Page 22 of 75 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ryback is the white version of Tommy "Tiny" Lister, AKA Zeus.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ryback is the white version of Tommy "Tiny" Lister, AKA Zeus.
    I don't see that at all. The movie thing just bled over into the rasslin'. The Ryback situation totally difference, if ya recall he came up with the NEXUS. He just stood out like Reigns does with The Sheild.

The Fandango? bit is an old one, it goes back to the late 50's and Ricki Starr.

Last edited by Avante; 04-15-2013 at 10:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see that at all. The movie thing just bled over into the rasslin'. The Ryback situation totally difference, if ya recall he came up with the NEXUS. He just stood out like Reigns does with The Sheild.

The Fandango? bit is an old one, it goes back to the late 50's and Ricki Starr.

I know he came up with NXT...just saying he reminds me a lot of Zeus...the at ude and intensity...and lack of mic skills.
    Fandango is more like a PG version of Val Venis...but Val actually had more mic skills...which is REALLY saying something, because Val wasn't that great either.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know he came up with NXT...just saying he reminds me a lot of Zeus...the at ude and intensity...and lack of mic skills.
    Fandango is more like a PG version of Val Venis...but Val actually had more mic skills...which is REALLY saying something, because Val wasn't that great either.
    Ok, cool.

Speaking of Cena as a heel, check this out. Brock Lesnar first rassled Batista there., he was called...Leviathan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, cool.

Speaking of Cena as a heel, check this out. Brock Lesnar first rassled Batista there., he was called...Leviathan.

Oh yeah..seen this video a hundred times...Cena was Prototype.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rasslin' was so much better when we had all those associations. Guys going from one to the other, each region having their stars. Lawler in Memphis, the Von Erichs in Texas, Flair in the south, Hogan in the northeast, the Gagne's in the midwest, miss it.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah..seen this video a hundred times...Cena was Prototype.
    no ing

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad tagteam rasslin' gets treated like it does today. No more great/legendary duos. So many teams that were just that tagteams, they weren't two rasslers just thrown together. They came in the business as a tagteam. Where are the brother teams? Used to be tons of them real or imagined.

Booker T came in the business as a tagteamer as did Shawn Michaels. , Sting and the Ultimate Warrior started out as a tagteam. What were they called, if I can remember. Star-something.

I guess The Shield would be the closest thing to what I'm talking about. Would love to have seen Ryback and Big E.Langston as a tagteam coming in. Hmmmm?....with a manager.

Brother teams (real or imagined)

The Torres Brothers...were three
    The Grahams
    The Neilsons
    The Von Brauners
    The Von Stroheims...three
    The Bastiens
    The Brunettis
    The Gallaghers
    The Vachons
    The LeDucs
    The Valiants...three
    The Kalmikoffs
    The Von Steigers
    The Volkoffs
    The Lisowskis
    The Stanlees
    The Briscos
    The Fargos

What happened?
    Last edited by Avante; 04-18-2013 at 11:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad tagteam rasslin' gets treated like it does today. No more great/legendary duos. So many teams that were just that tagteams, they weren't two rasslers just thrown together. They came in the business as a tagteam. Where are the brother teams? Used to be tons of them real or imagined.

Booker T came in the business as a tagteamer as did Shawn Michaels. , Sting and the Ultimate Warrior started out as a tagteam. What were they called, if I can remember. Star-something.

I guess The Shield would be the closest thing to what I'm talking about. Would love to have seen Ryback and Big E.Langston as a tagteam coming in. Hmmmm?....with a manager.

Brother teams (real or imagined)

The Torres Brothers...were three
    The Grahams
    The Neilsons
    The Von Brauners
    The Von Stroheims...three
    The Bastiens
    The Brunettis
    The Gallaghers
    The Vachons
    The LeDucs
    The Valiants...three
    The Kalmikoffs
    The Von Steigers
    The Volkoffs
    The Lisowskis
    The Stanlees
    The Briscos
    The Fargos

What happened?
    u forgot the dudly boys, love their finishing move 3D

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like The Shield. They remind me of the Fabulous Freebirds.......they have that "old school wrestling" at ude....especially Ambrose.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A WWE tagteam tournament...hmmm?

