PDA

View Full Version : Spurstalk, RIP.

stéphane
11-19-2009, 08:35 AM
When I first came in here five years ago, this forum used to be a great place for reading articles about my beloved Spurs and a place with die hard Spurs fan who had great basketball knowledge.
For about 6months now, this board has really fallen from grace.
Most of the thread are ridiculous if not despicable.
Most of the posters brings absolutely nothing to the board and I honestly pity their idiocy.
You (and you know who you are) have no respect for our players nor the people who works for the spurs and know only how to call them names after every miss shot or mistake.
Even when our player injure themselves you treat them like shit.
This board is far away from what it used to be and that's real sad, I only read thread started by 228 these days because I know it's articles she gathers.
I'm outta here.
Farewell to the Spurs fans that know how to behave themselves.

jgome21
11-19-2009, 08:37 AM
ferp

ElNono
11-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.
And please stay out when we start winning again...

Brazil
11-19-2009, 08:54 AM
Sorry ElNono he has a point. As of today there are more interesting stuff in NBA forum, other teams fans show more respect and knowledge about the spurs than in its own forum. With the losses stupid threads and posts are increasing a lot.

sonic21
11-19-2009, 08:56 AM
well i'll start posting more, this should improve the spurs section.

i'll start right now a tony vs manu thread. :tu

I. Hustle
11-19-2009, 08:58 AM
Don't let the door hitcha on the vagina

ElNono
11-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Sorry ElNono he has a point. As of today there are more interesting stuff in NBA forum, other teams fans show more respect and knowledge about the spurs than in its own forum. With the losses stupid threads and posts are increasing a lot.

This place always has gone through these cycles when we're not winning.
You do need a thicker skin if you can't handle it. Or do what he/she does, leave.

ElNono
11-19-2009, 09:00 AM

:lol

The Truth #6
11-19-2009, 09:02 AM
The OP has some valid points. It seems more chaotic now. The veterans no longer contribute. The level of discussion is much lower.

Chieflion

Start a "Bonner sucks ass" thread. We need one of those so to act ignorant even though Bonner carried us with his threes at the start of the game.

Pentagruel
I'm going to have to agree with the OP here. I used to enjoy coming here to read articles and quality original posts in this forum, and more and more often i'm disappointed by a bunch of name calling 'fans' who overreact in every situation be it good or bad. I find more levelheaded fans at ISH and that says it all. There are still a good number of knowledgeable fans here but also an overwhelming flood of lunatics.

stéphane
11-19-2009, 09:06 AM
This place always has gone through these cycles when we're not winning.
You do need a thicker skin if you can't handle it. Or do what he/she does, leave.

It has nothing to do with being a Spurs fan, always been and always will be. Just wasting my time reading the threads for about 6months now and wanted to express my displeasure before stopping coming to what was once for a long time my favorite website. As the spur on my avatar says, I have been here long enough to be able to express my point of view. It's not about winning or losing, it's about posters behavior. There's a difference between a well thought criticism and some piss poor disrespect bandwagon whining.

urunobili
11-19-2009, 09:09 AM
The OP has some valid points. It seems more chaotic now. The veterans no longer contribute. The level of discussion is much lower.

:depressed

celldweller
11-19-2009, 09:14 AM
:lol After every loss, people act like it's December 20, 2012 around here.

ElNono
11-19-2009, 09:32 AM
It has nothing to do with being a Spurs fan, always been and always will be. Just wasting my time reading the threads for about 6months now and wanted to express my displeasure before stopping coming to what was once for a long time my favorite website. As the spur on my avatar says, I have been here long enough to be able to express my point of view. It's not about winning or losing, it's about posters behavior. There's a difference between a well thought criticism and some piss poor disrespect bandwagon whining.

Use the ignore list. It's a little more work, but you can identify who the clowns are and skip over their posts.

td_tp_manu
11-19-2009, 09:53 AM
I have the same feeling though I've been here only for 1.5 years... but this seems unavoidable for discussion forums, or popular discussion forums.

jb4g
11-19-2009, 09:57 AM
welcome to the internet.

Bender
11-19-2009, 09:58 AM
I agree somewhat with the OP. I have been here, under a couple of user names, since 2003 offseason. I don't really contribute much intelligent basketball knowledge, but I don't trash up the forum either...
However, you can't remove ALL the meltdown stuff, you do need a mix of the two...

Like the OP, I also wish the more knowledgeable long-time members contributed more.

I like reading takes by timvp, kori, from way downtown, solid D, and quite a few others.

spursfan09
11-19-2009, 10:37 AM
It's true. The Vets don't post anymore.... They brought good takes.

Brazil
11-19-2009, 10:48 AM
I agree somewhat with the OP. I have been here, under a couple of user names, since 2003 offseason. I don't really contribute much intelligent basketball knowledge, but I don't trash up the forum either...
However, you can't remove ALL the meltdown stuff, you do need a mix of the two...

Like the OP, I also wish the more knowledgeable long-time members contributed more.

I like reading takes by timvp, kori, from way downtown, solid D, and quite a few others.

Exactly.

My BB knowledge is quite limited, I have been raised in France and BB is like soccer for US citizens but I really enjoy following the spurs team and the rest of the NBA. I don't want to become an expert or something but I try to contribute and I look for information and analysis regarding BB. Right now the forum is so polluted that it's difficult to see the pertinent takes.

I'm not going to give up, the forum will raise at the same speed than the spurs like usual. It's just annoying.

TDomination
11-19-2009, 10:51 AM
I have been here maybe for about a year but even in this year i see the difference.

Too many "trade ______" threads after every game. I think right now we are on "trade Parker" soon it will be "trade Mason" or "trade Manu" b/c of his injuries.

But whatever, i'm still on this site either way and i don't plan on leaving so i guess it doesn't matter lol.

timvp
11-19-2009, 10:56 AM
Eh. This is always the worst time of year on the forum. The excitement of the new season has worn off and the Spurs are off to their customary slow start so Spurs fans are in panic mode. New Age Spurs Fans don't recognize the pattern so they meltdown. Spurs fans who have been around the block know that it is part of the process so they just ignore the meltdowns.

Once the team hits its stride and we are enough games into the season to start making some conclusions on where the Spurs stand, the conversations get more interesting.

And really, the meltdowns this year aren't any worse than meltdowns of previous years. I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen more cliff jumpers.

Kori Ellis
11-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Last night, I thought about cleaning it up, but it was too overwhelming -- it was like the Spurs lost the .4 game or something.

Anyway, the best way to fix things is two-fold.

1. When someone makes a stupid thread -- don't post in it. The reason those threads stay on the front page is because you guys post in them over and over and over telling the OP that they are dumb. If you don't post in stupid threads, they'll be off the front page in a matter of hours.

2. Contribute to good threads or start your own. Instead of whining about the quality of the forum going down, contribute to it going back up.

Pretty basic internet strategy.

Anyway, I blame the increased stupidity on a variety of things...

