PDA

View Full Version : Jax wants out..

Pages : [1] 2

HarlemHeat37
08-28-2009, 06:22 PM
He says he wants to go to Cleveland or anywhere in Texas..

let the threads begin..

exstatic
08-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Wow, he CALLED you?

Dex
08-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Still not going to happen.

But man, wouldn't that be sweet...

vander
08-28-2009, 06:33 PM
He says he wants to go to Cleveland or anywhere in Texas..

let the threads begin..

if he would just as soon be a mav then I don't even want him :bang

exstatic
08-28-2009, 06:40 PM
if he would just as soon be a mav then I don't even want him :bang

Uh, he's FROM Texas. I don't think he's going to be picky if he has a chance to go back close to home. I'm sure that SA's probably #1, HOU #2 being just next door to home, and Dallas #3, but why would you piss off a team by revealing these rankings?

wildbill2u
08-28-2009, 06:42 PM
POp said something recently about Jefferson bringing Jax's talent without the drama. He laughed as he said it and you could tell Jax wasn't ever coming back as long as Pop calls the shots.

Muser
08-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Holt already took on Jeffersons contract, I don't remember Jax's numbers but I remember them being pretty big.

PM5K
08-28-2009, 06:44 PM
jefferson bringing jax's talent without the drama.

lol

Taking it to the Hole
08-28-2009, 06:45 PM
If he really wants to come back to Texas, I see Houston as the only team that would really need a perimeter player like him seeing as how T-Mac may not make it through the season again. I really don't see him going to Dallas, much less coming back here.

IronMexican
08-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Holt already took on Jeffersons contract, I don't remember Jax's numbers but I remember them being pretty big.

Doesn't Jax only make about 8 million?

exstatic
08-28-2009, 06:49 PM

He'll make $7.65M next year. That's roughly half of RJ's salary.

timaios
08-28-2009, 06:51 PM

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/warriors.jsp

Stephen Jackson $7,650,000 $8,453,250 $9,256,500 $10,059,750

DPG21920
08-28-2009, 06:59 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ntrl7w

lets get it started!

For Mookie

Parker
Jackson
RJ
Duncan
Dice

Bench

Hill
Manu
Finley
Blair
Ian

Chieflion
08-28-2009, 07:09 PM
He expires the same time as Duncan, but he is also old now. He would never fit here. We got enough scorers. I am also quite sure after all his time in Golden State, he forgot how to defend.

ducks
08-28-2009, 07:11 PM
jackson for manu
only way it would happen

DPG21920
08-28-2009, 07:12 PM
He actually expires one year after Duncan.

DPG21920
08-28-2009, 07:12 PM
jackson for manu
only way it would happen

Why? Who else would give GS someone like Manu, knowing that GS has to trade him?

DPG21920
08-28-2009, 07:17 PM
So, if it is just salary, than Bonner and Mason expire next year as well and they are not nearly as talented as Manu.

Chieflion
08-28-2009, 07:23 PM
So, if it is just salary, than Bonner and Mason expire next year as well and they are not nearly as talented as Manu.
First of all, Finley is the one who should get shipped off.

The next thing would be get GSW wants to move Corey Magette's contract off so if the Spurs could facilitate that, we could get S-Jax.

DPG21920
08-28-2009, 07:23 PM
First of all, Finley is the one who should get shipped off.

They would probably want some younger talent.

Chieflion
08-28-2009, 07:25 PM
They would probably want some younger talent.
At this point of time, they probably just need some more bigs. GSW and Spurs are just not good trading partners which is why a 3rd party to facilitate this needs to be involved.

DPG21920
08-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Rights to Tiago Splitter could be included. They have Biedrins and Randolph, Wright and Turiaf. Bonner would actually give them back their Troy Murphy type player.

Chieflion
08-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Finley doesn't make enough, It would likely require another chip than any R Mason or Bonner scenario.
Which is why a 3rd team needs to be involved to absorb a larger contract, or a team with a TPE like the Nuggets.

DPG21920
But to say Manu is the only way is just Ducks being a quack.

ducks
Why? Who else would give GS someone like Manu, knowing that GS has to trade him?
why insurance incase manu is not healthy

right now manu's trade value is not all that either

HarlemHeat37
08-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Wow, he CALLED you?

???

as for the actual trade..I've said I'm against it in the past, and my opinion hasn't really changed..the only way I take Jackson is if he's willing to come off the bench in a Manu role, so we'll see how that would play out..that would allow Manu to start, and it would allow Pop to rest him throughout the season..

we would also be the deepest team in the NBA..

starting Jackson wouldn't work though IMO, so he would need to accept that role..

ducks
08-28-2009, 07:29 PM
But to say Manu is the only way is just Ducks being a quack.

do you think
rj,mason,tp,duncan,hill, manu and jackson
would get enough touches
spurs would be overcrowed if they did not trade on of those players for him

DPG21920
08-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Which is why a 3rd team needs to be involved to absorb a larger contract, or a team with a TPE like the Nuggets.

Nope. Spurs could just do Mason and Bonner + rights to someone. Or if you were dead set on Finley+Bonner, you could just throw in Marcus Williams.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mvdmd6

Chieflion
Manu is one of those guys who is more valuable to the Spurs than the rest of the other teams who will probably treat him like just another expiring. No way the Spurs trade him.

HarlemHeat37
I also read NYC is an option for him.

Ya they've been mentioning it a lot here(I'm in NY)..I think he was just saying that because of Al Harrington though..he said he wanted to win another title, and he obviously must know he won't win shit in NY..

ducks
mason is clutcher then sj

DPG21920
do you think
rj,mason,tp,duncan,hill, manu and jackson
would get enough touches
spurs would be overcrowed if they did not trade on of those players for him

Jackson would get all of Mason's touches. If he wants out and wants to be a part of a winner, he has to make sacrifices.

He did not say he wanted out of GS because he did not get enough touches.

Chieflion
08-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Nope. Spurs could just do Mason and Bonner + rights to someone. Or if you were dead set on Finley+Bonner, you could just throw in Marcus Williams.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mvdmd6
This is what I would do but GSW would just counter with a " You take Maggette."

Sotongball21
08-28-2009, 07:32 PM
If i am not wrong, Finley's + Mason's contracts are = to Jax's contract right?
If we trade Mason, we get Jax, who can run facilitate the offence and start in place of Mason. AND we will get Finley off our butts and thus able to sign a third string point guard to back up Hill if he bursts. See, its win win.

ducks
08-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Jackson would get all of Mason's touches. If he wants out and wants to be a part of a winner, he has to make sacrifices.

so where is mason going?

DPG21920
08-28-2009, 07:33 PM

Playoffs Ducks. Playoffs.

DPG21920
so where is mason going?

He would be traded Ducks. Mason + Bonner for Jackson works.

ducks
If i am not wrong, Finley's + Mason's contracts are = to Jax's contract right?
If we trade Mason, we get Jax, who can run facilitate the offence and start in place of Mason. AND we will get Finley off our butts and thus able to sign a third string point guard to back up Hill if he bursts. See, its win win.

why would gs want mason when they could have manu?

ducks
08-28-2009, 07:34 PM
He would be traded Ducks. Mason + Bonner for Jackson works.

it works for you but not gs:lol:lol:lol

DPG21920
why insurance incase manu is not healthy

right now manu's trade value is not all that either

It is still more upside+expiring contract than I can think of than another team would offer for a guy who comes out publicly that he wants to be traded.

GS is going to get low balled.

ducks
do you think anyone would want BOONER?

phyzik
08-28-2009, 07:35 PM
If its any team in Texas, Its going to be Houston. I'd love him back on the Spurs but I have a feeling Pop wouldn't.

ducks
I mean why not just offer finley and booner

DPG21920
???

as for the actual trade..I've said I'm against it in the past, and my opinion hasn't really changed..the only way I take Jackson is if he's willing to come off the bench in a Manu role, so we'll see how that would play out..that would allow Manu to start, and it would allow Pop to rest him throughout the season..

we would also be the deepest team in the NBA..

starting Jackson wouldn't work though IMO, so he would need to accept that role..

I would start Finley and have Manu and Jax off of the bench.

ducks
08-28-2009, 07:36 PM
yeah because jax would love not starting....................

Sotongball21
08-28-2009, 07:37 PM
why would gs want mason when they could have manu?

Because Manu is a better player than Mason? And I am sure Manu will take less money next year since this is his contract year (IIRC). AND Manu can come off the bench with Jefferson to score heaps off the other team's 2nd string players.

ducks
08-28-2009, 07:38 PM
should not spurs just bring back scola to ...................
oh wait he has not told houston to fuck off yet like sj did to gs
then spurs fans would want scola back

ducks
08-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Because Manu is a better player than Mason? And I am sure Manu will take less money next year since this is his contract year (IIRC). AND Manu can come off the bench with Jefferson to score heaps off the other team's 2nd string players.

manu is not a better player when he is on bench playing on facebook

ducks
08-28-2009, 07:39 PM

he might he did not care about money when he said fuck you spurs I am playing even though spurs said no contract extension talk if you go play

or you could say he is not intersted in playing the rest of his days here

DPG21920
08-28-2009, 07:41 PM
it works for you but not gs:lol:lol:lol

do you think anyone would want BOONER?

I mean why not just offer finley and booner

Once again Ducks, when a player comes out and demands to be traded, he puts his team in a terrible position. Especially when he is older and has a long contract.

So, please answer the question. Name a team that would offer good talent for Jackson? At least as good as Manu. I want names and salaries that match please.

GS could use a guy like Bonner. He is a decent defender, runs the floor well and is an excellent 3 point shooter. He would be their poor mans Troy Murphy whom they liked.

