PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed Wallace on the Spurs?

Pages : [1] 2

jdiggy0424
02-06-2009, 02:30 AM
Pistons are clearly in the rebuilding process. Joe dumars wants to clean shop.
If san antonio could make a dead with the pistons for wallace, would it solve tim duncan's need of a big man?

Russ
02-06-2009, 02:32 AM
I'll volunteer a "yes."

Chieflion
02-06-2009, 02:34 AM
Pistons are clearly in the rebuilding process. Joe dumars wants to clean shop.
If san antonio could make a dead with the pistons for wallace, would it solve tim duncan's need of a big man?

What? Do you mean we offer a dead man to get Rasheed Wallace?

jdiggy0424
02-06-2009, 02:35 AM
anyone but the big three (and maybe roger mason and one draft pick)

Rogue
02-06-2009, 02:37 AM
Nope. Wallace is truely on sale but the SA isn't defenitely gonna be his destination. Provided Pop wanted Sheed to play for spurs then he would have to make a deal to acquire him. Then there would be two options for spurs:
1) Trade either Manu or Parker and a couple of fillers

2) Keep Manu and parker and trade half of the team for him, and sign several LLEs to fill the 15 roster space.

Either way, it will do nothing good to the spurs team. spurs are pretty good now, and they should feel pretty content considering rockets and Mavs.

m33p0
02-06-2009, 02:38 AM
Sheed!

timvp
02-06-2009, 02:39 AM
Rasheed is about as close as you can find to Robert Horry in the NBA today but Pop hates technicals so much that I doubt he'd sign off on it.

MI21
02-06-2009, 02:41 AM
Rasheed Wallace would be the absolute perfect compliment to Tim. Fantastic post defender which allows Timmy to patrol the weakside whilst being a dangerous perimeter threat on offense which doesn't impede on Timmy's space down low to operate. Rasheed can also be a great low post threat in his own right. The Spurs would leap above the Celtics, Lakers and Cavs with a move like that.

I can only dream.

iggypop123
02-06-2009, 02:43 AM
there is nothing the spurs can offer for sheed. the pistons have nothing to lose. just let the team play out and then have the huge cap room. besides they need to make the playoffs, detroit is poor economically

jdiggy0424
02-06-2009, 02:49 AM
true but i think he is making only 10 million a year. If we could move finley, bonner udoka and vaughn, we could have enough to grab him, but realistically we would have to give up a young piece like hill or mahimmi, etc.

but me personally if we could do that and the pistons accepted a trade like that i would go for it. He compliments timmy so perfectly

DynastyBuilder
02-06-2009, 02:52 AM
there is nothing the spurs can offer for sheed. the pistons have nothing to lose. just let the team play out and then have the huge cap room. besides they need to make the playoffs, detroit is poor economically

au contraire mon fraire

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=981~2769~883~1996~2805~846~866 ~874~615&teams=28~28~24~28~28~8~28~28~8&te=&cash=

baseline bum
02-06-2009, 03:00 AM
Rasheed is about as close as you can find to Robert Horry in the NBA today but Pop hates technicals so much that I doubt he'd sign off on it.

Pop has to have liked him, considering he almost traded David Robinson for him 10 years ago. He makes almost $14 million though, so there's no way the Spurs could match salar. Plus, with Splitter being such a pussy and staying in Europe, I can't see anything the Spurs could offer them within reason anyways. Even at 35 Sheed would be a good guy to go after for a short-term contract with the MLE next season.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-06-2009, 03:04 AM
true but i think he is making only 10 million a year. If we could move finley, bonner udoka and vaughn, we could have enough to grab him, but realistically we would have to give up a young piece like hill or mahimmi, etc.

but me personally if we could do that and the pistons accepted a trade like that i would go for it. He compliments timmy so perfectly

Finley has to accept the trade, Udoka and Vaughn have negative trade value and small contracts, the Pistons don't need Hill because they have Stuckey and Mahinmi has played a total of 7 NBA games... like other people said we have absolutely nothing valuable that would entice the Pistons to trade with us.

Our best chance would be to get him in the summer on a 1-year contract, but I suppose he'd be looking for a longer one.

Good player Sheed, though, would be perfect next to Tim.

TheSpursFNRule
02-06-2009, 03:29 AM
This could happen.

ESPN has posted an article called "Trade Talk: Who's Staying and Who's Going"

I cite this from it...

5. San Antonio's desire to acquire one more big man (preferably a floor-stretching big man) to counter the Lakers and Boston is no secret.
The surprise stems from the rumbles I've heard about Detroit free-agent-to-be Rasheed Wallace, he who is chief among the Pistons unsettled by the realization that big changes are undoubtedly coming in that locker room, having legit interest in joining the Spurs to team up with his 2005 NBA Finals nemesis Tim Duncan.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=883~1996~83~2774~2805~866~874&teams=24~8~8~8~8~8~8&te=&cash=

As you can see the only way is to throw away the spurs trash(udoka, vaughn and the injured Mahinmi) and than give away a good defender in Bowen... and Detroit needs defense, lastly you gotta give away a good player in Bonner. It would take a lot to get Sheed but it would sure as hell give us that 5th ring. Is it just me or is this a trade to watch out for?:flag::flag:

ezau
02-06-2009, 03:31 AM
Got this from ESPN

San Antonio's desire to acquire one more big man (preferably a floor-stretching big man) to counter the Lakers and Boston is no secret. The surprise stems from the rumbles I've heard about Detroit free-agent-to-be Rasheed Wallace (http://ninjacloak.com/index.php/1010110A/a0ce4855b1b65738ca3d3f655dc2d2afee40556585c29156ad 7ec7cb0788028e7f09986c56f644c05f05cd8a529cb2eb80b2 3e6428e64eb015108), he who is chief among the Pistons unsettled by the realization that big changes are undoubtedly coming in that locker room, having legit interest in joining the Spurs to team up with his 2005 NBA Finals nemesis Tim Duncan (http://ninjacloak.com/index.php/1010110A/a0ce4855b1b65738ca3d3f655dc2d2afee40556585c29156ad 7ec7cb0788028e7f09986c56f644c05f05cd8a529cb2eb80b2 3e6428ec47b615108).

TheSpursFNRule
02-06-2009, 03:33 AM
And yes most likely for this to even come close to working Finley would have to agree.

m33p0
02-06-2009, 03:34 AM
it would have more credibility if it didn't come from ESPN... the same news agency that told everyone that Bosh and Wade were leaving their respective teams.

bigfish22
02-06-2009, 03:36 AM
In the world of journalism, I believe this is called a (literal) sound-byte. What follows is this:

Don't see a real trade possibility here -- given that the Pistons are unlikely to take back anything other than expiring contracts for the expiring deals possessed by Wallace and Allen Iverson unless they have a chance to trade for someone like Stoudemire or Chris Bosh -- but it's something to file away for free agency

timtonymanu
02-06-2009, 03:39 AM
wont happen. Rasheed's too expensive. it's as real as Deke coming to SA was.

JPB
02-06-2009, 03:43 AM
Pop has to have liked him, considering he almost traded David Robinson for him 10 years ago. He makes almost $14 million though, so there's no way the Spurs could match salar. Plus, with Splitter being such a pussy and staying in Europe, I can't see anything the Spurs could offer them within reason anyways. Even at 35 Sheed would be a good guy to go after for a short-term contract with the MLE next season.

Splitter's the best scorer and rebounder of his team which is in the euroleague top 16 : 15.7 pts / 5.3 rbds / 66% FG in 24 min. Not exactly a pussy.

Besides, with what happened lately to his sister, I suggest you give him a break.

timvp
02-06-2009, 03:44 AM
Pop has to have liked him, considering he almost traded David Robinson for him 10 years ago.He did? I don't remember that trade off the top of my head. Who else was supposedly involved?

I remember the Vin Baker rumors from that time period but not Rasheed . . .

Even at 35 Sheed would be a good guy to go after for a short-term contract with the MLE next season.Agreed. If Pop can look past the technicals (perhaps Larry Brown will vouch for him), Wallace would fit like a glove next to Duncan. He's basically like a more talented version of Horry minus the legendary clutchness.

TheDarkSide.
02-06-2009, 03:46 AM
Trade 6 players for Sheed? and then we'd win a championship....?? :rolleyes

JPB
02-06-2009, 03:52 AM
He did? I don't remember that trade off the top of my head. Who else was supposedly involved?

Agreed. If Pop can look past the technicals (perhaps Larry Brown will vouch for him), Wallace would fit like a glove next to Duncan. He's basically like a more talented version of Horry minus the legendary clutchness.

Vin Baker !

jason1301
02-06-2009, 03:53 AM
Rasheed in our team would be awesome, but we have to give up a lot to acquire him.

It could work, but I don't see it.

I can only dream :p:

Manufan909
02-06-2009, 04:00 AM

Yeah, I bet you'd pick 8 mil over 1... pussy.:rolleyes

ehz33satx
02-06-2009, 04:02 AM
I would rather have Chris Bosh than Wallace. Send Bonner back to Toronto in trade! That would so mess with Bonner's head!

Rapper
02-06-2009, 04:08 AM
Duncan for Wallace?

or you can say Bruce for Wallace

baseline bum
02-06-2009, 04:22 AM

Splitter's definitely a pussy; he went in and pulled out of the draft like three times before punking out and not coming to the NBA once drafted.

He did? I don't remember that trade off the top of my head. Who else was supposedly involved?

David for Rasheed straight up was the big rumor around the league that I remember from when the team was 6-8 in '99. I remember thinking it was crazy, but everyone was panicking, calling Duncan a second-year flop, wanting to trade David, fire Pop and hand the team to Doc Rivers, etc.

When was the Vin Baker talk?

Lp26
02-06-2009, 04:34 AM
You can't have him <at least this year> :ihit

TheSpursFNRule
02-06-2009, 04:36 AM
He's coming. The spurs know they can't win a championship with Bonner at Center. They are gonna shock the world with a deal. I can feel it.

TheSpursFNRule
02-06-2009, 04:42 AM
Nope. Wallace is truely on sale but the SA isn't defenitely gonna be his destination. Provided Pop wanted Sheed to play for spurs then he would have to make a deal to acquire him. Then there would be two options for spurs:
1) Trade either Manu or Parker and a couple of fillers

2) Keep Manu and parker and trade half of the team for him, and sign several LLEs to fill the 15 roster space.

