PDA

View Full Version : So I got this guy fired yesterday

Homeland Security
11-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Lately at work I've been hitting my stride in a big way. My area has gone from the straggler to the leader. Rates are up, quality is up, profits are up, everything is up. They have to hire extra people to put in my empire to keep up with all the innovations I am coming up with. I singlehandedly am changing the market for our products. I am being recognized for it, believe me.

So anyway there's this guy in a rival department who's been a thorn in my side as long as I have been here. While smart, the guy is a dumbass. Full of bluster but doesn't know how to get results. He ignored my area because until I got here there was no glory to be had, but suddenly he wanted to latch on and take credit for my successes.

Well I was having none of it. He gets up there and starts presenting all these things his area supposedly has accomplished, and whaddya know, all my most successful initiatives are on his list. Maybe in the past he could talk his way out of it, but I have my data down. I know all the numbers. I know all the things he would need to know for him to claim the things he's claiming. So I don't let him finish -- I start tearing him apart. Challenging every line item. Where's his data? How did he decide on those objectives? And he has nothing. He tries his management-speak to weasel out of it, but I have him cornered. And I don't let up. I let the Board know that everything he's presenting is bullshit. He's just standing there with the deer in the leadlights look. And then I move in for the kill. I call for his job.

And sure enough, they fired him right there in front of me.

It was delicious. I've never hunted, but it couldn't feel as good as this. The guy was powerless before me; I humiliated him. He was putty in my hands; I bet he wet himself. I wrecked his career. I'm not sure it would feel as good if I murdered him outright.

Just thought I'd share.

manustarting2gd
11-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Murderaaaaaaa!

The Reckoning
11-05-2009, 07:20 PM
sounds like your time in the politics forum finally got to your head at work

TDMVPDPOY
11-05-2009, 07:39 PM
wat do you sell man

clambake
11-05-2009, 07:44 PM
hitting your stride.

PM5K
11-05-2009, 07:48 PM
If this story is true, you now belong in this group:

Chuck Norris
Jack Bauer
The Dos Equis Guy

redskinfan
11-05-2009, 07:49 PM
so there is an opening at popular bakery huh?

doobs
11-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Was he a psychiatrist at Ft. Hood?

Nbadan
11-05-2009, 11:15 PM
sounds like your time in the politics forum finally got to your head at work

:lol

Karma baby...

Vinnie_Johnson
11-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Wait a second 7-11 has a Board?

BeefAnus II
11-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Lately at work I've been hitting my stride in a big way. My area has gone from the straggler to the leader. Rates are up, quality is up, profits are up, everything is up. They have to hire extra people to put in my empire to keep up with all the innovations I am coming up with. I singlehandedly am changing the market for our products. I am being recognized for it, believe me.

So anyway there's this guy in a rival department who's been a thorn in my side as long as I have been here. While smart, the guy is a dumbass. Full of bluster but doesn't know how to get results. He ignored my area because until I got here there was no glory to be had, but suddenly he wanted to latch on and take credit for my successes.

Well I was having none of it. He gets up there and starts presenting all these things his area supposedly has accomplished, and whaddya know, all my most successful initiatives are on his list. Maybe in the past he could talk his way out of it, but I have my data down. I know all the numbers. I know all the things he would need to know for him to claim the things he's claiming. So I don't let him finish -- I start tearing him apart. Challenging every line item. Where's his data? How did he decide on those objectives? And he has nothing. He tries his management-speak to weasel out of it, but I have him cornered. And I don't let up. I let the Board know that everything he's presenting is bullshit. He's just standing there with the deer in the leadlights look. And then I move in for the kill. I call for his job.

And sure enough, they fired him right there in front of me.

It was delicious. I've never hunted, but it couldn't feel as good as this. The guy was powerless before me; I humiliated him. He was putty in my hands; I bet he wet himself. I wrecked his career. I'm not sure it would feel as good if I murdered him outright.

Just thought I'd share.
personally i think u could have done better, watch entourage and do something ari does to some one else. Funniest shit ever! lol

DarkReign
11-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Wait a second 7-11 has a Board?

If he is who he says he is, think much larger. HS is the clearly smartest person on this forum, like borderline brilliant. It goes...

HS
Marcus Bryant or Winehole (either or)
Whottt

Feel like I am forgetting someone in there.

lefty
11-06-2009, 09:54 AM
If he is who he says he is, think much larger. HS is the clearly smartest person on this forum, like borderline brilliant. It goes...

HS
Marcus Bryant or Winehole (either or)
Whottt

Feel like I am forgetting someone in there.
Thanks man :bang

BacktoBasics
11-06-2009, 10:00 AM
As much as I appreciate the demise of others a real professional would have waited until the meeting was over and met with the board or his superiors in private. This way the recourse or retaliation would fall on your management not you. Deferment is always the safest bet. Plus you never really want to expose yourself unnecessarily. Could have backfired with the two of you there in disagreement. I would have opted for a more one sided approach where you control all the variables.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-06-2009, 10:00 AM
so there is an opening at popular bakery huh?

La popular?

katyon6th
11-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Personally, I think Extra Stout is a serial killer.

DarkReign
11-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks man :bang

Fuck off, Canadian. :lmao

DarkReign
11-06-2009, 10:15 AM

You know...it wouldnt surprise me, I guess. Especially if he has lost his religion.

DarkReign
11-06-2009, 10:16 AM
I knew I forgot someone, Chumpdumper.

Believe it or not, if you cut through his argument style, dude knows his shit thoroughly.

desflood
11-06-2009, 10:20 AM
A lot of the bright ones are.

lefty
11-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Fuck off, Canadian. :lmao
I'm not canadian :bang

I'm a citizen of the world :rolleyes

DarkReign
11-06-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm not canadian :bang

I'm a citizen of the world :rolleyes

Yeah, youre not.

Homeland Security
11-19-2009, 08:33 AM
As much as I appreciate the demise of others a real professional would have waited until the meeting was over and met with the board or his superiors in private. This way the recourse or retaliation would fall on your management not you. Deferment is always the safest bet. Plus you never really want to expose yourself unnecessarily. Could have backfired with the two of you there in disagreement. I would have opted for a more one sided approach where you control all the variables.

I appreciate the advice there. This was kind of an impulse thing. While it was extremely gratifying to carry out that kind of degradation and humiliation, it's important to uphold patience and discretion as my two strategic pillars if I want to accomplish my longer-term goals.

ChumpDumper
11-19-2009, 01:58 PM
I can't think of a more successful troll in the political forum than HS.

Nice story in the OP. Hopefully there isn't some kind of backlash down the line.

Whisky Dog
11-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Sounds foolish to me. You've exposed yourself and may now be a target from multiple angles.