Bruno
05-01-2009, 09:02 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_walter_herrmann.jpg

Walter Herrmann | F
Born: Jun 26, 1979
Height: 6-9 / 2,06
Weight: 225 lbs. / 102,1 kg.
Years Pro: 2

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/walter_herrmann/index.html)

RFA

Marcus Bryant
05-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Is this not the 3rd offseason he would be a RFA? I'd like to see what he could do in SA.

Mark in Austin
05-01-2009, 12:10 PM
I've always really liked his potential in the Spurs system - my question is about his mindset these days. After going through so much in his personal life the last couple years, is he just going through the motions on the court?

Can any Detroit posters comment? I think I remember him once saying there was no joy in basketball for him anymore.

EricB
05-01-2009, 12:13 PM
how long can a guy be freakin restricted?

DAF86
05-01-2009, 07:19 PM
At least with him we wouldn't have the issue of him playing for his national team in the summer.

MagnusKrauss
05-02-2009, 04:43 AM
Another guy I've thought would be great for the Spurs. But after watching him, I agree that he doesn't seem to be interested in playing anymore. Could it be the environment in Detroit?

Cant_Be_Faded
05-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Argie? Eh...no thanks.

TMIMITW
05-02-2009, 02:26 PM
In Argentina, the bride's mother accompanies the bride and groom on their honeymoon and inspects the bed linens the morning after to confirm that she had never before been with a man before that night. Positive confirmation reduces the amount of the dowry by half.

mountainballer
06-25-2009, 07:55 AM
http://www.detnews.com/article/20090625/SPORTS0102/906250422/1127/sports0102/Joe-Dumars-has-salary-cap-space-he-wanted

Out of town

The Pistons will not make a qualifying offer to forward Walter Herrmann , making him an unrestricted free agent on July 1. He is expected to play in Europe.

as mentioned, he will get some nice offers in Europe, likely from Spain.
but Spurs should still offer him a minimum contract. who knows, maybe he is interested to join Manu. for small money he would be a nice 11th or 12 man.

urunobili
06-25-2009, 08:32 AM
a 6'9 three? I'd gamble with the minimum possible.. he wants to stay in the US...

MB20
06-25-2009, 09:21 AM
I think Walter has lost all passion for the game, which is understandable after all he has gone through.

coyotes_geek
06-25-2009, 09:31 AM
I feel bad for Hermann. He could have been a solid contributor to some team in the right situation, but it never worked out for him.

And unfortunately I don't think the Spurs are the right situation for him either.

Marcus Bryant
06-25-2009, 09:37 AM
If they can address the bigman rotation without using the LLE, I'd like to see what he can do in SA.

MB20
06-25-2009, 10:00 AM
If they can address the bigman rotation without using the LLE, I'd like to see what he can do in SA.

He could dunk naked...:lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cza2yIk_yU

Tully365
06-26-2009, 03:30 PM
The personal tragedy he has endured is one of the saddest stories I've read in years. I hope he has great success in the future.

On a happier note, the video from the post above is hilarious.

EricB
06-26-2009, 04:08 PM
This guy would be a fantastic Udoka replacement.

Couldn't hurt.

MaNu4Tres
06-26-2009, 04:14 PM
This guy would be a fantastic Udoka replacement.

Couldn't hurt.

Or Carney.

bigdog
06-26-2009, 06:42 PM
I can see him as being a backup 3. The dude is talented, and I think he should have a shot at being a contributor on a contender, maybe the Spurs. I think he's better then Udoka. I believe he retired from international play so he could keep playing in the US. I would like to try him out on this team.

DAF86
06-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Great offensive player, he can shoot the 3, atack the basket and finish pretty well (and fancy). He kinda sucks at defense, but he can help at the boards from the SF and even SG positions.

Blackjack
06-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Good player.

He shoots the 3, can get to the rim a little bit, hustles, and generally knows how to play the game, so I wouldn't be against the Spurs giving him a shot if they've got a spot to fill. (He must have some pretty huge hands with the way he's able to maneuver the ball.)

Plus, he's got a name that will surely be butchered by the local and national media, so he should fit right in.

HarlemHeat37
06-27-2009, 12:29 AM
His hands are massive..

