Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX is updating multiple times per day. Inglis is climbing, up to 32 at last check. They FINALLY took McGary off as our pick, and now have us taking Bogdanovic. I still think it's Inglis unless someone tasty falls to us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX is updating multiple times per day. Inglis is climbing, up to 32 at last check. They FINALLY took McGary off as our pick, and now have us taking Bogdanovic. I still think it's Inglis unless someone tasty falls to us.
    Agree, though Bogdanovic is rumored to have a first round promise according to NBADraft.net, and they also have him going to the Spurs like DX.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree, though Bogdanovic is rumored to have a first round promise according to NBADraft.net, and they also have him going to the Spurs like DX.
    If he had a promise why would he workout for several teams? You get a promise if you agree to do something for the team giving it, most of the time it's not working out for any other team...

There's two players that got promises without a doubt, it's Jokic and Inglis...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    check out: Jordan Bachynski
    7'2" Ambidexrous center.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...eport-and-more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    check out: Jordan Bachynski
    7'2" Ambidexrous center.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...eport-and-more
    He's 24, though. At that age, he should be dominant against young college kids. It also limits his upside.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's 24, though. At that age, he should be dominant against young college kids. It also limits his upside.
    Not a lot of upside, but a serviceable big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @NBATV mock draft special had Spurs drafting Glenn Robinson III with 30th pick, hmm last time Spurs had a Glenn Robinson was '05 season...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were gunna take freaking Bogdanovic...who I don't like. Listed at 6'6 but he plays smaller. And he's really just an un-athletic white guy who shoots 3's. He won't come over right away either. Boring pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a big fan of Bogdanovic either. Plays beneath the rim like nando and turns the ball over so much it's scary.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he had a promise why would he workout for several teams? You get a promise if you agree to do something for the team giving it, most of the time it's not working out for any other team...

There's two players that got promises without a doubt, it's Jokic and Inglis...
    Don't forget he plays with Bertrans so Spurs have seen him play a lot and know exactly what type of player he is. Not thrilled with this if true would much rather have Jokic..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ditto for me. Would rather take a flier on Inglis or somebody than a vanilla selection like Bogdanovic. Decision making is poor. Scent shooter, decent defender, which is good, but he leaves me cold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing with guessing whom the Spurs will draft is that no one ever gets it right. I haven't seen a Mock Draft or anyone in SpursTalk successfully predict a draft pick in years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ditto for me. Would rather take a flier on Inglis or somebody than a vanilla selection like Bogdanovic. Decision making is poor. Scent shooter, decent defender, which is good, but he leaves me cold.
    Can't really disagree at this point, seems too much like Beli 2.0... Rather see them pick Jordan Adams if they want to draft an SG...

Capela - Adams - Anderson - Jokic or bust for me tbh

Saric would be like winning the lottery but hey it's not happening...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing with guessing whom the Spurs will draft is that no one ever gets it right. I haven't seen a Mock Draft or anyone in SpursTalk successfully predict a draft pick in years.
    #TheDinwiddieArrival

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sparked my curiosity. So i peeped the Jean-Charles thread for funzies. You're right, nobody predicted it, but people were sniffing around it. Ace posted an Alex Kennedy tweet. Kennedy seemed to have a clue. Interestingly enough, Kennedy has a mock out this year. He has the spurs picking Cleanthony Early. Here's a link:

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/20...ensus-ver-7-0/

i gotta say though, it's dated from the 18th and has Embiid as the 1 overall. yikes!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, I got James Anderson!

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't really disagree at this point, seems too much like Beli 2.0... Rather see them pick Jordan Adams if they want to draft an SG...

Capela - Adams - Anderson - Jokic or bust for me tbh

Saric would be like winning the lottery but hey it's not happening...
    He has a better first-step and is a better slasher than Marco. Marco likes pull-up jumpers, spot-up shooting, and isn't much of a creator. The Spurs did put him in those situations last year and it seemed to be mixed results. This guy can create. Generally he's a 15-4-4 guy. For a 21 year old that's impressive. He put up similar numbers in Euroleague. I'm not going to get into the Serbian League where he went off in the end but there's a lot of potential. Even if he just played Green's role he could excel. But the thing is he has the potential to be another ball handler and facilitator. This guy can create. He's not going to get the rim like Manu in the sense of throwing it down, but he can get there in less demonstrative way.