Either way, it will do nothing good to the spurs team. spurs are pretty good now, and they should feel pretty content considering rockets and Mavs.

all of this is true. The most likely scenario would be the 2nd one you proposed. If this trade where to happen the people staying would be

George Hill, Roger Mason Jr., Kurt Thomas

The Maybes:
Michael Finley
Bruce Bowen

Definantley Going:
Some 1st and 2nd round picks
Ime Udoka
Jaque Vaughn
Matt Bonner
Oberto

think about. We might not be so bad if we made the right moves. :flag:

mystargtr34
02-06-2009, 04:45 AM
Is there a better fit for the Spurs than Rasheed Wallace. He would be perfect, even for 2 or 3 seasons at 35. But, i wont get my hopes up.

ss1986v2
02-06-2009, 04:47 AM
all of this is true. The most likely scenario would be the 2nd one you proposed. If this trade where to happen the people staying would be

George Hill, Roger Mason Jr., Kurt Thomas

The Maybes:
Michael Finley
Bruce Bowen

Definantley Going:
Some 1st and 2nd round picks
Ime Udoka
Jaque Vaughn
Matt Bonner
Oberto

think about. We might not be so bad if we made the right moves. :flag:

pistons want none of those players...

TheSpursFNRule
02-06-2009, 04:56 AM
Yes I agree but what do the Pistons want at this point? There are like the Suns, they are in total and desperation re-building mode. Sure they don't want the spurs players but what do they want and what can they get? Not much. This is exactly how the Pau Gasol deal went down.

ss1986v2
02-06-2009, 05:07 AM
Yes I agree but what do the Pistons want at this point? There are like the Suns, they are in total and desperation re-building mode. Sure they don't want the spurs players but what do they want and what can they get? Not much.

actually, they would be happy with nothing back. with sheed and AI coming off their books, they should have enough money to peruse a top tier FA next year. they would rather let him expire than take back trade filler on multi year contracts (which is what we have to offer).

TheSpursFNRule
02-06-2009, 05:08 AM
im a moron with this stuff so is what you just said a good thing? Does that mean pursuing Rasheed is somewhat realistic?

2Cleva
02-06-2009, 05:11 AM
The entire clip from Marc Stein

San Antonio's desire to acquire one more big man (preferably a floor-stretching big man) to counter the Lakers and Boston is no secret.

The surprise stems from the rumbles I've heard about Detroit free-agent-to-be Rasheed Wallace, he who is chief among the Pistons unsettled by the realization that big changes are undoubtedly coming in that locker room, having legit interest in joining the Spurs to team up with his 2005 NBA Finals nemesis Tim Duncan.

Don't see a real trade possibility here -- given that the Pistons are unlikely to take back anything other than expiring contracts for the expiring deals possessed by Wallace and Allen Iverson unless they have a chance to trade for someone like Stoudemire or Chris Bosh -- but it's something to file away for free agency

lurker23
02-06-2009, 05:14 AM
Just for the fun of it...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3187~883~1996~242~846~866~874~ 510&teams=24~24~14~14~14~14~14~8&te=&cash=

Mind you, I don't think that's going to happen, but it would be one way to get him.

Why for the Spurs: Obvious. (Afflalo is just there to make salaries work.)

Why for the Pistons: Get to play with Marion for the rest of the season, and increase their expiring contracts for the summer by almost $4 million.

Why for the Heat: Well, to be honest, I think the Heat can get more for Marion than this. However, let's assume a few other deals fall through the cracks, and they still want to get SOMETHING for Marion. They've expressed a desire to get a few things for Marion: proven big men, expiring contracts, and no contracts that extend into the summer of 2010. As far as "proven big men" go, they could probably do better than Kurt Thomas and Matt Bonner, but they could also do a lot worse. They also retain about $5 mil in 2009 expiring contracts and $7 mil+ in 2010 expiring contracts.

Caveat (among others): Michael Finley would have to agree to this trade. However, I just can't see the Spurs trading 3 of their big men (Bonner, Oberto, and Thomas) and only getting one in return.

TheSpursFNRule
02-06-2009, 05:14 AM
Ok. So getting Rasheed....its kind of possible? :wakeup

The ESPN article is just misleading and confuses me. Says one thing than says the other.....AHHHHHH I Just dont know.

ss1986v2
02-06-2009, 05:18 AM
im a moron with this stuff so is what you just said a good thing? Does that mean pursuing Rasheed is somewhat realistic?

no. they want one of two things for sheed at this point:

1) an upgrade talent wise. they trade sheeds expiring (plus potentially other assets) to a team looking to dump salary. ie, a gasol/carter style trade.

2) netting additional assets while still maintaining expiring contracts. they trade sheeds expiring for other expirings, while also netting an asset or two (draft choices, young players, ect...). think what we swung last year to net KT.

we can offer neither to the pistons.

TheSpursFNRule
02-06-2009, 05:20 AM
Dude im pretty sure we can offer something to the Pistons. Why would all of this have been brought up if it were just blatant wishful thinking

ss1986v2
02-06-2009, 05:24 AM
Dude im pretty sure we can offer something to the Pistons. Why would all of this have been brought up if it were just blatant wishful thinking

the article says that the spurs would like to pick up another big, and sheed might be high on their wish list. unfortunately, the spurs dont have crap to offer (actually, we have crap, thats the problem).

so if we did have interest in sheed, it would probably have to wait until the offseason. i dont see whats so hard about this.

TheSpursFNRule
02-06-2009, 05:25 AM
Haha thank you for your time. Dammit, I really hope they get someone before the deadline.

Streakyshooter08
02-06-2009, 05:36 AM
I think the chances of getting Sheed are slim to none a this point. I don't see any players the Pistons would want outside of the big 3 in a scenario that works financially.

That said, I think the chances will be higher this offseason. It all depends on what Rasheed wants money wise. If he would sign for the MLE I think the Spurs would be interested. But thats a long shot.

Austin_Toros
02-06-2009, 05:48 AM
i think its impossible to get him now without giving up something too valuable.
our only chance is to sign him as a FA

mountainballer
02-06-2009, 06:02 AM

as Marc Stein mentioned, Sheed might have the Spurs on HIS wish list. this doesn't mean that there is any chance to get a player on a 14 million salary contract to SA via trade. of course the Pistons won't take a bunch of half retired vets on longer term contracts back.
(well,it would take a van Horn scenario with Horry, then it would technically be doable, but Holt is not Cuban and won't burn some 10 million $ or more, just to get Sheed for half a season.)
the Spurs might in fact have a chance to get Sheed next summer. maybe he is in fact willing to take the MLE for 2 or 3 years. considering that he will have netted a career income of 145 million $ including this season, he doesn't really need to push for the best possible salary, wherever it comes from.

02-06-2009, 06:11 AM
only way sheed can get to the spurs this season is if he negotiates a buy out and then signs with the spurs for whatever money they have left of the MLE. otherwise, spurs will have to wait until the summer before they can target him.

benefactor
02-06-2009, 06:20 AM
Picking up Rasheed in free agency is a much more likely scenario. We just don't have the contracts to do a trade(we are not trading away our whole front line...or Bowen or Finley). With teams throwing money around like crazy it is not unthinkable that we sign Rasheed and one other player(Travis Outlaw?) rather than breaking the bank for one of the big names like some teams are looking to do.

mountainballer
02-06-2009, 06:30 AM
only way sheed can get to the spurs this season is if he negotiates a buy out and then signs with the spurs for whatever money they have left of the MLE. otherwise, spurs will have to wait until the summer before they can target him.

what's the benefit of a buy out for Detroit? Sheeds contract expires anyhow, they would not save much money. Pistons are still a PO team, why should they tank the whole season, just to fulfill a wish of one of their players?

Ice009
02-06-2009, 07:12 AM
This could happen.

ESPN has posted an article called "Trade Talk: Who's Staying and Who's Going"

I cite this from it...

5. San Antonio's desire to acquire one more big man (preferably a floor-stretching big man) to counter the Lakers and Boston is no secret.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=883~1996~83~2774~2805~866~874&teams=24~8~8~8~8~8~8&te=&cash=

As you can see the only way is to throw away the spurs trash(udoka, vaughn and the injured Mahinmi) and than give away a good defender in Bowen... and Detroit needs defense, lastly you gotta give away a good player in Bonner. It would take a lot to get Sheed but it would sure as hell give us that 5th ring. Is it just me or is this a trade to watch out for?:flag::flag:

If Rasheed wants in you gotta try as hard as you can to make it happen. This is good if true. Maybe Rasheed can force the Pistons to trade him to the Spurs by refusing to go to other teams?

Then again it's a pretty big pipe dream for this season.

m33p0
02-06-2009, 07:24 AM
if it happens and the spurs don't lose anyone of consequence.... whoa! lookout!

jermaine
02-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Feb. 16, 2009 is going to be a hard day for me. My work sch. changes from 2:30pm to 11:45 pm then it goes to 5:30am to 8:15am then back on at 1:15pm to 5:45pm with weekends off. And I got NBA League Pass to watch all the Spurs gms as I always has. Im looking foward to that day also because its the trading deadline. I read some of these forms and they make me want to slap some people. Our bench almost beat the nuggets the other day, so why in the hell would Pop trade our whole bench for 1 person? Please fill me in if you'll know some I dont know. Ohterwise please dont give false hope with the topics that you know aint true. No disrespect to anyone intended. :wakeup

tmtcsc
02-06-2009, 09:02 AM
I don't see us making a trade that sends away multiple players. It takes too long to learn our system to justify it. Send em all away and Sheed gets injured ? We'd be in trouble.

Sec24Row7
02-06-2009, 09:02 AM
the potential to have the two most talented power forwards of their generation on the same team makes me happy in the pants.

jermaine
02-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Sec24Row7 thats not "G" Style as we say here in Dallas, Tx. thats sound very Homo but you do what you do.:nope

I. Hustle
02-06-2009, 09:30 AM
This trade will not happen but here is a thought. Everyone thinks that you have to trade one of the 3 in order to get a marquee player. Personally I don't think so. Everyone is praying for 2010 to get one of the expiring contracts so all teams really want is to dump big salaries and snag expiring contracts.

twincam
02-06-2009, 09:31 AM
I vote we get Wallace. He's the answer...

DaBears
02-06-2009, 09:31 AM
What about a trade for Jermaine Oneal from Toronto Raptors, not sure who'd we have to give up but they cant keep both of them meaning (Cris Bosh & Jermaine Oneal), so i say go for one of them.

