PDA

View Full Version : The good, the bad and the guy that's got to go.

Walton Buys Off Me
02-13-2005, 04:10 PM
The good: Ginobili and Parker were terrific- what competitors these guys are. Duncan was big time clutch in the fourth.

The bad: Rasho's offense was like watching a paraplegic attempt to salsa. I was getting goosebumps everytime he touched the ball. His defense wasn't bad though. Remember when Bruce Bowen could play defense? It's scary how easily guys are torching him lately. If this continues, his minutes need to go to Devin Brown. When Bowen is as useless as he was today on the defensive end, it makes no sense for him to be on the court.

The ugly: I'm sorry but I've given up on Brent Barry- dude makes Hedo Turkoglu look like Michael Jordan. Pop- trade his sorry ass now please, I've totally had enough with this soft bitch that can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Time to shorten up the rotation.

I'm proud of my team today- they competed till the very end but the one-sided officiating was just too much to overcome. I rarely if ever blame the refs but this was a joke from start to finish. I mean Shaq had what- two fouls?! Are you kidding me?

T Park
02-13-2005, 04:16 PM
I agree Rasho's offense was horrible, BUT, if he can keep that agressive shooting, the shots will fall, and the rest falls into place.

I agree, Bowen doesnt seem to be playing the D he used to either.

Barry? No comment, not enough minutes, didnt earn more. Im sure that will get me and you ripped for that.

I agree, Im proud of em too, they didnt have there game today, hell they didnt have there C game.

But they fought through it, and if Duncan has more than one leg, they win this game.

whottt
02-13-2005, 04:20 PM
FG%
Barry: 428%
Brown: 416%

3pt%
Barry: 360%
Brown: 397%
(Barry takes nearly 2 more per game)

2pt%
Barry: 553%(leads the entire team)
Brown: 424% only Massenburg is shooting at a lower PCT from 2

So obviously...you are all mouth without a brain right now on this subject.

Barry gets 3 more mins per game by the way.

T Park
02-13-2005, 04:23 PM
I think he meant Brown to take Bowen's minutes.

Not Brown take Barry's.

whottt
02-13-2005, 04:25 PM
I love how dumbasses this means Walton and TPark...two of the biggest ever...

Find ways to bitch about Barry after a loss when he's played only about 10 mins per game in our last two losss...

Your boy Devin has been the guy getting the minutes in the last two losses...so please shut the fuck up and bitch about someone that is actually getting minutes in those losses.

Bitching about Barry is just a step above blaming it on Linton Johnson III.

Dumbfucks...the combined brain power of you two fucking clowns is just less than that of a squirrel turd.

And TPark stop bitching about guys missing 3 pointers when your boy missed 15 fucking wide open shots....

picnroll
02-13-2005, 04:26 PM
Brown's offense has started to suck. He's bcome indecisive on his outside and pull up mid-range shot. He's driving to the basket on everything and getting himself in some horrible situations.

Walton Buys Off Me
02-13-2005, 04:26 PM
When did I say anything about Brown over Barry? Learn how to read and then we'll talk about intelligence ok? I said that it wouldn't make a goddamn difference if we traded Barry for the lint in Shaq's bellybutton at this point. He's had his chances and with the exception of two good games out of 52, he's been a total and utter failure.

Give Devin Brown Bruce Bowen minutes and you'll see what this kid can do. He's also pretty damn good defensively.

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2005, 04:27 PM
I have to agree with Whottt on this one.

You can't blame the loss on a player that barely played, it's not as realistic as blaming it on a guy who missed 8 shots from the same spot.

whottt
02-13-2005, 04:28 PM
And BTW, Shaq shot 75% today, high even by his standards..so don't go acting like Rasho's D was good enough to justify missing all those shots.

T Park
02-13-2005, 04:29 PM
Exactly.

Barry played bad when in there STFU.

Thats a fact.

Rasho stunk on offense when in there.

Thats fact, so stfu.

