Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-news-an...oudemire-trade

The rumor around town is that the Lakers are actively looking to trade Pau Gasol to the Knicks for Amare Stoudemire

HoopsVibe's Very Quick Call: This isn't much of a win for either team, but edge goes to Knicks.

This isn't the first time Pau Gasol has been at the center of trade rumors in Los Angeles. The Big Llama has known his time in LA is questionable at best for over a year now. First, it was Gasol leaving LA as part of the trade that was going to bring Chris Paul to the Lakers, but that got vetoed by David Stern. Next, it was the non-stop trade rumors throughout the off-season reportedly due to his soft play in the playoffs last season. This time it is a trade between the Laker big man and the New York Knicks' power forward Amare Stoudemire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's as funny as seeing Mike D on the front page of LG.net.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this is legit true, they're actively trying to reunite the ole Phoenix Sun faithful from the mid decade

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Jokes aside,this trade seems perfect for both teams.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau Gasol is one of the smartest big men in the league and the Lakers want to trade him? Amare has not proven anything in the league but that hes a system player who doesnt play defense. Gasol has way more fundamental skills than Amare ever dreams of having.

If this trade goes down, the Knicks win HUGE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokes aside,this trade seems perfect for both teams.
    I don't see how Amare and Howard can play together. Neither has a reliable mid range game and the Lakers don't have shooters to kick it out to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is hoopsvibe legit ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau Gasol is one of the smartest big men in the league and the Lakers want to trade him? Amare has not proven anything in the league but that hes a system player who doesnt play defense. Gasol has way more fundamental skills than Amare ever dreams of having.

If this trade goes down, the Knicks win HUGE
    He's proven he doesn't know the difference between glass and plastic.

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope it's true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great trade for NY. Mitch is too smart to do something that stupid. Of course, there's always the possibility that Buss, Jr. is calling the shots. He's dumb enough to do that trade.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I don't see how Amare and Howard can play together. Neither has a reliable mid range game and the Lakers don't have shooters to kick it out to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now, the Lakers are looking at _allas as the example. If _allas can bring together a bunch of ex Clippers from the mid 2000s and achieve the same mediocrity like the Clippers, why not have the Lakers do the same? Nash, Bell, Amare.....ka-ching s.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great trade for NY. Mitch is too smart to do something that stupid. Of course, there's always the possibility that Buss, Jr. is calling the shots. He's dumb enough to do that trade.
    We could see Amar''''''e + filler/picks for Pau. The Lakers have one draft pick in the next 3 years IIRC (2014 1st).

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This can't be serious, right? Amare looks close to done and even if he was healthy, Gasol is a much more complete player. The only way this deal makes sense is if it's Jim Buss deciding to go down with the ship with D'Antoni.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Curly must be getting giddy over the thought of his Suns and Lakers merging together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dwight + Amare + Kobe =

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This trade works for the Knicks and Amare, but it's terrible for the Lakers and Pau. Pau would be an awesome third big because he can play with Melo and Chandler. He'd obviously be a huge upgrade over the Golden Girls New York has backing them up right now. Amare would get to start again, and he'd be back with Nash and D'Antoni. The Lakers would get a worse player with a worse contract who may not be healthy enough to even play up to his old level. LA already has a legitimate PnR option; STAT's main draw is negated. Pau would hate coming off the bench in New York. Even playing soft, he's a top 5-7 big in the league. A healthy Amare is still not even top 10 anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lack of respect for Gasol in Lakerland is astounding. Without him, their most recent championship seasons would have been 1st round exits.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Det 4-game losing streak is really causing Clipper Nation to reeeeaaaaccchhhh.

ain't happening.com

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Det 4-game losing streak is really causing Clipper Nation to reeeeaaaaccchhhh.
    Seems Jimbo and Mitch are the ones who are reaching if they think The Big Uninsurable is the answer to their woes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade the player that instantly made your team a le contender for a player who consistently makes his team worse every time he returns from chronic injuries?

Do it, Mitch. PLEASE!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We should just keep Pau, there really isn't anybody out there we could realistically trade for who would be a step up. Only way to move Pau and not make the team worse would be getting a package deal for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called it when the D'Antoni signing happened. Good move for the Knicks and a lateral move for the Lakers.

Would still be a better trade than then Josh Smith BS that Lakersground is calling for

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lack of respect for Gasol in Lakerland is astounding. Without him, their most recent championship seasons would have been 1st round exits.
    I've said the same for years, just like their lack of respect for Shaq is amazing is as well. Everything is about Food Stamps Bryant to them. Too bad we didn't get to see more years of his prime as the number one option

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers should be going after someone like Scola....smart...rebounds...great passer...hits the 18' j...team first player. *edit: and he's gritty unlike Pau

It cracks me up that LA has Kobe Dwight Artest Pau and Nash....and its STILLnot enough. What other team has the luxury of that line up? In fact, the Thunder had to trade one of their big 3 because they couldn't afford him. But no, the poor lakers still need more help.
    Last edited by UZER; 11-27-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Thread Information