Send Kurt Thomas or Oberto or Mahni character.

cool hand
02-06-2009, 09:32 AM
This trade will not happen but here is a thought. Everyone thinks that you have to trade one of the 3 in order to get a marquee player. Personally I don't think so. Everyone is praying for 2010 to get one of the expiring contracts so all teams really want is to dump big salaries and snag expiring contracts.

the lakers and celtics didn't

cool hand
02-06-2009, 09:35 AM
we have got to do it.

wallace and duncan they anti-media hacks of the NBA.

DynastyBuilder
au contraire mon fraire

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=981~2769~883~1996~2805~846~866 ~874~615&teams=28~28~24~28~28~8~28~28~8&te=&cash= (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=981%7E2769%7E883%7E1996%7E2805 %7E846%7E866%7E874%7E615&teams=28%7E28%7E24%7E28%7E28%7E8%7E28%7E28%7E8&te=&cash=)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3187~981~2769~883~1996~242~846 ~866~874~615&teams=24~28~28~24~28~28~8~28~28~8&te=&cash=

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3187~981~3058~883~1996~242~846 ~866~874~615&teams=24~28~28~24~28~28~8~28~28~8&te=&cash=

Sec24Row7
sheed IMO is as good or better a man on low post defender than Tim (who is a great man on defender and better help defender) this would make our defense around the basket pretty sick and would make people like Gasol and KG have a REALLY hard time operating... Sheed would also help Manu and tony get in the paint a ton more... To say nothing of the post to post passing... Ugh it would be beautiful

Piston1423
02-06-2009, 09:46 AM
If you want Sheed then you have to include someone from your big 3. Other wise I would never trade Sheed to you guys.

I. Hustle
02-06-2009, 09:48 AM
If you want Sheed then you have to include someone from your big 3. Other wise I would never trade Sheed to you guys.

What if we ask you nicely

Piston1423
02-06-2009, 09:49 AM

Joe is not that stupid. Im sure he would make you guys trade one of your big 3. But then again Joe isn't going to trade Sheed unless he gets an expiring contract and a player that can play, not a loser.(Gasol for Brown)

No disrespect but out of Tony, Manu or Duncan theres no one on your team that I would want.

cool hand
02-06-2009, 09:52 AM
The ball don't lie.

cool hand
02-06-2009, 09:53 AM

Piston1423
02-06-2009, 09:55 AM

Again Joe wouldn't do the trade unless one of them were invovled. This isn't the Timberwolves or the Grizzles GM were they will just get rid of a player to get rid of him for money. If Joe is going to trade Sheed he is going to trade him for somthing good.

How about this.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=981~3058~883~215&teams=24~24~24~8&te=&cash=

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=883~1015~866&teams=24~8~8&te=&cash=

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=883~1996~272~3438&teams=24~8~8~8&te=&cash=

cool hand
02-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Again Joe wouldn't do the trade unless one of them were invovled. This isn't the Timberwolves or the Grizzles GM were they will just get rid of a player to get rid of him for money. If Joe is going to trade Sheed he is going to trade him for somthing good.

How about this.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=981~3058~883~215&teams=24~24~24~8&te=&cash=

:lol

Mal
02-06-2009, 10:39 AM
I would like Sheed in Spurs, but he isnt worth several players neither anyone from big 3.

turiaf for president
02-06-2009, 10:44 AM

lol i think i heard some where boston has 70 techs and spurs have 16 this year lol. but sheed and duncan on the same team??? if you kept mason parker and manu, i would say that would be a team that would come out of the west, expecially if bynums out

arodz
02-06-2009, 11:06 AM
One thing I think that will keep Rasheed from being a Spur is that he and Pop would clash too much. Rasheed is too pigheaded in his way of playing. You think Pop would put up with all the Technicals?

Creation88
02-06-2009, 11:18 AM
all you guys proposing we would trade 5 players for 1 are insane.

EricB
02-06-2009, 11:24 AM

How about just sticking to your word?

"I am coming over next season, you can plan on me being there"

Thats why hes a pussy.

TDMVPDPOY
02-06-2009, 11:43 AM
i see his playing that FA game like every wanker out there for the last few seasons, marketing themselves always mentioning the spurs that the team is interested in their services, or they're interested in joining the spurs, only to bolt to another team for the money.

bigdog
02-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Sheed would be a perfect fit on the Spurs, besides the technical fouls. The only way I can see him coming over this year is through a multi-team trade, because there's no way the Pistons want anyone on the Spurs. If they can pull off a multi-team trade, then I'm all for it. If not, then we will have to wait till the offseason to try and get him.

rascal
02-06-2009, 12:26 PM
The spurs should have gotten Wallace when he was traded from Portland or Atlanta but hardly anyone here even wanted him at that time. That was the time to get him.

dbestpro
02-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Sheed makes 13.68 mil, 11 mil will make the deal.
Thomas 4.2 mil
Bonner 3 mil
Bowen 4 mil

Splitter could be thrown in as a sweetner.

The three provide trade flexibility and expiring contracts for 2010 plus the Splitter factor. Detroit does not want to get caught with free agent filler for 2009 and miss out on the 2010 smorgasboard.

xtremesteven33
02-06-2009, 12:32 PM
As much as i want Sheed...I dont want to trade Bowen for him....

HarlemHeat37
02-06-2009, 12:51 PM
I think he'll be a Spur next year..we can't get him in a trade, so we'll get him in the off-season..

it's really starting to look like our team next year is going to be better than this year's team IMO..Sheed is a perfect player against LA, as Laker fans can tell you..you add in maturity for Hill, Hairston and Gist will hopefully be on the roster, and hopefully Ian gets healthy, and we're much better than we are now..

I don't mind Sheed's age, because we'll have a much younger roster next year..Vaughn will be off the roster, Ian will hopefully replace Oberto, Hairston and Gist will replace Finley and Udoka..

xtremesteven33
02-06-2009, 12:55 PM
I think he'll be a Spur next year..we can't get him in a trade, so we'll get him in the off-season..

it's really starting to look like our team next year is going to be better than this year's team IMO..Sheed is a perfect player against LA, as Laker fans can tell you..you add in maturity for Hill, Hairston and Gist will hopefully be on the roster, and hopefully Ian gets healthy, and we're much better than we are now..

I don't mind Sheed's age, because we'll have a much younger roster next year..Vaughn will be off the roster, Ian will hopefully replace Oberto, Hairston and Gist will replace Finley and Udoka..

:tu

very good point. I see us being much better NEXT year. (especially if we can land Sheed) It sucks it cant be this year.

The Only team that can beat us is the Lakers. We just gotta hope we play flawlessley against them or someone else eliminates them.

TDMVPDPOY
02-06-2009, 12:59 PM
why dont we just give them kurt thomas?

SenorSpur
02-06-2009, 01:08 PM
:tu

very good point. I see us being much better NEXT year. (especially if we can land Sheed) It sucks it cant be this year.

The Only team that can beat us is the Lakers. We just gotta hope we play flawlessley against them or someone else eliminates them.

That's sounds like a great plan. I like the idea of getting Sheed too. However, that IS a plan for next year. In the meantime, the Spurs still have to matchup against the Fakers and try to best them in a 7-game series. However, they are still lacking on the frontline. To get through this year and to be in a position to acquire Sheed in the offseason, the Spurs cannot take on any contracts beyond this year.

Therefore, the Spurs will likely need to invest in a low-cost trade option like a Joe Smith - a player who has useful veteran low-post skills, yet one whose contract expires at the end of the season.

EricB
02-06-2009, 01:09 PM
why dont we just give them kurt thomas?

Why would you get rid of Kurt Thomas now that hes playing well?

sigh...

EricB
02-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Therefore, the Spurs will likely need to invest in a low-cost trade option like a Joe Smith - a player who has useful veteran low-post skills, yet one whose contract expires at the end of the season

Joe Smith is worthless and would add nothing.

Pass.

mbass
02-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Rasheed in our team would be awesome, but we have to give up a lot to acquire him.

It could work, but I don't see it.

I can only dream :p:

Would we give up Manu to get Rasheed? I love-em both.

xtremesteven33
02-06-2009, 01:25 PM

Pass.

He did alot for Celeveland last year in the playoffs.

SenorSpur
02-06-2009, 01:29 PM

Pass.

Disagree. For 8-12 mins a game, in a 7-game series versus the Fakers? He could be very useful. Remember all we need is defense, rebounding, a blocked shot and 6-8 ppg. And of course, use of those six fouls.

Name another preferred big, whose low-cost, contract expires at the end of this season?

EricB
02-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Disagree. For 8-12 mins a game, in a 7-game series versus the Fakers? He could be very useful. Remember all we need is defense, rebounding, a blocked shot and 6-8 ppg. And of course, use of those six fouls.

Name another preferred big, whose low-cost, contract expires at the end of this season?

He doesn't block shots and his defense is horrible.

There is none.

Thats whats so laughable about everyone "demanding" a trade.

Theres NOTHING that adresses the needs.

Joe Smith is a soft perimiter big who's interior defense rivals Samaki Walker in intimidation.

EricB
02-06-2009, 01:35 PM
He did alot for Celeveland last year in the playoffs.

While thats true, he doesn't address hte needs. He doesn't block shots, and he doesn't play defense, and he would be WAY overmatched against Bynum.

Ditty
02-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Mark Stein says Rasheed Wallace has some interest in being traded to SA. http://www.spursreport.com/forums/images/smilies/yikes.gif
He doesn't think it will happen -- Detroit doesn't want what the Spurs have to give up.

He says "rumbles I've heard about Detroit free-agent-to-be Rasheed Wallace, he who is chief among the Pistons unsettled by the realization that big changes are undoubtedly coming in that locker room, having legit interest in joining the Spurs to team up with his 2005 NBA Finals nemesis Tim Duncan."

come on spurs pull this off i know hopefully he'll resign with us for a couple more years after he's a free agent after this season

bonner replace with wallace
vaugh replace with signing ahearn
give up splitter rights
give up udoku and have hairston take his role
and im pretty sure bowen and finely have to go but hopefully theyll buy out and come back to the the spurs

:flag:

02-06-2009, 01:41 PM
what's the benefit of a buy out for Detroit? Sheeds contract expires anyhow, they would not save much money. Pistons are still a PO team, why should they tank the whole season, just to fulfill a wish of one of their players?

i didn't say the pistons would do it, just that it's the only way i can see sheed coming to the spurs this year. spurs will not trade five players for sheed nor does the pistons have enough roster space to take in five players. people who do the trade machines find that the salaries match but forget the max number of players a team can have is 15.

xtremesteven33
02-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Theo Ratliff?

yavozerb
02-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Chris Mannix from cnn/si:

San Antonio Spurs
• Team payroll: $68 million
• Potential trade assets: None
• Outlook: The shrewd Spurs are rarely deadline dealers. San Antonio's big deal came in the offseason when it got younger on the wing by signing the clutch-shooting Roger Mason Jr. Rookie George Hill's development precludes any need for a backup point guard, so expect the Spurs to stand pat.

