Page 61 of 745 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161561 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Boston called earlier in the season, they offered Tatum & Brown!
    Now, Tatum is off the table!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    disagree

Anything less than Tatum AND Brown AND the Kings 1st is just being marks and getting destroyed in the trade and gifting Boston the le.

I don't think a Boston deal is even worth pursuing.

Spurs number one priority should be to not be suckers. They'll lose every trade but don't have to be suckers. Don't give contenders free rings like Rodman to the Bulls. Don't give big markets free contention.

And if that means benching Kawhi for a year then so be it.
    Agree

Rozier Brown and pick is not a good offer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take anything involving Tatum at this point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take anything involving Tatum at this point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offering Tatum is a huge risk for them given where Kawhi really wants to go, but at the same time Ainge really cant expect to get Kawhi with Brown being the centerpiece. Brown's a good player & all, I just dont think he can get much better than he is right now. This whole situation blows beyond belief.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either Doncic or Tatum and fillers, I don't care about anything less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDDDDDDOOOOOOOONNNNNNCCCCIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jalen points out that he said Kawhi wanted out in January. That was before the team meetings, Tony and Pop's remarks, etc. Yeah, none of that stuff helped, but the KL train was pulling away already. This is just a media war to generate an excuse. Stephen A Smith who also said Kawhi wanted out about the same time, has gone on record lambasting Kawhi for pretending this anything else than going to California.

Which is why the relationship does not have to be repaired. And why its so hard for Pop to get a meeting. It's not really about the relationship, that's smoke and mirrors, its about Kawhi and his group's desire to get him to CA or at least a bigger market, which in their eyes is desirable.

If they admitted that I'd be more agreeable. Instead they're tarnishing the Spurs rep.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Boston called earlier in the season, they offered Tatum & Brown!
    Now, Tatum is off the table!
    Has that been confirmed that they offered both?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    disagree

Anything less than Tatum AND Brown AND the Kings 1st is just being marks and getting destroyed in the trade and gifting Boston the le.

Spurs number one priority should be to not be suckers. They'll lose every trade but don't have to be suckers. Don't give contenders free rings like Rodman to the Bulls. Don't give big markets free contention.

this

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So does Kawhi keep milking the quad injury if the season rolls around he’s not traded and ultimately doesn’t play?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An awfully lot of Spurs fans are idiots. They buy into this bull of the Spurs mishandling him and his injury or alienation that’s Pop’s fault. Plain and simple he wants to leave the Spurs and go back to LA or a compe ive team. I could accept that if he he would just own it but instead he and his handlers are trying to protect his reputation by throwing Pop, the team’s medical staff and the Spurs under the bus and a bunch of dumb people are buying it. This thing has been orchestrated by his handlers for a long, long time:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    disagree

also, kawhi for tatum doesn't necessarily mean that boston beats GSW

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An awfully lot of Spurs fans are idiots. They buy into this bull of the Spurs mishandling him and his injury or alienation that’s Pop’s fault. Plain and simple he wants to leave the Spurs and go back to LA or a compe ive team. I could accept that if he he would just own it but instead he and his handlers are trying to protect his reputation by throwing Pop, the team’s medical staff and the Spurs under the bus and a bunch of dumb people are buying it. This thing has been orchestrated by his handlers for a long, long time:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think only the Spur fans that are Kawhi lovers believe that narrative. The rest of us don't. But all the national writers, bloggers, tv trolls believe that same and just regurgitate a bunch of unverified info and write new stories ad nauseam. None of them have reviewed the medical reports, interviewed the various attending medical doctors, have had interviews with Pop, RC, or even Kawhi yet all write articles like they just uncovered some new verifiable truth. Then you have absolute idiots like Sjax saying Pop orchestrated the players only meeting, yet offers no proof and the media continues to run with it like it is a verifiable fact.

Kawhi and his group have done a great job developing this narrative. Most recent is the flood of stories about Kawhi wanting out of San Antonio, YET Kawhi has yet to formally notify the Spurs he wants out. Be a gutless coward and use social media to spread your message.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jalen points out that he said Kawhi wanted out in January. That was before the team meetings, Tony and Pop's remarks, etc. Yeah, none of that stuff helped, but the KL train was pulling away already. This is just a media war to generate an excuse. Stephen A Smith who also said Kawhi wanted out about the same time, has gone on record lambasting Kawhi for pretending this anything else than going to California.

Which is why the relationship does not have to be repaired. And why its so hard for Pop to get a meeting. It's not really about the relationship, that's smoke and mirrors, its about Kawhi and his group's desire to get him to CA or at least a bigger market, which in their eyes is desirable.