I wouldn't mind Herrman off the bench at all..the reports are that he's going to Europe though..maybe Manu can give him a call..

Blackjack
06-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Yeah, Manu's in need of an Argentinian replacement...

hater
07-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Spurs should seriously consider this guy. No way he is staying in Detroit. I'd rather have him than Delfino.

nkdlunch
07-04-2009, 12:31 PM
the white Dr. J as Udoka replacement. Sounds good

get him and Dice and call it an offseason.

T2oc16Vqwsc

BackHome
07-04-2009, 01:40 PM
I agree I think putting him back with Manu would be a huge help to probably both players. The guy does a little bit of everything and would be a HUGE improvement over Ime Udoka! I also love his passion for the game and that is what I want to see more of our players playing with a little attitude.

If we can't get Sheed then get Herman and Zaza/Dice...but Sheed and Herman would be sweet.

C. Sheed/Ian/Bonner
PF. Duncan/Herman/Blair
SF. Jefferson/Finley/Gist
SG. Manu/Mason/McClinton
PG. Tony/Hill

Marcus Bryant
07-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Interesting candidate for the LLE.

Tully365
07-04-2009, 03:32 PM
It would be nice to have an athletic back up who is 6'9". Plus, Tony has Mahinmi to speak French with, so now that Oberto is gone it only seems fair to give Manu someone he can talk to in Spanish about South American news.

Considering his background history, he's a damn easy guy to root for....

urunobili
07-04-2009, 04:18 PM
for the LLE it's a win to get him...

bishopospurs
07-04-2009, 05:44 PM
I would be really happy to get Hermann. He is no longer restricted, Detroit had no interest in keeping him and let him become an unrestricted free agent.

Detroit totally didn't play him correctly. He is tall and can play the 4 in a small ball situation but I would prefer to keep him at the three, he would be a great addition to the spurs and would be cheap. Plus he is only 30, that means if Manu can keep his fire lit he could be in for a few years. I know he wants to leave the country because he was frustrated getting zero minutes as Detroit decided to play their young guys, but if anyone could sign him San Antonio and Ginobli could make it happen. i think the line up will be closer to:
C- MLE FA/Bonner/Ian
PF- Duncan/Blair/Ian
SF- Jefferson/Hermann
SG-Mason/Ginobli/McClinton
PG-Parker/Hill/McClinton

I want to trade Finley, so I will not put him up there, I am hoping we can turn him and maybe Bonner into another front court player.

Bruno
07-04-2009, 05:50 PM
He is quite bad and he isn't a project. Spurs should be able to do better to fill their roster.

45 bank shot
07-04-2009, 06:35 PM
did this guy even play for Detroit this year?
well maybe a few minutes here and there

wisnub
07-04-2009, 06:47 PM
No way..this year FA must be Sheed, Dice, or Marion. I am sick and tired Spurs always pick garbage truck before (like KT) and claim that they sign a really solid guy (with 4 points something a game..thats nothing)

BackHome
07-04-2009, 08:13 PM
You guys make me laugh it took us how many years to get a starting SF in Jefferson? And you guys think we are going to get an impact player for the LLE? Be serious we don't need an impact player or anyone with potential we need a decent guy who won't mess things up and can do a little bit of everything.

Anyway the main focus though is getting a Center and look at how many years we have been trying to do that!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-04-2009, 09:44 PM
No way..this year FA must be Sheed, Dice, or Marion. I am sick and tired Spurs always pick garbage truck before (like KT) and claim that they sign a really solid guy (with 4 points something a game..thats nothing)

:rolleyes

Thomas was great for this team, did exactly what he was signed for (rebounding and defense), which wasn't to score.

Why do you need Marion when you just signed RJ?

Your posts are not improving

loveforthegame
07-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Pass.

I'd rather have someone else on the roster this year.

Mark in Austin
07-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Herrmann Detroit highlight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLodUvNH-0g&feature=channel

Typhoon
07-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Hopefully Walter will stay in the NBA, he has proven if given the minutes he will produce.

Hard not to like this guy, I want him on the Spurs.

poeticism707
07-08-2009, 02:52 AM
Pass.