I don't want to sound like I have a crush on this guy cause I would deep down like a DeAndre Daniels or a Glenn Robinson but this guy just screams Spur imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My issue with Inglis is that he might be the shortest 6-8 I've ever seen. Looks like without that giant neck and head he'd stand shoulder to shoulder with Roger Mason Jr. Maybe it's an optical illusion, but that guy looks small.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A point I've made before that was correct until Livio last year: The Spurs draft board has looked like a best available option from the Wages of Wins guys. (Splitter, Hill, Anderson, Blair, Kawhi, Denmon were all at/near the top of their best available. Livio wasn't, but still useful to keep in mind)

http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/article...-deepest-draft

Other models:
    Hoopsnerd, http://hoopsnerd.com/?p=600 and
    Peltons WARP (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...ction-rankings)

Generally have similar players, with some differences( e.g Jokic liked by Pelton)

The semi realistic/realistic options (Have been seen at/around 21 or later and therefore in some possibility of dropping) who come across well are

Bigs

Capela
    Tavares
    Stokes
    Birch
    McGary

Wings
    Adams
    Anderson
    DinWiddie

Napier

Anderson has been a long time favourite here that seems unlikely to drop that far. I'm all in for Capela and like him like I liked Steven Adams last year: a mix of decent stats and admitted ethnic/national homerism. Ennis is a PG fit if Mills is going,

I think Ennis, Anderson and Capela are unlikely to be available to the Spurs as they get taken earlier. I'd take any of them, though they seems unlikely. All fit the big wingspan for position that the Spurs have gone for.

Jordan Adams also fits both(6'10") wingspan. Projects like a very good Waiters(More efficient and therefore more valuable) , and I'm not sure watching that he's the creator the Spurs would be asking from SG's. Steal rate as ridiculous as his is also historically a really good sign. Dinwiddie is a weaker prospect, though a better fit for the System with superior 3p% and passing, though part of that is age (year older). SG isn't a need now, but Manu will be gone soon and future planning doesn't need a SF/PF(Kawhi, Livio, Bertans) as much as a future SG (Green, ...).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My issue with Inglis is that he might be the shortest 6-8 I've ever seen. Looks like without that giant neck and head he'd stand shoulder to shoulder with Roger Mason Jr. Maybe it's an optical illusion, but that guy looks small.
    Height is overrated IMO. Wingspan is far more important and if he really is 7'3" in that area he has potential to be an elite defender.

Compare Bonner and Davis. Matty is only an inch shorter than Davis without shoes, but Davis has a 9" longer wingspan. Griffin can jump out of the gym but barely averages half a block/game, the NBA is so much more about wingspan than height.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Height is overrated IMO. Wingspan is far more important and if he really is 7'3" in that area he has potential to be an elite defender.
    Wingspan is the same as Leonard's so his standing reach is a little higher.

I have more doubts about his age than his size tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That deal, as constructed, is not possible under the CBA. The Cavs need to add a couple million to the deal. That can be done by including Alonzo Gee. I'd do such a deal if I were the Cavs. The only downside is that it cuts into cap space, but I think they could create enough room if James is really keen on going there. Otherwise, they can re-sign/S&T Deng and Hawes and make a playoff push. This would be much better than that Thornton trade idea.
    i wouldn't, i consider favors as a half bust and wiggins is too good a fit to trade for a player you'd have to overpay in a year. With wiggins they'd be pretty set the way they are. Now if they intend to draft parker, well.. perhaps

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

^ that's why I'm not that optimistic for tonight... So many teams trying to do the same thing, trading up is gonna be very hard...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally not very high on Inglis.

Prefer any of these players at 30: Cleanthony Early, Glenn Robinson III, Bogdan Bogdanovic, K.J McDaniels

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

^ that's why I'm not that optimistic for tonight... So many teams trying to do the same thing, trading up is gonna be very hard...
    Im still hoping we can grab a pick for Joseph. If we pay Mills (which I expect we will) then we won't re-sign Joseph after next year, and after a couple good playoff runs where he has shown flashes I think we could maybe grab a late first/early second or him. I wouldn't want to package the #30 with him just to move up a couple spots though, it'd have to be for an extra pick.

Obviously it's a risk if Mills gets a big offer which we don't want to match, but it could be a risk worth taking. Bucks and Sixers both have two early seconds, I think one of those could be had.

Thread Information