Finally, someone with common sense. The spurs are not going to make any major moves. Expect a low salary player if anything.

benefactor
02-06-2009, 01:48 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116197

xtremesteven33
02-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Id shit my pants if it were to happen.

Supergirl
02-06-2009, 01:53 PM
oh man I'd love to pick up Sheed. I think he's the most misunderstood player in the NBA and his defensive toughness would fit in well here.

I'd give up any or all of the following players:
Bonner (Sheed offers the same things as him, and is better)
Vaughn (not being used right now)
Udoka (not being used right now)
Hairston
Mahinmi (seems to be injury prone, at this point I'd give up his unknown quantity for the proven quantity of Sheed)
Oberto
Finley

I wouldn't give up TD, Parker, Manu, Thomas, Bowen, Mason, or Hill.

Do the Spurs give up the rights to Splitter for Sheed? That's the big question

jmard5
02-06-2009, 01:53 PM
A very good Horry replacement if it pushes through... somehow.

Summers
02-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Id shit my pants if it were to happen.

I'd go the less messy route and squee like a little girl.

td4mvp21
02-06-2009, 01:59 PM
I wouldn't give up Bowen to get him. And we'd have to keep Bonner or Oberto, we couldn't have only three bigs.

EricB
02-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Mark Stein says Rasheed Wallace has some interest in being traded to SA. http://www.spursreport.com/forums/images/smilies/yikes.gif
He doesn't think it will happen -- Detroit doesn't want what the Spurs have to give up.

He says "rumbles I've heard about Detroit free-agent-to-be Rasheed Wallace, he who is chief among the Pistons unsettled by the realization that big changes are undoubtedly coming in that locker room, having legit interest in joining the Spurs to team up with his 2005 NBA Finals nemesis Tim Duncan."

come on spurs pull this off i know hopefully he'll resign with us for a couple more years after he's a free agent after this season

bonner replace with wallace
vaugh replace with signing ahearn
give up splitter rights
give up udoku and have hairston take his role
and im pretty sure bowen and finely have to go but hopefully theyll buy out and come back to the the spurs

:lmao

Blake Ahearn is pathetic are you kidding me?

EricB
02-06-2009, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't give up Bowen to get him. And we'd have to keep Bonner or Oberto, we couldn't have only three bigs.

Bonner makes more IIRC so he would be shipped out. Also his contract ends at the end of the year, so thats what Detroit would be looking for.

td4mvp21
02-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Bonner makes more IIRC so he would be shipped out. Also his contract ends at the end of the year, so thats what Detroit would be looking for.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm not sure I'd want to keep Oberto over Bonner with the way the two have been playing this season. I think Oberto is a bit rusty but Bonner has given the Spurs a lot of scoring and hustle this season. I do want Rasheed on the Spurs but we don't have enough to get him...obviously we could with that trade proposed earlier in the thread but we'd be giving up way too much.

Ditty
02-06-2009, 02:07 PM

Blake Ahearn is pathetic are you kidding me?

hes not that bad hes a alls tar in d-league and probably the best free agent point guard beside farmar

this trade works and hopefully bowen will buy out and maybe throw splitter in there

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1996~83~2805~866~874~883&teams=8~8~8~8~8~24&te=&cash=

hater
02-06-2009, 02:15 PM
oh shit that would be amazing. Duncan + Sheed. goddam!

EricB
02-06-2009, 02:23 PM
hes not that bad hes a alls tar in d-league and probably the best free agent point guard beside farmar

this trade works and hopefully bowen will buy out and maybe throw splitter in there

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1996~83~2805~866~874~883&teams=8~8~8~8~8~24&te=&cash=

Do you forget how Ahearn played with the Spurs the first time around?

He was horrible, and probobly one of the worst defenders I've ever seen don the silver and black.

EricB
02-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah, that makes sense. I'm not sure I'd want to keep Oberto over Bonner with the way the two have been playing this season. I think Oberto is a bit rusty but Bonner has given the Spurs a lot of scoring and hustle this season. I do want Rasheed on the Spurs but we don't have enough to get him...obviously we could with that trade proposed earlier in the thread but we'd be giving up way too much.

Bonner would be redundant with Wallace in house. Wallace gives you what Bonner does, except he can also go down in the post, and he can also rebound and block shots.

If the Spurs got Rasheed Wallace I'd say the only thing that would stand in their way of winning it all would be health.

td4mvp21
02-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Bonner would be redundant with Wallace in house. Wallace gives you what Bonner does, except he can also go down in the post, and he can also rebound and block shots.

If the Spurs got Rasheed Wallace I'd say the only thing that would stand in their way of winning it all would be health.

I would agree with that.

EricB
02-06-2009, 02:41 PM
I would agree with that.

Yeah it makes too much sense. Thats why it won't happen.

Zarko's Ghost
02-06-2009, 03:04 PM

It's doubtful a deal like this would get done, but the Spurs should be bold in their efforts. What is insane is wasting Tim's best years. The Lakers and Celtics are better than the Spurs right now.
Players 9-15 are not significant for the playoffs. Wallace replaces Bonner and you would have to fill out the rest of the roster with scrubs (Hairston and Tolliver type players). I would do the deal if Detroit would agree to waive Bowen.

nkdlunch
02-06-2009, 03:09 PM

if it means a championship its not insane :rolleyes

When Sheed landed in Detroit, Pistons let go of:
Chucky Atkins
Lindsey Hunter
Bobby Sura
Zeljko Rebraca

and who won that year?

TheSpursFNRule
02-06-2009, 03:11 PM

Chucky Atkins
Lindsey Hunter
Bobby Sura
Zeljko Rebraca

and who won that year?

^^^^GENIOUS! Listen to this man.

tp2021
02-06-2009, 03:13 PM
"rumbles I've heard about Detroit free-agent-to-be Rasheed Wallace, he who is chief among the Pistons unsettled by the realization that big changes are undoubtedly coming in that locker room, having legit interest in joining the Spurs to team up with his 2005 NBA Finals nemesis Tim Duncan."

No fucking way. That's a dream better than a wet dream :wow

EricB
02-06-2009, 03:13 PM

Chucky Atkins
Lindsey Hunter
Bobby Sura
Zeljko Rebraca

and who won that year?

Lindsey Hunter was released and came back IIRC.
So it was really just Atkins Sura Rebraca...

justinandimcool
02-06-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm all for this as long as we don't trade away our future.

Thomas
Bowen or Finley
Udoka (god help us if he'll be a major factor in our future)
Vaughn

I think that's a very good package. It gives Detroit's young team some much needed veteran leadership, gives us size and a damn good player. Best case scenario we get to keep 2/3 of Thomas, Bowen, Findog.

TheSpursFNRule
02-06-2009, 03:27 PM
All you non-believers need to realize that though it is slim they will get him before the deadline there is always a chance!

JamStone
02-06-2009, 03:34 PM
The Pistons will gladly trade Rasheed Wallace to the Spurs.

Rasheed Wallace
Allen Iverson

for

Tim Duncan
Manu Ginobili

Rob in Converse
02-06-2009, 03:40 PM
I hate to be the wet blanket, but Detroit more likely would swap Wallace for Amare Stoudemire.

Think about it: Phoenix is trying to get rid of him because of his defense, Rasheed plays strong defense. Amare makes $15 mill, Rasheed makes $13.5. Detroit gets low-post offense, something the Spurs can't give them.

And, worst of all, that trade elevates Phoenix to the top of the west. They wouldn't have to gut their team to get him like we would. LET'S ALL PRAY THAT THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN!!!

DPG21920
02-06-2009, 03:43 PM
The Pistons will gladly trade Rasheed Wallace to the Spurs.

Rasheed Wallace
Allen Iverson

for

Tim Duncan
Manu Ginobili

What incentive do the Pistons have to trade Wallace and AI? They are not going to win no matter what this year and those guys combine for 24+ million off the books NEXT season.

yavozerb
02-06-2009, 03:43 PM
I hate to be the wet blanket, but Detroit more likely would swap Wallace for Amare Stoudemire.

Think about it: Phoenix is trying to get rid of him because of his defense, Rasheed plays strong defense. Amare makes $15 mill, Rasheed makes $13.5. Detroit gets low-post offense, something the Spurs can't give them.

And, worst of all, that trade elevates Phoenix to the top of the west. They wouldn't have to gut their team to get him like we would. LET'S ALL PRAY THAT THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN!!!

The only way the suns would do this trade is if they are trying to clear up cap space..Sheed is FA after this year

TheSpursFNRule
02-06-2009, 04:00 PM
The suns owner has made enough mistakes. Signing a near-the-end-of-his-career Power Foward(Rasheed) for a 26 year old all star for years to come(Amare) is bogus. You know it and I know it. If Rasheed went to the Suns they be as useful as a bag of dinosaur bones.

Rob in Converse
02-06-2009, 04:02 PM
EVERYBODY is trying to clear cap space! Stoudemire's contract is up after 09-10 and Wallace's ends next year. That makes him more attractive, not less!

JamStone
02-06-2009, 04:03 PM
What incentive do the Pistons have to trade Wallace and AI? They are not going to win no matter what this year and those guys combine for 24+ million off the books NEXT season.

You don't understand my post.

TheSpursFNRule
02-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Feb. 16, 2009 is going to be a hard day for me. My work sch. changes from 2:30pm to 11:45 pm then it goes to 5:30am to 8:15am then back on at 1:15pm to 5:45pm with weekends off. And I got NBA League Pass to watch all the Spurs gms as I always has. Im looking foward to that day also because its the trading deadline. I read some of these forms and they make me want to slap some people. Our bench almost beat the nuggets the other day, so why in the hell would Pop trade our whole bench for 1 person? Please fill me in if you'll know some I dont know. Ohterwise please dont give false hope with the topics that you know aint true. No disrespect to anyone intended. :wakeup

The point is our bench almost beat the nuggets with their full lineup the other day. Think about it, our bench is NOT trash.