I'd rather have someone else on the roster this year.

I agree. While his athleticism is nice, he has a few too many years to take a chance on, what with the youth movement.

Yuixafun
07-08-2009, 03:15 AM
It gives me chills when I think about Hermann and Argentina's team winning Gold over Italy; hugging and jumping with childlike elation in the middle of the court during the 2004 Athens Olympics.

I shed some tears just imagining the magnitude of what he was feeling at that moment having learned of his sorrowful experience, and still yet able to celebrate with his teammates.

it's me
07-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Hermann to play with Tau Ceramica Spain..... Looks like the NBA is getting rid of all these argentines........

Darkwaters
07-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Hermann to play with Tau Ceramica Spain..... Looks like the NBA is getting rid of all these argentines........

Argentines are endangered species now it seems. We need to set up a preserve in San Antonio to guard them from extinction.

Trade for Nocioni!

Muser
07-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Anymore news on if he's gone to europe? I'd love to see him on the Spurs.

ducks
07-17-2009, 02:33 PM
you get him only if you want to keep manu happy

TDMVPDPOY
07-17-2009, 02:42 PM
you get him only if you want to keep manu happy

would rather try and get delfino instead....

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Anymore news on if he's gone to europe? I'd love to see him on the Spurs.

It is official 2 year contract with TAU. The club website announces this.

http://www.baskonia.com/es/noticias_general.asp?id_noticia=2212

Spurs fans:

"But, but, but TAU has severe financial issues and cannot sign any players. They have lost all their money. They will be begging someone to take Splitter".

Stupid fucking LIARS

EricB
07-17-2009, 04:19 PM
It is official 2 year contract with TAU. The club website announces this.

http://www.baskonia.com/es/noticias_general.asp?id_noticia=2212

Spurs fans:

"But, but, but TAU has severe financial issues and cannot sign any players. They have lost all their money. They will be begging someone to take Splitter".

Stupid fucking LIARS

Do the world a favor and go walk onto the 610 freeway there in Houston assface.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-17-2009, 05:26 PM
In Argentina, the bride's mother accompanies the bride and groom on their honeymoon and inspects the bed linens the morning after to confirm that she had never before been with a man before that night. Positive confirmation reduces the amount of the dowry by half.
:lol

mountainballer
07-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Spurs fans:

Stupid fucking LIARS

you realised that Tau signed Herrmann and not Odom or Lee, did you?
these days Herrmann maybe isn't exactly the biggest fish in the free agent pool.
Herrmann is the kind of solid signing a team does, that can't afford a bigger name.

bishopospurs
07-18-2009, 02:45 PM
I would have like to see him a spur, free agency is running a little thin by now. Is Matt Barnes still around?

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-19-2009, 08:11 AM
you realised that Tau signed Herrmann and not Odom or Lee, did you?
these days Herrmann maybe isn't exactly the biggest fish in the free agent pool.
Herrmann is the kind of solid signing a team does, that can't afford a bigger name.

LIAR.

Then why the fuck did they sign Eliyahu for MORE than Rakocevic made and MORE than he got from Efes? So for Eliyahu is the MOST EXPENSIVE free agent signing all summer in Europe. And TAU signed him. You are just full of it and all your endless lies are being exposed.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-19-2009, 08:12 AM
I'd take for LLE but he's going to Europe unless Manu convinces him otherwise

He already signed. Manu cannot do anything about it.

ace3g
05-22-2010, 01:02 AM
anyone know if he has a opt out clause in his contract after the 1st year. I would still like him as a stretch 3/4. He has always seemed to have a reliable 3 point shot. With Bonner being a free agent, maybe the Spurs will go another direction.

TimDunkem
05-22-2010, 01:17 AM
anyone know if he has a opt out clause in his contract after the 1st year. I would still like him as a stretch 3/4. He has always seemed to have a reliable 3 point shot. With Bonner being a free agent, maybe the Spurs will go another direction.

You're insane...the guy is a turn style on D. No way he keeps up with 3s let alone 4s

cutewizard
05-23-2010, 01:37 AM
Why not Super Manu acting as teacher to Hermann right?

It could work, why not?