I agree, that Brent Barry has been a slight dissapoint ment.

another 1-4 day today, while just gliding around the court isnt gonna cut it.

He needs to make his open shots.

Brown on the other hand, has turned back into the Devin Brown of early last year, indecisive, and hesitant.

The good Devin Brown shoots with confidence and GOES.

I dont know what Devin's deal is.

T Park
02-13-2005, 04:31 PM
[/QUOTE]Shaq shot 75% today
[QUOTE]

Goody for him.

How many times did they foul him and he made his free throws.

When he makes his free throws, hes literally the most unstoppable player in the world.

That simple.

T Park
02-13-2005, 04:32 PM
lol,

no one is blaming THIS LOSS on Brent Barry.

Were just saying he played bad today.

Nothing about him LOSING the game today.

The Spurs not bringing there A Game lost the game.

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Shaq shot 75% today

Goody for him.

How many times did they foul him and he made his free throws.

When he makes his free throws, hes literally the most unstoppable player in the world.

That simple.
That doesn't change the fact that he shot 75%...what does FT's have anything to do with FG's

whottt
02-13-2005, 04:33 PM
When did I say anything about Brown over Barry? Learn how to read and then we'll talk about intelligence ok? I said that it wouldn't make a goddamn difference if we traded Barry for the lint in Shaq's bellybutton at this point. He's had his chances and with the exception of two good games out of 52, he's been a total and utter failure.

Actually...Barry is statistically the best offensive player on the team...he's also second in PPS behind only Manu...who is third in the entire NBA.

Give Devin Brown Bruce Bowen minutes and you'll see what this kid can do. He's also pretty damn good defensively.

I was all for starting Devin Brown...

Then a funny thing happened...Bruce is shooting at a better PCT than both of them.

I'm sorry but Devin makes some dumbass plays sometimes...no doubt it would improve with experience which is why I wanted to start him earlier in the season...but the fact of the matter is...it's too late in the season now and our losses all season long tend to be games where Devin gets the most minutes off the bench as the swing.

Walton Buys Off Me
02-13-2005, 04:34 PM
T Park- it appears that we're arguing with people that would make Stephen Hawking look like Brittney Spears- just forget it man.

Where in my post or in T Park's did we blame this loss solely on Barry? All I was eluding to is that it would be nice if our big free agent acquisition stoop up to the plate......

picnroll
02-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Barry has been a disappointment period. I expected there would be a number of games where he'd put up 20+ points and be the difference maker. So far I can barely think of a game where he carried the team. Even Hedo was better and Jackson miles abouve Brent. You can't lay it on anyone but Barry.

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2005, 04:37 PM
You can't lay it on anyone but Barry.

You're a really smart guy, a genius!........ :wtf :wtf :wtf

whottt
02-13-2005, 04:38 PM
What you fail to take into account about Barry...

#1.His PCT's aren't bad by anyones standards other than his own.
#2.You overlook his ability to pass and key the break without making dumbass turnovers...he is by far the best on the team in this category.
#3.He has been clutch all season long.

whottt
02-13-2005, 04:40 PM
Just know the two biggest comebacks of the season...Phoenix and New Jersey....Brent Barry got minutes in the crunch down the stretch.

You guys that repeatedly bash him have a dim perception of the game...but by all means keep bitching.

Walton Buys Off Me
02-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Hey dumbass, take a look at Barry's career numbers and compare them to this year's. He's playing for the best team he's ever played for, yet putting up his worst numbers.....you wanna explain that? I'm begging you.

Career FG%: 46.2
This year: 42.8

Career 3Pt%: 40.4
This year: 36.0

I'm waiting- and don't give me minutes played because they don't influence percentages- you either make the shots or you don't. The bottom line is that he hasn't fit with this team since day one. He was signed and he's been paid to be consistent from the outside and he's shooting 36%.

That doesn't cut it and we're not in December anymore.

whottt
02-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Hey dumbass, take a look at Barry's career numbers and compare them to this year's. He's playing for the best team he's ever played for, yet putting up his worst numbers.....you wanna explain that? I'm begging you.