DPG21920
02-06-2009, 04:06 PM
You don't understand my post.

I understand your post, it was you being sarcastic. My post was more in reference to everyone else, highlighting your sarcastic post. They have no incentive to trade unless they are raping someone in a deal, like the one you proposed.

tlongII
02-06-2009, 04:09 PM
If the Spurs were able to add Sheed to their Big 3 they would be the favorites for the title, imo. Sheed is so much better than Horry ever was it's ridiculous.

yavozerb
02-06-2009, 04:48 PM
EVERYBODY is trying to clear cap space! Stoudemire's contract is up after 09-10 and Wallace's ends next year. That makes him more attractive, not less!

Your wrong...Amare has a player option of 17 mil for 10-11..

Ditty
02-06-2009, 05:07 PM
ESPN: Rasheed Wallace wants to play for Spurs

Posted by Dave Dial (http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress/about.html) February 06, 2009 13:35PM

Categories: Top Sports (http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress/top_sports/)
Marc Stein has included in his "trade talk" article some confirmation that Rasheed Wallace isn't happy with Joe's choice to restructure the Detroit Pistons.

February 6, ESPN: (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=tradetalk-090205) San Antonio's desire to acquire one more big man (preferably a floor-stretching big man) to counter the Lakers and Boston is no secret. The surprise stems from the rumbles I've heard about Detroit free-agent-to-be Rasheed Wallace, he who is chief among the Pistons unsettled by the realization that big changes are undoubtedly coming in that locker room, having legit interest in joining the Spurs to team up with his 2005 NBA Finals nemesis Tim Duncan.

Don't see a real trade possibility here -- given that the Pistons are unlikely to take back anything other than expiring contracts for the expiring deals possessed by Wallace and Allen Iverson unless they have a chance to trade for someone like Stoudemire or Chris Bosh -- but it's something to file away for free agency. Another note for the future on Iverson: Detroit is far more unlikely than likely to find a workable trade home for Iverson after the Pistons' struggles since acquiring A.I. from Denver in the first week of the season, but I've heard multiple executives say there might be a better-than-expected market for the 33-year-old in free agency this summer as long as his demands are not exorbitant.
"There's never been a time where we're all touched by the economy at the same time," said one exec, suggesting that Iverson will appeal to a few teams just because of his ability to sell tickets.

Ditty
02-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Wallace:"thats a bullshit call" to the ref

Duncan:"hey chill the fuck out"

Pop "wallace what the hell are you doing"

ha i can see this happenning

xtremesteven33
02-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Rumors of Sheed saying he wants to play for San Antonio is such a tease it hurts to think about it.....

Shastafarian
02-06-2009, 05:16 PM
I wonder how long before Bill Ingram starts reporting a trade is coming for Sheed, Karl Malone, and a pair of Converse All-Stars.

EricB
02-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Wallace:"thats a bullshit call" to the ref

Duncan:"hey chill the fuck out"

Pop "wallace what the hell are you doing"

ha i can see this happenning

I think Wallace would be OK.

The years under Larry Brown he was pretty well behaved especially in big games.

MarHill
02-06-2009, 05:20 PM
I have to be the one who goes against the grain.....

First of all, Rasheed Wallace is a very talented player. I've always said if Rasheed had the mind like Tim or Kobe he could have gone down as one of the best PF's ever.

But he's an enigma! Sometimes he likes to jack up ill-adivsed threes and play soft at times in the post. The Spurs would need him on the block a lot and I've watched enough Detroit games to see him drift through games like Lamar Odom.

Next, Rasheed even at this advance state in his career isn't one whose known for his composure. And playing for the Spurs...composure and professionalism is very important and getting a technical at the wrong time would drive Pop nuts.

Lastly, the financial issues won't make a trade work and our bench isn't something that Detroit wants besides Mason and the Big 3. The Spurs are not giving up any of those players. Moreover, I've seen some of the trade proposals posted and the Spurs are not going to give up all their big men just to get Wallace. You would still be at square one.

Unfortunately, the Spurs will have to find a low cost option like Joe Smith (that Senor Spur mentioned) or Channing Frye or someone else.

If (and that's big IF) Rasheed came to the Spurs this season, he would have to change his personality somewhat and fall in line with the Spurs way and he's too enigmatic for that.

I love his talent...but there are too many question marks for a deal like that to happen.

DAF86
02-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Thomas, Bowen, Oberto, Mahinmi, Splitter's rights, cash compesation, and a draft pick for Wallace to make it somewhat reasonable for Detroit. I still think they won't do it.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=883~83~2774~2805~846~3233&teams=24~8~8~8~8~8&te=&cash=8:24

MarHill
02-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Thomas, Bowen, Oberto, Mahinmi, Splitter's rights, cash compesation, and a draft pick for Wallace to make it somewhat breasonable for Detroit. I still think they won't do it.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=883~83~2774~2805~846~3233&teams=24~8~8~8~8~8&te=&cash=8:24

You're giving up two bigs that are in the rotation and only getting one back...the Spurs won't do that especially when you need as many bigs as possible!!

EricB
02-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Thomas, Bowen, Oberto, Mahinmi, Splitter's rights, cash compesation, and a draft pick for Wallace to make it somewhat breasonable for Detroit. I still think they won't do it.

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't do that trade.

meestahmeestah
02-06-2009, 05:26 PM
The point is our bench almost beat the nuggets with their full lineup the other day. Think about it, our bench is NOT trash.

if you think the Nuggets used their "full lineup" the other day, you should probably watch more basketball.

DAF86
02-06-2009, 05:27 PM
You're giving up two bigs that are in the rotation and only getting one back...the Spurs won't do that especially when you need as many bigs as possible!!

Change Oberto for Finley if you want, but if we give Fab and Kurt up wouldn't we still be able to bring somebody from the D-league or sign a free agent?

EricB
02-06-2009, 05:27 PM
The Pistons wouldn't want Oberto, they would want Bonner. Ending contract and all.

Spur-Addict
02-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Rumors of Sheed saying he wants to play for San Antonio is such a tease it hurts to think about it.....

:toast It hurts but it gives some hope though.

Unfortunately, the Spurs will have to find a low cost option like Joe Smith (that Senor Spur mentioned) or Channing Frye or someone else.

Now what would Frye do besides get in the way? Smith is a more likely scenario but he doesn't make me feel definite inside.

Despite the occasional and mostly warranted antics of Sheed, i'd try to do w/e it takes outside of the obvious deal breakers. In a ideal situation, a three team trade takes place.

EricB
if you think the Nuggets used their "full lineup" the other day, you should probably watch more basketball.

They missed Billups yes.

Kenyon martin? Pfft. Please.

MarHill

DAF86
The Pistons wouldn't want Oberto, they would want Bonner. Ending contract and all.

Ok, Bonner then. Like I give a crap.

MarHill
02-06-2009, 05:29 PM

Now what would Frye do besides get in the way? Smith is a more likely scenario but he doesn't make me feel definite inside.

Despite the occasional and mostly warranted antics of Sheed, i'd try to do w/e it takes outside of the obvious deal breakers. In a ideal situation, a three team trade takes place.

I was just naming Frye as a low cost option.

Spur-Addict
02-06-2009, 05:30 PM
I was just naming Frye as a low cost option.

My apologies, I didn't intend to attack, or give the impression of an attack. I just don't think he would make a substantial dent worthy of a trade.

MarHill
02-06-2009, 05:31 PM

Sheed has had more than the occasional or even warranted antics. He has had a career full of them and that's the problem with him even though he's extremely talented.

MarHill
02-06-2009, 05:32 PM
My apologies, I didn't intend to attack, or give the impression of an attack. I just don't think he would make a substantial dent worthy of a trade.

No offense taken.....

I was just clarifying my post.

:toast

Spur-Addict
02-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Sheed has had more than the occasional or even warranted antics. He has had a career full of them and that's the problem with him even though he's extremely talented.

One honest question for one honest answer.

Would you choose Rasheed Wallace

OR one of the following?

1.) Frye 2.) Joe Smith

Despite any antics involved etc.

Be honest.

Spur-Addict
02-06-2009, 05:40 PM

OR one of the following?

1.) Frye 2.) Joe Smith

Be honest.

I'd choose Sheed over both as a package.

MarHill
02-06-2009, 05:41 PM

OR one of the following?

1.) Frye 2.) Joe Smith

Be honest.

Of course talent wise I would choose Rasheed Wallace...no question about it.

But, I've watched Rasheed a lot of the years and I love his talent but there is another side of him that can be very damaging during a playoff run. I watched that ECF Playoff Series in 2007 against Cleveland and saw him come undone by foul calls and the Spurs couldn't have a player go off the handle like that especially if they play the Lakers in this year's WCF...if it happens.

The Spurs are about professionalism and composure and you need that during money time and I've seen Sheed blow up too many times and those things will hurt your team especially when you are trying to win a championship.

I love his talent....it's just his other side that's a HUGE risk!!!

td4mvp21
02-06-2009, 05:45 PM
We wouldn't need Rasheed on the block...none of our other bigs besides Duncan ever play on the block. We could use Rasheed on the block, but it wouldn't be a necessity. We could call plays for him on the block or we could have him draw the defense out because he shoots 35% from long range. We could always sign him for a small contract in the offseason, I think he'll still have something left for next season at least. It'd be nice to have him this season though...

Spur-Addict
02-06-2009, 05:48 PM

But, I've watched Rasheed a lot of the years and I love his talent but there is another side of him that can be very damaging during a playoff run. I watched that ECF Playoff Series in 2007 against Cleveland and saw him come undone by foul calls and the Spurs couldn't have a player go off the handle like that especially if they play the Lakers in this year's WCF...if it happens.

The Spurs are about professionalism and composure and you need that during money time and I've seen Sheed blow up too many times and those things will hurt your team especially when you are trying to win a championship.

I agree completely. But I look at it like this.

1.) Is acquiring a player like Sheed with his potential risks worth the obvious need that he fills?

2.) Will Sheed Gel with this team dispite his abilities that we need?

I think the answer to these questions are both yes. Although he is a bit different in personality, I think he can gel. Also, I think we need some aggression and volatility in this lineup to kick things in gear from time to time.

He gives us many things, such as an added post option especially when Tim is sitting down for rest and/or fouls.

Roadies4life
02-06-2009, 05:49 PM
I found out that we are going for Al Jefferson...perfect combo, him and Tim.

xtremesteven33
02-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Wallace played fantastic under Larry Brown. There is absolutely NO DOUBT in my mind he would play fantastic under Popovich as well.