1. People love Manu and hate that he's been injured for SOOOOOOOOOO long now. So they lash out into freaks.

2. People had extremely high hopes about this season, so are losing it at 4-5.

3. People are seeing the Duncan era is coming to an end soon. And obviously, that causes anxiety.

4. There are a lot of people pretending to be Spurs fans here that aren't. I could name the posters, but I won't. Instead, I'll eliminate them.

The only one of these that I can do anything about is 4.

Chomag
11-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Why can't I just get my way and only my way? :violin

Seriously, this is a discussions board where people are allowed to have an opinion on. Just because we don't agree with what some things our team might be doing does not make anyone less a fan then the other.

I'm getting more tiered of the "I'm a better fan then you are" crap then anything else.

Here is the thing, if you don't like a thread don't read or post in it. It's a simple skill called self will that alot have lost.

Bukefal
11-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Im on here only for a couple of months, since March or something, but I notice after the summer the forum definitely worsened. So much bullshit threads opened, all the drama when Spurs lose a game. The threads about firing and trading opened every single day, even if the season just started. That's too bad, but im still enjoying the forum.

velik_m
11-19-2009, 11:26 AM

http://tcritic.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/greaterdickwad.jpg

z0sa
11-19-2009, 11:39 AM
I'm a veteran. Nothing has changed.

hater
11-19-2009, 11:46 AM
mo money mo problems

in other words

mo users mo retards

whottt
11-19-2009, 11:57 AM
Last night, I thought about cleaning it up, but it was too overwhelming -- it was like the Spurs lost the .4 game or something.

1. When someone makes a stupid thread -- don't post in it. The reason those threads stay on the front page is because you guys post in them over and over and over telling the OP that they are dumb. If you don't post in stupid threads, they'll be off the front page in a matter of hours.

2. Contribute to good threads or start your own. Instead of whining about the quality of the forum going down, contribute to it going back up.

3. Spurs Report stimulus package

lefty
11-19-2009, 12:44 PM
sorry elnono he has a point. As of today there are more interesting stuff in nba forum, other teams fans show more respect and knowledge about the spurs than in its own forum. With the losses stupid threads and posts are increasing a lot.
+1

EmptyMan
11-19-2009, 12:49 PM

1. People love Manu and hate that he's been injured for SOOOOOOOOOO long now. So they lash out into freaks.

3. People are seeing the Duncan era is coming to an end soon. And obviously, that causes anxiety.

4. There are a lot of people pretending to be Spurs fans here that aren't. I could name the posters, but I won't. Instead, I'll eliminate them.

lol, I'd love for you to name 4. Is it all the non-og super mega spurs fans that don't tow the "It's only December" party line?

People need to just hit their threshold of misery, and then simply enjoy the last days of Duncan.

Manu20
11-19-2009, 12:50 PM
It feels like every other November I have been in the forum.

Fabbs
11-19-2009, 01:00 PM
I like a lot of the chicks some posters have in their sigs.

mexicanjunior
11-19-2009, 01:08 PM
why can't i just get my way and only my way? :violin

seriously, this is a discussions board where people are allowed to have an opinion on. Just because we don't agree with what some things our team might be doing does not make anyone less a fan then the other.

I'm getting more tiered of the "i'm a better fan then you are" crap then anything else.

Here is the thing, if you don't like a thread don't read or post in it. It's a simple skill called self will that alot have lost.

+1

polandprzem
11-19-2009, 01:13 PM
I also see how ST fallen a bit.
I've been here from the very begining and so many precious people were here. now with the troll era and liberal rules this forum is total chaos and I really do not know where can I post something.
I find it useles so I post some bullshit or tough sarcasm in some threads

whottt
11-19-2009, 01:16 PM
If you guys really want it fixed there is only one solution...for the Spurs to get worse and for them to stay that way for a few years.

That is the only thing that is going to truly fix it.

So the first thing ST posters can actively do is start celebrating losses instead of being outraged by them. Or at the very least stop being outraged by them.

WildcardManu
11-19-2009, 01:19 PM

Just like the thread you just created. You're not the first one creating a thread about pointless and dumb topics when the Spurs lose. You just created one right after they lost last night so you just contributed another junk thread.

spurs1990
11-19-2009, 01:20 PM

This would solve all...however, there are several interlopers who tend to invade these 'stupid' threads and increase their visability.

I must say it's rather silly to raise protests over such an uncontrollable environment as an internet message board. The irony is that the OP has contributed to that which she/he laments about.

mexicanjunior
11-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Eh. This is always the worst time of year on the forum. The excitement of the new season has worn off and the Spurs are off to their customary slow start so Spurs fans are in panic mode.

What is so "customary" about this slow start? In the last 5 years, we have only started this bad once and that was last year when even Pop admits they were not serious contenders with the way the team was constructed. With the exception of 2003, every strong start equated to a strong finish (championship or WCF).

2003 = 6-4
2004 = 5-5
2005 = 8-2
2006 = 8-2
2007 = 8-2
2008 = 8-2
2009 = 5-5

bigbendbruisebrother
11-19-2009, 01:33 PM
What does the OP want "veteran" posters to say that hasn't already been said? I think most folks are just waiting to see how the chemistry of this squad works out.

TDMVPDPOY
11-19-2009, 01:35 PM
quantity > quality okay

Whisky Dog
11-19-2009, 01:49 PM
There is a lot of trash here but it was like that in 2006 when I first saw the place. Just more new users posting trash instead of the same ones over and over posting trash

kace
11-19-2009, 01:53 PM

so basically,your answer to the complaints about stupid threads/posts increasing in ST is "stop being stupid" :lol. i guess the ones being stupid don't know they are. we're not talking about trolls here.

we're talking about moderation, even if i respect your will to let the things as free as possible.

we got to know also that even such a successful forum with many members relies a lot indeed on few quality and prolix members to start threads and/or liven up them. when such members (as timvp, despite his bad faith and his annoying church) post less, the level of the forum decrease.

Brazil
11-19-2009, 02:32 PM
What is so "customary" about this slow start? In the last 5 years, we have only started this bad once and that was last year when even Pop admits they were not serious contenders with the way the team was constructed. With the exception of 2003, every strong start equated to a strong finish (championship or WCF).

2003 = 6-4
2004 = 5-5
2005 = 8-2
2006 = 8-2
2007 = 8-2
2008 = 8-2
2009 = 5-5

we got your point, you already posted that in other threads.

mexicanjunior
11-19-2009, 02:39 PM
we got your point, you already posted that in other threads.

But yet people keep posting to the contrary...

PM5K
11-19-2009, 02:41 PM
I've been here almost five years and it's always been this way.

Kori Ellis
11-19-2009, 02:41 PM
so basically,your answer to the complaints about stupid threads/posts increasing in ST is "stop being stupid" :lol. i guess the ones being stupid don't know they are. we're not talking about trolls here.

Oh they know they are (for the most part).

There are a number of posters here that you guys consider 'good' and they have an alternate screen name trashing the Spurs regularly and making stupid posts. That's why I said in my post that I would eliminate these people.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-19-2009, 02:47 PM
So that's why I couldn't sign in with my Fabbs SN. I guess you can ignore that PM Kori.

