge him or someone else. Coming into this Novak had beat him twice on clay in finals.. Tennis always has young dogs coming up.. It's a shark tank..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he can but we can't count roger out like others said he has 3 at most - at least 2 GS wins left, when fed retires nadal's major problem is his injuries, second is djokovic

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, clay is 'his ', but Djokovic is the better player right now and Federer did Nadal a huge favor by taking him out. It's also debatable whether or not Federer should have won the first set, he had a ball hit the line (in my opinion) on set point, but they have no hawkeye technology for some re ed reason @ Roland Garros. If he wins that first set, he's playing loosely and free-swinging, and that's when Federer is at his best.

To answer the OP, no, Nadal will not match/surpass Roger. Nadal has already shown injury issues early in his career, and his game is about running people into the ground, which means his game won't age well. On top of that, Djokovic will soon be taking the #1 ranking from him in the coming months.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nadal doesn't like a fast-paced game tbh, that's why he dominates the French Open

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No he won't

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Nadal doesn't like a fast-paced game tbh, that's why he dominates the French Open
    He grew up on clay. But he has developed a game well suited for faster courts. A bigger serve and taking the ball earlier are keys to this change.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nadal sucks in the hard court... that might hinder him from catching Fed. Two events are played on hard courts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nadal sucks in the hard court... that might hinder him from catching Fed. Two events are played on hard courts.

He won the US open last year.. And has Aussie Open les..

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm still pissed about the French Open final. Roger choked again.....guess at this point it should have been expected.

While nadal is only 25, he has a lot of mileage....won his first FO in 2005, and been playing pro since 16.

Nadal has benefited like no one else from the genization of courts and the slowing down of them.

I don't see Nadal winning more than 3-4 more. His play at the French this year shoed some weakness...had novak made the final......

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm still pissed about the French Open final. Roger choked again.....guess at this point it should have been expected.

While nadal is only 25, he has a lot of mileage....won his first FO in 2005, and been playing pro since 16.

Nadal has benefited like no one else from the genization of courts and the slowing down of them.

I don't see Nadal winning more than 3-4 more. His play at the French this year shoed some weakness...had novak made the final......
    More like Roger came back to earth after an amazing start. Rafa will eventually outplay Federer as the better player will eventually take the lead.

Thread Information