Page 221 of 745 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321721 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,525 of 18607
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sides have contact, but Celtics remain far away from landing Kawhi Leonard

It’s not believed the Celts are willing to move either Jayson Tatum or Jaylen Brown, and whether they’d put the 2019 Sacramento first round pick (protected only if it’s No. 1 overall) on the table likely is dependent on the sides getting serious ...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2018/06/sides_have_contact_but_celtics_remain_far_away_fro m_landing_kawhi_leonard
    Great Ainge logic:. No Tatum, no Brown, no Kings pick, now give us Kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's it? Weak son. I expected better.
    No need to do anything other than state facts. The truth has set me free, chief.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great Ainge logic:. No Tatum, no Brown, no Kings pick, now give us Kawhi
    I don't get what he thinks they're gong to do with a big glut of players. There's thing to be a lot of unhappiness before long. But Ainge is a tight-ass who believes his hype. Doesn't help to have the Boston media taking turns sticking their tongue up his ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the 80 mill that people are throwing around, it that the difference between an extension and FA contract? or the difference between supermax and regular max extension?
    Iirc the difference between the super max and what he can sign as a FA in 2019 somewhere else is about 80 mil

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by NASpurs; 06-27-2018 at 08:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sides have contact, but Celtics remain far away from landing Kawhi Leonard

[FONT="]Steve Bulpett [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]Wednesday, June 27, 2018

If the San Antonio Spurs get serious about trading Kawhi Leonard, the Celtics, according to multiple league sources, would like to be involved. But there has been nothing yet to indicate they have a realistic chance.

A Western Conference source with an interest in the proceedings told the Herald the Spurs did have a brief discussion with the Celts today, but there was no real negotiation. It was the first contact between the teams since before the draft, but even those talks did not include the C’s making an offer. That brief call, according to two league sources, went nowhere.

San Antonio has been checking the marketplace to see what kind of return it could get on Leonard, but it’s hard to see things working out with the Celtics under the current cir stances of the All-Star forward’s health and future plans.

As noted in a recent Herald story, the Celts would need assurances that Leonard’s quadriceps injury is healed and that he would be willing to stay with the team beyond next year. Leonard can opt out of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent after the 2018-19 season. He played in just nine games this season because of the quad problem, and questions about whether he could and should have played more strained his relationship with the Spurs.

Therefore, logic says anything the Celtics would be willing to give up at this stage would have to be reflective of those issues. That likely wouldn’t be enough for the Spurs.
    It’s not believed the Celts are willing to move either Jayson Tatum or Jaylen Brown, and whether they’d put the 2019 Sacramento first round pick (protected only if it’s No. 1 overall) on the table likely is dependent on the sides getting serious enough to allow the C’s permission to speak with Leonard, gauge his interest in Boston and check his medical information.

But everything we’ve heard at this stage is the process is miles away from any of that. And the best information circulating through league front offices is that Leonard is still intent on getting to the Lakers, either by trade now or as a free agent next summer.
    The situation is beginning to resemble the Paul George affair from last summer. The Celtics felt they could have beaten the deal offered by Oklahoma City (even though the transaction worked out better for the Pacers, and ultimately for the C’s too).

This time with Leonard and the Spurs, they would like to have a chance to be in the discussions at the end, though it doesn’t appear (again, yet) as if there is much of an avenue for an agreement.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2018/06/sides_have_contact_but_celtics_remain_far_away_fro m_landing_kawhi_leonard
    Yeah, off Boston.

Typical Ainge, trying to get gold for bronze.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Begging

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by NASpurs; 06-27-2018 at 08:20 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs about to bend the Lakers over a barrel

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are that hot chick that won't give the Lakers the time of day. They may listen out of courtesy but they're not interested. You better bring your A game to get them to talk otherwise, off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The begging, what an embarrassment of a franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Certain parts of [Lonzo Ball's] game cannot be taught. He has lower body issues on his shot. If he can square up better and use his legs on his shot, he will have much better form. He wasn't used correctly in the Lakers as they used him as a shot creator, but he has an undeniable talent as an off guard. He isn't a iso player. He is a reactive player. Great cutter, moves without the ball. He has great size too.
    I'm not sure where to begin.

Certain parts of his game cannot be taught.
    Agreed (take a look at his jump shot).

He wasn't used correctly in the Lakers as they used him as a shot creator, but he has an undeniable talent as an off guard.
    ? He's not a shot creator? -- the only thing this guy can do is pass. His talent is not as an off guard (he shot 36% from the field).

Great cutter, moves without the ball. He has great size too.
    He does move well without the ball, but, again, he's a point guard. If he has to make it as a two (with that shot) his career will not be lengthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have a feeling this is going to continue to draw out for a while. Don’t see a conclusion by Friday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the laugh! It really is a stupid move to try and force PATFO into something they don't seem interested in. My answer would be 'see ya in September in one court or another...your call."
    Funny,, but sad this is what its come to with our franchise player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic is feeling pressure to make something happen but what could he possibly give us that's worth Kawai

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have a feeling this is going to continue to draw out for a while. Don’t see a conclusion by Friday.
    The only conclusion I want is Kawhi here for the long haul. None of these mediocre trades that won’t better the Spurs. I seriously can’t believe Spurs fans want these trades or are even considering them. This isn’t the NFL where you can rebuild a champiomship team in 3 years for s sake. going through all that l. Why? Because of pride? Gmafb. Suck it up, offer that contract and get it signed and move on, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonzo shot mechanics are possibly the worst of any player in the NBA and he seems to refuse to shoot it any other way. His mechanics look like a five year old who has to launch the ball from the side to try to get it to the basket. And then there’s his father.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does sort of feel like the Spurs have given up on keeping him long term though. No evidence of that of course. July 1 will be telling. See if they offer Super-max or not....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope the spurs drag this on till the trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does sort of feel like the Spurs have given up on keeping him long term though. No evidence of that of course. July 1 will be telling. See if they offer Super-max or not....
    Spurs haven't said a damn thing since the draft though.

Dumbass Magic opened his mouth yesterday and put a timeline on himself for whatever reason. Then this morning, ESPN says they are under pressure to make a move and are at the point of begging.

Pop is probably drinking a glass of wine, no clue yet about the 76 missed calls from Magic on his phone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea i wouldn't assume the Spurs have given up, it's always best to keep your options open in this situation. If a team wants to pitch a trade go ahead and listen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do we think Pop is asking the Lakers for in return?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dumbass Magic opened his mouth yesterday and put a timeline on himself for whatever reason. Then this morning, ESPN says they are under pressure to make a move and are at the point of begging.

Pop is probably drinking a glass of wine, no clue yet about the 76 missed calls from Magic on his phone

Yea i wouldn't assume the Spurs have given up, it's always best to keep your options open in this situation. If a team wants to pitch a trade go ahead and listen.
    Good point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I like how RC with a big smirk mentioned in one of the post draft interviews that he "doesn't do buisness through the media"

Thread Information