Spur-Addict
02-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Wallace played fantastic under Larry Brown. There is absolutely NO DOUBT in my mind he would play fantastic under Popovich as well.

Awesome point.

jason1301
02-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Would we give up Manu to get Rasheed? I love-em both.

I wouldn't give up Manu for Kobe let alone Rasheed, but that's just me lol

A combination (some of them, not all of them) of Bowen, Bonner, Kurt Thomas, Oberto, Finley, Udoka, JV could do it.

MarHill
02-06-2009, 06:13 PM
We wouldn't need Rasheed on the block...none of our other bigs besides Duncan ever play on the block. We could use Rasheed on the block, but it wouldn't be a necessity. We could call plays for him on the block or we could have him draw the defense out because he shoots 35% from long range. We could always sign him for a small contract in the offseason, I think he'll still have something left for next season at least. It'd be nice to have him this season though...

I disagree.

We would need his rebounding and post defense to help Tim.

I know he's still very talented. I'm not questioning that.

But, the other side of him is the huge risk and you can't ignore that!!

MarHill
02-06-2009, 06:15 PM

He blew up on Larry Brown too.

That's no guarantee...he wouldn't do that to Pop.

You have to consider the other side of him..not just his talent.

xtremesteven33
02-06-2009, 06:18 PM

I dont see it happening with Tim Duncan as the Man in the locker room. Wallace has never been with a player like Tim. EVER.

EricB
02-06-2009, 06:20 PM

Eh, I really don't remember him blowing up on Larry Brown, but I think Rasheed Wallace would know what would be at stake and would like one last little good pay day a nice MLE for a year or two, and I think he would be a great teammate.

MarHill
02-06-2009, 06:23 PM
I dont see it happening with Tim Duncan as the Man in the locker room. Wallace has never been with a player like Tim. EVER.

I would agree that Sheed hasn't played with a player like Tim. But those Detroit teams were very good and went to 6 straight Eastern Conf. Finals and won a NBA title. So he's been around success and still acted up.

If the Spurs could get him.....that would be the risk.

MarHill
02-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Eh, I really don't remember him blowing up on Larry Brown, but I think Rasheed Wallace would know what would be at stake and would like one last little good pay day a nice MLE for a year or two, and I think he would be a great teammate.

Not with Larry Brown in a verbal confrontation...but he still got technicals in the ECF series the year they won the championship.

That's the risk with him though.

Very good talent..borderline great talent but an enigma!!

Baseline
02-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Sheed is a Carolina guy who played for Dean Smith.

Pop is an honorary Carolina guy due to his relationship with Larry Brown.

The mutual respect there would be very high. Sheed can buckle up and play right when he wants to, and if he was in San Antonio, he would see rings in front of him like never before. So he would be a good citizen.

If we had Sheed, we would sweep the Lakers, and beat the Celtics or Cleveland in 5.

As another poster said, it's such an attracitve idea that it hurts to even think about. Sheed would literally be about the best fit for the Spurs of any player in the league.

timtonymanu
02-06-2009, 07:05 PM
this would be to good to be true.

realistically we'd have to give up the Big 3, Mason, Hill, Bowen, or Thomas for the trade to actually work.

Udoka, Vaughn, Bonner, Oberto, and Finley are the guys i would give up but they dont equal Rasheed. Also i think Finley's too in love with this team and Pop is too in love with Finley for Finley to agree to the trade. Bonner is the best trade option out of the guys given above but the other guys would be worthless to Detroit unless Vaughn is brought to mentor Stuckey there. That would be scary to think cause Stuckey is already good.

tp2021
02-06-2009, 07:09 PM
I would agree that Sheed hasn't played with a player like Tim. But those Detroit teams were very good and went to 6 straight Eastern Conf. Finals and won a NBA title. So he's been around success and still acted up.

If the Spurs could get him.....that would be the risk.

He is not a crazy fool like Ron. He isn't a locker room cancer. He is a loudmouth. If you can get Sheed, it would be stupid not to. It shouldn't even be a discussion.

mystargtr34
02-06-2009, 07:30 PM
There's obviously huge respect between Pop and Sheed. They embrace each other whenever the Spurs and Pistons meet, and Pop has gone out of his way numerous times to praise Sheed, at one point during the 2005 season calling Sheed "a top 5 talent in the NBA".

The are some interesting scenarios going around, but i dont see anything happening via trade. The most likely possibility is Pop waits until the off season and they offer him something starting at the MLE, for about 3 years. Theres no secret Sheed has one of the best basketball minds of all the players, so i dont think he would have a problem picking up plays and fitting halfway through the season, like he did in Detroit, but I cant see the Pistons taking anything from the Spurs in a trade, outside of the big 3.

galvatron3000
02-06-2009, 07:30 PM
I'm thinking the Spurs are getting a deal done because everyone expected them to resign Croshere to another 10 day contract and they didn't. Something is going on, whether or not it involves Sheed or any big name is the question but they are looking to sign someone for sure.

Ice009
02-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Joe is not that stupid. Im sure he would make you guys trade one of your big 3. But then again Joe isn't going to trade Sheed unless he gets an expiring contract and a player that can play, not a loser.(Gasol for Brown)

No disrespect but out of Tony, Manu or Duncan theres no one on your team that I would want.

Maybe we can work out some sort of three team trade where your team gets expiring contracts and a good player in return? Joe could trade Rasheed, but then Rasheed can turn around and say he's not playing for that team like he did with Atlanta. If Rasheed wants to go to the Spurs it might be in Detroit's best interest to accommodate him if they want him traded. They did it for Billups.

Most probably Detroit holds on to him though and lets his contract expire at the end of the season. It really depends if Joe wants to get something in return for him. If he wants to get something in return then I'm sure Rasheed isn't going to want to play for any team that doesn't have a chance to win it.

Ice009
02-06-2009, 08:04 PM
The spurs should have gotten Wallace when he was traded from Portland or Atlanta but hardly anyone here even wanted him at that time. That was the time to get him.

I did. When Rasheed said he's not playing for Atlanta I got excited and thought that the Spurs should try and swing a deal for him. His stock was at it's lowest then, but that didn't bother me at all. I wonder if the Spurs even tried to make a move to get him?

SenorSpur
02-06-2009, 08:21 PM

There's no doubt that Wallace represents a huge risk. He is truly an enigma. Yet his talent is very seductivem and he does come with baggage. That said, he could be the closest thing we've had since Horry left the building.

For whatever it's worth, I've read in separate interviews that Jermaine O'Neal and Zach Randolph both credit Rasheed Wallace with introducing them to the ways of NBA life, when they were in Portland. They both indicated how he "worked them over relentlessly", as rookies, at different times, in an effort to improve their game. Apparently, he was a good "practice" mentor for both of them. If Wallace truly has that type of willingness to mentor, I certainly wouldn't mind him doing the same for Ian next year.

I've often heard some of Rasheed's previous coaches refer to him as one of the "smartest players" they have ever coached. Of course, no one would know that because of his hot-headedness.

SenorSpur
02-06-2009, 08:26 PM
There's obviously huge respect between Pop and Sheed. They embrace each other whenever the Spurs and Pistons meet, and Pop has gone out of his way numerous times to praise Sheed, at one point during the 2005 season calling Sheed "a top 5 talent in the NBA".

The are some interesting scenarios going around, but i dont see anything happening via trade. The most likely possibility is Pop waits until the off season and they offer him something starting at the MLE, for about 3 years. Theres no secret Sheed has one of the best basketball minds of all the players, so i dont think he would have a problem picking up plays and fitting halfway through the season, like he did in Detroit, but I cant see the Pistons taking anything from the Spurs in a trade, outside of the big 3.

I agree that's the more likely scenario. Spurs have no assets in which to facilitate an in-season trade for Wallace. Too bad because we sure could use him now.

jdev82
02-06-2009, 08:35 PM
finley for sheed. maybe throw in bonner or hill. then we'd add hariston to our RRT players at the three as a 10th man, sheed starts at center, rmJr starts, and bbowen starts. i hope they make this shit happen.

Nathan Explosion
02-06-2009, 08:44 PM
We've been looking for a PG to groom behind Parker and now that we've got one, you want to trade Hill away?

Besides the big 3, the next "untradable" players are Mason, and Hill, with Bowen and Thomas being in the "if the deal is right" category. Everyone else is expendable for Sheed.

jdev82
02-06-2009, 08:46 PM
the way i look at it, there's 3 things to look at.

1. is sheed willing to work for less money to win a ring?
-hes currently making 13 mill.
2. if not, we will have to clear cap.
-nobody outside the big three make enough to clear!
3. are we willing to give up 1 of the big three?
-most likely tony.

SenorSpur
02-06-2009, 08:48 PM
the way i look at it, there's 3 things to look at.

1. is sheed willing to work for less money to win a ring?
-hes currently making 13 mill.
2. if not, we will have to clear cap.
-nobody outside the big three make enough to clear!
3. are we willing to give up 1 of the big three?
-most likely tony.

No need for any of that. Just wait until summer.

angelbelow
02-06-2009, 08:48 PM
well i read this thread, took a nap and dreamed about us getting sheed while keeping Duncan, parker, ginobili, hill, mason, haiston, kurt thomas and finley and everyone else went to the pistons. it felt so real... =(

jdev82
02-06-2009, 08:53 PM
No need for any of that. Just wait until summer.

no i agree with that, i read it on espns site and looked shit up. but truth be told, im hungry for a ring THIS year. lol
but sheeds work ethic is questionable. hes gained weight and hes kinda lazy in detroit. we forget hes only 33. hes not shaq. hes only a year or three divorced from his physical prime, and his mental prime, his basketaball iq is as high as ever. but the first question still remains: would he be willing to work for less. because at 10 mill plus, sheed may work for a year, but salaries may be an issue if we dont win the ring with him.

Ice009
02-06-2009, 09:02 PM
finley for sheed. maybe throw in bonner or hill. then we'd add hariston to our RRT players at the three as a 10th man, sheed starts at center, rmJr starts, and bbowen starts. i hope they make this shit happen.

Is it possible with any scenario that includes Finley that Detroit buys him out like Denver did with McDyess and we get him back on the team?

Maybe Pop can ask Michael would you be interested in a trade to Detroit if you are bought out and that brings Wallace back to the team.

Russ
02-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Rasheed Wallace is not a bad guy -- he and Pop would get along just fine.