As for the rest of it, some veteran posters take their cues from Robert Horry and don't turn it on until the end of the season. Others are just so damn old that they have to do it that way. :lol

The other problem is that the people that make intelligent, informed threads just don't have enough to work with as far as a sample size goes for this season. There's injuries, there's new faces, there's the typical Frankenstein line ups and early season ennui. About the only thing that can be argued with any certainty are the things that folks with brains around here knew to expect and were already discussed ad nauseum in August.

sonic21
11-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Oh they know they are (for the most part).

There are a number of posters here that you guys consider 'good' and they have an alternate screen name trashing the Spurs regularly and making stupid psots. That's why I said in my post that I would eliminate these people.

so that's why Solid D, Bruno, Timvp and you are not posting as much lately.

rayray2k8
11-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Eh. This is always the worst time of year on the forum. The excitement of the new season has worn off and the Spurs are off to their customary slow start so Spurs fans are in panic mode. New Age Spurs Fans don't recognize the pattern so they meltdown. Spurs fans who have been around the block know that it is part of the process so they just ignore the meltdowns.

Once the team hits its stride and we are enough games into the season to start making some conclusions on where the Spurs stand, the conversations get more interesting.

And really, the meltdowns this year aren't any worse than meltdowns of previous years. I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen more cliff jumpers.

:tu

So basicly this thread falls into that. :lol

Solid D
11-19-2009, 03:48 PM
m4ozVMxzNAA

HarlemHeat37
11-19-2009, 03:56 PM
I never understood why people cared so much about bad threads and bad posts..it's the fucking internet, just ignore it..

this isn't real life..it's not like you're sleeping at 2AM and some guy is knocking on your door, yelling and forcing you to hear his opinion..it's just words, ignore them..

everybody can tell which posters are trolls..this place has A LOT of good posters, and they all still post consistently..not a big deal..

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-19-2009, 03:57 PM
m4ozVMxzNAA

:lmao

sonic21
11-19-2009, 04:05 PM
m4ozVMxzNAA

:lmao

It was great when made fun of on the Simpsons. + the guy isn't Indian. He is really an Italian, so no surprise here.

taps
11-19-2009, 05:34 PM
We all see your shiny medal every time you post and understand that it means you know shit about basketball. But, when you point it out to help validate your argument the whole thing just loses a little oomph.

Chomag
11-19-2009, 05:38 PM
I never understood why people cared so much about bad threads and bad posts..it's the fucking internet, just ignore it..

this isn't real life..it's not like you're sleeping at 2AM and some guy is knocking on your door, yelling and forcing you to hear his opinion..it's just words, ignore them..

everybody can tell which posters are trolls..this place has A LOT of good posters, and they all still post consistently..not a big deal..

Very good take. :tu It seems like we have lost the ability to think for yourself these days.

Sigz
11-19-2009, 06:10 PM
When I first came in here five years ago, this forum used to be a great place for reading articles about my beloved Spurs and a place with die hard Spurs fan who had great basketball knowledge.
Most of the posters brings absolutely nothing to the board and I honestly pity their idiocy.
You (and you know who you are) have no respect for our players nor the people who works for the spurs and know only how to call them names after every miss shot or mistake.
This board is far away from what it used to be and that's real sad, I only read thread started by 228 these days because I know it's articles she gathers.
I'm outta here.

Suck me off.

NZ Spurs
11-19-2009, 06:40 PM
It is bad this year.

I can't believe, particularly in the nba forum, the way people address each other. If these people actually looked at themselves sitting in front of a freaking computer being all hard ass, its a joke.

My Fault
11-19-2009, 06:50 PM
The NBA forum is full of trash posters who bring nothing to the forum and do nothing all day but bash other teams. Its really more trash talk than basketball talk. Not gonna call anyone out but if you visit there then you already know them. Still I love the forum even with the cliff jumpers and trash talkers.

kace
11-19-2009, 07:14 PM

:rollin i don't really agree because i think when these posts/threads are too many, they make the whole forum less clear and readable and make some threads a mess. but i really lol'ed at your metaphor.
i just imagine someone knocking on my door at 2AM and screaming "WE NEED TO TRADE TP FOR RONDO !!!! FUCK THE FRENCH NT " :lol guess my wife still prefer seeing me in front on my computer.

Hooters Girl
11-19-2009, 07:17 PM
I can see now why mouse became a Maverick fan in 2002 he is always ahead of the curve.

DPG21920
11-19-2009, 07:21 PM
It also does not help when you have French blinders on. People seem to think that saying anything negative at all is being a bad fan. If people can back up what they say, it makes sense to mention it.

You are trying to argue straight-faced that TP was playing fine for the entire year, when his numbers clearly don't back it up. Not only his numbers, but his impact on games. When you watch him, you can see him struggling, but you seem to think that anyone who says something is not a fan.

Take off the blinders and be a fan of the team, not the player. You can do both. You have to understand that fans are not coaches. They don't always look at things objectively. Being a real fan is not always agreeing and never saying anything bad. It is being honest and supporting the team even when things look rocky.

Just because someone is upset at a players current play does not mean they hate them or want them gone. It means they notice a current problem.

mookie2001
11-19-2009, 07:28 PM
i always liked the french posters, they knew tony was better than manu and they didnt act like they knew or even cared about US politics unlike los ARGENTINOS

but one less foreigner is fine by me

i ask everyone is they ever see stephane post again, scoff the fucking shit out her and tell her to pack her crossiants and get the f out

for example tpark said he would never post again 4 years ago, and now nobody even brings it up

thats worse than announcing youre quitting in the first place

mouse
11-19-2009, 07:33 PM
I said it before I will say it again there is no such thing as a Spurs fan.

Rob123
11-19-2009, 08:40 PM
I've only been posting for a little while, but I've been reading here since 06.

Nothings changed in the three years I've been reading the forum.

I think our fall from defensive grace as left people realizing that times change, and that's a shitty feeling.

for 10+ years we didnt know if North Korea was gonna nuke us, the Stock Market was gonna crash, or an African American was going to become president, but we knew the Spurs would play lock down defense night in and night out, and give us a certain amount of pride and routine.

SequSpur
11-19-2009, 09:05 PM
This is a stupid topic.

exstatic
11-19-2009, 09:23 PM
mo money mo problems

in other words

mo users mo retards

That.

I just completely check out after a loss. The retards pretty much have the run of the place.

exstatic
11-19-2009, 09:24 PM
I respond to stupid topics.

Brazil
11-19-2009, 09:34 PM
It also does not help when you have French blinders on. People seem to think that saying anything negative at all is being a bad fan. If people can back up what they say, it makes sense to mention it.

You are trying to argue straight-faced that TP was playing fine for the entire year, when his numbers clearly don't back it up. Not only his numbers, but his impact on games. When you watch him, you can see him struggling, but you seem to think that anyone who says something is not a fan.

Take off the blinders and be a fan of the team, not the player. You can do both. You have to understand that fans are not coaches. They don't always look at things objectively. Being a real fan is not always agreeing and never saying anything bad. It is being honest and supporting the team even when things look rocky.

Just because someone is upset at a players current play does not mean they hate them or want them gone. It means they notice a current problem.