You could offer Finley, but that would mean you would have to add a 3rd player if Bonner was the other piece. And as I said before, Mason is more attractive to GS because of talent and age than Finley. He is not Manu, but is a good coup for Jackson. Not to mention he is expiring.

So please do not avoid this. Answer the question to back up your claims.

SpurNation
08-28-2009, 07:42 PM
The only thing of interest to GS would be expiring contracts. Maybe Fin and Bonner (which I would doubt) But also could be current draft picks and future as well.

Jackson would be a great piece of the puzzle for 2 to 3 years to come. But likelyhood is highly improbable.

ducks
08-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Once again Ducks, when a player comes out and demands to be traded, he puts his team in a terrible position. Especially when he is older and has a long contract.

So, please answer the question. Name a team that would offer good talent for Jackson? At least as good as Manu. I want names and salaries that match please.

GS could use a guy like Bonner. He is a decent defender, runs the floor well and is an excellent 3 point shooter. He would be their poor mans Troy Murphy whom they liked.

You could offer Finley, but that would mean you would have to add a 3rd player if Bonner was the other piece. And as I said before, Mason is more attractive to GS because of talent and age than Bonner. He is not Manu, but is a good coup for Jackson. Not to mention he is expiring.

So please do not avoid this. Answer the question to back up your claims.
suns might offer amare if they are afraid he will walk
and gs is intersted in amare

DPG21920
Keep in mind, I am not saying the Spurs want or could get Jackson, or that GS would be willing to trade him.

I am just saying that more than likely, they would not be able to get a guy like Manu for him.

DPG21920
suns might offer amare if they are afraid he will walk
and gs is intersted in amare

Why would you think this? Why would the Suns want Jackson over Amare? Not to mention you still would have about 9M in salaries to match from GS, who?

ducks
08-28-2009, 07:44 PM
because AMARE has said their is a 50-50 chance he will resign with suns

DPG21920
08-28-2009, 07:46 PM
That makes no sense. They would rather let him walk and get cap space then trade for an aging player with a long contract.

ducks
08-28-2009, 07:48 PM
dude this is the suns

DPG21920
08-28-2009, 07:50 PM
You have lost.

boutons_deux
08-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Jackson wouldn't go anywhere if he was guaranteed to start, and Pop wouldn't guarantee starting to anybody coming in.

Jackson is a stupid head case, like his fight-friend Artest.

Mel_13
08-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Dime: You made a big declaration earlier today by saying you wanted out of Golden State. When did you decide this?
Stephen Jackson: It’s not about a decision I made. It’s just things are in the air right now. I really can’t get too much into it right now, but I’m just looking to go somewhere where I can go and win a championship.

Dime: Are the Warriors aware of this?
SJ: Yeah they all know.

Dime: Is there anywhere specifically you want to go?
SJ: Either Cleveland, anywhere in Texas or out here with Al in New York.

http://dimemag.com/2009/08/breaking-news-stephen-jackson-wants-out-of-golden-state/#more-18251

ducks
08-28-2009, 07:58 PM
does sj think james is going to new york or something?

slick'81
08-28-2009, 07:58 PM
well we could always trade richard jefferson for him :lol

WildcardManu
08-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Bring Jax back

SpurNation
08-28-2009, 08:31 PM
This is why I can't ever ever rate Pop higher than Phil. Phil would look at a chemistry issue as a challenge. Pop would rather not deal with it.

Understanding you have high intelect...go coach an NBA team and see if you can do better than what Pop has done with the Spurs.

lotr1trekkie
08-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Jackson is and has always been a role player. He's made a ton of $$$ but is really no better then he was as a Spur. He doesn't make teams better. He provides offense off the bench--period! Mentally, he goes where the $$$ is aka Claxton, Turkelu, etc.! LOSERS! Let him go to the Geldings--they need another headcase.

mfanatic
08-28-2009, 09:11 PM
We all know jax wants out, so would you guys do this if Golden State wanted too as well?

Manu + Bonner + Finley + Fill

for

Jax and Biedris?

At first I said hell no, but then looking at our lineup...

Parker/Hill
SJax/Mason
RJ/
Duncan/Blair/Ratliff
Biedris/Mcdyess/Ian

spursfan1000
08-28-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm predicting he's gone by the trade deadline, not so sure if he will actually get to a destination he would like to go.

lefty
08-28-2009, 09:16 PM
It would be funny if he ended up with the Lakers

mosdef17
08-28-2009, 09:22 PM
We all know jax wants out, so would you guys do this if Golden State wanted too as well?

Manu + Bonner + Finley + Fill

for

Jax and Biedris?

At first I said hell no, but then looking at our lineup...

Parker/Hill
SJax/Mason
RJ/
Duncan/Blair/Ratliff
Biedris/Mcdyess/Ian

Silly, why would anyone here want to trade Manu? So stupid... Biedrins doesn't fit into our team. We only really like bigs that can atleast shoot 15ft jumpers with some form of consistency. Biedrins can only score within 5ft of the basket.

spursfaninla
08-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Well, if we played Manu only 25-30 minutes (about right), and RJ 30-35 (about right), that leaves almost 30 for SJ.

But I don't know if SJ would really help the team. He would need to be on the floor with either RJ or Manu, and there are only so many touches to go around. He would be the 3rd perimeter scorer on the team, and he is geared for being the number 1 guy. He would also want to be the guy in crunch time, and Manu and Parker already have that job.

Further, I don't know if he wants to do the dirty work (play great d) that would make him a true benefit to the team.

With that said, if we could trade Bonner and Mason for him (never happen), it would financially probably work; obviously talent wise GS would never do it, and could do much better...

I don't think that SJ has much leverage with his team right now. They can tell him to shut up and play.

xtremesteven33
08-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Jackson > Mason

Sure Jackson is more of a headcase and takes more shots but if hes serious about winning more championships than he knows what is required of him in Pops system. Jax would have to accept that hes a role player with limited shots and primarily used for defensive purposes. Lakers are really long and with Mason in the lineup he makes the advantage for the Lakers even more noticible. Jackson is 6'7'' and can defend Kobe fairly well.

I say if the offer is on the table you take it. Mason may be a better shooter but Jackson has proven to be the better defender and playmaker. A trade for Jackson would make the Spurs that MUCH better....

Ditty
08-28-2009, 11:02 PM
the numbers work mason,bonner,finley for jackson and we can also throw in a future 1st pick

and then our bench is full of young future spurs with some veterans and jackson is not that bad of a defender but i dont think he is better than jefferson then defending

BlackBellamy
08-28-2009, 11:02 PM
It would be funny if he ended up with the Lakers
I would fail to see the humor.

ducks
08-28-2009, 11:13 PM
S Jax has been proven as a Dirk stopper. R J hasn't been proven as non-stopper.

rj has not played a minute as a spur
yet so how could he be a dirk stopper yet

ducks
08-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Jackson > Mason

Sure Jackson is more of a headcase and takes more shots but if hes serious about winning more championships than he knows what is required of him in Pops system. Jax would have to accept that hes a role player with limited shots and primarily used for defensive purposes. Lakers are really long and with Mason in the lineup he makes the advantage for the Lakers even more noticible. Jackson is 6'7'' and can defend Kobe fairly well.

I say if the offer is on the table you take it. Mason may be a better shooter but Jackson has proven to be the better defender and playmaker. A trade for Jackson would make the Spurs that MUCH better....

chemistry wise HELL NO
mason shoots better
and is a better teamate
and less turnovers

ducks
08-28-2009, 11:19 PM
duncan and pop can get rj to play better d
in case you did not know rj had to score
could not put up much energy on d
here with spurs his d will be better

ducks
08-28-2009, 11:20 PM
Less turnovers, I suppose you mean when HE DOESN'T have the ball in his hands.

Is it me, or does not anyone remember R mason's total lack of ball control during the playoffs?

Jesus christ, its almost as nobody watches the league anymore.

mason is not a point guard

tp and hill are the point guards

ducks
08-28-2009, 11:21 PM
It's almost as people don't pay attention to the league. Did you not see S Jax at Golden state, different team..same result. Mavs Killer, cold blooded. R Jefferson is more often lucky than not to stay in front of Mike Miller. He doesn't have to play for the Spurs, he's a little past his prime and has shown he can't do it.

yeah I say sj jack up alot of bad shots and miss:lol:lol:lol:lol

remind me what gs did the last decade

ducks
08-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Well, they did make the playoffs as a #8 seed shortly after they received Jackson and pulled of the greatest upset in playoff history. Not to mention, he completely outplayed Dirk. Lately, he has made an overall pathetic team at least entertaining.

What Did Milwaukee do with RJ? What did Kobe do without Shaq or Gasol?

gs kicking out mavs that year was not an upset
gs owned them all year

ducks
08-28-2009, 11:30 PM
It better be, or he'll be riding the bench. It doesn't really matter if his D will be better.... This is about player stopping potential. RJ could get better, but he wont shut anyone down by himself. S Jax can and be deadly on the offensive and defensive end, especially during the playoffs.

sj can not shut down anyone by himself:lol:lol:lol:lol

gs could not shut down anyone

ducks
08-28-2009, 11:32 PM
Well, they did make the playoffs as a #8 seed shortly after they received Jackson and pulled of the greatest upset in playoff history. Not to mention, he completely outplayed Dirk. Lately, he has made an overall pathetic team at least entertaining.

