My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...ppers-game-41/

That sucked. Well, other than Luka, I guess.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    first!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wasn't able to watch this game so thanks for suffering the rubbing alcohols being poured into your eyes timvp

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet Luka will go right back to the doghouse once a few guys out tonight return. Senile old fool

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the writeup. I'm wondering if DDR has made up his mind he's leaving and has decided to sleepwalk through this last run. Ugh!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the writeup. I'm wondering if DDR has made up his mind he's leaving and has decided to sleepwalk through this last run. Ugh!
    that wouldn't be good for him financially in his next move

if he's ready to leave then he should be showboating like a mutha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. I certainly hope Pop was reading your writeup, and adjust for tomorrow's game especially on the spacing. I'm really hoping Luka would start at the PF to resolve the spacing, and move Keldon to SF or 6th man Manu role. I hope Keldon can learn to stay in front of his guy. This team can switch at all position, especially with Luka in the starting position. This will also hide Demar defensively.

Other than that, let's just hope Clippers start missing shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not gonna lie I maybe ready to buy stock on Luka lol he’s gonna have some growing pains but better to develop him than trot out Rudy gay every game.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good write up. My thoughts exactly. This game shows why Popovich started Aldridge and Forbes last year. Offense and floor spacing. The spurs get limited offense from Poertl, creating 4 on 5. Neither Keldon, White or Dejounte have a jump shot the defenses will respect. It's the sad truth. This team is mediocre midrange.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that wouldn't be good for him financially in his next move

if he's ready to leave then he should be showboating like a mutha
    Yeah you're right. I was thinking more like, he knows he's here for the rest season and just is losing some fire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi Leonard : A++++++

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi Leonard : A++++++
    nah for kawhi that's a b+ game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang Murray I'm sure he referring to us block of anti-Derozanites with those comments

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this isn't evidence that Murray reads SpursTalk then I don't know what would be. He might even be a poster here. Which of you is it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They name search on Twitter. Dejounte especially after games will go through and search mentions of his name and you can see it in his “like” activity- don’t ask me how I know this.

every board thinks players go there. It’s Twitter. It’s always Twitter. I’m sure Derrick talked about some of what was going on the other night.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They name search on Twitter. Dejounte especially after games will go through and search mentions of his name and you can see it in his “like” activity- don’t ask me how I know this.

every board thinks players go there. It’s Twitter. It’s always Twitter. I’m sure Derrick talked about some of what was going on the other night.
    Fair enough. I don't read anything basketball-related on Twitter so I don't know how it is on there, but it evidently is not good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are quickly fading fast. They don't have a surefire future all-star on the roster and probably won't even have a top 10 pick anytime soon. They're about to lose assets for literally nothing over the course of the next several months. Arguably the worst position you can be in as an organization in the NBA.

You would think that you'd want to see what you have in a guy like Luka (especially after the promise he's show in the last several games he's gotten actual meaningful PT)....but nah....the old man is going to continue to glue him at the end of the bench behind washed vets like Rudy and never has beens like Lyles. Maybe at some point next season, Samanic will see a semblance of rotation minutes.It's the same bull we saw with Lonnie/Forbes/Beli.

The refusal of this front office to commit to a plan has set them back several years. It's also become crystal clear that they've been held hostage by a man that has continued to put his ego before the future of the franchise. They really won't make any real progress until the head of the snake finally retires tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL at pop putting lyles in so quickly to scold luka (who is having a solid game) and then letting lyles quickly go on to lay a massive turd on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and as long as the spurs continue to be so inconsistent with their outside shooting, teams are going to pack the paint and dare them to hit the outside shots. as pointed out, the hesitancy of spurs players to even shoot when they are open is part of the problem itself. if this trend doesn't change, this team is going to be in the lottery again.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL at pop putting lyles in so quickly to scold luka (who is having a solid game) and then letting lyles quickly go on to lay a massive turd on the floor.
    Yeah, that was ridiculous. Luka didn't close out on Nephew as well as Pop wanted and he lost it and threw in Lyles immediately. I was like, "what?"

They should have been playing Luka since the light turned on for him after the Gubble--they could have seen what they have with him which could have definitely influenced any decision on trading Rudy. Sigh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and as long as the spurs continue to be so inconsistent with their outside shooting, teams are going to pack the paint and dare them to hit the outside shots. as pointed out, the hesitancy of spurs players to even shoot when they are open is part of the problem itself. if this trend doesn't change, this team is going to be in the lottery again.
    I was really worried seeing last night that even Luka was hesitating and unwilling to shoot 3's instead of driving right into the defense - some of his points, like the one scored on Kawhi, were nice to see, but born out of a 3pt pump fake drive that should've never gotten farther than "3pt". Especially so given his size and shooting point make his shot really hard to block - he should be one of the most eager shooters when he's out there, next to Vassell, Lonnie and (sadly) Mills, but last night was far from that, even when the rest of his outing was extremely solid as has become usual with him.

I truly wonder what goes on through our players' minds when they see the other team sinking 3pt shot after 3pt shot, only for them to go to the other side and trade very hard 2's with them. Such an obvious losing effort, and it seems like most of our players either don't notice the other team's obvious strategy of just packing the paint and daring them to shoot (Keldon last night was egregious in this - he's becoming close to being "figured out" and no doubt his shooting shyness is included in every scouting report), or worse, notice but don't care/can't do something about it.

There's still hope for the team... But madness is exactly what they've been attempting. Change is needed. We'll see what happens tonight (and after the deadline, at that).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are quickly fading fast. They don't have a surefire future all-star on the roster and probably won't even have a top 10 pick anytime soon. They're about to lose assets for literally nothing over the course of the next several months. Arguably the worst position you can be in as an organization in the NBA.

You would think that you'd want to see what you have in a guy like Luka (especially after the promise he's show in the last several games he's gotten actual meaningful PT)....but nah....the old man is going to continue to glue him at the end of the bench behind washed vets like Rudy and never has beens like Lyles. Maybe at some point next season, Samanic will see a semblance of rotation minutes.It's the same bull we saw with Lonnie/Forbes/Beli.

The refusal of this front office to commit to a plan has set them back several years. It's also become crystal clear that they've been held hostage by a man that has continued to put his ego before the future of the franchise. They really won't make any real progress until the head of the snake finally retires tbh.
    tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great to see Luka's effort on defense. He's all in on that end of the court and that will get him playing time.
    Honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised. If he can continue to grow, we will have developed yet another solid prospect.

Sadly, this recent regression of the team is looking too much like last season pre-bubble. Hope they figure it out, by 3 pm est.

Thread Information