JR Smith, now there's a bad guy -- Pop would probably kill him (and most here wanted him on the Spurs).

Ice009
02-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Rasheed Wallace is not a bad guy -- he and Pop would get along just fine.

JR Smith, now there's a bad guy -- Pop would probably kill him (and most here wanted him on the Spurs).

Pop did trade for JR Smith it's just that the league didn't accept the trade. So yeah I don't think Pop would have a problem with Rasheed.

MarHill
02-06-2009, 09:56 PM
He is not a crazy fool like Ron. He isn't a locker room cancer. He is a loudmouth. If you can get Sheed, it would be stupid not to. It shouldn't even be a discussion.

I never said he was a crazy fool like Artest. Actually, he has been a great teammate everywhere he's been. That's not the issue.

Its how he acts when things don't go his way..like foul calls and losing his cool especially in playoff games.

Again, I love his talent and if he respects Pop like I think he could..it would work. But, you can ignore the high risk factor with him though.

xellos88330
02-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Well alot of NBA players say that the Spurs locker room is much different than any other team they have been on.

Also, wasn't Mario Elie famous for his attitude?

Maybe the Spurs could use some attitude because noone really knows what the hell Tim is feeling on the court. If Sheed can learn to read Tim's mind, he could be the "voice of the Spurs".

MarHill
02-06-2009, 10:00 PM
There's no doubt that Wallace represents a huge risk. He is truly an enigma. Yet his talent is very seductivem and he does come with baggage. That said, he could be the closest thing we've had since Horry left the building.

For whatever it's worth, I've read in separate interviews that Jermaine O'Neal and Zach Randolph both credit Rasheed Wallace with introducing them to the ways of NBA life, when they were in Portland. They both indicated how he "worked them over relentlessly", as rookies, at different times, in an effort to improve their game. Apparently, he was a good "practice" mentor for both of them. If Wallace truly has that type of willingness to mentor, I certainly wouldn't mind him doing the same for Ian next year.

I've often heard some of Rasheed's previous coaches refer to him as one of the "smartest players" they have ever coached. Of course, no one would know that because of his hot-headedness.

Senor Spur,

His talent is very seductive and that's what's so maddening about him. Even though I have criticize him in this thread...I love his talent and if he played with a purpose and wanting to win, I believe you could rank him up there with Tim. He has that kind of talent.

I'm just worried he would go ballistic against the Lakers in the playoffs for example at the wrong time. That scares me!

xellos88330
02-06-2009, 10:01 PM
I would give Wallace a shot with the Spurs. I think it could be a match made in heaven. If it were to happen. And that is a HUGE.....

IF!!!

MANUUU
02-06-2009, 10:43 PM
*crosses fingers!

it's me
02-06-2009, 11:18 PM
Crap..... this shit makes one dream....

Parker
Ginobili
Bowen
Wallace
Duncan

JUST SICK!!!!!!!!!

DAF86
02-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Ok my last trade proposal (of the day) I promise.

Check this out. What do you think?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=83~2774~2805~846~3233~2769~883 ~510&teams=14~14~14~14~8~14~24~8&te=&cash=8:24

A three way deal between Spurs, Pistons and Heat.

The Heat are in need of big men so they get a bunch to pick from: Oberto, Thomas, Mahinmi and Amir Johnson plus a little experience in Bruce Bowen. Maybe a draft pick from SA to make it even more appeling for them.

Detroit wants cap space so they get Marion's 17 mil expiring contract plus Splitter rights and if needed some cash compesation.

And the Spurs land Rasheed which is the whole point of this.

StoneBuddha
02-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Senor Spur,

His talent is very seductive and that's what's so maddening about him. Even though I have criticize him in this thread...I love his talent and if he played with a purpose and wanting to win, I believe you could rank him up there with Tim. He has that kind of talent.

I'm just worried he would go ballistic against the Lakers in the playoffs for example at the wrong time. That scares me!

Yes, he represents a risk, but when you are behind and chasing the Lakers, you need to take some chances. I'd even be willing to throw in Hill if it came to that. Hill, while a huge improvement over Vaughn, isn't going to put you over the top. Rasheed very well could.

One important variable in considering a trade like this, is how much Duncan has left? I'm much less inclined to throw Hill in if I think Duncan's championship window will last another three year or four years. If that's the case, maybe you wait til the off-season and try and get Rasheed on the cheap.

Ice009
02-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Ok my last trade proposal (of the day) I promise.

Check this out. What do you think?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=83~2774~2805~846~3233~2769~883 ~510&teams=14~14~14~14~8~14~24~8&te=&cash=8:24

A three way deal between Spurs, Pistons and Heat.

The Heat are in need of big men so they get a bunch to pick from: Oberto, Thomas, Mahinmi and Amir Johnson plus a little experience in Bruce Bowen. Maybe a draft pick from SA to make it even more appeling for them.

Detroit wants cap space so they get Marion's 17 mil expiring contract plus Splitter rights and if needed some cash compesation.

And the Spurs land Rasheed which is the whole point of this.

Cool, but only if Bruce Bowen is bought out if not throw Finley in the deal instead so the Heat can buy him out cause they're probably not going to want him.

Russ
02-06-2009, 11:58 PM

The last time Rasheed saw the Lakers in the playoffs, he spanked them in the Finals.

itzsoweezee
02-07-2009, 12:05 AM
he would be awesome on the spurs, but the pistons can get better than what we can give them

Ice009
02-07-2009, 12:09 AM
he would be awesome on the spurs, but the pistons can get better than what we can give them

Or they can get nothing if Rasheed blocks the trade. I really don't think Rasheed will go to any team that can not win it. That leaves a lot less options for the Pistons.

K-State Spur
02-07-2009, 12:10 AM

The Heat have an overabundance of players whose best position is the 4. What they need is a legit 5. Those are 4 more guys whose best position is the PF.

TDMVPDPOY
02-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Cool, but only if Bruce Bowen is bought out if not throw Finley in the deal instead so the Heat can buy him out cause they're probably not going to want him.

the heat will have to sign FINLEY 100%, they have to put those posters they made for him 2 years ago too good use hahahahahahah :lmao

bigfan
02-07-2009, 12:52 AM
As a cheap FA sure, but we dont need more old guys.

tp2021
02-07-2009, 12:53 AM
As a cheap FA sure, but we dont need more old guys.

Rasheed doesn't play like an old guy.

GSH
02-07-2009, 01:04 AM
I want your Lexus. I'll trade you a Pinto, a Gremlin, and a Yugo - plus the rights to buy my grandpa's Ford Torino whenever he finally decides to quit driving. The Torino may get wrecked before you get a shot at it, but that's a chance you'll have to take. Oh, and I hope you don't mind that I still owe money on the Yugo.

Do we have a deal? What if I throw in another Pinto for parts?

None of these trades for Udoka, Vaughn, Bonner, and a box of Cracker Jacks are ever going to happen. Never. Rasheed might consider going to a contender next season for the MLE. And I think he respects the Spurs organization, and knows they would give him a shot at a ring. But this season his contract makes him out of reach for the Spurs.

Kindergarten Cop
02-07-2009, 01:16 AM
I want your Lexus. I'll trade you a Pinto, a Gremlin, and a Yugo - plus the rights to buy my grandpa's Ford Torino whenever he finally decides to quit driving. The Torino may get wrecked before you get a shot at it, but that's a chance you'll have to take. Oh, and I hope you don't mind that I still owe money on the Yugo.

Do we have a deal? What if I throw in another Pinto for parts?

Mitch Kupchak, is that you? :lol

vicphoenix13
02-07-2009, 01:33 AM
I am not sure if Rasheed would fit in with the Spurs. He is known to be lazy at times and Pop won't put up with that. Charles Barkley is right when he says that Rasheed hasn't lived up to his potential because his mind isn't always into the game.

Russ
02-07-2009, 01:57 AM
Charles Barkley is right when he says that Rasheed hasn't lived up to his potential because his mind isn't always into the game.

Sigmund Freud might call that "projection." :)

Vinnie_Johnson
02-07-2009, 02:01 AM
Stop dreaming Joe is not going to trade him for crap. Yes he would be great next to Tim but you have nothing to trade lets move on.

Kobe™
02-07-2009, 02:04 AM
Much better then the nonsensical speculation about Vince Carter.
Don't see how you can create a good trade scenario w/o including one of Duncan-Parker-Manu triplet.

TDMVPDPOY
02-07-2009, 02:06 AM
Don't see how you can create a good trade scenario w/o including one of Duncan-Parker-Manu triplet.

i prefer if there is a big team trade

vc + rasheed to the spurs for cash considerations, picks, draft rights, expiring contracts.....

the third team will sweetened the deal by unloading and shit.....

spurs then fill out the team with dleague players for the time being....

Ghazi
02-07-2009, 02:12 AM
Shoulda kept Scola.

xellos88330
02-07-2009, 02:21 AM

You never know, might get lucky like LA with Gasol. :toast

Ice009
02-07-2009, 02:25 AM
Stop dreaming Joe is not going to trade him for crap. Yes he would be great next to Tim but you have nothing to trade lets move on.

Would Joe rather get nothing in return for him? Would Rasheed accept a trade to a crap team?

Vinnie_Johnson
02-07-2009, 02:25 AM
You never know, might get lucky like LA with Gasol. :toast

Yes good point Joe has a history of making bad trades. Oh wait never mind:lol

Vinnie_Johnson
02-07-2009, 02:26 AM
Would Joe rather get nothing in return for him? Would Rasheed accept a trade to a crap team?

Yes it's called cap space.

Ice009
02-07-2009, 02:59 AM
Yes it's called cap space.

That's all I wanted to know so if Rasheed doesn't approve of any trade to a crappy team Joe's going to have to keep him and let his contract expire.

What do you think? I don't think Rasheed would accept a trade to a team that doesn't have a chance to win it. That's how you guys got him in the first place by Rasheed refusing to play for Atlanta so I think Rasheed would probably do the same thing if you tried trading him to a crappy team.

mystargtr34
02-07-2009, 03:01 AM
I think Sheed is out of there at seasons end. With him and Iverson expiring thats something like $30 million coming off the books. I would say the Pistons choose to do a mini rebuild around Stuckey and Tay, but didnt they just give Hamilton an extension?

Ghazi
02-07-2009, 04:01 AM
Stuckey and Tay ooooo shakin in my boots.

bigfish22
02-07-2009, 05:49 AM
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[RASHEED]&set=key[number],value[36]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p3851957_customback.chain]

benefactor
02-07-2009, 08:50 AM
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[RASHEED]&set=key[number],value[36]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p3851957_customback.chain]
Rasheed is not Chinese.

m33p0
02-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Rasheed is not Chinese.
he's going for a first name basis when he joins. kinda like nene.