I'm quite surprised by your post dpg honestly, I don't see in this forum blind french.
Nobody is saying that TP is not struggling right now... tell me about making generalities. By the way a lot of french posters were SA fans before TP.

DPG21920
11-19-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm quite surprised by your post dpg honestly, I don't see in this forum blind french.
Nobody is saying that TP is not struggling right now... tell me about making generalities. By the way a lot of french posters were SA fans before TP.

I was speaking specifically about the OP. Not everyone. I am saying the reason he is seeing so many problems is because of his own biases.

Brazil
11-19-2009, 10:13 PM
^point taken

DPG21920
11-19-2009, 10:16 PM
^point taken

I love the French. Check the avatar :hat

dbreiden83080
11-19-2009, 11:07 PM

Sad, sobering and true. My favorite player of all time by far and it's depressing to see him not at his best..

sabar
11-19-2009, 11:26 PM
This place is fine, only the NBA forum is trash. It reminds me of the troll forum when it was open.

There's nothing for knowledgeable fans to discuss at this stage. Rotations are a mess, we still have injuries, the season is young, and those topics have been discussed ad nauseam. I think pinking should be used more liberally on the NBA forum because the same people keep posting the same trash, but that's about it.

GSH
11-19-2009, 11:47 PM
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

You think the threads here are ridiculous and despicable, and no longer show the great Spurs knowledge you expect. And you don't like the way people here call others names. So the only logical thing to do is start a thread that says, "You people all suck, and I'm leaving SpursTalk"?

Makes sense to me.

Just out of curiosity... has anyone who posted that they are leaving here ever really done it? It's sort of a cliche, isn't it? Barking dogs and all that.

One thing I do know for certain - there are a lot of Spurs fans who stayed loyal when there was no Tim Duncan on the team, and no banners in the rafters. And when the Tim Duncan era is finally over, they will still be Spurs fans. I wonder how many international fans will continue to wear silver and black when Tony and Manu are no longer on the team? Probably about the same number that were cheering for Carl Herrera and Mengke Bateer.

UnWantedTheory
11-19-2009, 11:55 PM
RIP? Shall someone say a few words?

UnWantedTheory
11-20-2009, 12:03 AM
I'm outta here.

I understand completely. But what is there to be expected? Its the internet...Some people come to enjoy themselves with intelligent conversation and every now and again read something worth while...other times we just come out of complete boredom. Again, some people and threads can be quite irritating...,but the threads about the ignorance and idiocy of those people are just as bad. IMO, threads like these are no better, if not worse. Leave a comment somewhere, and to someone...but a thread for this? Again, Imo, its just as bad.
No offense.
:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::flag::lobt2:

TDMVPDPOY
11-20-2009, 12:09 AM
if theres a spursteam RIP funeral, can the openning intro song be "r u ready for this" ???????????????

UnWantedTheory
11-20-2009, 12:11 AM
if theres a spursteam RIP funeral, can the openning intro song be "r u ready for this" ???????????????

I will second this in a vote my friend. I am with you!!!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-20-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm outta here.

You make a sad but accurate point. ST ain't what it used to be.

Very good points, all. :tu

I will follow them from now on.

http://tcritic.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/greaterdickwad.jpg

And this is certainly part of the problem.

SequSpur
11-20-2009, 01:10 AM
Ok, how about a big suck on my balls for this topic?

You call God is good, God is great, Pop is king, Spurs own everyone, Manu is God topics entertaining?

I don't. It's about fucking time that peeps speak up around here. You don't like it because WE are calling a SPADE a SPADE? What? are the spurs not one of the shittiest teams in the league.. RIGHT NOW? uhhh... yes they are... sorry....reality...you and Marini can suck on a bottle of Gin to that.

This place has blown up because it allows speech. That's right...the shit that the Constitution of the US allowed us to do. I take it you don't know what that means because you're not from these parts. Try googling it or something.

Look...we all hope the Spurs win and we all hope they turn it around... but it doesn't help to see Boston and LA win fucking championships...that's like driving a fucking knife in your heart and walking around with it all day.

People who post newspaper articles are great and all but don't really do shit to generate any fuckin discussion? comprende? Steph'?

I am one of those that watches every fucking game...dvr its, watches at the bowling alley...buys Spurs shit...has a TV room totally dedicated with Spurs shit... buys season tickets...buys silver and black vehicles...do you get that?

What I put on here is my feelings about right now! I don't agree with the Popovich plan. He is a stubborn dipshit who is past due. Sorry... You all can kiss my ass on that one.. I will never give him the vote of confidence... The spurs should have more championships.. He is a pompous asshole.

I never got into the BS battles of some here because well...they were stupid... I am very critical of MY favorite team. I just am that type of person. This place isn't going downhill..you're just getting old and you can't stand fresh shit...

So go listen to your Cindy Lauper and Banarama and kiss my white ass.

Capt Bringdown
11-20-2009, 01:34 AM
Well, if you want a heavily moderated, clique-ridden, cheer leader forum, there's always the otter channel, right?

polandprzem
11-20-2009, 02:23 AM
sequ generates disscussion ?!

Big fuckin LOL !

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-20-2009, 03:10 AM
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

One thing I do know for certain - there are a lot of Spurs fans who stayed loyal when there was no Tim Duncan on the team, and no banners in the rafters. And when the Tim Duncan era is finally over, they will still be Spurs fans. I wonder how many international fans will continue to wear silver and black when Tony and Manu are no longer on the team? Probably about the same number that were cheering for Carl Herrera and Mengke Bateer.

Generally agree with you but I don't think the reasons why people become Spurs fans should be questioned. Some of the better posters here have stated they're Spurs fans because of a certain player and that's fine with me. I think with time people start to see more than just their fav player.

I don't really remember the exact reason why I became a Spurs fan, it was so long ago, but I think it must have been mainly because of David Robinson and yea I had to live through the Carl Herreras and Jack Haleys but I remember, clear as day, once when a friend of mine asked me if I'd still be a Spurs fan if D Rob left or whether I'd become a fan of his new team. I answered Spurs fan straight away, no room for even considering another alternative.

So, no matter their original reasons, some people grow to like the team, not just the player. Some don't, of course. But the majority of these people will still be Spurs fans after Tim, Tony, Manu and Pop are gone, I'm sure. It's the new age Spurs fans who haven't been through the Herrera and Haley period that don't appreciate what we've had for so long.

mookie2001
11-20-2009, 03:17 AM
jack haley was badd, king of garbage time

the fact is if you become a fan of a team because of one player, you will be always be second rate, second class, not on my level, subpar, fake fan, forever. you may cry and bloadd for the spurs but youre still fake, you could start at 12 and live to be 98 but some guy will always have you beat

forever

Man In Black
11-20-2009, 03:22 AM
There comes a point in time where you the poster become SELECTIVE in where you want to post and hope for feedback. It's early, the Spurs have only shown flashes of brilliance as opposed to sustained excellence. So we get all these peeps talking noise. Some of it brilliant insight but the bulk of it is nothing but regurgitated drivel that's been posted ad nauseam on many a Spurs forums the world over.