MateoNeygro
05-23-2010, 05:51 AM
pass.

galvatron3000
05-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Are we NOW desperate? Why are we entertaining this guy? We do want to win a championship right? Or rebuild to get a first round pick in the next 3 years? SMH

Mal
05-23-2010, 04:42 PM
wow, why this thread is even open ?

MmP
05-23-2010, 05:46 PM
He's not that bad at all, when given the chance played pretty good on CHarlotte

mogrovejo
05-23-2010, 05:58 PM
He's not that bad at all, when given the chance played pretty good on CHarlotte

Yeah, in his first season. He was also named MVP after his first season in the ACB and then never came close of having a similar season. I always thought he should play in a new league every season.

Nothing more than a 15th man for a NBA team.

MmP
05-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Well, I don't know why he was shipped out from Charllotte but towards the end of that 07 season he was having a great roll and gave CH a good run. Afterwards they hired a new coach and decided not to play him (as I recall). Shipped to Detroit where he wasn't given any chance and then left the NBA i think the guy (if cheap) can be valuable.

DAF86
05-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Only a rumour but I heard that Herrmann doesn't get along too well with most of the Argie NT, including Manu.

admiralsnackbar
05-24-2010, 05:05 AM
Well, I don't know why he was shipped out from Charllotte but towards the end of that 07 season he was having a great roll and gave CH a good run. Afterwards they hired a new coach and decided not to play him (as I recall). Shipped to Detroit where he wasn't given any chance and then left the NBA i think the guy (if cheap) can be valuable.

There's a reason he mouldered on the bench in Detroit. Sometimes cheap really is just cheap.

MmP
05-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Detroit is known for closing doors to foreigners. Dunno, I'd try him, he's argentine. Might work

ducks
05-24-2010, 01:35 PM
why bring his waste of space in

hater
05-24-2010, 01:52 PM
damn we should have got Delfino when we could. Delfino > RJ

MmP
05-24-2010, 03:16 PM
That's my point. Delfino was in the same situation as Herrmann. He was in Det with Larry Brown, no playing time at all for no reason. Now turned to be a good player in MIL when he was given the chance...

admiralsnackbar
05-24-2010, 03:24 PM
That's my point. Delfino was in the same situation as Herrmann. He was in Det with Larry Brown, no playing time at all for no reason. Now turned to be a good player in MIL when he was given the chance...

Therefore Hermann is good? I don't think it works that way. People slept on Delfino because he basically fell off the side of the Earth (and into Russian league hell) after Detroit and was reasonably assumed a dead soldier. Herman has been playing very visibly in Spain. He's not a question mark.

I dunno... maybe you could begin by explaining why you're so high on him? Honest question.

How does he address our needs?
Why would his play be elevated here over what he does for Caja?

MmP
05-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Good shooter, good passer, skilled not as Delfino, but very skilled and good size for the 3 position. Not a bad defender and could come for not much money. A smart player that can take very different roles. Always ready to come in and help.
My point is that he has been overlooked. He made great impact in Charlotte, just ask any of his fans.

mogrovejo
05-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Herrmann hasn't been able to make much of an impact on Cajala (at least a positive impact!) and you'd expect him to make one for a NBA team?

Delfino is an above average defender. Herrmann doesn't have the quickness to defend 3s anymore, not even in Europe and isn't big enough to guard lots of 4s.

Delfino is a terrific rebounder for his position. Herrmann is a mediocre rebounder as a 4.

Delfino has very good ball-handling, he's an excellent passer and can create shots here and there. Hermann can dribble himself into a better mid-range jump-shot, but other than that...

More importantly, why do you believe he's going to shoot like he did in his first season in Charlotte? He was never able to shoot above 35% from 3 in any other NBA season and he's shooting 32% in the ACB.

MmP
05-24-2010, 03:52 PM
I don't want to be seen as a Herrmann homer which Im not, just saying that we could try him but It's hard to make an impact when you're just played 3 minutes every 5 games. Much less have good %.
All those comparisons you posted about Delfino are right. Herrmann is not a skilled type of forward, he's more rusty than any other player but has had impact when given the chance. Even in Detroit in some games when Hamilton or Prince were injured in the Reg season he made some pretty good plays to help.
And that's all Im gonna say about this I think I made my point.

