Prior to NBA / Country:
    Central Michigan / USA
    Years Pro: 8

Info

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll bump this. We had intrest in him last year at the beginning of the season.

If he came for the right price or a S&T, I think he'd be an upgrade.

Not sure where he ends up or what his market is these days.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have the third best center in the league, the best backup center in the league and may have another quality center waiting in the wings and you want them to pursue an aging, injury prone, relatively immobile, non athletic, plodding center -- who's going to command well in excess of the MLE, no less --, when their biggest need is an athletic, mobile power forward? Keep in mind, they don't have a great deal of financial flexibility either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't need a 3rd Center.

We need a capable PF to pair with TD.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A guy who is a vet, a previous 20/10 guy. Right price = vet min or trade/dumping Bonner for him.

He's a guy who can spell Duncan as he will be turning 37 next year I believe. Gives us some size in the middle.

Doesn't solve all our problems, but he helps address them. Spurs haven't had an interior defensive presence since Horry in 07. Don't expect spurs to get that person immediatly. Even if we draft someone, they most likely won't make a huge impact.

We could do far worse than Kaman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rather the spurs have Kaman instead of Bonner and Blair.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rather the spurs have Kaman instead of Bonner and Blair.
    Seriously, Kaman probably wouldn't defend the PnR any better than Bonner or Blair, and that's what the Spurs need from a big man right now. Pass.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be a good get if we find a way to add an athletic PF by trade or draft....We need a guy who can roam with KD outside.......That said he would take alot of pressure of TD as far as inside scoring goes and is a good defender....I like him and J Hill with a LLE for Ebanks all would be good moves for SA.

Sign Kaman, and Ebanks, Move Splitter for the 10 or 11 pick and get Henson or Lamb spurs would be in good shape.
    Is this guy for real?? too much playstation? - there is something called the CBA and the fact that most NBA GMs are at least marginally competent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kaman would be a good pickup provided Splitter was on the way out (can't really justify having him if you've got both Duncan and Splitter on the roster). That being said, hes a 7 footer so he will be overpaid and chances are he would be out of the Spurs comfort and price range for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you ever watched any team but SA? My family has 3 members who work in the FO of an NBA team. I am a scout for VCU and former player D1. I dont own a playstation.

Spurs need post scoring and defense Kaman would take care of that. We also need a guy who can defend KD on the wing. Ebanks is very young and will be a very good defender in our system when we go small. LA is likely not to match any offer for him. KL and EBANKS on the front line with TD or Kaman give us a very good defense.

Splitter is on the block and SA has shopped him and Blair. That said a signing of Kaman and dealing Splitter for a lotto pick where they draft a SG or Henson who Pops loves would be great moves.

Your a dumb ass, if you want the Spurs to win another ring in the next year, this offseason major move is needed and the FO knows it. We cant defend the paint, and Manu and TP struggle to defend.....you must get a shot blocker or better wing defenders if you want to have a shot next year.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Ebanks is ing horrible. LA is a desert of young player talent to develop and he still could barely see the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you ever watched any team but SA? My family has 3 members who work in the FO of an NBA team. I am a scout for VCU and former player D1. I dont own a playstation.

Spurs need post scoring and defense Kaman would take care of that. We also need a guy who can defend KD on the wing. Ebanks is very young and will be a very good defender in our system when we go small. LA is likely not to match any offer for him. KL and EBANKS on the front line with TD or Kaman give us a very good defense.

Splitter is on the block and SA has shopped him and Blair. That said a signing of Kaman and dealing Splitter for a lotto pick where they draft a SG or Henson who Pops loves would be great moves.

