Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I just made it back to . It's yucky outside, but fortunately inside much better than last year coming back overnight of July 5th into 6th, because I had set the AC at 77 degrees instead of 85 like last year.

It really isn't worth it to save a few dollars on the electric bill at the end of the return journey of a big long road trip.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

sons, I'd rather cut off my testicles with a malaria-infested rusted knife...yes, I'm still 100% remote in Montana. Despite getting lectured by Gen Z recruiters about how I'm missing out on all these great $50k a year, 5 days onsite, 24/7 oncall jobs in the Utopia that is the Big D - Dallas, TX...I think I made the right move. funny thing is all these recruiters that call me and tell me how great Dallas, TX is, don't even live there rofl

As the Gen Xers/Boomers continue to retire, there's very few Millenials or Zoomers in my field so I have the leverage to laugh and hang up the phone anytime somebody mentions "onsite". I actually did fly back to DFW recently, as soon as I went outside the airport there were two homeless looking black guys with their pants down in a boxing match arguing about which one was "blacker" than the other....also, I noticed every white male had this "I want to shoot myself" look on their face. It's amazing the lengths the white man will go to torture himself: living in the sh!ttiest areas, horrible bosses, horrible jobs, etc just to preserve hope that their fat wives MAY blow them twice a year
    Where do you fly out of in Montana? I didn't get up that far this year around but I was in Wyoming. my wifi and t-mobile phone do awful in that part of the country.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks

sons, I'd rather cut off my testicles with a malaria-infested rusted knife...yes, I'm still 100% remote in Montana. Despite getting lectured by Gen Z recruiters about how I'm missing out on all these great $50k a year, 5 days onsite, 24/7 oncall jobs in the Utopia that is the Big D - Dallas, TX...I think I made the right move. funny thing is all these recruiters that call me and tell me how great Dallas, TX is, don't even live there rofl

As the Gen Xers/Boomers continue to retire, there's very few Millenials or Zoomers in my field so I have the leverage to laugh and hang up the phone anytime somebody mentions "onsite". I actually did fly back to DFW recently, as soon as I went outside the airport there were two homeless looking black guys with their pants down in a boxing match arguing about which one was "blacker" than the other....also, I noticed every white male had this "I want to shoot myself" look on their face. It's amazing the lengths the white man will go to torture himself: living in the sh!ttiest areas, horrible bosses, horrible jobs, etc just to preserve hope that their fat wives MAY blow them twice a year
    It's amazing to me how many people never leave their f#ckin block or never even consider leaving.

Montana sounds super peaceful. After years of living in a vagrant-infested big city, I now understand why people GTFO and go hibernate up there. Don't know about those winters though.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Where do you fly out of in Montana? I didn't get up that far this year around but I was in Wyoming. my wifi and t-mobile phone do awful in that part of the country.
    Glacier Park International in Kalispell and then usually to Salt Lake City as the connector...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    It's amazing to me how many people never leave their f#ckin block or never even consider leaving.

Montana sounds super peaceful. After years of living in a vagrant-infested big city, I now understand why people GTFO and go hibernate up there. Don't know about those winters though.
    Ya, there's a good majority of whites that just love being tortured for some reason. got a liberal friend in Houston, every day or so he gets a Nextdoor neighborhood alert of another person shot within 10 miles of his apartment...car broken into twice since he moved in 4 months ago and he's paying almost $2000/month. for some reason, he just ignores it and pretends its paradise gives me sh!t, for being in "bumf*ck Montana" selfishly, I'm glad there's plenty of people like that to keep the White Flight population low up here. But I will say, people in California are moving here in droves, I got in just time but housing prices have soared just over the last two years. Locals hate people from the West Coast tbh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I just made it back to . It's yucky outside, but fortunately inside much better than last year coming back overnight of July 5th into 6th, because I had set the AC at 77 degrees instead of 85 like last year.