Big E. Langston and Dolpf Ziggler
    Kane and The Undertaker
    Shamus and Randy Orton
    Brock Lesnar and CM Punk
    The Sheild
    Triple HHH and John Cena
    The Giant and Mark Henry
    Ryback and Wade Barrett

Not bad.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like The Shield. They remind me of the Fabulous Freebirds.......they have that "old school wrestling" at ude....especially Ambrose.
    Ambrose another one of those without the look but makes up for it with his mic skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with England, tbh....Ryback is boring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Each week I grow more and more impressed with The Shield.

Not a big fan of Fandango, but the Fandangoing is pretty cool.

I wish crowds would try and outdo each other each week. If the crowds are rowdy it makes RAW that much more entertaining, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with England, tbh....Ryback is boring.
    He's growing stale. He can't really cut a good promo. All he really has is the "Feed Me More!" chants, but over time that's going to wear thin with the crowd.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's growing stale. He can't really cut a good promo. All he really has is the "Feed Me More!" chants, but over time that's going to wear thin with the crowd.
    Rushing him to the main event scene due to Cena's injury and Punk being a heel killed his streak. This crappy heel turn killed his momentum. He's not even a well enough tweener but this run may get him there if they do it right. But creative has been so they'll probably it up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very stale...boring...can't cut a promo at ALL. He's like Goldberg....but worse on the mic.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like most everyone else I got into pro wrestling as a kid, obviously at first you know nothing about storylines and politics, that comes later. Some even think it's real, just not for long.......I hope. While it's still there for me I'm not so sure it would be if not for the DVR. Being able to fast forward past all those commercials and crap matchs has saved it. No way I 'd be watching it today without that ability. I figure we get (son and I) maybe a half hour or so of watchable action. That 's not good.

The talent just isn't there right now. And the talent they do have isn't being used right. Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar and Triple H need to play a bigger role. Way too much...The Sheild...Mark Henry...Shamus.. instead. Yes I know it's all about $$$$$$$$$$ but I'm just a fan so I'm thinking of me/the fan when I say dump Smackdown. There simply isn't enought talent to go around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like most everyone else I got into pro wrestling as a kid, obviously at first you know nothing about storylines and politics, that comes later. Some even think it's real, just not for long.......I hope. While it's still there for me I'm not so sure it would be if not for the DVR. Being able to fast forward past all those commercials and crap matchs has saved it. No way I 'd be watching it today without that ability. I figure we get (son and I) maybe a half hour or so of watchable action. That 's not good.

The talent just isn't there right now. And the talent they do have isn't being used right. Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar and Triple H need to play a bigger role. Way too much...The Sheild...Mark Henry...Shamus.. instead. Yes I know it's all about $$$$$$$$$$ but I'm just a fan so I'm thinking of me/the fan when I say dump Smackdown. There simply isn't enought talent to go around.
    Agreed... the product, as of now is fkn ...has been for some time now tbh

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to.....

team up Jericho & The Miz
    team up Mark Henry & Bg E. Langston
    Roman Reigns breaks away from The Shield, he's being wasted there.
    Bring Orton back to the top
    Ryback and Lesnar in a feud
    Cena and Triple H in a feud

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wwe makes ty movies man, all of its movies so far has been about marines or some bull

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

can't stop laughing

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    I think Fandango is okay in the ring, but the guy sucks as a dancer. And Summer Rae is not much better. I preferred the first dancer (Andrea Lynn) because of her dancing (especially the booty shaking dances) and her tremendous facial expressions. Andrea Lynn was the only good thing about that gimmick.

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heard they just signed Shaun Ricker...the guy from The Hero...looked him up..saw a few matches. Has some good skills. But he's phenomenal on the mic..reminds me of The Rock while during the Nation of Domination. Here's one of his promos. Apparently he had Percy Pringle (Paul Bearer) as a manager.

Thread Information