Page 55 of 259 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 6473
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we lose a first rounder if it doesnt convey all together? Not even next year?
    I don't know what you mean.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what you mean.
    The Jakob Poeltl trade may turn out to be one of the best of Brian Wright’s tenure as Spurs GM. Not only did trading the big man aid the Spurs in their race for Wembanyama, but it also netted them the pick that turned into Sidy Cissoko and a top-6 protected first in the 2024 draft. If the pick doesn’t convey in 2024 through 2026, it becomes a second rounder in 2027, making it likely San Antonio get a good additional draft pick in the next three years. (I found the answer) may not be a bad thing if it doesnt pan out this year, maybe we’ll still get their pick for another draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Double dipping refers to two lottery picks this year. The pick has two more chances to convey before turning into a second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Spurs just need a shotblocking rim rolling big like Poeltl when he came off the bench back in the days. Those guys usually have crazy net ratings and are high impact players for short stretches to help your bench make some runs. And they are not that hard to find nor do they earn a lot. Spurs don't have to waste a top 10 pick on that archetype.
    Sounds like a pretty good description of Charles Bassey and Dom Barlow!

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Toronto pick is top 6 protected for three years and then turns to two seconds if it hasn't conveyed by then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a pretty good description of Charles Bassey and Dom Barlow!
    Almost but they are both undersized. They don’t have that type of impact yet. I view Barlow more as an PF due to his size

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillingham with eleven in the first half vs S Carolina. Carrying them more or less. Remarkable how much talent Kentucky gets and they often look like a mess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I'm out on Sheppard at least where our picks would be. Those adv stats are crazy but he just doesn't do much. It's like he's hyper efficient but because his usage is extremely low.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Toronto pick is top 6 protected for three years and then turns to two seconds if it hasn't conveyed by then.
    so if the pick ends up anywhere in the top6 this year, Toronto keeps it and probably will be better next season so the Spurs might end up with a pick (top 6 protected) in 2025 in a draft that's supposedly better, am I correct? Any reason for us to be upset if it doesn't convey this year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so if the pick ends up anywhere in the top6 this year, Toronto keeps it and probably will be better next season so the Spurs might end up with a pick (top 6 protected) in 2025 in a draft that's supposedly better, am I correct? Any reason for us to be upset if it doesn't convey this year?
    The main reason to be upset is that if it conveys next year we'll have somewhere between 3-5 FRPs next year.

The second reason to want it to convey this year, is that each year it does not convey, it has a lower nominal chance to convey, thus lessening it's trade value.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The main reason to be upset is that if it conveys next year we'll have somewhere between 3-5 FRPs next year.

The second reason to want it to convey this year, is that each year it does not convey, it has a lower nominal chance to convey, thus lessening it's trade value.
    Too many FRP means that we don't have enough spots in the roster so we have to trade some or players and other teams know that so would low ball us, correct?

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe we have until 2026 for the Raptors pick to convey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many FRP means that we don't have enough spots in the roster so we have to trade some or players and other teams know that so would low ball us, correct?
    Not this year, if we get two rookies, but going forward, yes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Procter with his best game of the season tonight - 24 pts. Someone to keep an eye on with our second rounder. If he continues to have an up and down season maybe he falls. Probably not that far, but someone to watch.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Procter with his best game of the season tonight - 24 pts. Someone to keep an eye on with our second rounder. If he continues to have an up and down season maybe he falls. Probably not that far, but someone to watch.
    hes not going second round...Think he would stay another year in college if that was the case

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, because the TOR,CHI,CHA picks may ALL convey next year, along with sure things ATL and our own pick. For those not counting, that’s FIVE FRPs in one draft. In addition, adding a top 6 player this year might make them good enough to make a prospective 2025 pick far worse. Their last lottery pick was Scotty Barnes at #4 overall. They immediately jumped into the playoffs as the #6 seed in the East. I’d always rather have a good pick in a supposed bad draft than a bad pick in a supposed good draft. We don’t really know what any of these drafts will be anyways, other than a player or two at the top which we won’t get with any TOR pick that conveys only at position 7 at best.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, because the TOR,CHI,CHA picks may ALL convey next year, along with sure things ATL and our own pick. For those not counting, that’s FIVE FRPs in one draft. In addition, adding a top 6 player this year might make them good enough to make a prospective 2025 pick far worse. Their last lottery pick was Scotty Barnes at #4 overall. They immediately jumped into the playoffs as the #6 seed in the East. I’d always rather have a good pick in a supposed bad draft than a bad pick in a supposed good draft. We don’t really know what any of these drafts will be anyways, other than a player or two at the top which we won’t get with any TOR pick that conveys only at position 7 at best.
    we may need to use one of those picks to trade collins ty contract to get us sum cap space and sign a real big who defends and rebounds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we may need to use one of those picks to trade collins ty contract to get us sum cap space and sign a real big who defends and rebounds
    Naw, that contract is such that you just shunt him to the end of the bench or waive him. We cut that much salary last year with batting an eyelash.

Sean pointed out on the broadcast that Embiid is likely the last star physical big. You don’t configure your roster around one player whose type is nearly extinct, especially at the cost of assets.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cody williams gotta be our first pick,Has the most potential

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cody williams gotta be our first pick,Has the most potential
    Nope. After tonight it’s crystal clear that we need a PG first. You can’t have a starter, and no backup if he goes down.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel our small forward position is the bigger problem than our point guard. Or close to equal.
    Tre Jones and Blake Wesley is a decent enough splint on the wound. Our 3 position really needs balancing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. After tonight it’s crystal clear that we need a PG first. You can’t have a starter, and no backup if he goes down.
    cody williams can score and can create plays.Has the potential to be a good defender as well.Only problem with
    him is he seems weak.Would be a big upgrade over our current sf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked watching C Williams tonight. He's definitely a good prospect with good size and fluid mobility. He works on defense and has good fundamentals, a good shot. I dont see too much of a playmaker yet and his rebounding is pretty low. For the season his free throw percentage is lower than you'd hope but I think his shot is real.

I do think he's a while away from contributing meaningfully in the NBA.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No more white American players. I've seen enough this season of that soft type of player this season with Zach Collins and McDog .

Reed Sheppard, for that, I am out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the debate of SF vs PG... take the best one. Both are a big enough need to where we shouldn't bypass the better player for a perceived need. So you take the best non-center (this is where I think it would be foolish to burn an asset, whether Wemby wants to consider himself a C or not). The Spurs should be more active in this offseason than just adding a single lottery pick (and if that's all they do, we riot).

Thread Information