Should your feelings get hurt? I think that if you're disciplined, you'll recognize which threads are the most meaningful. There is a very vocal minority that exist here but the majority of fans drop a hint or 2 of nuggets and then go back to just reading takes. So, why cry about what you cannot control? Contribute something meaningful. That's the substance that makes this board work. It's not flashy sometimes but hey, we're Spurs fans. That's the way it's just done.

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt: I expect 1 for the thumb!

Chieflion
11-20-2009, 03:54 AM
sequ generates disscussion ?!

Big fuckin LOL !
His post above makes some sense for some paragraphs.

Capt Bringdown
11-20-2009, 04:55 AM
Wow, somebody threw their teddy bear in the corner 'cause they weren't getting their way...Congratulations.

These "I'm a better fan than you" dramatics grew out of sports talk radio and the internet. It's all about the childish need to have the last word and petty one-upsmanship games.

It's a good thing you weren't around during the earlier days at the Hemisphere, I doubt you could stand the pace. It wasn't such a sanitized upper/middle class atmosphere like going to a Spurs game is now.

I'm thinking of the lady with the bee-hived hairdoo who sat in my section. Chain-smoked throughout the game and really let her beloved Spurs have it when they weren't playing well. I wonder how she would responded to your holier-than-thou lecture on politically correct Spurs fandom? I'm guessing she would have told you to f' off.

alamo50
11-20-2009, 06:25 AM
You should be used to certain things on this forum by now stephane. At least you got a decent reply when you brought this up. Others get shewed out for nothing.

I am completely with you, but just stop reacting and ignore most threads.
Pick out the good ones (you know who they are) and don't let this bring you down even further from this injury filled and getting 7 new players into the Spurs system start of the season. The playoffs will be in 4 months and we be there. Championship? Make that next season again (odd-even, remember)?

polandprzem
11-20-2009, 06:52 AM
His post above makes some sense for some paragraphs.

really?

I think i'm gonna start a thread with a title "sausage"
I bet it's going to bring high quality conversation here on the SPURS forum

ploto
11-20-2009, 07:27 AM
There comes a point in time where you the poster become SELECTIVE in where you want to post and hope for feedback...

I think that if you're disciplined, you'll recognize which threads are the most meaningful...

I only open a few. It is apparent which ones to avoid, especially if you have been here some time.

spurspokesman
11-20-2009, 08:02 AM

Right Tim. But gotta say this is A different type of slow start. Would you agree. Its kind of tough to bear when the few chances you get to watch them( I live in CT) on national tv or nba tv they are getting handled by lesser teams. I wont retreat but it gets to me at times. LOL

MaNuMaNiAc
11-20-2009, 08:02 AM
I think this thread has less to do with stupid threads than it does with Tp catching a lot of the shit going around here. Shit flies around here like ice on a snow storm this time of the year, specially when things start out slow. People will be back to loving TP in no time. Relax.

sonic21
11-20-2009, 08:06 AM
those french... worst than canadian

exstatic
11-20-2009, 08:15 AM
Wow, somebody threw their teddy bear in the corner 'cause they weren't getting their way...Congratulations.

These "I'm a better fan than you" dramatics grew out of sports talk radio and the internet. It's all about the childish need to have the last word and petty one-upsmanship games.

It's a good thing you weren't around during the earlier days at the Hemisphere, I doubt you could stand the pace. It wasn't such a sanitized upper/middle class atmosphere like going to a Spurs game is now.

I'm thinking of the lady with the bee-hived hairdoo who sat in my section. Chain-smoked throughout the game and really let her beloved Spurs have it when they weren't playing well. I wonder how she would responded to your holier-than-thou lecture on politically correct Spurs fandom? I'm guessing she would have told you to f' off.

HemisFair

MaNuMaNiAc
11-20-2009, 08:16 AM
those french... worst than canadian

I think the French need to get used to the fact that your boy is going to get flack on this board. No way around it. Its the nature of the beast. Just like the Argies have had to get used to all the shit being talked about Manu in the last couple of seasons. Shit happens. Its a hard fact to swallow, but you'll have to eventually. I'm not telling you to like it or keep quiet about it, just don't post that you're leaving because of it. That's just stupid.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-20-2009, 08:19 AM
Come to think about it... I'm not entirely sure why you haven't gotten used to it already. Tony has been bashed to death on this forum since he's been on the Spurs :lol You'd think people like stephane would have learned to deal with this shit already...

GSH
11-20-2009, 08:29 AM
Generally agree with you but I don't think the reasons why people become Spurs fans should be questioned. Some of the better posters here have stated they're Spurs fans because of a certain player and that's fine with me.

I don't give a damn if someone wants to be a Spurs fan because of a single player. It's not up to me. But it's a little arrogant for someone to come late to the party, and then try to tell everyone else how to behave. If you're gonna come late to the party, you should understand that the other people have already been drinking. They're happy to have you show up, but not if you just came to tell them to turn the music down.

I became a Spurs fan when the team LOST in the playoffs, after being up 3-1 against the Bullets. The refs made a suck-ass call against the Spurs, and Doug Moe (the coach at the time) made a big deal out of it. Moe got fined for his comments, and a bunch of Spurs fans took up a collection to pay it. When Moe paid the fine, he sent the money to the league - in pennies.

She would have thrown her beer on him... and then told him to fuck off.

People bitch and moan when their team is struggling. Lakers fans, Celtics fans, Bulls fans... it's a time-honored tradition. Spurs fans are no different. We want our team to win.

Kobe fans, LeBron fans, Tony/Manu fans? They like to watch their favorite players, and sit around with stupid grins on their faces. If LeBron had left Cleveland for the Knicks, a whole shitload of Cavs "fans" would have moved with him. And I'm sure those people don't understand why the die-hard Cavs fans are upset about not having won a championship with LeBron yet.

sonic21
11-20-2009, 08:29 AM
I think the French need to get used to the fact that your boy is going to get flack on this board. No way around it. Its the nature of the beast. Just like the Argies have had to get used to all the shit being talked about Manu in the last couple of seasons. Shit happens. Its a hard fact to swallow, but you'll have to eventually. I'm not telling you to like it or keep quiet about it, just don't post that you're leaving because of it. That's just stupid.

"the french"? why not "tony fanboy"?

Just because i'm french it doesn't mean tony is my favourite player or i'm a tony homer.

I didn't even know he was bashed lately.

Chieflion
11-20-2009, 08:31 AM
really?

I think i'm gonna start a thread with a title "sausage"
I bet it's going to bring high quality conversation here on the SPURS forum
Why not? I bet we can easily divert the topic to why Finley needs to be traded.

angel_luv
11-20-2009, 11:52 AM
For me it has gotten to the point where instead of eagerly reading all of every thread, as I did daily in years past, I only skim through threads looking for the posts of the people ( mostly veterans) who I know are legit, respectful, and funny.

Summer is the only part of the year I spend an extended amount of time in the NBA forum and that is only because I am in the Slovenian National Team thread.

As I have mentioned before, I no longer feel comfortable recommending this site to friends, due to the liberal use of profanities and the racy images many posters have as a part of their signatures. I mentor a lot of youth and could not in good conscience expose them to a lot of the content on here.