What Did Milwaukee do with RJ? What did Kobe do without Shaq or Gasol?

gs did not make the playoffs last year

ducks
08-28-2009, 11:37 PM
bucks were hurt
bucks had less talent then gs did when they made the playoffs

TDMVPDPOY
08-28-2009, 11:38 PM
didnt jax bulk up last season? could he also play the pf in small ball lineup?

anonoftheinternets
08-28-2009, 11:47 PM
really sj is not going to guard kobe. I cant believe I saw that in one of the posts. Also he has noticibly declined and just jacks up threes at a low fg%. I dont think he is a good fit for this team currently.

ducks
08-29-2009, 12:04 AM
Posted by Tim Kawakami on November 30th, 2007
not last year

ducks
08-29-2009, 12:05 AM
Yeah, he was injured so he was in the weight room most of the time.

atleast he hits the weights while manu hits facebook

ducks
08-29-2009, 12:06 AM
oh and houston is not known to be a great o team

ducks
08-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Good eye. It takes away that fact of being completely destroyed on your argument. Next stop, SportsCenter.

next stop is the bedroom for me :toast:married:

gospursgojas
08-29-2009, 01:15 AM

WOOOOAAAAHHH

That statement cannot be further from the truth.

See game 6 03 wcf, game 6 finals

Mason didn't even know the playoffs started last season.

gospursgojas
08-29-2009, 01:21 AM
If this is a mason vs jax argument its no question jax is better.

Jax vs rj is a bigger debate but jax wins out even if only for his contract.

jax has proven he can win games for spurs

TDMVPDPOY
08-29-2009, 02:10 AM
i take jax back

he knows the system

bring back the ultimate teammate, bring back the guy who lives in the pressure time chamber, he makes love to pressure....

i wish for the last couple of seasons with all his antics on and off the court he was still wearing a spurs jersey just for the media laughs :D:D everytime he was reported...

jax is serious business.

kobyz
08-29-2009, 02:18 AM
we have a chance to do Mason + Bonner for Stephen Jackson, i think Holt need to go for it, after all the money that he spend this summer he might better throw everything and go for all.
this trade might be the one move that we need in order to pass the Lakers and to win it all!

the trade wiil give us roster of:
Tony Parker/George Hill/Marcus Williams
Stephen Jackson/Manu Ginobili/(Bruce Bowen?)
Richard Jefferson/Michael Finley/Malik Hairston
Tim Duncan/DeJuan Blair/Marcus Haislip
Antonio McDyess/Theo Ratliff/Ian Mahinmi

angelbelow
08-29-2009, 02:25 AM
what we should really be discussing is whether cavs, rocks, mavs, or even nyk can offer up a better deal.

HarlemHeat37
08-29-2009, 02:54 AM
I'd be willing to bet that Don Nelson would actually use Bonner, and not just for the expiring..could be a player Golden State would actually want, instead of a straight dump..

Chieflion
08-29-2009, 02:57 AM
what we should really be discussing is whether cavs, rocks, mavs, or even nyk can offer up a better deal.
New York would not make a deal. Most likely even if they did,

Young talent: Danilo Gallinari, Jordan Hill
Expirings: They aren't going to trade them, they want LeBron.
S&T possibilties: David Lee and Nate Robinson, but you know they will not do this because of 2010.
Bad contracts they just wanna throw away: Jared Jefferies and Eddy Curry

Impossible to even deal.

Rockets? Oh come on.

Young talent: Aaron Brooks, Kyle Lowry and basically nothing else.
Expirings: Tracy McGrady (Oh come on)

Cavs? Ok, lets see here.

Young talent: J.J Hickson and Daniel Gibson (what, overpaid scrub)
Useful players that they might send out for GSW: Delonte West and Ilgauskas.
Expirings: Shaquille O'Neal and Ilgauskas

Mavericks

Young talent: J.J Barea (this is getting ridiculous), Antoine Wright
Useful players who might be sent out: Josh Howard, Jason Terry (like GSW will want Terry)
Expirings: Josh Howard

My conclusion is that Stephen Jackson is going nowhere.

TDMVPDPOY
08-29-2009, 03:05 AM
anything besides top 3 + GHill...

pull the trigger

Chieflion
08-29-2009, 03:14 AM
anything besides top 3 + GHill...

pull the trigger
You mean other than the fantastic 4 and George Hill, don't you? Then we would have the famous five.

TDMVPDPOY
08-29-2009, 03:35 AM
You mean other than the fantastic 4 and George Hill, don't you? Then we would have the famous five.

fantastic 4 as in who? RJ? hahaha he has done shit as a spur to warrant such title....

holcs50
08-29-2009, 03:36 AM
Jesus wtf! I know ducks is a retarded poster at times but after reading through the last 5 pages I think he might have graduated and gone full retard! Ducks you never go full retard man. Anyways, a few observations

1. IF there was a way GS would take mason/bonner for sjax that would be absolutely fuckin amazing. Are you guys serious...mason is Nothing compared to sjax, nothing, it's really not comparable in pretty much every aspect of their games

2. I have watched GS games against the lakes quite a few times and jax has for stretches played Kobe pretty damn well. Of course, lets not get into stopping kobe because if he's on no one is stopping him, just saying he has made it tough on him from time to time

3. Some might knock his personality issues-but i disagree. If on the right team surrounded by good guys (spurs) he can be a great personality. He is extremely team oriented as in he has always established friendships with teammates-he brings big time energy/enthusiasm, and for the spurs that is needed quite a bit. He would be fine in those regards if he came back to the spurs

4. As much as I'd like it to happen I highly doubt it will. Fun to talk about though.

5. If his main goal is in fact winning another 'chip then that really rules out the rockets, NY-which would leave the Cavs or Mavs. I'd say Cavs if anything, but chances are he might stick in GS unless he really is pushing hard.

6. If the miracle happens I will cream my pants :wow

TDMVPDPOY
08-29-2009, 03:46 AM
the difference between jax and RJ/RMJ/finley/bonner

his fkn bigger and can do what those 4 players combine can do....

hence jax is a better defender on his shit day compared to them 4....

Chieflion
08-29-2009, 03:49 AM
the difference between jax and RJ/RMJ/finley/bonner

his fkn bigger and can do what those 4 players combine can do....

hence jax is a better defender on his shit day compared to them 4....
What? You put RMJ and Finley together, you still only get a sharpshooter who is weak on defense. Same goes for Bonner. The only guy left is Jefferson who does things like score within the flow of an offense which is what Stephen Jackson is not accustomed to doing.

TDMVPDPOY
08-29-2009, 03:54 AM
What? You put RMJ and Finley together, you still only get a sharpshooter who is weak on defense. Same goes for Bonner. The only guy left is Jefferson who does things like score within the flow of an offense which is what Stephen Jackson is not accustomed to doing.

so ur saying jax wont be able to score in the flow? dude he be playing different on the spurs than that shit thats played down in oakland....spurs dont have time for chuckers

Chieflion
08-29-2009, 08:07 AM
so ur saying jax wont be able to score in the flow? dude he be playing different on the spurs than that shit thats played down in oakland....spurs dont have time for chuckers
We got no time for Jax if he continues to shoot that miserable 40% from the field even while he was on the Spurs.

Mel_13
08-29-2009, 09:42 AM
Nine months ago:

"I'm extremely happy," Jackson said. "The Bay Area has become my second home since I arrived here in 2007 and I can't accurately describe how good it feels to be wanted and appreciated by an organization. The Warriors from Chris Cohan, Robert Rowell, Chris Mullin and Coach Nelson to the last person working in the front office have embraced me since day one. This organization has put me in a position to succeed and, for that, I will be forever grateful. I am really looking forward to the next several years, helping this young team win and providing my veteran leadership."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3709347

lotr1trekkie
08-29-2009, 09:46 AM
GS's FO is so screwed up any deal is possible. They seem to disregard any idea of team chemistry. Nelson should have retired as a coach a decade ago. He doesn't have a clue how to improve his team or its players. It is also ironic that he played off the bench for the Celtics and understood the role of role players. Finley, Mason and Bonner for SJ. Do it. We can always trade Jackson back another idiot franchise.

exstatic
08-29-2009, 09:51 AM
Stephen Jackson is one of the top 10 clutch playoff performers in the NBA. You put up with his bad ball handling and 40% overall shooting because you KNOW he's going to go Shock and Awe on a couple of teams in your playoff run. Take that shit to the bank.

bigfan
08-29-2009, 09:55 AM
Id trade Bonner and Mason for Jax too but we all know it aint gonna happen so lets all just stfu and enjoy our team as it is.

Bruno
08-29-2009, 10:10 AM
It will be awesome to pay a 35 years old SJax $10M in 2012-2013 while Spurs will likely need as much capspace as possible to build a new team. :tu

lotr1trekkie
08-29-2009, 10:11 AM
I officially predict that Richard Jefferson will wildly overachieve in the Spurs system. He is Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_'s clone. His overall scoring may go down but there will be those nites when he carries the team in scoring. He will improve our running game and will be an improvement on defense. This Jackson thing is all about will he accept a lesser role on a superior team since his career has been defined by being a prime player on inferior teams.

Darkwaters
08-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Mason + Finley + Bonner works for Jax. As they're all expirings also it's not a horrible deal for the Warriors. But the Spurs have an unproven frontcourt and if they trade off all their assets (as well as a semi-proven big in Bonner) now then they could be hurting later if/when Mahinmi/Haislip/Blair bust and Duncan/Ratliff/McDyess break down.

lotr1trekkie
08-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Don't understand my last mispost. What I wrote was that RJ was a Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ clone. How that LUCK stuff got in there I don't know.

anonoftheinternets
08-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Don't understand my last mispost. What I wrote was that RJ was a Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ clone. How that LUCK stuff got in there I don't know.

you mispelled
Elliott

no worries ....

romain.star
08-29-2009, 10:24 AM
stupid

a big man is needed here, not a SG

xtremesteven33
08-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Parker
Jackson
Jefferson
Mcdyess
Duncan

Now thats a defensive lineup....Pop needs to get that defensive mentallity back.

