DAF86
04-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Too expensive.

AussieFanKurt
04-29-2009, 10:13 PM
agreed

EricB
04-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Game declining, ball hog, doesn't have the same fire anymore.

No thanks.

DAF86
04-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Game declining, ball hog, doesn't have the same fire anymore.

No thanks.

This made me LOL.

TDMVPDPOY
04-30-2009, 01:03 AM
ericb any negative feedback of argy players, expect the wrath of the argy fans replyin

DAF86
04-30-2009, 01:22 AM
ericb any negative feedback of argy players, expect the wrath of the argy fans replyin

See how I didn't say anything from the other two things he said, smart boy.

urunobili
05-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Would the Kings be interested in dumping his horrible contract for Bowen/Oberto/Mason or similar?

mountainballer
05-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Would the Kings be interested in dumping his horrible contract for Bowen/Oberto/Mason or similar?

IMO there is a very good chance that this happens, if the Spurs offer Fab+Bruce. although I don't think he is their plan A. maybe this move is the 3rd or 4th option.
however, it's not a bad idea, neither is his contract that bad. sure. his salary is decreasing, he will make 7.5 next season, then 6.8 then 6.6, the last year is a TO. not exactly a bargain, but considering how many below average players, who make about 3-4 millions the Spurs have stockpiled, I rather have Nocioni for 7.5, than Bonner plus Fab for the same money.

Ice009
05-18-2009, 09:44 AM
See how I didn't say anything from the other two things he said, smart boy.

Do you agree with what EricB said apart from the ballhog bit?

I thought he did really well in the Olympics. What happened this last season? Did he have injuries or was he not motivated playing on a crap team?

mountainballer
05-18-2009, 10:03 AM
I thought he did really well in the Olympics. What happened this last season? Did he have injuries or was he not motivated playing on a crap team?

??? he struggled with the Bulls, like the whole Bulls team was a disaster in the first half of the season.
but after the trade, he did quite well for the Kings IMO. 13.7 PPG and 6 RPG, 44% 3s. and even after being traded to one of the two crappiest teams in the league, he played his ass off. again, I can see other players who would help us more. but if we end up with Nocioni for some of our dead meat contracts, I will also be pretty happy.

Mark in Austin
06-13-2009, 10:41 AM
The Spurs could do a lot worse. High basketball IQ, chemistry with Manu, will never be accused of folding under pressure like Bonner.

Like Mountainballer pointed out, his salary is actually structured to decrease over the next couple years. He'll be 32 at the start of his last fully guaranteed year of the deal.

Maybe not the first option to persue this summer, but I wouldn't complain.

loveforthegame
06-13-2009, 12:23 PM
I don't see the Kings giving him up just yet. He really helped light a fire under the team when he arrived which was sorely needed. They like players who hustle and leave it all out on the floor like he does.

I'd be surprised if they move him so soon.

Bruno
07-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Kings have quite drafted his carbon copy with Casspi and they really need cap space in 2010 to make a FA push. I think he is very available.

He is now on the top of my list for trade target. I have some doubts about his health but I think he is worth the risk.

My dream end of the season would be :
Spurs trade Finley+Bonner+Williams for Nocioni
Spurs re-sign Bruce for the min.

Spurs active roster: Parker, Hill, Mason, Ginobili, Jefferson, Bowen, Nocioni, Duncan, McDyess, Blair, Mahinmi and Haislip.
IL: McClintock and Hairston.
Keep the 15th roster spot open.

Tully365
07-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Game declining,

Last season Nocioni registered the best 3PT% of his entire career, the highest assist, steals, and blocks totals of his career, a better FG% than he had the previous two seasons, and the second best rebounding average of his career. I can understand if you don't like him, but I don't see any indication that his game is declining.

objective
07-11-2009, 07:30 PM
He'd make Manu happy, now that Oberto's gone.

And he can play some smallball 4, better than Finley that's for sure.

But as little as I care for Bonner, I wonder if he might be worth keeping. I must be losing my mind.

mosdef17
07-11-2009, 08:09 PM
I would only really welcome this trade if it was accompanied by a signing of another big (which we would probably obviously need). A trade of Williams, Bonner and Finley would work. You may ask whats in it for the Kings but this trade would save them around $15m. Including $7m extra for next offseason where they could look to pair Kevin Martin with another very solid player to go with Spencer Hawes, Tyreke Evans, Jason Thompson... Anyway thats for them to worry about. I would like his trade and then use the LLE to sign Rasho back or someone similar. Suddenly the following team looks really scary.

