Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jared sullinger's been redflagged by doctors and he was still a first rounder... at worst i think he goes 6th to boston, but most likely #3.
    Again, you're REALLY underestimating chronic stress fractures. Sullinger had a bulging disc. That's fixable. Bones that chronically fracture aren't. He's Mr. Glass. Sullinger also fell from a projected 5-7 slot to the #21 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, you're REALLY underestimating chronic stress fractures. Sullinger had a bulging disc. That's fixable. Bones that chronically fracture aren't. He's Mr. Glass. Sullinger also fell from a projected 5-7 slot to the #21 pick.
    you just decided that it's chronic tbh, also i wouldn't draft him btw, just saying i don't see him sliding him that much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the first two to me seem fairly normal and the third is a prerequisite for him to even come to the nba, so..
    You didn't answer the question. Which is more likely? A 20yr old gaining 15lbs or developing perimeter skills to become a reliable shooter and ball-handler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you just decided that it's chronic tbh, also i wouldn't draft him btw, just saying i don't see him sliding him that much.
    Three in 2 years. Back vertabra twice, which should have already terrified teams, and now the foot. I'm not deciding it's chronic, his body is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't answer the question. Which is more likely? A 20yr old gaining 15lbs or developing perimeter skills to become a reliable shooter and ball-handler.
    well of fat, sure..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three in 2 years. Back vertabra twice, which should have already terrified teams, and now the foot. I'm not deciding it's chronic, his body is.
    well unless he has osteoporosis or something like that, to connect back injuries and foot fractures, it's pure speculation..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well unless he has osteoporosis or something like that, to connect back injuries and foot fractures, it's pure speculation..
    Follow the bouncing ball. They were ALL stress fractures, no actual impact injuries. That's Mr. Glass weak bones .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Follow the bouncing ball. They were ALL stress fractures, no actual impact injuries. That's Mr. Glass weak bones .
    indeed, that's how speculation is defined

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's beginning to sound like Oden II tbqh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate to say it Raven but you lost to Estatic - No way is his body going to be able to handle banging with the bigs of the NBA.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Embiid should be considered a lost cause at this point if you're trying to draft for a center piece.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is why I say it might be possible he falls all the way out of the first round.
    Teams are going to be leery paying a guaranteed salary for another Oden IMHO.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone seen much of K.J. McDaniels?

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is late lottery. I can't imagine a team like the Suns or Bulls wouldn't take the risk.

A stress fracture revived the Spurs, although that's obviously not normal.
    Oden has never had foot problems.
    Glad you two are still here, it seems like the good posters are leaving by the truck loads these days.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone seen much of K.J. McDaniels?
    Raw and not consistent but has a boat load of athleticism which he uses to get his.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a roundup of who the Spurs are picking in all the latest mocks:

30. SPURS, Jarnell Stokes, Tennessee, PF, 6-8, 260
    He went from being a key part of the U.S. team that won the under-19 world le to helping to lead Tennessee to the Sweet Sixteen, an ideal platform for a power player on the rise. Stokes is slightly undersized but uses strength and a long wingspan to rebound at a high rate, especially on the offensive boards, and score inside.

Cleanthony Early
    San Antonio Spurs (62 - 20)
    COLLEGE: Wichita State
    HT: 6-7
    WT: 210
    POS: SF

Kawhi Leonard, it's safe to assume, has the starting small forward position locked down. But Early can give them minutes. He's big, athletic and can stretch the floor.

30 - San Antonio Spurs -- Walter Tavares, C, Cape Verde, 7-3, 265
    The Spurs love tapping the international market, and the 7'3", 265-pound Tavares is an intriguing prospect for a team with an aging front line. A true center with limited mobility, Tavares opened some eyes with his play at the Spanish Cup. He's an ideal draft-and-stash candidate, a strategy with which San Antonio is familiar.

Mitch McGary
    C (Michigan - Sop re)
    22 years old | 6'10" | 263 lbs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a roundup of who the Spurs are picking in all the latest mocks:

Blah on McGary. Here's hoping that is not true for a second.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Spurs should start trading a lot of their previous drafts in exchange for picks in this draft.

This 2014 draft seems to have a lot of players with a lot of size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please do not draft mcgary dude is injury prone

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Spurs should start trading a lot of their previous drafts in exchange for picks in this draft.

This 2014 draft seems to have a lot of players with a lot of size.
    I posted this also in the Draft Rundown thread.

I'd be happy if we went all big men in the draft:

Trade up for Clint Capela or stay put at 30 for Nikola Jokic or Walter Tavares

Take Khem Birch and Isaiah Austin in the 2nd round

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I posted this also in the Draft Rundown thread.

I'd be happy if we went all big men in the draft:

Trade up for Clint Capela or stay put at 30 for Nikola Jokic or Walter Tavares

Take Khem Birch and Isaiah Austin in the 2nd round
    Isiaah Austin is legally blind on one eye. Well if the Spurs could talk a chance with a guy without ACLs, then it is likely they'll draft this guy.

I don't see him getting drafted in most of the mock drafts, but it is highly likely that the Spurs pick him up with one of their 2 second round picks. Spurs just seem to like guys who have character.
    Last edited by ceperez; 06-20-2014 at 10:17 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the idea of the Spurs drafting Walter Tavares, but not as a draft-and-stash candidate, but rather, as someone who can come aboard immediately.

Even though Tavares is already 22, he only started playing basketball at the age of 17, so there's plenty of room to develop him. And what better place to develop players than in Pop's system in San Antonio?

Tavares is a mobile 7"3 big man with a mammoth wingspan and hands that are even bigger than Kawhi's. His defensive potential is sky high. I'd certainly rather see him taking spot big man minutes next season than Errors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a fan of stokes at all. The Spurs don't need another center, and that's what Jarrel is if he has limited mobility and can't shoot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched some footage of Tavares and I wouldn't want the spurs to draft him in the first, or maybe even the second. So many bad elements to his non existent game, and a body type that won't allow him to get much better. Dude moves and runs like a 35 year old Sam Bowie. And his lack of basketball experience isn't really a plus, more like a hard ceiling on any potential. He would get killed in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really have a hard time believing the spurs are going to take a non euro player with #30 unless Mills does not return and has expressed this to spurs fo. I see a player like Bogdanovic or Inglis as favorites with Jokic as my darkhorse pick.

Thread Information