Defense > Offense

Dr Cox
08-29-2009, 10:55 AM
is there any chance of this happening...?

i would like to find a way to keep hill for sure if it does and mason if possible...because we wont have much proven gaurd depth if we git rid of finley and mason

Cant_Be_Faded
08-29-2009, 11:32 AM
I always find it funny how 90% of foreigners can't stand SJax, and 90% of americans still weep for the day we let him walk.

completely deck
08-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Pipe dream.

My Fault
08-29-2009, 11:42 AM
It will be awesome to pay a 35 years old SJax $10M in 2012-2013 while Spurs will likely need as much capspace as possible to build a new team. :tu
This why it won't happen. Spurs are betting on RJ and Haislip to be the defenders.

completely deck
08-29-2009, 11:43 AM
It's not going to happen.

Muser
08-29-2009, 11:53 AM

This.

exstatic
08-29-2009, 11:57 AM

Trade chip in 2012. He'd be an ending contract for a team looking to rebuild in 2013. Why be so afraid of a 35 YO Jax, anyway? It's not like he's ultra quick or a high wire act. He's an assassin with a ultra clutch jumpshot. Shit, Horry was tearing it up for us at 35.

DynastySpurs210
08-29-2009, 12:13 PM
UGH!!! we got nothin to give so everyone "stfu":ihit

Bruno
08-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Trade chip in 2012. He'd be an ending contract for a team looking to rebuild in 2013. Why be so afraid of a 35 YO Jax, anyway? It's not like he's ultra quick or a high wire act. He's an assassin with a ultra clutch jumpshot. Shit, Horry was tearing it up for us at 35.

Cap space >>>>>>>>>>>>>> expiring contract to rebuild.

And the Horry comparison is a bad one. Jackson isn't close to Horry clutchness and doesn't play the same position. If you want to have an idea about Jackson level at 35, look at what Finley has done this year.

romain.star
08-29-2009, 12:43 PM
I always find it funny how 90% of foreigners can't stand SJax, and 90% of americans still weep for the day we let him walk.

weird but true... any explanation doctor?

exstatic
08-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Cap space >>>>>>>>>>>>>> expiring contract to rebuild.

And the Horry comparison is a bad one. Jackson isn't close to Horry clutchness and doesn't play the same position. If you want to have an idea about Jackson level at 35, look at what Finley has done this year.

Steven Jackson is ultra-fucking clutch. His problem is he hasn't done a good job of picking teams to play on like Horry did. He's only been to one Finals, but you apparently haven't watched the videos in a while. Go pop game 6 of the 2003 Finals in your DVD player and watch him. I'd match that shit against Horry any day.

The Finley comparision is a bad one. Mike has never really been a consistent clutch performer in the playoffs. If you really want to see the difference, pop game 6 of the Dallas 2003 series in your DVD player. The difference will become plain to see. Jack has consistently been able to shoot his teams out of 8-10 point holes in playoff games throughout his career. That's a gift. I can remember Finley hitting one shot against Phoenix and having one good high volume game against Denver, and that's it for playoff moxie in 4 years.

Stephen Jackson is a prime time player, and you have to pay for that. You also have to put yourself in the best position to take advantage of Tim's last 3 years, and the time after that be damned. Worry about later LATER.

Bruno
08-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Steven Jackson is ultra-fucking clutch. His problem is he hasn't done a good job of picking teams to play on like Horry did. He's only been to one Finals, but you apparently haven't watched the videos in a while. Go pop game 6 of the 2003 Finals in your DVD player and watch him. I'd match that shit against Horry any day.

So one game is enough to make a player "ultra-fucking clutch".

The Finley comparision is a bad one. Mike has never really been a consistent clutch performer in the playoffs.

SJax, Consistent ?
FYI, in his last playoff series, SJax shot 27.9% from the field.

Stephen Jackson is a prime time player, and you have to pay for that. You also have to put yourself in the best position to take advantage of Tim's last 3 years, and the time after that be damned. Worry about later LATER.

It isn't a smart management not to worry about the future.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-29-2009, 01:07 PM

The Finley comparision is a bad one. Mike has never really been a consistent clutch performer in the playoffs. If you really want to see the difference, pop game 6 of the Dallas 2003 series in your DVD player. The difference will become plain to see. Jack has consistently been able to shoot his teams out of 8-10 point holes in playoff games throughout his career. That's a gift. I can remember Finley hitting one shot against Phoenix and having one good high volume game against Denver, and that's it for playoff moxie in 4 years.

This.

If there is any way to get Jax back and not sending out one of the big four, do it and worry about cap space later. If the front office is really about maximizing the end of the Duncan era, adding Jax to TD, TP, Manu, and RJ is about as maximizing as you can get.

completely deck
08-29-2009, 01:22 PM
I promise. It's not happening.

completely deck
08-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Finely + Bonner + Mason /thread

Keep + On + Dreaming /thread

Seventyniner
08-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Whether or not it's happening, I'm torn on whether I'd even want it to happen. Bonner + Finley + Williams = Jax would be a significant talent upgrade, but is cap/tax suicide. That contract is horrendous.

I guess this would be the answer to the Lakers landing Artest. Are we trying to match the Lakers crazy for crazy?

lurker23
08-29-2009, 01:37 PM
For the sake of argument, let's make the unlikely assumption that GS would be willing to accept expiring contracts for Jack. Here's what the salaries for 2010-11 look like:

Duncan: $18.8 mil
Jefferson: $15.2 mil
Parker: $13.6 mil
Jackson: $8.4 mil
McDyess: $4.9 mil
Mahinmi (team option): $1.7 mil
Hill: $0.9 mil
Blair $0.9 mil
Haislip (non-guaranteed): $0.9 mil

-----------------

Total: ~$65.3 million for 9 players

This figure is right at the projected luxury tax, and you still haven't resigned Manu Ginobili. If you manage to accomplish that, you still need at least 3 more players after that. I know the Spurs front office has shown a willingness to go above the luxury tax, but there has to be a limit to their spending.

lurker23
08-29-2009, 01:51 PM
Even if we re-sign Manu to 8 million next season that is about 73 million for 10 players. Sign some draft picks like McClinton, next years first rounder Gist and get Scola for 3.5 of the MLE and that there is 13 players for around 80 million.

Looking at Bruno's excellent salary thread:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125187

$80 million is pretty close to what we'll be paying this year. However, the luxury tax threshold will be somewhere around $5-9 million less. So, in real money, Holt & Co. will be paying $5-9 million more than they're paying this year, which is already more than they've ever paid in the past. If they're willing to pay that premium, more power to them.

HarlemHeat37
08-29-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't know why everybody thinks it's unlikely that Golden State takes contracts..I'd actually be surprised if they didn't jump at the first decent offer..

Bonner + Mason WILL do it IMO, unless another team overspends..Jackson's contract is bad, he's old, and he doesn't want to be in Golden State anymore..they have no reason not to trade him..he isn't a good enough player that they'll hold out for a good offer, he's not an all-star or anything..they already have players for the future that they're trying to build around..cap space is good enough for them IMO..

It's up to whether or not the front office is willing to do it..bad contract, as Bruno said, he'll be getting paid 10 mil at age 35, which is horrible..then there's the possible chemistry and stylistic issues with acquiring Jackson..

If the front office wants it, I think we can easily pull off a trade..I don't think they'll want it though..maybe explore it again at the deadline..

ducks
08-29-2009, 02:51 PM
manu is not worth 8 million a season

ducks
08-29-2009, 02:53 PM

manu relies on his quickness more then sj

SpurNation
08-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Jackson said he would be open to returning to the Spurs but would also welcome a trade to the Dallas Mavericks (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=dal) or Houston Rockets (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=hou).
He also mentioned Harrington's New York Knicks (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=nyk).
"I'm just looking to go somewhere where I can go and win a championship," Jackson said.

Out of that list I see San Antonio as the only legitiment option.

ducks
08-29-2009, 02:55 PM
if sj wanted to be a spur still he would still be

ducks
08-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Stephen Jackson is one of the top 10 clutch playoff performers in the NBA. You put up with his bad ball handling and 40% overall shooting because you KNOW he's going to go Shock and Awe on a couple of teams in your playoff run. Take that shit to the bank.

really last playoff he shot 27%:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

gospursgojas
08-29-2009, 03:04 PM
if sj wanted to be a spur still he would still be

Iirc....Jax never wanted to leave. His agent told him to hold out for more money, and the spurs went on and signed hedo. Jax wound up in atl with practically the same contract the spurs were offering

Kinda like ariza this year

Mel_13
08-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Iirc....Jax never wanted to leave. His agent told him to hold out for more money, and the spurs went on and signed hedo. Jax wound up in atl with practically the same contract the spurs were offering

Kinda like ariza this year

He signed with ATL for much less than the Spurs offered. His agent did not make a counteroffer to the Spurs initial offer and did not return repeated attempts by the FO to contact him. The Spurs moved on to make the deal for Hedo and there was no market around the NBA for Jackson at his asking price. Jackson and the Spurs would have been much better off if his agent was more reasonable.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1030223/index.htm

DPG21920
08-29-2009, 03:25 PM
I don't know why everybody thinks it's unlikely that Golden State takes contracts..I'd actually be surprised if they didn't jump at the first decent offer..

Bonner + Mason WILL do it IMO, unless another team overspends..Jackson's contract is bad, he's old, and he doesn't want to be in Golden State anymore..they have no reason not to trade him..he isn't a good enough player that they'll hold out for a good offer, he's not an all-star or anything..they already have players for the future that they're trying to build around..cap space is good enough for them IMO..