Parker
-Hill/McClinton

Mason
-Ginobili/McClinton/Hairston

Jefferson
-Nocioni

Duncan
-Blair/Nocioni/Haislip

McDyess
-Nesterovic/Mahinmi

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Kings have quite drafted his carbon copy with Casspi and they really need cap space in 2010 to make a FA push. I think he is very available.

He is now on the top of my list for trade target. I have some doubts about his health but I think he is worth the risk.

Spurs active roster: Parker, Hill, Mason, Ginobili, Jefferson, Bowen, Nocioni, Duncan, McDyess, Blair, Mahinmi and Haislip.

That deal would allow the Kings to cut approximately $1.8 mil off their payroll for the 2009-10 season and $13.5 mil after that. Nocioni would be a great fit in SA, backing up Jefferson and being the small ball 4.

I could see the Spurs balking at taking on his contract, but it's now or never and they have been selecting the "now" option lately.

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Last season Nocioni registered the best 3PT% of his entire career, the highest assist, steals, and blocks totals of his career, a better FG% than he had the previous two seasons, and the second best rebounding average of his career. I can understand if you don't like him, but I don't see any indication that his game is declining.

True. Man, he'd be a great fit. Maybe RC and Pop can get Peter drunk on some Cuervo again.

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Starters
1 Parker
2 Ginobili
3 Jefferson
4 Duncan
5 McDyess

Bench
1 Hill
2 Mason
2/3 Bowen
3/4 Nocioni
4 Blair
4 Haislip
4/5 Mahinmi

IR
1/2 McClinton
2/3 Hairston
4 Gist

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2009, 08:46 PM
I could see the Spurs opting to make a run at Raja Bell and re-signing Bowen. That would make sense as the financial commitment to Bell is much less than Nocioni. Of course, would the Bobcats be willing to move Bell? I'd think the Spurs would have to offer them a pick or cash.

mosdef17
07-11-2009, 08:48 PM

Totally Agreed. I think that 15th roster spot should be used for Rasho Nesterovic for the LLE and call it an offseason. Either Rasho or another big man around 7 foot to defend the paint and give Duncan a rest. We need someone to patrol the paint and take fouls so Duncan doesn't have to.

My only disagreement is I don't think it's THAT much of a risk. We would only be giving up Finley, Bonner and Williams which is really not that much of a loss. Regardless of if the trade happens or not I still think we still need another 7 footer inside cause Bonner defensive deficiencies are too great.

Also, am I the only one on this forum that thinks the Bowen era should just be laid to rest? It's OVER. He was fantastic for us, but we need to go in a new direction.

Ice009
07-11-2009, 09:29 PM
I agree with Bruno here. Nocioni would be my number one choice right now if the Spurs can get him and Bell second.

I did not like Rasho at all last time he was here, but that was mainly due to his contract. If he hasn't lost a step I would really like to have Rasho back at the LLE. I really do appreciate Rasho's defensive awareness and his ability to play with out Tim on the court and anchor the defense, even more so after the last couple of seasons with our defense not being at a very high level.

Nocioni would be awesome on the Spurs as either a back up SF or small ball PF. You could even start Nocioni at PF depending on certain match-ups. Nocioni would play his ass off here. I'm pretty sure he said the Spurs are one of the teams he would love to play for. He would be a great fit and I think his contract, although a little challenging financially, would be worth it.

Chieflion
07-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Nocioni's contract is frontloaded, which makes him easier to deal in the future.

mosdef17
07-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Nocioni's contract is backloaded, which makes him easier to deal in the future.

It's Frontloaded... decreases each year..

Ice009
07-11-2009, 11:25 PM

If it was Backloaded then that would have been very hard to trade.

So it is definitely Frontloaded? If that is the case then that is awesome! Spurs should try and get Nocioni right now.

Hemotivo
07-11-2009, 11:37 PM
he'll be playing for Argentina again

Ice009
07-11-2009, 11:43 PM
he'll be playing for Argentina again

You think the Spurs wouldn't want him because of that?

