Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, another one of these; deal with it.

- Not starting (and barely playing) Gay, when they have no perimeter shot creation and his other top healthy perimeter shot creators are already coming off the bench . . . which means he becomes a bystander when paired with them
    - Not playing Ginobili beyond his initial 7 minute stint
    - Not going with the steady hand of Parker down the stretch or making many play calls, instead watching his pathetic, jittery perimeter trio fritter the game away
    - Inexplicably having Mills defend Thompson even after Curry left, when he could have easily been hid on non en y Cook
    - Inexplicably playing Mills the most of any guard again, when he repeatedly proves unplayable vs this team
    - Not having Bertans, a tall, quick release shooter in on the last play, instead opting for pint sized Forbes (I know he got a good look, but that doesn't change the rationale)
    - Not having Green, his only healthy 3 and D wing, in until the damage had been done or playing him enough in general
    - Not doubling Durant in the 4th when it was clear he was going to singlehandedly take the game and they had 2 no brainer candidates to help off of, in Livingston and Green

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi deserved back to back mvp. I camt believe that Has been poop face takes all credit. He has the same team last year minus kawhi and ks poised to finish 15 games less than last year.

The arsene wenger of football

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- Not starting (and barely playing) Gay, when they have no perimeter shot creation and his other top healthy perimeter shot creators are already coming off the bench . . . which means he becomes a bystander when paired with them
    - Not going with the steady hand of Parker down the stretch, instead watching his pathetic, jittery perimeter trio fritter the game away
    - Inexplicably having Mills defend Thompson even after Curry left, when he could have easily been hid on non en y Cook
    - Inexplicably playing Mills the most of any guard again, when he repeatedly proves unplayable vs this team
    - Not having Bertans, a tall, quick release shooter in on the last play, instead opting for pint sized Forbes (I know he got a good look, but that doesn't change the rationale)
    - Not having Green, his only healthy 3 and D wing, in until the damage had been done
    - Not doubling Durant, when they had 2 no brainer candidates to help off of, in Livingston and Green
    The coaching down the stretch since the AS break has been the worst I've seen from any team playing in the NBA.

Atrocious on many levels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The coaching down the stretch since the AS break has been the worst I've seen from any team playing in the NBA.

Atrocious on many levels.
    Lol. Its almost like they're tanking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the GOAT, but ya, if this was any other coach in the NBA(other than maybe Stevens or Carlisle), they would be getting killed for these past few weeks of poor coaching and illogical rotations..I can't even imagine the backlash if it was Thibodeau or D'Antoni or Lue or Rivers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans, Mills and Forbes (66) more minutes than Gay, Green, Parker and Manu combined (62).

Literally playing with trash out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't show your best cards during the regular season, tbh.... CIA Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is the true Tank Commander.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been apparent since at least the '15 Clippers series. It is really not a forum joke/shtick or anything.

I think he is completely out of it when it comes to the micro levels of coaching. The feel for the game and attention to details do get compromised with advancing age. Guy is pushing 70 and has admitted to not being totally into basketball.

Unfortunately he's going Riley/Phil Jax way of not knowing when to get out of the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the GOAT, but ya, if this was any other coach in the NBA(other than maybe Stevens or Carlisle), they would be getting killed for these past few weeks of poor coaching and illogical rotations..I can't even imagine the backlash if it was Thibodeau or D'Antoni or Lue or Rivers
    Thibbs should be getting backlash, dude has a stud at center that doesn't get any shots.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't show your best cards during the regular season, tbh.... CIA Pop
    Nono I see the blue font, but I can't shake the feeling that Pop has a master plan to take out the Dubs in 5he playoffs but he hasn't been able to use it because of injuries or lack of opportunities. Maybe this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's been making questionable decisions since the 2015 playoffs. If the Spurs miss the playoffs he might actually retire. He is too old for a rebuild and he has 5 rings with nothing else to prove. Plus you can't go far with this roster the way the league is going now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The time you decide to tank is the time you have to lose games, no matter what...and looks like that's been the f.o. choice since Kiwhi hs been considered probably out for the season.
    If that's true, Pop's work has been remarkable...considering that prior to the news about Kiwhi (when Pop said he was probably out for the season) we were still just some games away from the top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We aren't tanking... U guys are giving pop way too much credit... He has been questionable for some time now... There is no way we should have lost to OKC in Duncan's final season... Our issue was rebounding in that series, and he continued to play horrible rebounder heavy minutes... OKC was literally grabbing every miss...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- Not going with the steady hand of Parker down the stretch or making many play calls, instead watching his pathetic, jittery perimeter trio fritter the game away
    - Not having Green, his only healthy 3 and D wing, in until the damage had been done or playing him enough in general
    - Not doubling Durant in the 4th when it was clear he was going to singlehandedly take the game and they had 2 no brainer candidates to help off of, in Livingston and Green

Manu did have 3 bad turnovers in seven minutes but point taken.

Thought Parker was definitely solid last night; Parker-Green-Anderson-Bertans-LMA should've been the closing rotation. High screen pick and pop/roll with LMA with Green, and Bertans spacing would've been a better attack than the final five minute offense the Spurs had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay was literally the ONLY player that can and was creating his own shot. And is no where seen in crunch time. One of the last possessions when everyone passed up an open look and looked scared to shoot it, Rudy Gay is shooting that shot. A lineup with Mills, Murray and KA on the wing in crunch time against this Warriors D did exactly expected. Tony, Rudy or Manu would have been options rather than Patty Mills. It’s jaw dropping it’s blatnatly noticeable that Patty Mills is a problem out there he can’t defend anyone he’s undersized and on the offensive end he’s not hitting his shots literally the only reason he is on the court. Also takes rushed early in the shot clock off balanced shots that almost never go in. Can’t run the offense half the time he struggles to even make an entry pass into the post and shrivels up like a cold scrotum anytime when pressured.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom line, Patty is the new Bonner. Inexplicably playing major minutes because Pop says so.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, anther ne f these; deal with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker and Gay in the game would have changed the outcome, so perhaps he is losing his mind.

But.... this is the guy who chose to sit Duncan at the end of game 6 in 2013. I guess the senility had already taken hold 5 years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought GSW would just explode us by 40 pts... and here we are almost there with a team without his mvp

quite encouraging if you ask me but yeah let's create another thread about Pop being finished.. smh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only 17 more...

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Doc would get every excuse in the book made for him per par. His "coaching" has been as atrocious as ever all year, and his nepotism with Austin is only getting more brazen, but Media is hyping him up as a Coach of the Year contender

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought GSW would just explode us by 40 pts... and here we are almost there with a team without his mvp

quite encouraging if you ask me but yeah let's create another thread about Pop being finished.. smh
    They didn't have theirs either

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have four All Stars and lose one two minutes into the game....still not a fair fight, proud of my boys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I am not a fan of Pop's, and I agree that his game adjustments have been very questionable for some years now. But looking at your lengthy (and accurate) list causes me to lean toward the "tank scenario," along with @. This looks more and more like a tank job. I didn't think Pop had it in him.

Thread Information