PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats and the MIP award

Kamnik_SLO
03-27-2005, 11:20 AM
What are the realistic chances of Primož Brezec getting it?

What is the most important factor at this award? How many t-shirts dos the player sell? Are the sophomores included, it is normal they usually make a big leap in their stats(Wade,Lebron)?

It would probably mean a lot to Bobcats if he would get it... And he would sure as hell deserve it.

Another thing.... if Bobcats get a good backcourt player out of the draft how far do you see them going next year? They can also sign a big time player because their salary total is really low now.

I think they could improve a lot because of Okafor game rising and Bickerstaff is also a great coach as far as i see it.

exstatic
03-27-2005, 11:25 AM
It's usually an award that the league wants to see going to one of it's up and coming young high draft picks, probably in a large market.

They can also sign a big time player because their salary total is really low now.
Their salary total is low, because the league limited them to a fraction of the salary cap in years one and two, 2/3 and 3/4, I believe. They will not have the full cap available to them next year.

Kamnik_SLO
03-27-2005, 11:34 AM
1. MIP award- sucks it is so comercialized
2. salary cap- but they will still have a huge gap because they dont have a single player that gets a lot of money, check the http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

Kori Ellis
03-27-2005, 11:48 AM
salary cap- but they will still have a huge gap because they dont have a single player that gets a lot of money

True, they only have $10M in contracts locked up. So they have a lot of money to spend this summer. If the cap is $45M and they get 75% to spend, minus the $10M, they'll have over $23M available.

Karl Mundt
03-27-2005, 11:52 AM
Brezec might at least be the most improved player regarding player ratings in NBA Live series. I have had the 2004 and 2005 versions, and he has been the lowest rated player in both of those years.

T Park
03-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Just an example of a guy all he needed was a chance.

Genius move Indiana.

I don't think hell get MIP due to them saying, well he might be improved he might not, but there are other guys that have improved this year that have gotten the same maybe a minute amount of minutes more.