Hemotivo
07-12-2009, 12:57 AM
You think the Spurs wouldn't want him because of that?
maybe; i don't think so
but
i know he'll try to play for the A.Nat.Team

Chieflion
07-12-2009, 01:01 AM
Sorry, typo error.

mosdef17
07-12-2009, 03:00 AM
I think a trade for Andres Nocioni would cap off an amazing offseason. I still think we have 1 more move to make mainly because we have too many contracted players and a couple of contracts that the Spurs would know would be better used in a trade then the players actually taking to the court (Finley and Bonner). Say the Spurs pull off a trade for Andres Nocioni and give up Finley, Bonner and Williams, (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kmuyxo), it would give us another energy, hustle defensive minded player that would solidify the second unit. If this trade was made, we would still have the LLE which I think should be used on someone like Rasho or another big body defender to take some pressure away from Timmy.

This got me thinking, if this trade was to be pulled off, would we have the most energetic and talented second unit in the league? Assuming Manu Ginobili continues to come off the bench.

PG: George Hill
SG: Manu Ginobili
SF: Andres Nocioni
PF: DeJuan Blair
C: LLE/Rasho

Another good thing that would come from Nocioni is I think if we pair DeJuan with an oversized small forward that can help on the inside, it would mean any disadvantage (if any) from DeJuan being 6'7 would be a little counterbalanced by Noc'. I'd love to have Nocioni for those small ball games. He would be great to have slot in next to Parker, Manu, R-Jeff and then Duncan. We got rid of one Argentine, we need another!

venitian navigator
07-12-2009, 05:03 AM
I really like this trade for Nocioni...plus the chance of Rasho and Bowen coming back.
Maybe ther's too many players for not enough minutes, but they look all like good character end experiece players, that could translate in a lot to learnig during the season for our young ones.
I see, for exemple, Rasho (obvioulsy together with Tim) like a "good master" for Ian and Blair.
Bowen the same for Hairston and Gist.
I wouldn't mind to sign Voughn like an assistent coach to have the same role for Mc Clinton...(and, in the not so distant future, De Colo).

The only problem would be that re-sogning all three there we will be 16 instead of the possible 15...

Bruno
07-12-2009, 05:17 AM
Totally Agreed. I think that 15th roster spot should be used for Rasho Nesterovic for the LLE and call it an offseason. Either Rasho or another big man around 7 foot to defend the paint and give Duncan a rest. We need someone to patrol the paint and take fouls so Duncan doesn't have to.

I rather keep he 15th roster spot open and gives as much playing time to Blair/Mahinmi as possible. If they fail, Spurs can still add a vet big waived by another team at the trade deadline.

Keeping a roster spot open will also allow Spurs to sign a player to a short term contract in case of an injury. You have also the financial aspect. Signing a player for the LLE will cost $4M to the owner.

Saying that, we're talking about the end of the bench guy so it isn't a big deal.

Darkwaters
07-12-2009, 05:18 AM
The Nocioni trade is my favorite model out there. It just makes too much sense. I remember all the talk of trading Scola to the Bulls to swing Nocioni over this way a few years ago. Point is that this guy would be great in a Spurs uni.

I think before you really take a swing at bringing in Nocioni though you look at James Gist a little closer. Let SL and training camp play out and see if Gist has the ability to play on the wing and contribute now. If Gist is capable of contribution NOW then I think you look elsewhere other than Nocioni. But if Gist is not up to par then I think you reconsider Andres. I doubt Nocioni is really a highly valued trade target right now to teams other than SA, so sitting on the trade shouldn't be a concern.

Ice009
07-12-2009, 07:00 AM
The Nocioni trade is my favorite model out there. It just makes too much sense. I remember all the talk of trading Scola to the Bulls to swing Nocioni over this way a few years ago. Point is that this guy would be great in a Spurs uni.

I think before you really take a swing at bringing in Nocioni though you look at James Gist a little closer. Let SL and training camp play out and see if Gist has the ability to play on the wing and contribute now. If Gist is capable of contribution NOW then I think you look elsewhere other than Nocioni. But if Gist is not up to par then I think you reconsider Andres. I doubt Nocioni is really a highly valued trade target right now to teams other than SA, so sitting on the trade shouldn't be a concern.