In stark contradicition to years past, if were I to block people, that list would be many, many times longer than my friends list. Sad indeed.

Kori and L.J. have put a lot of effort into thier site.
I think it is extremely disrespectful and entirely unappreciative all L.J and Kori's hard work for people come on here, posting trash and acting the fool.

But the posters who behave badly clearly have no self respect, so it should be no surprise that they are so rude to others.

I am amazed at how tolerant Kori and L.J. are able to be.

ploto
11-20-2009, 01:56 PM
As I have mentioned before, I no longer feel comfortable recommending this site to friends, due to the liberal use of profanities and the racy images many posters have as a part of their signatures.

I do think this has gone way overboard. When I am logged in, I have them turned off, but if I come to the site without logging in first, they are there. I was shocked the other day at one with a completely naked butt of some woman. And do we really need to scroll through one signature with about a dozen pictures of the same woman in a bikini. Really. I know Kori and LJ have been generous about sigs, but I wish they would go back to limiting their size drastically.

senorglory
11-20-2009, 02:04 PM
I can't figure why I keep losing all my money at blackjack. I think the Casino is rigged.

ElNono
11-20-2009, 02:10 PM
I can't figure why I keep losing all my money at blackjack. I think the Casino is rigged.

http://johnmichaelboling.com/artforgeorgelucas/wp-content/original/2009_09/denial_poster-13001.jpg

polandprzem
11-20-2009, 02:17 PM

They always were and it amazed me as well long time ago. Although (hehe) I was close to being banned. Quite shocking. They do not like me much but nevermind i wanted to talk about chat

At the begining it was so much fun and great talks during games on chats, so many quality people were there and now I do not see them even on the board. Some time ago after a looooooong break I decided to go to chat in a chatting room... what i saw was some strange conversations about meaningless stuff, that's fine with me. Bad thing was people were throwing insults at me for no reason. I was like wtf? Then i saw some bullshitting all around the F words S words people throwing faggs all over the place.
i tried to find someone or some topic but couln't find one.
So that was my last visit at the chatroom

I do not ant to think that some day spurstalk will not be on my bookmark, but it might be. Kori have not much time talking or have no desire, same with timvp. So if the leading persons won't be here, the fundation they laid might fall.

btw. this site gave me so much positive memories and energy when i needed (on some bad situations in my life) that I want to thank all of you

Chomag
11-20-2009, 02:21 PM
They always were and it amazed me as well long time ago. Although (hehe) I was close to being banned. Quite shocking. They do not like me much but nevermind i wanted to talk about chat

At the begining it was so much fun and great talks during games on chats, so many quality people were there and now I do not see them even on the board. Some time ago after a looooooong break I decided to go to chat in a chatting room... what i saw was some strange conversations about meaningless stuff, that's fine with me. Bad thing was people were throwing insults at me for no reason. I was like wtf? Then i saw some bullshitting all around the F words S words people throwing faggs all over the place.
i tried to find someone or some topic but couln't find one.
So that was my last visit at the chatroom

I do not ant to think that some day spurstalk will not be on my bookmark, but it might be. Kori have not much time talking or have no desire, same with timvp. So if the leading persons won't be here, the fundation they laid might fall.

btw. this site gave me so much positive memories and energy when i needed (on some bad situations in my life) that I want to thank all of you

I tried chat out for about 5 minutes and this was all I saw. I'm still mad that I wasted 5 minutes of my life there lol

Slo spurs fan
11-20-2009, 03:06 PM
I agree with OP and Angel_Luv.

Daddys Girl
11-20-2009, 03:28 PM
For me it has gotten to the point where instead of eagerly reading all of every thread, as I did daily in years past, I only skim through threads looking for the posts of the people ( mostly veterans) who I know are legit, respectful, and funny.

Summer is the only part of the year I spend an extended amount of time in the NBA forum and that is only because I am in the Slovenian National Team thread.

As I have mentioned before, I no longer feel comfortable recommending this site to friends, due to the liberal use of profanities and the racy images many posters have as a part of their signatures. I mentor a lot of youth and could not in good conscience expose them to a lot of the content on here.

In stark contradicition to years past, if were I to block people, that list would be many, many times longer than my friends list. Sad indeed.

I think it is extremely disrespectful and entirely unappreciative all L.J and Kori's hard work for people come on here, posting trash and acting the fool.

But the posters who behave badly clearly have no self respect, so it should be no surprise that they are so rude to others.

You forgot to mention Jesus and Bo or are they the same? :lmao

Kori Ellis
11-20-2009, 05:15 PM
I do think this has gone way overboard. When I am logged in, I have them turned off, but if I come to the site without logging in first, they are there. I was shocked the other day at one with a completely naked butt of some woman. And do we really need to scroll through one signature with about a dozen pictures of the same woman in a bikini. Really. I know Kori and LJ have been generous about sigs, but I wish they would go back to limiting their size drastically.

Yeah some people are taking advantage and I have pulled some people's signatures down with actually nudity in them.

But .. why are you scrolling through anyone's signature with a dozen pics? The reason that there is a scroll bar next to the sig is so that you don't have to view the whole thing. Just hold your mouse on the right side of the screen and wheel down, you won't have to view any portion of the sig that isn't already viewable.

Allanon
11-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Y'all are too sensitive.

There are plenty of toned down, politically correct forums out there with moderators and "right thinking" people. Our team's the greatest and don't you dare bring any negativity or critical thinking.

Spurstalk is different in that it truly allows you to express yourself whether good or bad.

The "great" fans are rah-rah about their team in good times and bad. The "bad" fans start to pull out their knives and looking for the nearest cliff. Sometimes it goes overboard after a loss; ok maybe all the time but that's part of it all. Nobody complains about the over-excessive celebration after a win; take the losses in stride as well.

The only bad thing is a million "we're doomed" threads. It seems like some fans think they're special or original and deserve their own doomsday thread even though there's 20 others saying the same thing. Sequ deserves a 1 thread exception since he's been melting after every loss for years now...he used to be 6'4, now look at him. :lol

But all in all, this relaxed attitude at ST is really what makes the place great. You want a sterilized board, have a look at SR but don't come crying when the mods ban you and the other Spurfan disown you for saying Tim had an off game.

RIP ST? Heck no, I say Viva la ST.

Chomag
11-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Y'all are too sensitive.

There are plenty of toned down, politically correct forums out there with moderators and "right thinking" people. Our team's the greatest and don't you dare bring any negativity or critical thinking.

Spurstalk is different in that it truly allows you to express yourself whether good or bad.

The "great" fans are rah-rah about their team in good times and bad. The "bad" fans start to pull out their knives and looking for the nearest cliff. Sometimes it goes overboard after a loss; ok maybe all the time but that's part of it all. Nobody complains about the over-excessive celebration after a win; take the losses in stride as well.