Agloco
02-07-2009, 12:30 PM

Rasheed Wallace would be the absolute perfect compliment to Tim. Fantastic post defender which allows Timmy to patrol the weakside whilst being a dangerous perimeter threat on offense which doesn't impede on Timmy's space down low to operate. Rasheed can also be a great low post threat in his own right. The Spurs would leap above the Celtics, Lakers and Cavs with a move like that.

I can only dream.

Great analysis by MI21 but timvp hit the nail on the head. It's Sheed's instability that's gonna make Pop balk on a deal. It's too bad because Sheed is indeed the perfect compliment to Timmy with his ability to hit the three or be a low post threat when Timmy is out.

If we could keep Sheed on a Thorazine drip, I'd say go for it.

bigfish22
02-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Rasheed is not Chinese.

No I know, but NBA.com has this thing where they basically don't let you replicate the name and number of a player on another team. Like even if your last name was Jordan, you couldn't personalize a Spurs jersey with "Jordan" and "23". Unless maybe you call I don't know. But I couldn't do Wallace with a 30 or a 36. Try it.

Spur-Addict
02-07-2009, 02:21 PM
You people are nuts if you honestly think they won't take Sheed if both parties are fine with what each party gives up.

Technical fouls? Really? Alright.

m33p0
02-07-2009, 02:25 PM
sheed was extremely well-behaved (by his standards) during the piston's championship runs showing that he is capable of curtailing it when the goal is very clear and very attainable.

venitian navigator
02-07-2009, 02:32 PM
instead of wallace....is still possibe to trade for mc dyess?
given the current detrit situation, he could prefer to be traded to a team with a better chance to be a contender...

daslicer
02-07-2009, 02:40 PM
I think if it went down it would be a low risk high reward deal. Sheed is in the last year of a contract which leads me to believe he will play under control just to inflate his value during the summer time. Spurs can take advantage of this and if it works out they win another title and then let Sheed walk during the summertime.

wildbill2u
02-07-2009, 03:12 PM
The problem with Sheed and Artest is their emotional makeup which is something that is very hard for some players to control, but it can be done.

Speaking of Artest, he's certainly seems to have calmed down. I haven heard of any problems in Houston when He's been healthy enough to play and he's not starting most of the time when they can put all their first team players on the court.

Taking it to the Hole
02-07-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm all for this as long as we don't trade away our future.

Thomas
Bowen or Finley
Udoka (god help us if he'll be a major factor in our future)
Vaughn

I think that's a very good package. It gives Detroit's young team some much needed veteran leadership, gives us size and a damn good player. Best case scenario we get to keep 2/3 of Thomas, Bowen, Findog.

Remind me again why Detroit would want our oldest,most ineffective players again? We won't land Wallace with that group because we don't even want them, so how can we expect anyone else to want them?

Slinkyman
02-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Best chance Sheed comes to SA is if the Pistons find someone willing to trade with and that team buys out his contract allowing him to be a FA like what happened to McDyess, unlike McDyess i don't think he'd resign with Detroit but he would probably listen hard to the spurs offers at that point.

Lp26
02-07-2009, 06:46 PM
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090207/SPORTS0102/902070412/1265

One of the primary benefits of trading Chauncey Billups for Allen Iverson earlier this season was that it would allow the Pistons to clear more than $22 million in salary cap space this summer with the expiring contracts of Iverson and Wallace.

The plan is to use that space to restructure the roster during the next two summers. It would take an irresistible deal for Dumars to give away that cap space. Yes, trading Wallace, 34, for Phoenix forward Amare Stoudemire, 26, would be an example of an irresistible deal for the Pistons. But the Suns at this time don't have any interest in trading a young, all-star power forward for an aging one.

So, with the Feb. 19 trade deadline still 12 days away, no trades are imminent for the Pistons.

"You never know with this business," Wallace said. "I've been in this game a long time and I've seen a lot of surprising things. With me, there won't be no ill will toward anybody (if he is traded) because I know it's just part of the business. You can't take it personally."

If he had his druthers, though, Wallace would remain a Piston and see this season to its conclusion. Because, struggles aside, Wallace still feels like this is a contending team.

"I do, because we still got those three pieces from the championship team (himself, Tayshaun Prince and Richard Hamilton), and we've got some hungry young fellas and two hungry vets in Dyess (Antonio McDyess) and AI (Iverson)," Wallace said. "It's just a matter of us pulling this ship together and making the playoffs. Then we will take it from there. Once we get into the playoffs, then we can focus on making that hard run from there."

Wallace has made the playoffs the last 12 straight years, a streak he has no intention of letting end.

Ditty
02-08-2009, 12:56 AM
bump

lefty
02-08-2009, 01:05 AM
Well, Rasheed will make our team younger

Ditty
02-08-2009, 01:05 AM
and better +1

Capt Bringdown
02-08-2009, 08:09 AM
So Dial says not trade but "it's something to file away for free agency."

In other words it's a pipe dream for next year that will likely never happen.

Budkin
02-09-2009, 12:00 PM
God that would be awesome... a front line of TD and Sheed? Are you kidding me?

Spursfan092120
02-09-2009, 12:11 PM

Let's see...Rasheed will be a free agent next year. He's already said he wants to play for SA...do you trade him and get something out of it, or let him get away and get nothing?

venitian navigator
02-09-2009, 12:19 PM
If space under the cap is all they want, we may well use the "horry trick" for them...plus a 2010 first draqft choice.
Problem is we should pay the kux tax for this year....can we survive to it ?

AA2120
02-09-2009, 12:37 PM
shheeeeeeddddd!

crc21209
02-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Reggie Miller on the deal that would put the Spurs over the top

Reggie Miller joined the show to analyze all the trade talk rumbling through the NBA. Here are some of his takes:

-- Miller says if the Spurs could obtain Rasheed Wallace, they'd be the favorites to win the West (even if the Lakers get Andrew Bynum back).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/48642/index.html

EricB
02-09-2009, 07:01 PM
I would agree with that 100% as well.

Rasheed Wallace would guard Pau Gasol VERY well and Duncan would stop Bynum.

Plus Wallace is pretty clutch and would be fantastic on the perimiter with Duncan.

Like Kurt Thomas last year, I wish the Spurs could get Wallace.

I doubt it happens though.... :(

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Agreed w/ everyone hear, if the big 3 becomes the big 4 SA wins it all.

Duncan, Sheed, Manu, Parker >>> Kobe, Bynum, Gasol, Odom

crc21209
02-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Ok realistically how could the Spurs get Wallace? I dont wanna give up ANY of the Big 3, Mason, Hill, Bowen, or Thomas. Would any combo involving Udoka, Oberto, Vaughn, Finley, Mahinmi, Splitter rights, picks, cash, and the Horry scenario work?

TheSpursFNRule
02-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Ok realistically how could the Spurs get Wallace? I dont wanna give up ANY of the Big 3, Mason, Hill, Bowen, or Thomas. Would any combo involving Udoka, Vaughn, Finley, Mahinmi, Splitter rights, picks, cash, and the Horry scenario work?

Yes. Believe.:flag:

Red Hawk #21
02-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Damn, if you guys could get wallace...

crc21209
02-09-2009, 07:08 PM
God I hope this happens, can you imagine a line-up of:

PG- TP/Hill
SG- Manu/Mason
SF- Bowen, Finley (unless traded)
PF and C- TD/Sheed/Thomas/Bonner

EricB
02-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Damn, if you guys could get wallace...

Yeah getting Wallace would make this probobly the best Spurs team they've ever had.

Rip-Hamilton32
02-09-2009, 07:10 PM
lol detroit wouldn't give sheed up for some bench warmers

EricB
02-09-2009, 07:12 PM
lol detroit wouldn't give sheed up for some bench warmers

Who do you think they are gonna get?

Whos the team willing to throw a superstar at them for Wallace?

Rip-Hamilton32
Who do you think they are gonna get?

Whos the team willing to throw a superstar at them for Wallace?

with his expiring contract and his skill we could get a decent player in return

Red Hawk #21
Yeah getting Wallace would make this probobly the best Spurs team they've ever had.

:toast

TheSpursFNRule
02-09-2009, 07:13 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=883~242~2774~2805~846~866~874&teams=24~8~8~8~8~8~8&te=&cash=8:24

say you replaced Finley with Horry on this trade to make the numbers work out.....Haha just a dream. :king

DPG21920
02-09-2009, 07:14 PM
with his expiring contract and his skill we could get a decent player in return

Keep hoping. No team is going to give up a young player with skill for an old player with skill who is just a rental. No way Detroit trades Wallace. They will just let him expire and sign someone using the money next year.

DAF86
02-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Reggie Miller on the deal that would put the Spurs over the top

Reggie Miller joined the show to analyze all the trade talk rumbling through the NBA. Here are some of his takes:

-- Miller says if the Spurs could obtain Rasheed Wallace, they'd be the favorites to win the West (even if the Lakers get Andrew Bynum back).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/48642/index.html

I agree with Miller's statement. And giving that this trade could be the difference for us between a championship and a WC finals. I think the Spurs FO should throw everything they have on trying to make it work:

The Pistons want expiring contracts so Vaughn, Udoka and Finley (we tell the Pistons to let him go and sign him back) are assets, Horry could come in handy too. You know how much can we sign him for to make the salaries match?

-Then give Detroit things like: Splitter's rights, Mahinmi, a 1st round pick and maybe some cash compesation to make it more desirable for them.

I think Dumars will go for this what do you think?

tp2021
02-09-2009, 07:15 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=883~242~2774~2805~846~866~874&teams=24~8~8~8~8~8~8&te=&cash=8:24

say you replaced Finley with Horry on this trade to make the numbers work out.....Haha just a dream. :king

I wouldn't say so. Riding into the playoffs with only 3 bigmen doesn't excite me.

DPG21920
02-09-2009, 07:16 PM

You do realize that you can only have 15 players on the roster? That means the Pistons would have to spend a lot of money buying guys out or cut about 5 guys from the current team.

Rip-Hamilton32
02-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Keep hoping. No team is going to give up a young player with skill for an old player with skill who is just a rental. No way Detroit trades Wallace. They will just let him expire and sign someone using the money next year.

maybe not but they could get more then that offer from crc