DAF86
05-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Therefore Hermann is good? I don't think it works that way. People slept on Delfino because he basically fell off the side of the Earth (and into Russian league hell) after Detroit and was reasonably assumed a dead soldier. Herman has been playing very visibly in Spain. He's not a question mark.

I dunno... maybe you could begin by explaining why you're so high on him? Honest question.

How does he address our needs?
Why would his play be elevated here over what he does for Caja?

Tall athletic SF with good three point shooting, yeah we don't need that. I don't know how he's playing now but in his prime Herrmann would have been a good pickup.

DAF86
05-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Herrmann hasn't been able to make much of an impact on Cajala (at least a positive impact!) and you'd expect him to make one for a NBA team?

Delfino is an above average defender. Herrmann doesn't have the quickness to defend 3s anymore, not even in Europe and isn't big enough to guard lots of 4s.

Delfino is a terrific rebounder for his position. Herrmann is a mediocre rebounder as a 4.

Delfino has very good ball-handling, he's an excellent passer and can create shots here and there. Hermann can dribble himself into a better mid-range jump-shot, but other than that...

More importantly, why do you believe he's going to shoot like he did in his first season in Charlotte? He was never able to shoot above 35% from 3 in any other NBA season and he's shooting 32% in the ACB.

To be fair, Delfino didn't make much either in Russia.

admiralsnackbar
05-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Tall athletic SF with good three point shooting, yeah we don't need that. Either way, I don't know how he's playing now but in his prime Herrmann would have been a good pickup.

That was, what? 6 years ago? :lol

What have you done for me lately, Herrmann?

mogrovejo
05-24-2010, 05:37 PM
To be fair, Delfino didn't make much either in Russia.

Herrmann is being paid though.

Very different situations, but c'mon, if they didn't win the Eurocup final it wasn't because Delfino didn't produce. He did his part, his teammaates chocked. In the Russian league they just faced a superior team and were unable to pull the upset - but I wouldn't blame Delfino for that either.

kaji157
05-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Well i don´t think Hermann is any bad but i don´t see a point in bringing him here.
He is not a young guy who would understand being subbed in favor of Jefferson so he can have 30 mins a game and not disrupt the team´s chemistry.
I do think Hermann is a good player to have, if we needed more from the 3 spot, but we don´t, Delfino would be what we need now, but... Spurs doesn´t like to pay what the players are worth unless they are in a really really bad position.
What Hermann has to offer, a very good cutter, plays very well off the ball and is a willing defender, needs a quite big ammount of shots, usually the most he gets the better his FG%.
About this year i must say that he had a serious injury that was only healed by the second part of the season, he had surgery last offseason but the injury took longer to heal.

MmP
08-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Need one more backup SF? Call Walter.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68637/20100811/herrmann_considering_return_to_nba/

Muser
08-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Eww, no thanks.

galvatron3000
08-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Eww, no thanks.

:toast

ohmwrecker
08-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Why is it that people want more Argentinians on this team regardless of how shitty they are? We have the best one!

TD 21
08-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Even though he'd likely be relatively inexpensive, is a legit combo forward, can shoot the three, is fairly athletic and is a decent defender, I'd be surprised if the Spurs signed him.

I remember hearing him say in an interview a few years back when he came to the NBA that (paraphrasing) basketball was no longer fun for him and it's just his job. He didn't strike me as Spurs material.

Hayes, on the other hand, does. The Spurs were rumored interested in him two summers ago and as mediocre as he is, he's probably the best candidate left. Supposedly, he's waiting for someone to offer him more than the veteran's minimum. Just a hunch, but I think the Spurs are waiting him out like they did Bogans last year.

in2deep
08-11-2010, 12:41 PM
If this could somehow mean less minutes for Bonner, I'm for it

MmP
08-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Why is it that people want more Argentinians on this team regardless of how shitty they are? We have the best one!

This is why:

Even though he'd likely be relatively inexpensive, is a legit combo forward, can shoot the three, is fairly athletic and is a decent defender, I'd be surprised if the Spurs signed him.