Career FG%: 46.2
This year: 42.8

Career 3Pt%: 40.4
This year: 36.0

What do you think it is?

You going to say he's choking?

Then I will direct you to the Detroit game...

I will direct to the Phoenix come back from the edge of oblivion...

I will direct you to the Nets game where he played fucking Power Forward in that come back.

I'm waiting- and don't give me minutes played because they don't influence percentages- you either make the shots or you don't. The bottom line is that he hasn't fit with this team since day one. He was signed and he's been paid to be consistent from the outside and he's shooting 36%.

That doesn't cut it and we're not in December anymore.

I'm really not that hung up on his minutes...but when you don't play him in the second half then don't expect his shooting PCT's to improve for that game.

The fact of the matter is Barry is now averaging a career low in minutes...maybe it is affecting his PCT's...

You guys act like he didn't hit anything today...he was 1-4

Get fucking real...you don't think all players start out a game 1-4?

Walton Buys Off Me
02-13-2005, 04:56 PM
I was yelling at the television earlier in the season when Pop wasn't playing him, saying it's too early to judge and to let him play. Now, I can't stand to watch the guy.

I'll say it again, Brent Barry was brought in to be reliable from the outside. If you think about, he's got maybe the least responsibility of anyone on the team. Bottom line, he's not delivering- you cannot seriously argue with that.

At this point, on February 13, 2005, Brent Barry has less value to this team than Hedo Turkoglu did last year- does everyone agree? Need I remind how it turned out for Turkoglu. People talk about the .4 shot by Fisher. If Hedo Turkoglu had done anything- fucking anything worth any significance in that series, it would have been us getting our asses kicked by the Pistons in the Finals.

Das Texan
02-13-2005, 04:57 PM
rasho's shot looked like total fucking garbage.

whottt
02-13-2005, 05:00 PM
I'll say it again, Brent Barry was brought in to be reliable from the outside. If you think about, he's got maybe the least responsibility of anyone on the team. Bottom line, he's not delivering- you cannot seriously argue with that..

He's hitting 36% from three...

That's not shitty...

And what you don't get is that there is more to Barry's game than being a spot up shooter...in fact I'd be willing to bet he wasn't much of a spot up shooter in Seattle...he was one of the focal points...

What's he's not doing is getting an opportunity in the second half lately...

Haven't you noticed that the only differences in our last two losses and all the other wins of the last month are that Pop is not giving Barry as many minutes and he's giving those minutes to Devin instead...

Tell you what...you go find all the times Devin has gotten more minutes than Barry in the past month...I think you will find them all to be losses for the Spurs.

whottt
02-13-2005, 05:05 PM
And BTW, if Barry sucks in the post season...You'll have to get in line behind me to rip him...But we won't know how he's going to do until the post season.

Barry has been clutch this season...Hedo only hit like 1 clutch shot all of last season.

As for overall talent...of course Hedo's got more talent...Man, Hedo is a 6'10 freak with every skill in the book...but he was soft in the head...I don't think Barry is soft in the head. I think he gets off on taking high pressure shots while Hedo looked for a place to hide... Barry wants it and I think we'll find this out when it matters most....if he gets the chance.

Walton Buys Off Me
02-13-2005, 05:05 PM
Whott,

For the third time, I'm not saying that Brown is the answer to Barry's problems. In fact, with all my bitching, I'm not really offering a solution. I think Barry has been weak thus far this season and he's a major concern going into the playoffs. I really, really expected more from this guy. I thought he was the perfect signing. At this point, Gregg Popovich has to be at least slightly concerned with the outside shooting.

It wouldn't surprise me if we added a shooter.

T Park
02-13-2005, 05:11 PM
^^^^

Great post Walton (hey walton were getting along too well, wtf is wrong lmao)

Thats exactly how I feel.