If the trade we to be available now, why would you wait? Nocioni really would be awesome on the Spurs.

mosdef17
07-12-2009, 08:26 AM
I'm all for it too happening now, if we can secure someone like Nocioni and only lose some more spare parts again like the RJ trade but this time we lose Bonner, Finley and williams why not do it now? It's not like Gist is going anywhere, he will be around. We could have both. Also, I'd rather not throw Gist right in the deep end, not too confident playing rookies deep into the playoffs especially against a team like the Lakers.

Darkwaters
07-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Expirings are a worthy thing to have around. If we pass on someone like Noc it only opens the door for someone else to potentially slide in.

If Gist can fill the role admirably then why not plug another gap with those expirings? It'd be cheaper, help us more in the long-run, and would give us that much more flexibility.

urunobili
07-12-2009, 12:53 PM
It'd be too much of a dream.. I don't even want to wish it not to hurt my own expectations...

mosdef17
07-12-2009, 10:40 PM
It'd be too much of a dream.. I don't even want to wish it not to hurt my own expectations...

Sounds just like the RJ thread 3 weeks ago! Or the Draft Prospect: DeJuan Blair thread!

Mark in Austin
07-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Everybody wanting this to happen should be praying to the good juju gods that Omri Casspi plays like a madman for the Kings. I think the only way the Kings trade away Noc's toughness is if they have a badass at the same position ready to compete now.

It would be fun to have players nicknamed "Red Bull" and "The Beast" on the same team...

angelbelow
07-29-2009, 02:20 AM
motherfucker... i had a dream during my afternoon nap that we got noc for bonner and finley lol. i woke up all excited...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-01-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm pretty sure Sacto like him a lot.

Bonner/Finley/Williams/pick for Nocioni would be great, but I don't see it happening.

spursfan #20
08-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Does Nocioni for finley and bonner work?

ChumpDumper
08-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Never heard of him.

hater
08-04-2009, 03:50 PM
ballhog???

what a dumbass

sprrs
08-04-2009, 03:55 PM
If there were any chance of this happening, they Spurs should pursue it immediately. Nocioni would be a great option for guarding the Dirk and Odom types out there.

MaNu4Tres
09-25-2009, 06:00 PM
If Bogans proves to the FO that Mason is expendable.

Mason/ Finley/ Mahimni for Nocioni.

lotr1trekkie
09-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Nocioni is cut from the same cloth as Manu. He would be a terrific addition & wouldn't require Jefferson to play 34 minutes. I still believe we need another big if Ian can't contribute 10 minutes a game.

MaNu4Tres
09-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Nocioni is cut from the same cloth as Manu. He would be a terrific addition & wouldn't require Jefferson to play 34 minutes. I still believe we need another big if Ian can't contribute 10 minutes a game.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135461&page=5

See posts # 125

Cherry
09-25-2009, 08:29 PM
motherfucker... i had a dream during my afternoon nap that we got noc for bonner and finley lol. i woke up all excited...

:lol

SpurNation
09-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Slow down people. Take a breath. Nocioni doesn't provide what the team already has in it's roster now. Don't get me wrong...I've always liked him...but really...how would he fit any differently than with who the team has now?

You're asking that the Spurs give up expiring contracts for what...a player that essentially gives you the same thing only to have to be committed to that player longer than who we would give up?

If this trade scenario was for a proven b/u PG I might just agree. Too bad Ramon Sessions wasn't a target...he signed with the T-wolves for just a little over 4 mil per. That would have been a great deal.

coyotes_geek
09-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Slow down people. Take a breath. Nocioni doesn't provide what the team already has in it's roster now. Don't get me wrong...I've always liked him...but really...how would he fit any differently than with who the team has now?

You're asking that the Spurs give up expiring contracts for what...a player that essentially gives you the same thing only to have to be committed to that player longer than who we would give up?

If this trade scenario was for a proven b/u PG I might just agree. Too bad Ramon Sessions wasn't a target...he signed with the T-wolves for just a little over 4 mil per. That would have been a great deal.

Agreed. I like Nocioni, but he and RJ play the same position. Plus, if Sacramento really wants to move him they can do a lot better than some expiring contracts.