The only bad thing is a million "we're doomed" threads. It seems like some fans think they're special or original and deserve their own doomsday thread even though there's 20 others saying the same thing. Sequ deserves a 1 thread exception since he's been melting after every loss for years now...he used to be 6'4, now look at him. :lol

But all in all, this relaxed attitude at ST is really what makes the place great. You want a sterilized board, have a look at SR but don't come crying when the mods ban you and the other Spurfan disown you for saying Tim had an off game.

Very good take, thanks. :tu

UnWantedTheory
11-20-2009, 06:52 PM

I like knowing I have the right to not be sensored here. I also am entirely appreciative for Spurstalk. :) People take all of this wayyyy toooo seriously though. We all believe and act differently...And yes, some of us are more mature than others, but this isnt work and our parents are not around to...*shhh*...here us cuss. We come for the entertainment value, to cut loose, and for intelligent conversation in between all the BS. It doesnt make anybody right or wrong. It just makes us...us. This isnt life or death. Its the god damned internet! woo hoo...
:flag:

UnWantedTheory
11-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Y'all are too sensitive.

YES!!! Viva la ST!!!

Höfner
11-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Maybe you should hit up cry me a fucking rivertalk instead?

exstatic
11-20-2009, 07:44 PM

Or maybe you suck at it.

daslicer
11-20-2009, 08:20 PM
I think the meltdowns are usually done by two type of fans. One group is the bandwagon fans that jump on the wagon during the start of the Duncan era and because of this they don't have any tolerance whats happening with the spurs. I was a fan of this team way back in '93-'94 back when the Jazz and Rockets used on them regulary. Back during time period there wasn't any talk of championship just winning a division title was a big deal. I never expected back then at the age of 11 the spurs would ever win 4 titles over the next 13 years so winning those titles was gravy for me. There is another type of fan that has a lot of emotional investment in this team that its like their identity ala Sequ that when they lose they feel their world has gone crumbling. For me the losses never get to me all I ask is for effort and if thats being put out there I can live with the results.

SequSpur
11-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Stephane = Dusty Garza.

koriwhat
11-20-2009, 09:20 PM
why do people do this on forums? reality might hurt but none of us give a fuck whether your here or you aren't. we aren't going to wake up tomorrow and say, "fuck! why did ST turn to shit and provoke stephane to leave us all behind?"

get the fuck out of here already. there was no need to announce your exodus.

Capt Bringdown
11-20-2009, 11:17 PM
IMO, it's not divergent opinions, newbies, know-nothings & trolls that drive a forum down, it's crap like this, found on another thread:

I don't hang out in gay bars, bitch.

All too prevalent. Frankly, I wonder why the owners of this forum allow this kind of nonsense.
Racial slurs are quickly culled, but this stuff is allowed to stand.
Inconsistent at best, objectionably stupid at worst.

whottt
11-21-2009, 01:24 AM
I think people are getting off track on distilling the essence of the problem here.

1. Is it the vulgarity? I'm gonna say no on that one. The vulgarity is one of the things that made SpursTalk SpursTalk...it's still a pretty unique feature. Vulgarity is SpursTalks blood, it's DNA, not only that but PJ Carleisimo was a Spurs assistant for just about all of ST's existence, our combined knowledge of profanity is like 1/10th of his utterings in a light practice.

Not the vulgarity. Yes it goes over the line, and yes it always has.

2. Is it the sig pictures? I gotta say no on that one too. Those have always been here in some form or another. In fact the predecessor of this board FullSportPress had a porn forum. It's never been Disney or a kids site. That's why the kids liked it so much.

Not the sigs. Yes they go over the line. Yes they always have.

3. Is it the meanness of the posters? No. The orginal core of this board were a few normal folks, but also included malcontents, trolls, and bannees from Spurs Report, and just some huge assholes in general.

Even the two founders of the board were banned from Spurs Report.

In fact a central feature of this board in it's infancy was watching people that flat out despised each other go at one another. Totally unfettered and sans moderations.

Am I the only one that remembers TPark and SequSpur flat out hated one another at one point? Indeed they did.

In fact the meaness of the posters has served this board well in running off trolls resulting in a reduced need for moderation and adminning.

Not the meanness of the posters. Yes they go over the line, yes they always have.

4. Is it the stupidity of the posts in the Spurs forum? A definite yes on that one....but with qualifiers. While there is no doubt an increase in stupid posts, the A#1 thing that has made SpursTalk SpursTalk is the totally unhindered basketball discussion. This includes the stupid. The stupid got piled on then more than they do now, but that's because the people who used to do it then don't post as much anymore. Being stupid has always been probably the worst offense to commit at ST, and it pretty much still is. It's just that at this particular time, if there were no stupid posts, there wouldn't be many posts period.

Not totally the stupidity of the posts in the Spurs forum. Yes they go over the line, yes they always have.

I see the problem as this(these):

1. The internet has evolved somewhat with the advent of twitter and facebook and all that other shit. Many of the posters that used to frequent this forum have now moved up to that absolute crap as their primary means of cyber-interaction. Many of the posters now doing that bs are the ones that used to flame each other, cuss each other out, create drama, beatdown stupid posters and generally make the board the board we all loved so much.

Problem #1:

Twitter and Facebook

2. This was devastating offseason for pet bitches of core SpursTalk posters.

Marcus Bryant, whose bitching about the cheapness of Peter Holt and how his wasting the prime of Tim Duncan is pretty much criminal, was an absolute cornerstone of SpursTalk, has had that argument thoroughly devasted after this offseason.

What is his new pet bitch? He has yet to debut it. It's entirely possible he hasn't got one yet.

timvp often played a very important supporting role in this particular feature and it has likewise left him somewhat soul searching and has thus resulted in less frequent posting.

Horrible event as far as key discussions go.

Spurs need a long SF, this had been arguably the backbone of all ST debate going to back to 2005, and the Richard Jefferson signing nuked it pretty thoroughly. Yeah he's not exactly what we talked about but he's pretty much a slam dunk on that need.

Just horrible as far as discussion goes.

Michael Finley sucks. This has been primarily my domain for the last...4 years. It remains a legitimate and valid pet bitch as I knew it would when I wisely chose it as mine nearly a half decade ago. My problem is no one CAN argue about it anymore. The worse thing that could happen.

Even the literal handful of brave souls willing to mount a pro-Finley argument this past offseason have been dealt a severe severe asssmacking during this early part of this season and are left with literally no ammo to mount any sort of of Pro-Fin argument, they simply realize the ridiculousness of any sort of assertion of that type.

Once the pet bitches start disappearing, ChumpDumper's petbitch starts disappearing.

Problem #2:

The near extinction of several essential pet bitches.

These were absolutely integral to the SpursTalk ecosystem. The essential centers of the conflict, provocation and antagonism that have(and you are in denial if you think you were ever drawn here for any other reason) nearly vanished so to speak.

So you have a huge number of high volume posters, the primary centers of conflict, the antagonists, the provocateurs now either having nothing to argue about, or fucking around on stupid shit like Twitter and Facebook.

To make matters even worse...

3. Bruce Bowen got old, the Spurs are now soft, much as they were in years before he became a part of the team.

You see for many years, even when we lost, we still lost with toughness, and there was a certain security and sense of well being that came with that. It was never totally dark because we were always going to be tough. No Bruce, no toughness. Not as much fun dealing with losses when you are losing them because the other team is tougher.