If they admitted that I'd be more agreeable. Instead they're tarnishing the Spurs rep.
    Bingo.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But no, it's the Spurs doctors fault even though that got has been using his own doctors since last August.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But no, it's the Spurs doctors fault even though that got has been using his own doctors since last August.
    I'm with you Bum, you insist on Tatum if it's Boston ...
    Doncic/Fox ...if Sacto

I think you can avoid being raped ...if Spurs get the best prospect on a team AND a high level draft choice.
    Tatum/Sacto pick and filelrs for cap reasons is a great trade for the Spurs when you consider their star player is hurt and wants out.
    I think at least that is 75 cents on teh dollar with the potential for Spurs to win the trade if KL stays nicked up and Tatum realizes his potential.
    Plus with that sacto pick I think its only #1 protected or something crazy like that ...

Spur fan being awfully unrealistic ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    also, kawhi for tatum doesn't necessarily mean that boston beats GSW
    OF course it doesnt.
    Kyrie has serious knee concerns.
    KL has a quad issues.
    Smart needs a new deal ...

and Spurs need to take back extra to make salaries match so no boston is not garunteed anything.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you Bum, you insist on Tatum if it's Boston ...
    Doncic/Fox ...if Sacto

I think you can avoid being raped ...if Spurs get the best prospect on a team AND a high level draft choice.
    Tatum/Sacto pick and filelrs for cap reasons is a great trade for the Spurs when you consider their star player is hurt and wants out.
    I think at least that is 75 cents on teh dollar with the potential for Spurs to win the trade if KL stays nicked up and Tatum realizes his potential.
    Plus with that sacto pick I think its only #1 protected or something crazy like that ...

Spur fan being awfully unrealistic ...
    Leonard is not hurt. He was just holding out, pulling an Eric Gordon. I'm not going to believe Uncle Dennis over actual doctors who said he was fine. The only way the Spurs win the trade is if they get a draft pick who wins MVP, because Leonard is the second best player in the league. Tatum + the Sacramento 2019 pick + matching salaries wouldn't be anywhere close to 75 cents on the dollar, and that is the best case scenario.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And again I like Brown ...and thought Boston had the leverage but Lakers/clips/Sixers/Sacto all being interested swings SOME of that back to Spurs.
    IF he was 100% healthy I think Ainge probably doesn't hesitate ...but since that is unknown they will try and hold fast, but Spurs shouldnt blink.
    No promises that the doncic pick, 2019 pick or memphis pick will bring back anything good as good as KL.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So does Kawhi keep milking the quad injury if the season rolls around he’s not traded and ultimately doesn’t play?
    If he doesn’t want to get another contract in the NBA he will. Two years on the pine for a fake injury and then all the sudden he gets a clean bill of health and plays 70+ games for the Lakers? You’d have a lawsuit or collusion case on your hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It would be great if after all this bull is over and the pussy Leonard and his group have moved on to another team Pop would blow him out of the water with what’s really happened. Unfortunately Pop has too much class and that’s unlikely to happen. This classless asshole is trying to put Pop’s well earned legacy in the toilet.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Leonard is not hurt. He was just holding out, pulling an Eric Gordon. I'm not going to believe Uncle Dennis over actual doctors who said he was fine. The only way the Spurs win the trade is if they get a draft pick who wins MVP, because Leonard is the second best player in the league. Tatum + the Sacramento 2019 pick + matching salaries wouldn't be anywhere close to 75 cents on the dollar, and that is the best case scenario.
    Look I ilke KL want him on the Lakers badly who wouldnt?!
    But he never was truly the 2nd best player, 3rd at best and I value defense more than most ...
    You can say he wasnt hurt and he looked pretty good when he played but based on last season alone even 3rd best is a stretch ...IF he is more like last year I would say more 5-10 range.
    Remember he has only one year left on his deal and missed over 10 games due to injury ...and wants out.
    you act as if he is coming off his MVP year ...
    And I get we are projecting on Tatum but I truly believe he will be the best player of last year's draft ... and I think could be the best player of the past few along with simmons. I think I would take him over Towns, too ..and Doncic. Ayton? not sure about I thik he has some towns to him but looks like young robinson physically (before david truly got yoked) but david was waaaaay better in college. but this kid is young ...Point is you may get teh best prospect of the past 3 drafts

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    My biggest fear here isn't Kawhi leaving it's that I don't want the Spurs to be blamed for starting another superteam. Spurs aren't stupid and they will be clever here allowing that not to happen. Kawhi is obviously a disgruntled superstar player and Spurs need to trade him for pieces that will allow them to remain compe ive for now and the future. Unless all this is media hyperbole and it works itself out and Kawhi stays.

Boston probably won't trade Tatum now, so it's possible Spurs will just keep Kawhi till the NBA trade deadline. If Boston agreed to trade Tatum and it's true Kawhi wants out, Spurs need to do it ASAP.

If I am Spurs I would not trade Kawhi till LeBron picks a team.

Thread Information