It really isn't worth it to save a few dollars on the electric bill at the end of the return journey of a big long road trip.
    Stopped at 99 yesterday but no way we're not hitting 100 today when it's 97 at 1:30. This will definitely end up Day 75 of 100+ for 2023 and one of the latest 100+ days ever recorded here. I think the latest day to ever hit 100 in SA was September 26th, 2011.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Just hit 100 a little before 3PM. Dew point is still ing 69 too for a heat index of 107.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Just hit 100 a little before 3PM. Dew point is still ing 69 too for a heat index of 107.
    Showing as 101 now with high forecast of 102 but now it's showing that it's going to rain later today.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Forecast high 93 or 94 every day baseline bum from here through ing October 10th.

It's frickin' FALL, for crying out loud!!

And ya wonder why I was in Michigan this time of year both last year and 2021. This time I'm stuck in SA and there's no going outside. FML.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    For a healthy, active, roughly 30 year old guy like me, not getting to go outdoors for long periods of time is like being in prison.

At least I did get to go hiking in MI/WI/WY/CO last week so not too much complaining. But a lot of driving too. My mom came with, so we at least drove in turns. Too bad my first-half-of-2023 GF Amanda dumped me in June, oh well.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    It's sticky, pea ing soup out there. It's fall, not a sauna.

San Antonio.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    how can you be fit and healthy but not be able to go outside in 93 degree weather?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Forecast high 93 or 94 every day baseline bum from here through ing October 10th.

It's frickin' FALL, for crying out loud!!

And ya wonder why I was in Michigan this time of year both last year and 2021. This time I'm stuck in SA and there's no going outside. FML.
    Probably will find some way to sneak a 100 in for October this year because why not? We have slayed every other heat record in 2023.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    how can you be fit and healthy but not be able to go outside in 93 degree weather?
    Genetics, I melt in the heat, so does my mom, so does most of my family except for one random uncle (he's dead, he killed himself) of my mom's who liked to crank the heat up to 86 degrees in the summer time whenever he'd visit San Antonio from his home in Phoenix.

I can shovel snow shirtless in 7 degree Wisconsin winter days for hours though. Each person is different I guess. I'm comfortable sleeping naked at 60 degrees, always have had to fight most girlfriends except two over that issue.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Probably will find some way to sneak a 100 in for October this year because why not? We have slayed every other heat record in 2023.
    100 for October would be unprecedented.

The 100 on Feb. 29, 2000 was caused by a solar flare at solar maximum.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    100 for October would be unprecedented.
    So was 60 days of 100+ in a year and we're at 75 now

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Every single time they forecast rain we get nothing but heat instead. Supposed to have an inch and a half about a week or week and a half ago, got absolutely nothing. Supposed to get an inch over yesterday and today, got the most minimal drizzle last night for a minute or two and that was it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Got 3 inches of rain last night
    Huge down pour
    High winds
    And hail in some place pretty large hail

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Got 3 inches of rain last night
    Huge down pour
    High winds
    And hail in some place pretty large hail
    I got enough drizzle to make the pizza box I set out for the trash last night a little damp.

Make a trade steal
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Still in the 90s in San Antonio. Right into October

Make a trade steal
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    93 is miserable heat. Anything over 79 is not comfortable to me. I like it cool.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    My garden finally popped and the hummingbirds and butterflies are flocking

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Looks like we're going to have a prototype ultra-wet monsoonal El Nino October, baseline bum.

October 1st starts out with a bang with TREMENDOUS rain showers in SATX, and the pumpkin is stuffed with rain days ahead in the 15-day forecast.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Looks like we're going to have a prototype ultra-wet monsoonal El Nino October, baseline bum.

October 1st starts out with a bang with TREMENDOUS rain showers in SATX, and the pumpkin is stuffed with rain days ahead in the 15-day forecast.
    ??? There is no rain in San Antonio right now. South and west of town there are some storms but they're all traveling NW anyways.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn we need rain so bad... We def don't need any hail though.

Thread Information