It's up to whether or not the front office is willing to do it..bad contract, as Bruno said, he'll be getting paid 10 mil at age 35, which is horrible..then there's the possible chemistry and stylistic issues with acquiring Jackson..

If the front office wants it, I think we can easily pull off a trade..I don't think they'll want it though..maybe explore it again at the deadline..

That is what I think as well. Mason is young and expiring. Not only can he provide scoring for them, but he is a much cheaper Jax. Then Bonner is useful in their system. I compared him to their poor mans Troy Murphy, who was successful in that system.

If you throw in Tiago, I bet it could be done. I do not know if I would want that, but it would be hard to pass up.

yavozerb
08-29-2009, 03:29 PM
If mason would be included who would be the other SG? I always considered Jax a Sf..

wildbill2u
08-29-2009, 03:30 PM

Jackson is such a black hole--no pass to him goes unshot. What makes anyone think his ego would accept being no more than a third or fourth option here?

Go check out that recent video of Pop where he talks about a comparison of RJ and Jax.

DPG21920
08-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Ya, he says Jax is one of his favorite people in the world.

rayray2k8
08-29-2009, 03:46 PM
He's got no chance of becoming a spur.

completely deck
08-29-2009, 03:49 PM
He's got no chance of becoming a spur.

This times a trillion.

ducks
08-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Yeah out of tge 4 teams tge Spurs are really the only ones who could make a decent offer. Bonner+Mason+Finley would be the best fit for Golden State player and salary wise unless the Mavs offer JET. So basically if a trade happens Between these 4 teams I see tge Spurs with the pieces to make it.

or gs could just suspend sj for conduct bad for the team and not pay him
until gs trades him to a team they want to

or sj could pull a kobe and decide to stay there

DPG21920
08-29-2009, 04:03 PM
^ They cannot do that Ducks. They cannot sit him and not pay him.

ducks
08-29-2009, 04:04 PM
should be able to

wildbill2u
08-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Out of that list I see San Antonio as the only legitiment option.

Wee..ll you could trade Jax to Houston for Barry, Kyle Lowery and Brian Cook if you could Hold Nellie down, boys, hold ol Nellie down

ducks
08-29-2009, 04:10 PM
mcgrady for sj

DPG21920
08-29-2009, 04:14 PM
mcgrady for sj

Who else would Golden State have to give up?

DPG21920
08-29-2009, 04:16 PM
Also, why would Houston want to take on that contract when he does not help them win a title? That is why they let Artest walk. They were not going to pay him long term at his age with no chance at a title.

Same would go for SJax.

ducks
08-29-2009, 04:23 PM
they let ron walk because he walked around with just his boxers on

DPG21920
08-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Ducks is not good at basketball stuff
He cannot see the writing on the wall

ducks
08-29-2009, 04:24 PM
ducks knows computers and follower basketball

Spursfan 87
08-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Mason and Bonner for S.Jackson

If the spurs are going to bring Jax then Mason has to go. Finley needs to stay for chemistry reasons, he knows his role on the team.

Also, if you said that Mason is better than Jax, you never watched the 03 spurs play. Jax can hurt you in many ways, and he is playoff clutch. He can also play defense, something that mason cant do.

TD 21
08-29-2009, 04:58 PM
I have no interest in the Spurs acquiring Jackson. He’s mostly a defenseless, inefficient gunner who likes to over handle. He’s got a bloated contract at a position the Spurs no longer have a need for.

Mason is a better fit for this team. Two years younger, significantly less wear and tear, a much more efficient shooter and an overall hard working, committed team-first player, with no drama.

I’d be surprised to see any significant long term payroll added at this point. I suspect Splitter fills Bonner’s salary slot next year, Ginobili and Mason are re-signed to similar salary deals to what they’re making now and the rest of the roster is fleshed out with minimum or near minimum salary types like McClinton, possibly Gist and a potential 1st round pick.

I know when many Spurs fans think of Jackson they think of him in a romantic sense as far as what he contributed in ‘03. But this is a different team now and there is no need for him on this team. At $8-9 million a year for 3-4 years, to do what? Play roughly 25 mpg and generally sit in crunch time? He’d inevitably cause problems with this role because he thinks he’s better than he is.

DPG21920
08-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Jax is 10x the defender Mason is. But I am not sure if that is enough to take on the contract.

If he can be had for Bonner+Mason, from a talent standpoint, it would be hard to pass up. I am just very unsure if I want him or not.

DPG21920
08-29-2009, 05:28 PM
It is a serious cost to consider for Jax.

ducks
08-29-2009, 05:39 PM
It's almost as some of you are doing everything possible to hold on to Bonner.... I'd take a new team washing machine in exchange for the bastard

who would not

but sj is a turnover machine and wants to guarantee to start

ducks
08-29-2009, 05:40 PM
You guys who fail to see him as a very definite gain are an insult to those who pay attention to the league.

yeah since gs has done so much lately:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

EricB
08-29-2009, 05:48 PM
If Jackson wants to come back, you do whatever it takes to get him back sans trading George Hill.

See if GS wnats Bonner, Mason, Mahinmi and or Finley.

McDyess
Duncan
Jefferson
Jackson
Parker

shit you might as well just start engraving the GD trophy.

TD 21
08-29-2009, 05:51 PM
10x the defender Mason is? Please. I give him the edge due to superior length and slightly better athleticism and quickness. There's a difference between having the capabilities to be a good defender and actually being a good defender. Maybe he'd commit himself defensively on a contender? At any rate, he's definitely not a stopper and has a bloated contract.

All things considered, I wouldn't want him, despite the talent upgrade. You need players to fill roles on teams, particularly championship teams and I don't think Jackson would willingly accept the Mason role here. Sure, he accepted a role in '03, but that was because he was a mostly unestablished player on a one year deal, hoping to carve out a niche in the league. If he'd have been the guy to mess up the chemistry on a championship caliber team, it would have killed his career. Now he thinks he's a star.

You also have to consider the Spurs payroll. Do you want Jackson, who'd be the fifth option and generally on the bench in crunch time, to push Ginobili out the door, or prohibit Splitter from signing a year from now? Holt has a limit and I'd imagine he's, if not at it, awfully close.

Muser
08-29-2009, 06:11 PM
After thinking it over, if he can be had for Mason + Bonner then i'd do it, that team would truly max out the last few years of Duncan and would help tons with the matchup problems with Dallas/L.A.

I just don't see it happening though.

EricB
08-29-2009, 06:18 PM
10x the defender Mason is? Please. I give him the edge due to superior length and slightly better athleticism and quickness. There's a difference between having the capabilities to be a good defender and actually being a good defender. Maybe he'd commit himself defensively on a contender? At any rate, he's definitely not a stopper and has a bloated contract.

All things considered, I wouldn't want him, despite the talent upgrade. You need players to fill roles on teams, particularly championship teams and I don't think Jackson would willingly accept the Mason role here. Sure, he accepted a role in '03, but that was because he was a mostly unestablished player on a one year deal, hoping to carve out a niche in the league. If he'd have been the guy to mess up the chemistry on a championship caliber team, it would have killed his career. Now he thinks he's a star.

You also have to consider the Spurs payroll. Do you want Jackson, who'd be the fifth option and generally on the bench in crunch time, to push Ginobili out the door, or prohibit Splitter from signing a year from now? Holt has a limit and I'd imagine he's, if not at it, awfully close.

He played a role in 2007 for the Warriors.

No reason he can't still play a role.

ALl this silly apprehension about "omg he's acancer he won't do this, he won't do that"

Is just that.

Silly and stupid.

xtremesteven33
08-29-2009, 07:04 PM

Jackson is a much better defender than Mason. Also he has about 2-3 inches on him.

Jackson would get the nod over Jefferson in crunch time if you ask me.

Parker
Ginobili
Jackson
Mcdyess
Duncan

would be the closing team....IMO

antimvp
08-29-2009, 07:07 PM
sounds like Sjax wants to come back here......come on POP make it happen

Duncan
Mcdyess
Jackson
Jefferson
Parker

holy shit

antimvp
08-29-2009, 07:10 PM
manu
blair
hill
ian
ratliff
hairston

get rid of finley, bonner, mason

benefactor
08-29-2009, 07:13 PM
People who say we no chance of acquiring Capt. Jack obviously didn't listen to Pops most recent interview.

fusionjazzman72
08-29-2009, 07:21 PM
Didn't hear the interview what did he say?

Chieflion
08-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Usually, we rarely see Spurs-related trades on RealGM, but I found this intriguing. Basically, we were just giving up Bonner + Mason + 1st round pick for Jackson. However, would you do Ginobili + Splitter's rights for Carlos Boozer? My problem with this would be team chemistry but is this lineup too good to pass up? Boozer, unlike Ginobili is not a 100% to re-sign, and also has injury issues like Ginobili. I found this trade extremely humorous as I cannot see Boozer re-signing with the Spurs. Just some food for thought.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=940744

GS trades Jackson for Korver, rights to Splitter and future SA 1st.
Ellis-Watson
Morrow-Curry
Azubuike-Maggette
Randolph-Wright
Biedrins-Turiaf

Utah trades Korver and Boozer for Ginobili, Bonner, and Mason.
Williams-Maynor
Ginobili-Miles
Brewer-Kirilenko
Milsap-Bonner
Okur-Fesenko

SA trades Ginobili, Bonner, Mason, rights to Splitter, and a 1st for Boozer and Jackson.
Parker-Hill
Jackson-Hairston
Jefferson-Finley
Boozer-McDyess
Duncan-Ratliff

In conclusion, no way we would trade Ginobili for Boozer. Boozer would want huge money which the Spurs would be unable to give him as we would have 45 million tied up in RJ, Parker and Duncan.