Mostly because he's cheap and we're missing one more F, So I'd sing him. Walter has proved being a good player off the bench and Im confident he can became the Carlos Delfino of this team for the Bucks.

ceperez
08-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Very interesting news that he wants to get back in the NBA.

Maybe he wants to play with his former teammates (Splitter and Ginobili).

I wouldn't mind having him as a backup SF. He's athletic and at 6'9" he has the size.

SIGN HIM!

GSH
08-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Detroit was a sinking ship, in a city with big expectations - and from what I understand, a miserable place to be right now. They had three head coaches in three years. They lost Chauncey Billups, and then had to endure the Allen Iverson drama. They have a bunch of egos and attitude left on the team, without the talent or chemistry to back them up. The only thing that has been getting passed around on that team is blame. It was a bitch of a place for him to land. And it's pretty obvious why they joy might have gone out of basketball for him.

I don't know what his contract status is, and I don't feel like looking for it. He was a good player, with a decent upside when he entered the league. I would love to see how he would react to playing team ball, and in a city that appreciates the team. I think he could turn into a solid role-player and be happy with that. If he would come in cheap, I think he would definitely be worth a look.

ohmwrecker
08-11-2010, 02:14 PM
This is why:

Mostly because he's cheap and we're missing one more F, So I'd sing him. Walter has proved being a good player off the bench and Im confident he can became the Carlos Delfino of this team for the Bucks.

OK, Capt. Copypaste. As long as you are confident. That's good enough for me!

Seriously, Herrmann and Delfino could not be less similar.

MmP
08-11-2010, 04:43 PM
OK, Capt. Copypaste. As long as you are confident. That's good enough for me!

Seriously, Herrmann and Delfino could not be less similar.
Well, I don't really trust in many of the people posting here regarding foreign players. I remember bring in up Delfino when he was a FA after playing in Russia and many had the same kind of answers you have so I'll keep thinking Herrmann is a good fit

ceperez
08-11-2010, 07:06 PM

I remember hearing him say in an interview a few years back when he came to the NBA that (paraphrasing) basketball was no longer fun for him and it's just his job. He didn't strike me as Spurs material.

Hayes, on the other hand, does. The Spurs were rumored interested in him two summers ago and as mediocre as he is, he's probably the best candidate left. Supposedly, he's waiting for someone to offer him more than the veteran's minimum. Just a hunch, but I think the Spurs are waiting him out like they did Bogans last year.

if he is going to play with manu and tiago i am sure he'll be very motivated.

he is better than hayes at the sf.

hayes plays small despite being 6'8"

BackHome
08-11-2010, 07:24 PM
If we could get him that would make me buy season tickets again! I have always liked his potential and I like the fact that he played with Splitter this year so they have the chemistry thing going on.

You put him and Manu and Splitter together you going to see teams crumble and cry!

PG. Temple
SG. Manu
SF. Anderson
PF. Walter - He could even play time at SF
C. Splitter

BackHome
08-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Detroit was a sinking ship, in a city with big expectations - and from what I understand, a miserable place to be right now. They had three head coaches in three years. They lost Chauncey Billups, and then had to endure the Allen Iverson drama. They have a bunch of egos and attitude left on the team, without the talent or chemistry to back them up. The only thing that has been getting passed around on that team is blame. It was a bitch of a place for him to land. And it's pretty obvious why they joy might have gone out of basketball for him.

I don't know what his contract status is, and I don't feel like looking for it. He was a good player, with a decent upside when he entered the league. I would love to see how he would react to playing team ball, and in a city that appreciates the team. I think he could turn into a solid role-player and be happy with that. If he would come in cheap, I think he would definitely be worth a look.

Hell look what Detroit did to our boy Sean..........I bet Walter went through what Sean went through and if you put him in San Antonio you will see what a difference playing for the Spurs makes!

ceperez
08-11-2010, 07:37 PM
ok... he has not being playing well lately.

although he had a stellar rookie season with the bobcats, he rode the bench after that season.

did not appear to play well either in europe.

still nobody expects him to do much if he signs with the spurs.

he just needs to do what oberto used to do, picks and cuts on offense, an occasional open 3 or an easy basket in the paint. on defense he has the length and these really huge hands to maybe make a difference. he's proven once in charlotte that he can play with ridiculous efficiency and really that is want from a spurs bench player.