Chieflion
09-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Agreed. I like Nocioni, but he and RJ play the same position. Plus, if Sacramento really wants to move him they can do a lot better than some expiring contracts.
Not really. Nocioni is a dead weight contract at this point. Expirings are all that are needed.

coyotes_geek
09-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Not really. Nocioni is a dead weight contract at this point. Expirings are all that are needed.

They can get expirings from teams that also have draft picks or players that Sacramento can use beyond this year. They don't have to settle for whatever Finley/Bonner package the Spurs can come up with. Now if the Spurs were willing to toss in Hill, then they might get the Kings attention.

Chieflion
09-25-2009, 11:38 PM
They can get expirings from teams that also have draft picks or players that Sacramento can use beyond this year. They don't have to settle for whatever Finley/Bonner package the Spurs can come up with. Now if the Spurs were willing to toss in Hill, then they might get the Kings attention.
How would Hill get the Kings' attention? The Tyreke Evans experiment has not even started yet.

coyotes_geek
09-25-2009, 11:42 PM
How would Hill get the Kings' attention? The Tyreke Evans experiment has not even started yet.

Doesn't matter. Hill is an asset and Sacramento is a team in dire need of assets.

MaNu4Tres
09-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Mason/ Finley/ Mahimni would be enough to lure Nocioni from Sac.

coyotes_geek
09-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Mason/ Finley/ Mahimni would be enough to lure Nocioni from Sac.

No it wouldn't. Finley and Mason are gone in a year and no one, Spurs included, know if Mahinmi can play.

MaNu4Tres
09-25-2009, 11:52 PM
You have your opinion and I have mine.

Sacramento would have Mason's bird rights and Mahimni is about to be only 23 years old and has shown signs of real NBA potential by making all D-League 1st team a year ago.

If you put Mahimni in last years draft being that he's 22 he would have gone in the top 7 above Jordan Hill.

MaNu4Tres
09-26-2009, 12:05 AM

Because he can do everything well ( Something none of our wings that are relevent outside of RJ and Manu can do), including shooting the 3 pointer.

Nocioni can defend, rebound, contest shots, hit the 3 pointer, create off the dribble, remain active on the defensive end in passing lanes and from weakside defense, and is active off the ball offensively. Not to mention he competes on both ends of the floor with a tenacity this team lacked in recent years.

On the other hand Mason brings spot up shooting and the ability to take a one or two dribble pull up in screen and roll opportunities against lazy and pathetic teams ( when they go under the screen non-chalontly ( the good teams hedge or go over the screen and make Mason pass or force him to put it on the floor, which lead to turnovers). Mason can't do anything else well. Same goes for Finley. Bogans can defend but with Mason and Finley here he's irrelevant because he won't see the floor with Mason and Finley here. Same goes for Hairston and Williams.

Spurs don't need a back up PG. And why would you use your trading assets for a guy that will only see 14 minutes at the most a game? George Hill is more than able to play the PG position 13-16 minutes a game.

I'm pretty sure Pop and R.C agree with this by spending the past 2-3 months trading/ drafting/ signing players that don't play the PG position. ( And no Jerrells( training camp fodder) doesn't count). That all indicates the PG position is fine with Tony playing 33-35 minutes and Hill providing him rest 12-16 minutes a game.

Pop and R.C's actions make your point a failure with all due respect.

coyotes_geek
09-26-2009, 12:25 AM
You have your opinion and I have mine.

Sacramento would have Mason's bird rights and Mahimni is about to be only 23 years old and has shown signs of real NBA potential by making all D-League 1st team a year ago.

If you put Mahimni in last years draft being that he's 22 he would have gone in the top 7 above Jordan Hill.

Sacramento is going to have cap space next offseason and hanging on to Mason's Bird rights would just eat into their capspace. They'd renounce Mason.

And Mahinmi as a top 7 draft pick??? :wow Mahinmi doesn't have near the skills that Jordan HIll has.

MaNu4Tres
09-26-2009, 12:32 AM
Sacramento is going to have cap space next offseason and hanging on to Mason's Bird rights would just eat into their capspace. They'd renounce Mason.

And Mahinmi as a top 7 draft pick??? :wow Mahinmi doesn't have near the skills that Jordan HIll has.

And Sacramento would have 7.5 million more in capspace if this deal would be done. And your overrating Jordan Hill. Mahimni would have been a higher pick than him if he was in last years draft.