DynastyBuilder
08-29-2009, 07:37 PM
Didn't hear the interview what did he say?

watch for yourself, about 1/3 into the video

http://www.nba.com/spurs/features/090825_pop.html

Kori Ellis
08-29-2009, 08:45 PM
Aside from his contract (which is far too long), he's 31 and has averaged almost 40 mpg in the last couple years. I don't know how much longer his body is going to hold up.

But you can't really compare Mason to Jack. The height difference is huge.. Mason is probably 6'4 at most and Jack is a long 6'8. Secondly, Mason's defense was HORRIBLE in the postseason. You guys can blame Pop for playing him at PG in the middle of the season all you want, but that doesn't excuse the guy not being able to guard a statue once the big lights came on. Finley was >>>>>>>>>>>> Mason on D in the postseason.

Sure, Jack's a chucker sometimes. He's scattered. He's a "thug." But he's also one fearless mofo.

I wouldn't mind them going after him. If you get rid of Mason/Bonner in the process, then you just start Manu.

Tim
McDyess
RJ
Manu
TP

Ratliff/Mahinmi
Blair
Jackson
Finley
GHill

Not bad.

SpurNation
08-29-2009, 08:54 PM
S Jax would be a gamble at best. Is he a gamble worth taking? This is what I believe.

In his heart of hearts I think S Jax WANTS to be a Spur. I think the experience lived while on the team is what he's been looking for since he left.

Would he be a positive addition?...DEFINATELY. And it's a position (SF) that the Spurs are thinest at.

But he can also adjust to SG in the event that Ginobili goes down with injury again.

What is the common goal? To win a championship right?

Having the best players on a team to help achieve that goal would be what the team (coaches and owner) would want to happen.

If it menat that for the next 2 years giving this team what they needed to have the best ability to win 1 to 2 more championships I say yes. Because after Duncan is gone and Ginobili is too scarred with injuries (even if he remains a Spur and Parker for that matter)...what legitiment possibility does this team have to win another championship after 2011?

jag
08-29-2009, 08:56 PM
The main reason i'd like to see the Spurs go after Jack is actually due to his defensive capabilities. He could start or come off the bench and effectively guard a guy like Dirk, Odom, Melo or Bron...that's something the Spurs just don't have right now. Jefferson is a fairly big 3...but he's not the defensive player that Jack is.

benefactor
08-29-2009, 09:02 PM
Jack gives us attitude and edge...something we could definitely use a little more of.

Sdayi135
08-29-2009, 09:59 PM
swap Mason for Finely + Bonner and I'll do it.

Otherwise.....PASS.

As I said that ship sailed in 2003. Let it sail away for all he's become since.

I'd rather deal for a Bell or Nocioni instead.

ducks
08-29-2009, 10:57 PM
starting manu will make sure he is not healthy for the playoffs

and mason competly lost his confidence last year after the backup point guard
also pop telling everyone they sucked without manu did not help mason's confidence either

jackson also has logged all those minutes and his last playoffs his shooting sucked less then 28%

how much is really left in sj's tank

ducks
08-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Aside from his contract (which is far too long), he's 31 and has averaged almost 40 mpg in the last couple years. I don't know how much longer his body is going to hold up.

But you can't really compare Mason to Jack. The height difference is huge.. Mason is probably 6'4 at most and Jack is a long 6'8. Secondly, Mason's defense was HORRIBLE in the postseason. You guys can blame Pop for playing him at PG in the middle of the season all you want, but that doesn't excuse the guy not being able to guard a statue once the big lights came on. Finley was >>>>>>>>>>>> Mason on D in the postseason.

Sure, Jack's a chucker sometimes. He's scattered. He's a "thug." But he's also one fearless mofo.

I wouldn't mind them going after him. If you get rid of Mason/Bonner in the process, then you just start Manu.

Tim
McDyess
RJ
Manu
TP

Ratliff/Mahinmi
Blair
Jackson
Finley
GHill

Not bad.

would sj be willing to come off the bench?

timaios
08-29-2009, 11:45 PM
jackson also has logged all those minutes and his last playoffs his shooting sucked less then 28%

You keep saying this bs again and again...

In his last playoffs his shooting was 37.9 %.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/stephen_jackson/career_stats.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jacksst02.html

completely deck
08-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Not bad.

You know the Spurs probably more than I do, and stranger things have happened, but I thought it was painfully obvious that this is such a huge pipe dream/preseason rumor. In the latest interview with coach Pop, he admitted Jackson to bringing drama and being a headcase. Do you think he'd be willing to bring that chemistry back into the locker room? Not my Pop :pop: :blah

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-30-2009, 12:11 AM
I have no interest in the Spurs acquiring Jackson. He’s mostly a defenseless, inefficient gunner who likes to over handle. He’s got a bloated contract at a position the Spurs no longer have a need for.

I know when many Spurs fans think of Jackson they think of him in a romantic sense as far as what he contributed in ‘03. But this is a different team now and there is no need for him on this team. At $8-9 million a year for 3-4 years, to do what? Play roughly 25 mpg and generally sit in crunch time? He’d inevitably cause problems with this role because he thinks he’s better than he is.

Mostly defenseless? He had Dirk hiding behind Cuban's skirt when GS thrashed Dallas. He also has played well against Odom in the past. Yep, "defenseless".

The guy is a stone cold assassin in fourth quarters from the perimeter. You bring him in for that and his D on some of our problem matchups.

Kori Ellis
08-30-2009, 12:15 AM
You know the Spurs probably more than I do, and stranger things have happened, but I thought it was painfully obvious that this is such a huge pipe dream/preseason rumor. In the latest interview with coach Pop, he admitted Jackson to bringing drama and being a headcase. Do you think he'd be willing to bring that chemistry back into the locker room? Not my Pop :pop: :blah

Pop never said Jack was drama and a headcase in San Antonio. But obviously he's been that since he left.

And the locker room chemistry was awesome when Jack was here. He was really really tight with Tim and Malik.

But no, I don't think it will happen. :lol

Mel_13
08-30-2009, 12:28 AM
You keep saying this bs again and again...

In his last playoffs his shooting was 37.9 %.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/stephen_jackson/career_stats.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jacksst02.html

It's not BS, it's just not precisely stated.

In the Dallas series in 2007 he shot 45.2% overall, including 47.5% of his 3s.

In the Utah series it was 27.9% and 21.9%.

So he shot less than 28% in his last playoff series.

Spursfan 87
08-30-2009, 12:48 AM
i dont think that it will happen, not because the spurs dont want him back, but for financial reasons. The spurs already took a big financial risk in the RJ trade, I dont think they are going to take another.

I just really hope that he doesn't end up in dallas.

TDMVPDPOY
08-30-2009, 01:39 AM
gettin jax back now, is what couldve been a dynasty had we resigned him in 03.....

Cry Havoc
08-30-2009, 02:03 AM
gettin jax back now, is what couldve been a dynasty had we resigned him in 03.....

:rolleyes

kobyz
08-30-2009, 02:13 AM
another idea for trade:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=km7kbr

Chieflion
08-30-2009, 02:20 AM
another idea for trade:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=km7kbr
Golden State will not trade Azuibuike for Finley.

FkLA
08-30-2009, 02:32 AM
Is there actually any rumors linking Jax to the Spurs aside from him saying he'd like to be back in any of the Texas teams? Regardless I'd be ecstatic if we got him, he is a proven postseason performer and knows the system and our Big 3 fairly well. His defense is also underrated...he could fit in at the 2 just fine, and Manu would still come off the bench. And people bringing up his post-season or regular season FG% in GS are retarded, he doesnt have a guy like Duncan getting open looks for him and he is expected to carry a bigger portion of the offensive load there than he would be here. His percentages would obviously increase to a respectable number.

Regarding the contract, its $8 mill per year...for a 20 ppg scorer thats proven to deliver in the postseason, knows the system, and plays good D. How is that not worth $8 mill/yr, especially considering how grossly overpaid alot of players around the league are?I welcome Jefferson to the team with open arms, but he makes twice the money Jax makes and he is not even close to being twice the player. If anything Jax is underpaid, $8 mill per yr for a player of his skill is actually a great value.

If the Warriors would accept a Finley/Bonner & Mason deal, or even all 3...there is no reason whatsoever why the Spurs shouldnt pull the trigger. This is a no brainer.

Chieflion
08-30-2009, 02:38 AM
people bringing up his post-season or regular season FG% in GS are retarded, he doesnt have a guy like Duncan getting open looks for him and he is expected to carry a bigger portion of the offensive load there than he would be here.
Fact is that he has always been subpar from the field, regardless of who he has as a team member. His highest FG% was not even with Duncan, it was with Baron Davis when he was brought in as a swap for Troy Murphy in 2007 and ran with Davis to bring the Warriors to the playoffs and brought sad memories for the Mavericks.

TDMVPDPOY
08-30-2009, 02:39 AM
jax is 31...and his contract runs out till his 34+

but who cares right? his been keepin himself in good shape and conditioning very well....physically he looks like a beasts atm....

the long 3 that we been waiting for...

fuck them haters who dont want him back cause they are scared their favorite player will be relegated to the bench...

Chieflion
08-30-2009, 02:46 AM

but who cares right? his been keepin himself in good shape and conditioning very well....physically he looks like a beasts atm....

fuck them haters who dont want him back cause they are scared their favorite player will be relegated to the bench...
If anyone gets relegated to the bench, it is because they are not good enough. I think everyone knows that.

Das Texan
08-30-2009, 02:47 AM
go get buckets.

dust off the #3.

