I found this work at home posting at http://www.82games.com/charting.htm. I don't have the time or expertise to do this, but I know that some of you guys would be great at it. The guy who runs the site is Roland Beech, his address is [email protected].

Here's the job description:

As part of our ongoing efforts to be the ultimate source for NBA statistics, we are looking to chart every game of the 2005-06 season at an unparalleled level of depth.

To achieve these ambitious goals though we will need to increase our game charting team. So if you're eager to spend some quality time getting to know the NBA at never-seen-before levels of detail, contact us.

Qualifications:
1. Be extremely familiar with the NBA
2. Have a passion for sports statistics
3. PC computer and be computer savvy
4. Have time available (~5-10 hrs per week)
5. Detail oriented, reliable, innovative thinker
** Bonus points for those with NBA league pass and Tivo/DVR

Duties:
• Track assigned NBA games for additional data points
• Give feedback on tracking software, charting process

This work can be done from wherever you live now, and there will be great flexibility in timing.

FAQ's
"How much work will this be?"
- one of the main short term goals is to get a handle on how much time it takes per game to chart at the levels we are seeking. It's likely to fall between 4-8 hours per game. While we have not resolved how we will structure the charting team, one possibility is using many charters who cover a portion of 1-2 games per week.
"How much will I be paid, what other benefits are there"
- this depends on the amount of funding we secure and the time it takes to do a game (or partial game). We hope to pay charters a decent hourly rate along with other perks:
1. working "in the NBA" and providing data used by an actual team or teams to make better decisions and win more games
2. exposure for your abilities and NBA ideas via the site, and we fully expect this project to attract attention from all the teams in the league, not to mention college schools as well...in other words charting can help establish your credibility as a "basketball person"
3. some access to 82games data for your own research and analysis
4. publishing opportunities for original articles and analysis on the site (again with some monetary compensation)
5. the satisfaction gained from being involved in this mega data collection and analysis endeavor
6. possible further perks provided by the partner team(s) (tickets, gear, etc)
In essence we hope that charting games will be a fun activity with some modest compensation attached as well as fringe benefits. It can be viewed as an "entry level position" with 82games that can lead to a more prominent role both on the site and with our team partners.
Interested? Drop us a line and tell us about your background, interest in the NBA, and why you want to be a game charter. Also include your name, phone number, and location, along with any preference in teams to cover.