I think the Kings would really consider Mason/ Finley/ Mahimni. They definitely wouldn't hang up right away.

coyotes_geek
09-26-2009, 12:34 AM
Fair enough. Agree to disagree. I think if that if a deal like that was all that it would take to get Nocioni out of Sacramento he would have been moved a long time ago.

MaNu4Tres
09-26-2009, 12:38 AM

Teams out of title contention usually value expiring contracts more so than just adding similiar talent that takes up the same cap space because it would just be a sideways move for the business side of things and for the standings.

Teams out of contention tend to want to shed salary asap to for rebuilding reasons. That has become apparent for many lottery teams basically trading quality players for expirings.

At the same time the only teams that want to really add on salary are teams that have a leginament shot at a title. You didn't see players with a high salary or an expensive salary with multiple years left being traded from lottery teams to lottery teams. (except the from the idiot in Memphis who got laughed at by his peers on ESPN, FOX, ect for basically contradicting himself from trading Gasol for nothing then to using Gasol's salary to trade some expirings for the biggest ball hog at the PF position.)

DAF86
09-26-2009, 01:07 AM
I'd like to have Nocioni on the Spurs but he wouldn't solve any of our problems, I'd much rather use our trade assets in a good bigman.

exstatic
09-26-2009, 01:35 AM

Doesn't matter. Hill is an asset and Sacramento is a team in dire need of assets.

You just don't get it. Outside of a few title contenders, NO ONE is taking on longer contracts than they are giving out.

Sacramento just got turned down for an NCAA regional. So, their arena is substandard, their team is substandard, and they are hemorrhaging money. They need contract offloadage, and now. There are rumors they may have to move.

crc21209
09-26-2009, 02:53 AM
I'd like to have Nocioni on the Spurs but he wouldn't solve any of our problems, I'd much rather use our trade assets in a good bigman.

Agreed. :tu. We already have RJ, Bogans, Fin (if not traded), and Hairston at that spot. If we can get another quality big man, we are good to go...

Manufan909
09-26-2009, 05:00 AM
I think Timmy/Dice/Blair/Ian/Bonner/Haislip/Theo work for the big department, as long as one or the two new guys (by new I mean young) work out. If Finley/Bonner got traded for Noc, I believe the Spurs could only benefit. I'd throw Williams in there, but everyone here has me terrified MW is pretty much a given if it comes down to him and Hairston.:depressed

ceperez
09-26-2009, 07:21 AM
A Bonner/(Finley or Mason) trade is likely here.

A win win for both teams. The Kings unload cap space, we get a more versatile player than any of these one dimensional players.

coyotes_geek
09-26-2009, 09:52 AM
You just don't get it. Outside of a few title contenders, NO ONE is taking on longer contracts than they are giving out.

Sacramento just got turned down for an NCAA regional. So, their arena is substandard, their team is substandard, and they are hemorrhaging money. They need contract offloadage, and now. There are rumors they may have to move.

We'll just have to wait and see whether or not the Kings end up giving away Nocioni for nothing more than expiring contracts.

kobyz
09-26-2009, 11:30 AM
if we could get Nocioni for Mason + Bonner i dont see a reason to not doing it, Nocioni salarie for this season = Mason + Bonner salaries for this season and Nocioni as more value from both, he can help us more than Mason + Bonner, he can play the role of Bonner last season and do it better and he will really improve our bench.
after that season Nocioni as two more season in his contract for $6,850,000 and $6,650,000 which is not too bad, Nocioni could give good value for those two years and the Spurs anyway will spend those money on someone and not sure the Spurs will find better option!

HarlemHeat37
09-26-2009, 12:42 PM
If we're going to take back a long-term contract for a SF, I'd rather just take Stephen Jackson for a little more $..I don't think either will happen right now, maybe revisit at the deadline and see how we look..

TIMMYD!
09-26-2009, 03:06 PM
If we're going to take back a long-term contract for a SF, I'd rather just take Stephen Jackson for a little more $..I don't think either will happen right now, maybe revisit at the deadline and see how we look..

