Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://dcs.megaphone.fm/ESP55831914...c9e072c569a3ae

26:30

Obviously said other salary would have to be going out predictably says he thinks it'd be crazy (I'm sure it'd be amazing if Aldridge wore a Raptors jersey though) and that when he started checking around, he doesn't think it'd be a realistic thing that the Warriors would do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree that it just doesn't seem a likely thing for GS (or even SA) to pull the trigger on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes sense from a win now perspective but Aldridge value just isn’t that high

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest, I don't love losing the chance to draft two separate prospects with 2 and 11, but if this trade would avoid the Spurs getting Wiggins, it'd be good as well. I'm torn on it, I don't know which one I'd prefer. Neither are probably going down though, so...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest, I don't love losing the chance to draft two separate prospects with 2 and 11, but if this trade would avoid the Spurs getting Wiggins, it'd be good as well. I'm torn on it, I don't know which one I'd prefer. Neither are probably going down though, so...
    Wiseman has superstar potential. He could turn out to be a bust but it's worth the risk. Highly unlikely Spurs are going to pick somebody at 11 that has superstar potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs don't have to take back Wiggins I'm fine with it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've said all along that I wouldn't do it if I were the Warriors and I don't believe they would either, but given the unique cir stances they find themselves in, calling it crazy goes too far.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs don't have to take back Wiggins I'm fine with it.
    Spurs might have to eat Wiggins contract to have a shot at the number 2 pick. Wiggins is trash but I would be willing to risk it to get Wiseman. Spurs are not going to get that many opportunities to acquire superstar talent. They have to jump on it when they have the chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiseman has superstar potential. He could turn out to be a bust but it's worth the risk. Highly unlikely Spurs are going to pick somebody at 11 that has superstar potential.
    Agreed, that's what makes the offer so tempting. I still don't think GSW pulls it off, mainly because LMA didn't play in the bubble so there's a large risk of unknown with him being 35. I doubt GSW can't get a better offer than LMA + 11 alone. But we'll see soon enough I guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs might have to eat Wiggins contract to have a shot at the number 2 pick. Wiggins is trash but I would be willing to risk it to get Wiseman. Spurs are not going to get that many opportunities to acquire superstar talent. They have to jump on it when they have the chance.

If the Spurs don't have to trade #11 I'd take on Wiggins. Either trade #11 or take on Wiggins, not both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They value Wiggins people, I understand the cir stance that owners are losing money but there one of the few teams that can really spend and it not hurt them as much... I think there’s zero chance they’d include Wiggins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They value Wiggins people, I understand the cir stance that owners are losing money but there one of the few teams that can really spend and it not hurt them as much... I think there’s zero chance they’d include Wiggins
    Wiggins is negative value my friend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs don't have to trade #11 I'd take on Wiggins. Either trade #11 or take on Wiggins, not both.
    I wouldn't take on Wiggins even if they kept 11 tbh. I'd be fine with taking ty contracts via a 3rd team but no way I want Wiggins on the team unless they're 100% sold that Wiseman is Timmy 2.0.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't take on Wiggins even if they kept 11 tbh. I'd be fine with taking ty contracts via a 3rd team but no way I want Wiggins on the team unless they're 100% sold that Wiseman is Timmy 2.0.
    I'd be fine with it since they could prolly turn him around and package him with #11/Murray to someone like Charlotte and bring back Monk/Batum.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not gonna happen. GSW needs a Big-Man. Looney is not enough if they want to go against the Lakers. They can pick Wiseman at 2.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean how would gs even be able to afford Aldridge they have 4 max contract

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not gonna happen. GSW needs a Big-Man. Looney is not enough if they want to go against the Lakers. They can pick Wiseman at 2.
    It's a long shot that Warriors will give up the pick if Wiseman is a legit superstar. Still LMA has value considering they are going to have to go up against Davis,Jokic in the playoffs. The Clippers already showed what happens when you don't have a big to match up with Jokic. Against the Lakers they will need a big man that can slow down Davis and make him work. LMA can help in both scenarios against Jokic and Davis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean how would gs even be able to afford Aldridge they have 4 max contract
    Their owner has not cared about luxury tax for a while granted he might care now that he can't make money off of his new arena due to Covid.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d want a third team involved so we don’t have to take Wiggins. Maybe:

GSW: Aldridge & SAS 11th
    OKC: Wiggins & Murray
    SAS: Paul & GSW 2nd

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Paul is a worse contract then Wiggins. Some people always go for the Star names.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i would be all for this trade if Paul was younger but he’s like 36 double the contract of Murray .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can’t wait 2-3 years for Wiseman, which is what it will take for him to develop. Their window will be closed by then. With their tax bill, his $9M year one salary also becomes $40M, and goes up every year after that. They are in tax territory that costs them $3.50 for every dollar over the tax line. 9M +3.5X9M = 40M.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have also seen several articles that GS has been trying to get a star and has been turned down by the teams they have reached out with using the #2 pick. I would not do #2 plus wiggins for LMA and #11 but I am almost certain GS would. I would bet they would even be willing to do #2 Plus Wiggins for LMA. I think there is an outside shot the Spurs could hold out for #2 plus Min 2021 1st with Wiggins for LMA. I think GS may try and roll with the team they have for that trade though.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I've been calling for this trade since the lottery....in a "weak" draft, LMA for the #2 pick straight up would be the best GSW are going to get to put next to their trio, and it's a good deal for both sides. hope they take it and we don't have to give up #11, unless they give us Wiggins and the 2021 Minny pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The funny thing about Wiggins, is that Pop managed to make Rudy Gay efficient. If he can do that, he can clean up Wiggins game to the point they may be able to flip him for an asset down the line.

Thread Information