Manudona
08-11-2010, 08:38 PM
ok... he has not being playing well lately.

although he had a stellar rookie season with the bobcats, he rode the bench after that season.

did not appear to play well either in europe.

still nobody expects him to do much if he signs with the spurs.

he just needs to do what oberto used to do, picks and cuts on offense, an occasional open 3 or an easy basket in the paint. on defense he has the length and these really huge hands to maybe make a difference. he's proven once in charlotte that he can play with ridiculous efficiency and really that is want from a spurs bench player.

Yes, I really miss those occasional open 3s by Oberto :rolleyes

ceperez
08-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Yes, I really miss those occasional open 3s by Oberto :rolleyes

I meant the picks and cuts.

kaji157
08-11-2010, 10:34 PM
He makes sense for the Spurs because we don´t have a real small forward after Jefferson. And he can also make Bonner useless.
Plus he would be a very inexpensive contract, and a 6-9 SF is always playable.

SouthTexasRancher
08-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Wed Aug 11 03:43am PDT

Herrmann looking to return to NBA (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Herrmann-looking-to-return-to-NBA;_ylt=Aga4JKepn8RxjmeHOwlAm_yPzdEF?urn=nba-261663)

By Mark J. Miller (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors;_ylt=AlV_JTNoSN6XXbL7iU.Z14aPzdEF?author=Ma rk+J.+Miller)

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_rumors__52/ept_sports_rumors-920476004-1281523284_thumb.jpg?ymVJBmDDW3RjkSCU (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AuRPQ0ynQcjy.3UJ9fE_PlePzdEF/SIG=13k8vnsid/**http%3A//a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_rumors__52/ept_sports_rumors-920476004-1281523284.jpg%3FymVJBmDDWXLIVog7)Small forward Walter Herrmann (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4207/;_ylt=AvNAQY4ot2EykND85WYAdMGPzdEF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4207/news;_ylt=ArtOGu_lhxWEq8r1w.bKJQ2PzdEF), who spent last season playing in the Spanish League for Caja Laboral, apparently misses playing in the NBA. The Hoops Market reports that Herrmann is in discussions with the team to terminate his deal so he can return to North America, where the 31-year-old Argentine forward played for the Charlotte Bobcats (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/cha/;_ylt=AqpECFhRI3kmtNlolZIZWtqPzdEF) in 2006-08 and the Detroit Pistons (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/det/;_ylt=AjwcCQ5sNdGoTeBqCzBAOg6PzdEF) in 2007-09.
Herrmann's agent says there is some NBA interest (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AoPuHpFKLk0tGJESAjEgPqSPzdEF/SIG=12r3em23t/**http%3A//thehoopsmarket.blogspot.com/2010/08/walter-herrmann-considering-to-go-back.html) in his client. In his four NBA seasons, Herrmann averaged 5.4 points, 2.1 rebounds and 0.4 assists per game.
Follow Yahoo! Sports Rumors on Twitter at @markjmill (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AuxP9L7p11P9nst3NiD8vtCPzdEF/SIG=111guv7nu/**http%3A//twitter.com/MarkJMill).
Source: The Hoops Market (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AsHCwtcRZ1IVgKL88M.t9x.PzdEF/SIG=12r3em23t/**http%3A//thehoopsmarket.blogspot.com/2010/08/walter-herrmann-considering-to-go-back.html)http://l.yimg.com/a/i/nt/ic/ut/bsc/newwin12_1.gif (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AvAZVIj6TmYDPElrvON4eQ2PzdEF/SIG=12r3em23t/**http%3A//thehoopsmarket.blogspot.com/2010/08/walter-herrmann-considering-to-go-back.html)
Related: Charlotte Bobcats (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/teams/Charlotte+Bobcats/nba.t.30;_ylt=Aq08P9s6AHT1YlVNairPRPiPzdEF), Detroit Pistons (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/teams/Detroit+Pistons/nba.t.8;_ylt=AvHEwEWVOxGmAWuni1jtF7aPzdEF)

Bring him to camp and see how he works with the guys under Pop's system.

cutewizard
08-12-2010, 01:38 AM
Get him Spurs!