Let's go get another ring.

FkLA
08-30-2009, 02:49 AM
Fact is that he has always been subpar from the field, regardless of who he has as a team member. His highest FG% was not even with Duncan, it was with Baron Davis when he was brought in as a swap for Troy Murphy in 2007 and ran with Davis to bring the Warriors to the playoffs and brought sad memories for the Mavericks.

He shot one of the best percentages of his career while playing here in 03' and he was a younger and much less mature player. I think he could easily get into the mid 40s% with Duncan and Tony creating so many looks. Bonner/Finley & Mason for Capt Jack is a no brainer. Fuck give them all three if the contracts work out.

I agree who cares if his contract runs for 4 yrs, its not like its a max deal or anything and we have to capitalize on Duncan's last years as much as possible.

Also what fav player are u referring to? Manu's my favorite player but he's a better fit of the bench I dont understand why other fellow Manu fans dont see that. He is good enough to carry the second unit and have the ball in his hands all the time, playing with the first unit would limit him more with so many good players in the line-up.

Chieflion
08-30-2009, 02:52 AM
He shot one of the best percentages of his career while playing here in 03' and he was a younger and much less mature player. I think he could easily get into the mid 40s% with Duncan and Tony creating so many looks. Bonner/Finley & Mason for Capt Jack is a no brainer. Fuck give them all three if the contracts work out.

I agree who cares if his contract runs for 4 yrs, its not like its a max deal or anything and we have to capitalize on Duncan's last years as much as possible.

Also what fav player are u referring to? Manu's my favorite player but he's a better fit of the bench I dont understand why other fellow Manu fans dont see that. He is good enough to carry the second unit and have the ball in his hands all the time, playing with the first unit would limit him more with so many good players in the line-up.
Maybe he will, maybe he will not due to being uncomfortable in that role as spot up shooter.

ducks
08-30-2009, 10:00 AM
mason would be more comfortable here the second season then the first

ducks
08-30-2009, 10:05 AM
I see sj going to new york

greensborohill
08-30-2009, 12:42 PM
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1974

FYI, Dallas has a crappycap, but it also has a ton of expirers. So it seems like it's just a matter of whether Dallas actuallyut case. likes Captain Jack. . . b/c we all know he's a nut case.

antimvp
08-30-2009, 12:43 PM
I think we have more to offer than anyone else.

mfanatic
08-30-2009, 12:45 PM
With:

Parker
Manu
RJ
Jackson
Duncan

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

rayray2k8
08-30-2009, 12:47 PM

DesignatedT
08-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Yea i could see us getting worked on the boards and sjax dribbling up and pulling up for 3 over and over. clank

just give me dyess please.

exstatic
08-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Jackson thread!!

http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/IBTL/1/IBTL-Dog.jpg

Muser
08-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Could you imagine people not making shit loads of threads about ex spurs players who want to be traded?

jaffies
08-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Could you imagine putting this in one of the other SJax threads.

Strike
08-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Could you imagine people not making shit loads of threads about ex spurs players who want to be traded?

http://www.megatonik.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/inconceivable-1.jpg

completely deck
08-30-2009, 12:54 PM
this thread is bad and you should feel bad

greensborohill
08-30-2009, 12:59 PM
I think we have more to offer than anyone else.

Do you have a 4 million dollar contract that can be boughtout for 1 million dollars?

They're looking for cap relief.

Dallas has

Greg Buckner 4.5 mill contract boughtout at 1 mill, Williams 2 million dollar expiring, & Gooden who has a 4.5 million dollar contract that can be boughtout at 1.9 million. Nelson is looking for cap relief & nothing more. So what can the Spurs offer in that vein.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Do you have a 4 million dollar contract that can be boughtout for 1 million dollars?

Dallas has

Greg Buckner 4.5 mill contract boughtout at 1 mill, Williams 2 million dollar expiring, & Gooden who has a 4.5 million dollar contract that can be boughtout at 1.9 million. Nelson is looking for cap relief & nothing more. So what can the Spurs offer in that vein.

Gooden can't be traded until Dec. 15.

exstatic
08-30-2009, 01:09 PM

Jackson thread!!

This is what comes of being an attention whore on ST.

crc21209
08-30-2009, 01:12 PM

Owned.

crc21209
08-30-2009, 01:14 PM

Dallas has

A package of Bonner, Finley, and Mason > Buckner, Williams, Gooden, Barea or anyone else. Bonner and Mason would thrive in Nellie's system, and well Fin knows him as well back from his Dallas days. Bonner and Mason's contracts are also expiring contracts.

greensborohill
08-30-2009, 01:14 PM

Yeh i did know that.

Buck, Williams, & Barea gets it done though. Like I said, just a matter of whether Dallas actually likes Jackson. And Don Nelson will be calling to discuss a possible deal with Dallas soon.

greensborohill
08-30-2009, 01:16 PM
A package of Bonner, Finley, and Mason > Buckner, Williams, Gooden, Barea or anyone else. Bonner and Mason would thrive in Nellie's system, and well Fin knows him as well back from his Dallas days. Bonner and Mason's contracts are also expiring contracts.

Not if cap relief is what is wanted, which is what it seems that they do want. Jax for Buckner, Wiliams, & Barea nets the Barea and gets the an instant 3 million dollar savings in Buckner. That's a done deal IMO.

Kidd
Jax
Marion
Dirk
Damp

Terry & Josh

Clutch City 01
08-30-2009, 01:21 PM
If Stephen Jax comes to the Spurs???

:lobt2: anybodyy?>?? :king

ajballer4
08-30-2009, 01:21 PM
I dont think mason should be traded. Bonner Finley Williams +1st rounder (if thats possible) would work best.

crc21209
08-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Yeh i did know that.

Buck, Williams, & Barea gets it done though. Like I said, just a matter of whether Dallas actually likes Jackson. And Don Nelson will be calling to discuss a possible deal with Dallas soon.

Nellie and Pop's relationship >>>>>> Nellie and Cuban's relationship. I think the last thing he wants to do is help that douche out.

EricB
08-30-2009, 01:30 PM
I dont think mason should be traded. Bonner Finley Williams +1st rounder (if thats possible) would work best.

Why the hell would the Warriors do that?

You give up to get.

Besides that.

Jackson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mason

exstatic
08-30-2009, 01:30 PM
http://www.davidsfunnyfarm.com/images/ars_ibtl.jpg

exstatic
08-30-2009, 01:32 PM

Jackson thread!!

This is what comes of being an attention whore on ST.

Steve-O-Matic
If Stephen Jax comes to the Spurs???

:lobt2: anybodyy?>?? :king

I'd start yet another thread about it.

spursfaninla
we definitely needed another thread on this topic. Endlessly fascinating.

Bruno
08-30-2009, 01:39 PM
If Spurs want to do a trade for SJax (I don't think it's the case), their best interest is to send as much salary as possible to lower their luxury tax hit.

Mason + Finley + Bonner for SJax would be the best trade possible for Spurs. If Spurs want to add some vet depth after that, there is a certain spa owner available...

HarlemHeat37
08-30-2009, 01:48 PM
If Spurs want to do a trade for SJax (I don't think it's the case), their best interest is to send as much salary as possible to lower their luxury tax hit.

Mason + Finley + Bonner for SJax would be the best trade possible for Spurs. If Spurs want to add some vet depth after that, there is a certain spa owner available...

Best case scenario for me..

greensborohill
08-30-2009, 01:48 PM
Nellie and Pop's relationship >>>>>> Nellie and Cuban's relationship. I think the last thing he wants to do is help that douche out.

I guess you didn't hear when I just said that Nellie is already in talks with the Mavs.

In any case, we shall see.

greensborohill
08-30-2009, 01:49 PM
When have the warriors said they want cap relief? They can still put together a decent team. Nelly is not going to give Jackson away.

Go to my link. DB.com broke the story b4 the national media did. They want Bucks contract. Is it that inconcievable? You guys got RJ for nothing.

JonNOKC
08-30-2009, 01:50 PM
I think you have to at least contact GS and make the offer - Mason,Finley,Bonner (+ draft pick if necessary) - while SJAX may have some down side he not Ron Artest - he knows what would be expected from him in SA and he didn't take SA out of list of teams he would want to play for which makes me think he is ready to accept whatever role Pop has for him and his game is better than 2003 - his assit to TO ratio for each of the last 4 years has been better than Manu's and is perfectly acceptable for a player who has the ball alot Here are reasons to do trade -

1.In Spurs system he would probably have ball less thus less TOS - also last year with injuries he played alot of point forward and had career high 6.5 assist per game (TOs was career high, but bottom line he has been a 2 to 1 ratio guy for the last 4-5 years)

2. This trade makes you longer, more athletic, more versatile on the wing, while freeing up salary and roster space for this year if you trade all three expiring contracts

3.Also note that GS has plenty uf redundancy at 2-3 spots and that Randolph, Morrow, and Azabuike are in last year of deals and Curry's rookie contract will be up before SJAX comes off books so GS has motivation for moving SJAX (although they would rather move Magggette, but that is much tougher to do)
---------------------------------------------------------------
The only reasons to not pull the trigger:

1. The main reason would be the $$ committment and if Manu has good year and stays healthy could you resign him - only Holt can really answer how long the Spurs are willing to pay luxury tax.

2. Not as big of risk as I think some people make it out to be would be SJAX attitude, chemistry, and off court behavior.

angelbelow
08-30-2009, 01:57 PM
I think we need to add draft picks or player rights, probably Tiagos.

Obstructed_View
08-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Jack missed his chance. Spurs don't need him.