Agreed:tu, we need a shotblocker

iManu
09-27-2009, 12:12 PM
I'd say that have to trade him this year, though, eventually. :toast

kobyz
09-28-2009, 06:50 AM
also Nocioni may be a motivation for Manu to sign extension next summer for less money!

ace3g
01-02-2010, 02:36 AM
I don't usually post things like this but since he is on my fantasy team, and have started to notice his drastic decline in minutes played over the last 3 games (none of which were because of foul trouble), especially tonight against the lakers where he only played 6 minutes, and is someone who would match up well against their size;

I have a feeling that Nocioni might be on the trade block, especially since it looks like the Kings like what they have in Casspi who they might think is a younger cheaper version of Nocioni.

So I wouldn't be surprised if we start to hear his name in some trade rumors soon and or near the trade deadline....

oh and he had another small appearance vs the Lakers tonight, and the Kings have started to use smaller rotations (7-8) players over these last couple of games

draft87
01-02-2010, 03:26 AM
I don't usually post things like this but since he is on my fantasy team, and have started to notice his drastic decline in minutes played over the last 3 games (none of which were because of foul trouble), especially tonight against the lakers where he only played 6 minutes, and is someone who would match up well against their size;

I have a feeling that Nocioni might be on the trade block, especially since it looks like the Kings like what they have in Casspi who they might think is a younger cheaper version of Nocioni.

So I wouldn't be surprised if we start to hear his name in some trade rumors soon and or near the trade deadline....

oh and he had another small appearance vs the Lakers tonight, and the Kings have started to use smaller rotations (7-8) players over these last couple of games

That's a valid point, but I would think a rebuilding team like the Kings would want to showcase a player they are getting ready to trade rather than limit his minutes. They'll want to get maximum trade value for Nocioni.

I will point out a minor stat that could influence his playing time for at least tonight(not explaining the prior two games)
Tonight he was the only Kings player out of the six that attempted a 3pt shot(all that attempted, did at least twice)to have not shot at least 50% from the arc(He was 0-4). The Kings were riding a high scoring shoot out with the Lakers. They were going with the hot shooters. Everybody was at least 1-2 while Casspi went 3-4 and Hawes was 4-5

draft87
01-02-2010, 03:38 AM
actually, I got really curious and checked out his stats.

First of all, I agree there's a decent chance we'll hear more trade talk towards February. We already heard a bit early in the season, I think November.

Tonight he played 9-10 minutes. Previous two games were 21 and 25. Two before that were 6 and 7. Looking at the whole season his minutes have been all over the place but average out to just about his career average.
25.4 career - 23.7 this season= 1.7 minutes per game less.

I really think that coach Westphal is not settled on rotations most of all. I've seen all kinds of lineups throughout the season. There's even been games where he played his starters reserve level minutes and played his bench starter level minutes.

And now that I think of it, the two games where Nocioni played 6 and 7 minutes were the two tightly fought games against Cleveland(overtime) and LA Lakers(double overtime). The starters played heavy minutes and rarely went to the bench. With that in mind, I'd hold off on trade speculation until you hear it from the team.

objective
01-02-2010, 03:53 AM
Casspi's already better than Nocioni, regardless of salary or showcasing or unsettled rotations.

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2010, 03:57 AM
Nocioni hasn't really impressed me this season..

MaNu4Tres
01-02-2010, 06:40 AM

Spurs Brazil
01-02-2010, 08:30 AM

Me too. I saw 7 or 8 Kings games this season and he was bad in all of them

Chieflion
01-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Nocioni sucks this season. It doesn't help when the player playing his position, Casspi, is playing better than him.

loveforthegame
01-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Nocioni isn't playing all that well this season. Casspi and Greene are playing extremely well so it's not a surprise to see Nocioni's minutes down. Udoka and Brockmann are even playing better than him. Garcia is expected back soon so I don't see Nocioni catching a break in the rotation.

The Kings are probably more willing to trade him now that they see what others can do.

rapliketp
01-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Kings would gladly accept any expiring contracts for Nocioni.

Brazil
01-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Nocioni sucks this season. It doesn't help when the player playing his position, Casspi, is playing better than him.

+1

I'm following Casspi he is playing decently well and he can be used at every damn position sg sf pf

DAF86
01-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Casspi is turning into one of my favorite players.

tav1
01-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Kings would gladly accept any expiring contracts for Nocioni.

It will take more than a willingness to part with expiring contracts; they'll have to sweeten the pot. Casspi is probably asking for too much, but a team might be able to get Greene out of the deal.