Your a dumb ass, if you want the Spurs to win another ring in the next year, this offseason major move is needed and the FO knows it. We cant defend the paint, and Manu and TP struggle to defend.....you must get a shot blocker or better wing defenders if you want to have a shot next year.
    Well it seems other teams executives have been telling your family nothing but bull , because everyone of your predictions have always been horribly wrong in the past.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well it seems other teams executives have been telling your family nothing but bull , because everyone of your predictions have always been horribly wrong in the past.
    lol

Still Trying To Dunk It Plumblbw's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with Kaman (speaking hypothetically ignoring money for a moment) is he would have to play behind Duncan. Would he be willing to take a bench role? If you've watched Kaman play he has no lateral speed and whilst pairing him with Duncan would be good offensively (they can both score in the post and hit the mid-range jumpshot) we would be no better defending the pick n' roll.

I'm more for finding this mystery athletic PF with the draft pick we don't have to stick next to TD.

I don't know Texas No Step's history (And btw No Step I'm not cussing you I'm just curious), but reading this thread it seems people think his inside sources are Mickey Mouse?

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me pick up those credentials you just dropped.

FWIW, while he was attacking you, being a scout isn't particularly relevant to the point he was making (CBA knowledge). You may be able to evaluate talent, but that doesn't mean you know the dynamics of the salary structure. It's like saying "I know all about medicine, I went to law school."

That doesn't mean you don't know the CBA, it just means that you dropped irrelevant credentials.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he isn't a scout, nor does he have any relations with any FO. he usually comes up with that BS when he tries to back up some total re ed claims and some guys call it what it is. 3 family members is new. usually it's a good friend who works in the FO.
    btw. this is the same "scout" who claimed Ryan Richards is better than Odom and Bosh and that Andray Blatche would deliver a championship ring, if the Spurs traded for him.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favorite is the "Leonard's hands are too big for him ever to be a good shooter."

Hit the bulls-eye on that one tbh.

Still Trying To Dunk It Plumblbw's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favorite is the "Leonard's hands are too big for him ever to be a good shooter."

Hit the bulls-eye on that one tbh.
    Cheers Benefactor (and Mountain Baller). I could of got suckered in come draft time. For example:

Me to my wife - Love, apparently a deal is going down where we're getting the number 1 pick. This guy 2 step has got a sniff from an "inside source" and it's 95% certain to happen. OMG, we're going to have a Davis & Duncan front court.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and not just jump on the bandwagon, but it seems you guys have heard been burnt countless times before.

I'll keep an eye out for some classics going forward.

"Matt Bonner is like a laser-guided missle from 3pt range all year round".
    Last edited by Plumblbw; 06-21-2012 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Typed David instead of Davis (Typo)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude I wasn't calling you out based on talent of players - Kaman would be a good addition although not sure the best fit - so would Hibbert, Batum, or heck Howard or DWill but you have to be able to AFFORD players based on the CBA

Would it be nice to trade Splitter for a lotto pick? Sure but in what world will another GM value Tiago Splitter so much to give up pick #10 in a solid deep draft - do you really think that is the best offer the Hornets would get?

I don't know all the ins and outs of CBA but there are many guys on here that do and all it takes is a little bit of reading to at least have an idea of the basics so that when you throw out FAs or potential trades they are somewhat realistic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher

Source: teams still w/ a shot at Mayo (Mavs, Rockets, Pacers, Clippers, Knicks and Suns) + Kaman (Mavs, Pacers, Spurs, Kings and Jazz)

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do. Not. Need. Or. Want.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    0% chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe 0.1%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way Kaman makes sense at all is if you trade Splitter. You can't play Kaman and Duncan together and Splitter is also a center.

Even if you trade Splitter and sign Kaman, I still don't love the fit. He's a low-post scorer but isn't very efficient plus he's turnover-prone. On D, he's exploitable in pick-and-rolls.

I guess I'd like Kaman combined with a good Splitter trade more than I'd like the signing of Bass ... but those should be two low options on the radar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Things are starting to get whacky now. Now substance to any rumor, just random throw away footnotes, all of which make little sense overall.

Ersan, Camby, Bass and Kaman. Diaw, Lorbek & who else too?

Thread Information