Manudona
08-12-2010, 01:44 AM
I meant the picks and cuts.

I know, I am just kidding around

arles
08-12-2010, 08:15 PM
http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=1097241&s=bas&type=story

Saski Baskonia canceled the contract with Herrmann

VITORIA -- El Saski Baskonia, de la máxima competición del básquetbol español, y Walter Herrmann llegaron a un acuerdo mutuo para rescindir el contrato del jugador argentino, fichado la pasada temporada proveniente de los Detroit Pistons de la NBA.

Este acuerdo fue confirmado el jueves en una nota de prensa por el club vitoriano, que agradeció sus servicios al jugador, a quien deseó la "mejor de las suertes" en su nuevo destino.

Walter Herrmann disputó esta temporada 30 partidos de liga ACB con el Caja Laboral, jugando un total de 453 minutos (una media de 15,1 por partido) y anotó 157 puntos (5,23 puntos por partido).

En Euroliga jugó 12 partidos, con 178 minutos disputados (14,5 de media) anotando 58 puntos (4,8 puntos medios por partido).

It says that the club and Walter came to an agreement to cancel his contract. This was confirmed today by the club itself, wishing good luck to Herrmann in his new club.

Then it's just stats =P

30 games played (15.1 mpp) with Caja Laboral, scoring 5.23 ppg. Then in Euroleague he played 12 games (14.5 mpp), 4.8 ppg.

DAF86
08-12-2010, 09:16 PM

I remember someone said the same thing to me when I suggested that the Spurs should go after Delfino some years ago when he was a very cheap free agent.

DAF86
08-12-2010, 09:21 PM
If we could get him that would make me buy season tickets again! I have always liked his potential and I like the fact that he played with Splitter this year so they have the chemistry thing going on.

You put him and Manu and Splitter together you going to see teams crumble and cry!

PG. Temple
SG. Manu
SF. Anderson
PF. Walter - He could even play time at SF
C. Splitter

Herrmann isn't a PF, he's a SF, SG as second position (he played a lot of SG in his career) I don't know why ESPN and other NBA related sites have him as a PF.

MmP
08-12-2010, 10:32 PM
I remember someone said the same thing to me when I suggested that the Spurs should go after Delfino some years ago when he was a very cheap free agent.
I remember being bashed as well, same with Scola and so on...

I've seen Herrmann, he's a good cheap fit at this point in a postion we're lacking. Dunno...

BackHome
08-12-2010, 10:43 PM
The guy has skills and just seems he has never been given a chance nor found the right team. As I mentioned ealier he played with Splitter this past year so maybe the Spurs scouts were watching him also. It is not like we are going to be able to get a superstar or starter at this point.

As far as a bench player he brings things that we need plus he plays with the passion that Manu plays with and has a big heart what you need in bench players.

spurs10
08-13-2010, 12:11 AM
If Spain let him walk, I'm sure he has some options being discussed with someone. Wonder how Manu and Tiago feel about it?

SpurCharger
08-13-2010, 12:30 AM
Walter for the league Minimum Wouldnt be bad....

DAF86
08-13-2010, 09:04 AM

We could have had him for a lot less than what Mason got, tbh.

ceperez
08-13-2010, 10:00 AM
We could have had him for a lot less than what Mason got, tbh.

I don't recall Delfino ever being available as a FA.

Don't know if Hermann however I think is a FA, don't think he was resigned by Detroit.

What is interesting is that he cancels an existing contract. So there's definitely an expectation by him with an NBA team.

Rumor has it that he wants back in Charlotte. I however doubt that since he didn't get much playing time since they changed coaches. Doubt he'll get playing time now.

Other interesting fact is that he hasn't played well in Europe, so why then is he so confident that an NBA team would be interested in him.

Big hunch is the Spurs will get him for the minimum. Just like the Spurs got Oberto years before, the Spurs are always interested in a player who knows how to play well off the ball (cuts and picks) and can hit the 3 with a high percentage. Plus he fits the whole for a backup SF.

superbigtime
08-13-2010, 12:39 PM
I would happy with either of them.