I dont have an answer, i dont have a solution, I just wish he was shooting better.

I agree, he shouldv'e been in the end maybe.

I dont know. We can monday morning quarterback it all we want but oh well.

SlovenianGuy
02-13-2005, 05:15 PM
And BTW, Shaq shot 75% today, high even by his standards..so don't go acting like Rasho's D was good enough to justify missing all those shots.

Could you next time use a calculator to divide 8 by 12?

whottt
02-13-2005, 05:16 PM
He's just not hitting 40% from 3 point range...that's the only thing he is not doing. But when you look at other aspects of the game...he is the best on the team at those things...A to TO...TO per game...per 48...FT shooting.

His crime is hitting 36% from 3...an above average PCT for just about anyone not named Brent Barry...even struggling from 3(for him) he's still been clutch though.

The thing is...he was more of an initiator in Seattle...he was a featured offensive player and has a nails midrange J that we never use...maybe since he doesn't get that part of his game going he's psyching himself out too much to hit his spot up threes...

Maybe it is too easy.

He's just not used to standing around out there waiting to hit open threes...this guy has major fucking game and smarts...as a 10 year vet I don't see him as a problem yet, I think he's a huge reason we are off to best start in team history, and I think he will come through when it matters....because he came here to do that...Hedo didn't want that. They are not the same player.

whottt
02-13-2005, 05:19 PM

My bad 66%.....so you've proved what exactly?

Do you consider that good? Do you consider that as doing better than the rest of the NBA does against him?

What have you proved? What is your point other that national defensiveness?

Oh and here's a big fat RASHO CHOKED LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER TODAY for you to suck on for being anal and getting off the subject.

SlovenianGuy
02-13-2005, 05:21 PM
I've only proved you're bad in maths. Taht's all.

T Park
02-13-2005, 05:36 PM
So it was Rasho's fault we lost WHottt.

whottt
02-13-2005, 05:38 PM
No I pretty much think the whole team sucked today except for Parker and Manu and even they were shaky on D.

But since people like to point fingers...

whottt
02-13-2005, 05:39 PM
I've only proved you're bad in maths. Taht's all.

LOL ok...maybe you are right, but that doesn't change the fact that the Spurs did a bad job against Shaq today...even by Shaq standards.

T Park
02-13-2005, 05:40 PM
I don't think anyone pointed the finger at anyone today whottt.

Your the only one thinking people are.

whottt
02-13-2005, 05:42 PM
I don't think

That's the problem TPark. That's always been the problem.

T Park
02-13-2005, 05:43 PM
sigh.

God your such a child.

whottt
02-13-2005, 05:47 PM
sigh, your such an adult TPark.

Look, if you bother to read you will see I destroyed Walton's and yours criticisms of Barry with statistical fact.

He's not shooting that badly...and he usually brings other things even when he does shoot badly.

picnroll
02-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Do you really think Barry is living up to the expectations Pop and RC had when they brought him here?

whottt
02-13-2005, 05:51 PM
Do you really think Barry is living up to the expectations Pop and RC had when they brought him here?

Yeah, I do..not only that but I think he's been the 4th or maybe 5th best player on the team this season and is a big reason for our best ever start.

I think he's having a substandard season only when held to his own standard of shooting PCT's...compared to anyone elses' standards he is a having a fine season.

T Park
02-13-2005, 06:08 PM
if you bother to read you will see I destroyed Walton's and yours criticisms of Barry with statistical fact.

I read, I disagreed.

A guy should be shooting, with Tim Duncan in the post better than 36%.