Mel_13
08-30-2009, 02:20 PM
I think you have to at least contact GS and make the offer - Mason,Finley,Bonner (+ draft pick if necessary) - while SJAX may have some down side he not Ron Artest - he knows what would be expected from him in SA and he didn't take SA out of list of teams he would want to play for which makes me think he is ready to accept whatever role Pop has for him and his game is better than 2003 - his assit to TO ratio for each of the last 4 years has been better than Manu's and is perfectly acceptable for a player who has the ball alot Here are reasons to do trade -

1.In Spurs system he would probably have ball less thus less TOS - also last year with injuries he played alot of point forward and had career high 6.5 assist per game (TOs was career high, but bottom line he has been a 2 to 1 ratio guy for the last 4-5 years)

2. This trade makes you longer, more athletic, more versatile on the wing, while freeing up salary and roster space for this year if you trade all three expiring contracts

3.Also note that GS has plenty uf redundancy at 2-3 spots and that Randolph, Morrow, and Azabuike are in last year of deals and Curry's rookie contract will be up before SJAX comes off books so GS has motivation for moving SJAX (although they would rather move Magggette, but that is much tougher to do)
---------------------------------------------------------------
The only reasons to not pull the trigger:

1. The main reason would be the $$ committment and if Manu has good year and stays healthy could you resign him - only Holt can really answer how long the Spurs are willing to pay luxury tax.

2. Not as big of risk as I think some people make it out to be would be SJAX attitude, chemistry, and off court behavior.

-Manu's assist to TO ratio has been better than Jackson's every year that Ginobili has been in the NBA.

-Jackson's assist to TO ratio has been 1.47 for the last 4 years.

-roster spaces will indeed be opened by a three for one trade. How much money, if any, is saved will depend on what is done to fill those spots. If both are filled by players making the vet min, savings in salary plus lux tax for this year will be be less than 500K.

siraulo23
08-30-2009, 03:02 PM
GSW would take expiring contracts (according to hoopshype), so the trade is possible if the spurs want it

Mel_13
08-30-2009, 03:07 PM
In terms of roster spots opening I think it would be solid to use them on McClinton and Gist, ship them to Austin and save money. But realy quick, Mason+Bonner+Finley is about 1.8 million more than Jack's 7.6. Isn't that just a tad too much?

It works. GS can take back 125% of Jackson's salary + 100K. So they can take back a little bit more than 9.6M.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Not if cap relief is what is wanted, which is what it seems that they do want. Jax for Buckner, Wiliams, & Barea nets the Barea and gets the an instant 3 million dollar savings in Buckner. That's a done deal IMO.

Kidd
Jax
Marion
Dirk
Damp

Terry & Josh

The only place you are hearing about GS wanting cap relief is from DallasBasketball.com, which is a ridiculously homer Mavs site.

DPG21920
08-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Yes. Bonner + Finley + Williams works.

ChumpDumper
08-30-2009, 03:28 PM
I think we need to add draft picks or player rights, probably Tiagos.Splitter? Pass.

DPG21920
08-30-2009, 03:35 PM
I think offering Splitter plus Mason and Bonner would be about the best offer GS would get. I do not know if I like it. I think a deal could happen, but I am not sure at all how the Spurs front office views Jacksons long term salary.

DPG21920
08-30-2009, 03:37 PM
I know this is just hypothetical, but if the Spurs did this trade, and only had to give up one or the other between Mason and Finley, I think I would do this:

Starters
TP
Mason or Finley
RJ
Tim
Dice

Bench
Hill
Gino
SJ
Blair/Haislip
Ian/Bonner/Theo

Or whomever is playing better of the bigs.

DPG21920
08-30-2009, 03:38 PM
I'd say thats the worst part. But the Spurs have always done a great job of moving those long contracts. Like Rasho and Butler. Still Jackson is younger than Manu, and he would be pretty effective for the rest of Tim's contract.

I guess, but the Spurs are running out of assets to package (Scola, Tiago...)

DPG21920
08-30-2009, 03:43 PM
I would be upset as well, but it is a really tough situation. I do not think the Spurs will be duped by either Tiago or the marketplace. They will know his intentions and what other teams can offer and make a strong assessment on what to do with him.

But unless you are almost positive that he won't come over, you do not trade him. Unless it is a no brainer, which SJ is not imo. Then you have to worry about why other teams would want him.

xtremesteven33
08-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Splitter/Mason/Finley for Jax......no question....

JonNOKC
08-30-2009, 03:45 PM
-Manu's assist to TO ratio has been better than Jackson's every year that Ginobili has been in the NBA.

-Jackson's assist to TO ratio has been 1.47 for the last 4 years.

-roster spaces will indeed be opened by a three for one trade. How much money, if any, is saved will depend on what is done to fill those spots. If both are filled by players making the vet min, savings in salary plus lux tax for this year will be be less than 500K.

Sorry did look at wrong info on A to TO ratio - however the numbers are similair and SJAX has had one year with better ratio and two years with better assist per game average - if you compare SJAX TO numbers to other 2nd tier 20PPG scorers he is better than most better than Maggette, Peirce, Caron Butler, Antwaon Jamison, Ben Gordon, and Richard Jefferson just to name a few. Also true that not much money will be saved but whatever is saved would be doubled due to LT and main benefit is more young guys can fill out spots and stay with team while maybe bringing back a Bowen or other vet. This trade is simple to me - if Holt is willing to stay in LT for nex 4 years you pull the trigger if not then you hold fast.

Assist to TO ratio

Manu 2006 2007 2008 2009
Asst 3.6 3.5 4.5 3.6
TO 1.86 2.09 2.7 2.0
Ratio 1.93 1.67 1.66 1.8

SJAX 2006 2007 2008 2009
Asst 3.1 4.6 4.1 6.5
TO 2.19 2.68 2.7 3.8
Ratio 1.41 1.72 1.51 1.71

*stats from NBA.com

Agloco
08-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Captain Jack next to LeBron would be .......... scary.

Agloco
08-30-2009, 03:58 PM
They just don't have the pieces to pull it off if you were to ask me.

Agreed, which is the only reason I didn't drop a brick in my pants when I read this...

Flux451
08-30-2009, 04:05 PM
FUCK SJAX FOR LEAVING US IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

i AM BETTING ON OUR CURRENT ROSTER.

HarlemHeat37
08-30-2009, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't give up Splitter in this deal..Golden State has no leverage..we don't need Jackson, he would just be a luxury(on the court, ignoring the contracts)..they don't win in this deal if they're looking for something big, Jackson isn't good enough to bring that type of return..

They should be looking to unload the bad contract they gave him, so I honestly believe they'll take any good offer..if the FO is offering Bonner + Mason + Williams, I'd be shocked if they didn't take it..our FO has more concerns about doing this trade than their front office, since this obviously isn't a talent issue..

I'm using logic though..Golden State's front office doesn't use logic, as we've seen with most of their moves, so I guess you never know..

If the FO is really going all-out to the extreme in Duncan's last years, this could actually happen though..if Golden State is just looking for straight expirings and wouldn't ask for Mason, then I think I would have to take Jackson's salary back without question, because that would give us the best team in the NBA(health permitting of course)..

For the record..I usually dislike player's that play like Jackson plays, and he isn't exactly known as a man with great character..the key here is that he's won a title with our team, with the same core, and he has a good relationship with the main people involved..that's what makes this deal somewhat possible IMO..

bigbendbruisebrother
08-30-2009, 04:40 PM
It's funny how everyone is ga ga over Stephen Jackson now. True, Jax hit some big, big shots against Dallas in the WCF, 03. Aside from that isolated (albeit great) performance however, I cringed whenever he had the ball. His turnovers don't seem statistically to have been that big of a deal, but they seemed to come at the worst possible times. If we get him back, so be it, but I can't see Pop et al blowing their wads (and their trade bait) right now--especially given Pop's statements to effect that as long as he was around, Stephen wouldn't be.

DPG21920
08-30-2009, 04:47 PM
It would certainly create a roster crunch though position wise. Manu, Steven Jackson and Richard Jefferson; who would be playing in crunch time? Steven Jackson would be Manu insurance, but if Manu stays healthy, then there would be some serious questions that need to be answered.

I don't see the Spurs playing super small ball with TP, Manu, RJ, SJ and Tim in crunch time.

Mel_13
08-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Sorry did look at wrong info on A to TO ratio - however the numbers are similair and SJAX has had one year with better ratio and two years with better assist per game average - if you compare SJAX TO numbers to other 2nd tier 20PPG scorers he is better than most better than Maggette, Peirce, Caron Butler, Antwaon Jamison, Ben Gordon, and Richard Jefferson just to name a few. Also true that not much money will be saved but whatever is saved would be doubled due to LT and main benefit is more young guys can fill out spots and stay with team while maybe bringing back a Bowen or other vet. This trade is simple to me - if Holt is willing to stay in LT for nex 4 years you pull the trigger if not then you hold fast.

Assist to TO ratio

Manu 2006 2007 2008 2009
Asst 3.6 3.5 4.5 3.6
TO 1.86 2.09 2.7 2.0
Ratio 1.93 1.67 1.66 1.8

SJAX 2006 2007 2008 2009
Asst 3.1 4.6 4.1 6.5
TO 2.19 2.68 2.7 3.8
Ratio 1.41 1.72 1.51 1.71

*stats from NBA.com

I agree with your conclusion, with the caveat that obtaining Jackson does not preclude signing Manu to an extension if justified by his health and level of play.

For the sake of accuracy, though, your numbers are still off. The first two sets of numbers you have for Jackson are from the Indiana and GS portions of the 2006-2007 season, not two separate seasons. When you use his totals for each season, you will see that Manu has had a better ratio in every season in which both players have been in the NBA.:toast