Que Gee
02-14-2005, 01:40 AM
I laugh at all you jackasses who keep blaming Barry for everything. I want you to go back and look at all the spurs losses. What is it 12?...if you take 9 of those games, and average Barry's minutes in those loses it comes out to like 12 minutes per game. So you know what?! Why don't you try blaming Pop for once!!! When Barry doesn't play, the Spurs lose! You know why? Because it isn't all about scoring...The has never averaged more than 10 points a game, but he is great for the flow of the offense and moving the ball, and getting the ball to the right man in the right spot for the right shot. Sean Elliott has been talking about it all year. He is a point guard for the last two years, and should be getting minutes at point guard this year but Pops ridiculous rotation...It has no rhyme or reason..there was no reason for DBrown to get as many minutes as he did today, and there was no reason why Barry shouldn't have gotten any minutes. One mistake, or one missed shot gets so magnified in this room because in all of these losses, he plays like 10 minutes! Shit Udrih today had at least 4 horrible plays, turn overs, bad passes etc....Get off the Barry bashing, its getting so old, and it doesn't hold any water if you are a real fan of the game...its not about points and him going 4 for 5 from the 3pt line every game...jesus. If you take the games that he has played 25 to 30 minutes, he is right around his career average of 10pts 5 assists...And wow, thats not to bad from a 6th man now is it???!!!! Now try and post something thats has some sort of original thought for once Walton...Hell you make the real one sound like a genius.

TDMVPDPOY
02-14-2005, 03:30 AM
sum of you are trolls, one day you praise barry the next you bag the shit out of him, make up ur minds

Gerryatrics
02-14-2005, 07:02 AM
Hmmmmm, while we're throwing around all these stats and numbers, anyone have a break down of Brent Barry's fg% by quarters (over the season)? Like what he shoots in the first quarter compared to the fourth? Three point, free throw and/or adjusted fg% would be good too. I'm just curious as to how his percentages break down.

NZHayden
02-14-2005, 08:16 AM
Dumbfucks...the combined brain power of you two fucking clowns is just less than that of a squirrel turd.

:lol whott is the man at putting ppl down

NZHayden
02-14-2005, 08:21 AM
someone is gonna end up in tears.

Que Gee
02-14-2005, 09:32 AM
I read, I disagreed.

A guy should be shooting, with Tim Duncan in the post better than 36%.

I agree with you T Park, but he rarely plays with TD in the post. Thats the whole problem. Pop brings him here, he plays with Beno, Devin, Malik and Horry....If he got to play with TD more often, I'm sure his numbers would be up.

TwoHandJam
02-14-2005, 10:04 AM
I agree that Barry doesn't seem to be living up to expectations but it's true that if you look at the numbers, the Spurs win games more often than not when Barry plays extended minutes.

That being said, a big problem is that Pop yanks Barry early and often when he doesn't produce immediately. Yes, he was 1/4 when he got yanked but that isn't so horrible and I feel he should have been given minutes in the second half. That one shot he hit was a 3 when we really needed it btw.

Pop has him on a really short leash. Too short imo. Again, for the most part this season, when Barry has been given the minutes, he's produced.

Jimcs50
02-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Walton, why don't you go jump off a bridge, you are the most negative whiney bitch I have ever seen...you are obviously in severe depression, and need to just put yourself out of your miserable existence.

SpursChampsIII
02-14-2005, 10:58 AM
If Brown is expecting a big contract, he can go elsewhere. I would really like to see the Spurs keep him, but he should not tie up much salary cap. This is one dude that never met a shot he didn't like and NEVER met a pass.

GrandeDavid
02-14-2005, 11:15 AM

:lol :lol :lol

GrandeDavid
02-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Whottt, try not being overly-sensitive to that Slovenian guy. Try taking things lightly. This is all entertainment and we are not risk of unemployment over any of this. Easy boy, what he pointed out was factual and he did so in a rather amusing way. Get over it, its all in good humor!

smeagol
02-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Asking to trade Barry is dumb, IMO.

smeagol
02-14-2005, 11:41 AM
Walton, why don't you go jump off a bridge, you are the most negative whiney bitch I have ever seen...you are obviously in severe depression, and need to just put yourself out of your miserable existence.
Jim, meet rascal . . . rascal meet Jim.

rascal, meet Walton.

rascal, Walton, do us a favor and both of you go jump off a bridge.

Thanks