Spurs aren't the same without Bowen, a guy who we easily do not win the 2003 and 2007 titles without, and probably 2005 as well.

He shut down Kobe in 2003.
He made the key defensive plays in 2005.
He was the finals MVP of 2007.

Problem #3:

Bruce got old and the Spurs are pretty damn soft now.

I feel these are the problems with ST at this particular moment.

The essence of the problems and their solutions:

1. Well since Bruce Bowen is not walking through that door....

[b[Solution #1[/b]: Hope George Hill was paying attention.

2. After a while you just get tired of arguing especially when there is nothing good to argue about.

I would say the primary centers of conflict that have been the heart and soul of contention at this board are more or less argued out with one another, plus there's not that much to disagree on after what was for all intents and purposes a dream offseason. After so many arguments it's like it becomes choreographed like Pro-Wrestling...may look good but it's really just a dance.

Solution #2:

The new guys need to step up. It's not that you have to stop arguing you see, it's good that you argue, the problem is that most of the arguments are stupid and you have yet to find your cornerstone arguments that will draw interest. I am sorry but Trade Parker is fucking stupid. No one wants to watch that kind of heated argument. It is terminally stupid.

In the good ole days, we didn't sit around debating whether or not we should trade Tim Duncan. And Parker is the Tim Duncan now. STFU.

3.Twitter and Facebook are the new messageboard.

Timvp, slomo and whoever else have already done their part on that. This board has many of the same features as Facebook and has more modern features than any other message board I know of. It's just that no one using them. Use them...can you gamble on Facebook for instance?

Outside of them pulling off Parker, Manu and Duncan becoming regualar posters here(which is probably not going to happem while there are shitload of trade Parker threads)...I don't see what more can be done there.

whottt
11-21-2009, 01:25 AM
IMO, it's not divergent opinions, newbies, know-nothings & trolls that drive a forum down, it's crap like this, found on another thread:

All too prevalent. Frankly, I wonder why the owners of this forum allow this kind of nonsense.

Always has been a part of the board. Always.

In fact we used to have some gay guys that would hurt hetero insults. Not the problem.

duncan228
11-21-2009, 01:36 AM
Love it when whottt and his extra t's checks in. :)

ST will be fine.

admiralsnackbar
11-21-2009, 04:49 AM
I haven't been here long, but all sports boards are the same as far as expressing longing for a lost time past when content was better/funnier/more well-informed.

If things are significantly worse here lately, it's because the hype on the team has been greater than usual, drawing the sorts of fans attracted to the wrong sort of attention. They always lose interest come Jan/Feb, and return just prior to the playoffs. Enjoy the interim.

NASHville
11-21-2009, 05:50 AM
This is still the best Spurs forum around.

ploto
11-21-2009, 06:49 AM
...it's crap like this, found on another thread:

I don't hang out in gay bars, bitch.

Kori has actually addressed this issue many times-probably moreso than any other issue that people find offensive.

TDMVPDPOY
11-21-2009, 08:13 AM
as a foreigner....can i execute 2nd amendment??? :D:D

smeagol
11-21-2009, 08:52 AM
jack haley was badd, king of garbage time

the fact is if you become a fan of a team because of one player, you will be always be second rate, second class, not on my level, subpar, fake fan, forever. you may cry and bloadd for the spurs but youre still fake, you could start at 12 and live to be 98 but some guy will always have you beat

forever

I'm a Manu fan.

You can suck my dick now . . . :toast

Chieflion
11-21-2009, 08:59 AM
I like Spurstalk. Many message boards give you crap for vulgarities, trolls are banned in a second. Spurstalk gives people a chance to relax, talk shit with other teams' fans because it is a miracle they are even allowed to post in another team's message board. Spurstalk is a very special place for sports fans in general.

Kamnik
11-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Unfortunately I have to agree with the original poster to some degree.

I have been on this forum over 5 years now and it seems the number of trolls and people who start shitty threads for no purpose whatsoever (which usually get fueled by other trolls) is increasing.

Sadly said it almost came to a point where reading the NBA forum is better than searching around here for a decent topic.

I would LOVE Kori to clean up some of the annoying trolls because simply ignoring them isn't making it much better.

dbreiden83080
11-21-2009, 12:41 PM
The Trolls like Stretch still being around is puzzling. Every thread is LOL Spurs or LOL _______ Not a rational thought in his head.. People like that hurt the forum..

LakeShow
11-21-2009, 01:00 PM
Unfortunately I have to agree with the original poster to some degree.

I have been on this forum over 5 years now and it seems the number of trolls and people who start shitty threads for no purpose whatsoever (which usually get fueled by other trolls) is increasing.

Sadly said it almost came to a point where reading the NBA forum is better than searching around here for a decent topic.

I would LOVE Kori to clean up some of the annoying trolls because simply ignoring them isn't making it much better.

For me, its the opposite. I very seldom would read this forum. I might look at a thread here and there but now I read just about all of them. It has taken away my thunder because spurs fans clown their team more than I could ever clown them. :lol That's entertaining to me. At the same time I am not that naive to think that all of the fans bashing the spurs are really spurs fans. It is a lot of trolling going on in both forums.

I think you can clear it up by putting an aka in profiles. Associate all of the trolls with that user and they wont be so quick to talk to themselves in threads or use all trolls in threads to insult. Sure you'll have some who use different computers, blackberry's, etc. but they'll slip up and sign in on the wrong computer one day. I see it all the time on this forum. Just my 2 cents.

LakeShow
11-21-2009, 01:15 PM
The Trolls like Stretch still being around is puzzling. Every thread is LOL Spurs or LOL _______ Not a rational thought in his head.. People like that hurt the forum..

That is what he does! I've posted with stretch on and off this decade. On this forum and others and he has not changed a bit. Stretch is one of those 24/7 stalkers on forums. Disagree with one of his basketball takes and he acts like a little kid and starts insulting and then out of the blue, trolls jump in to insult. His M.O is to have several alias and just fuck up a discussion. I would be willing to bet he has at least 10 other user names on this forum. Inch worm has no life and that's sad but I see he has made his mark on this forum.

dbreiden83080
11-21-2009, 01:19 PM
That is what he does! I've posted with stretch on and off this decade. On this forum and others and he has not changed a bit. Stretch is one of those 24/7 stalkers on forums. Disagree with one of his basketball takes and he acts like a little kid and starts insulting and then out of the blue, trolls jump in to insult. His M.O is to have several alias and just fuck up a discussion. I would be willing to bet he has at least 10 other user names on this forum. Inch worm has no life and that's sad but I see he has made his mark on this forum.

So makes you wonder why hasn't he been banned? I don't get it..

LakeShow
11-21-2009, 01:24 PM

A guy who's on this forum 24/7 would go to great lengths to have multiple ways to post. Banning wouldn't help. You'll have to embarrass his ass into straightening out. Make trolls public.

dbreiden83080
11-21-2009, 02:16 PM
A guy who's on this forum 24/7 would go to great lengths to have multiple ways to post. Banning wouldn't help. You'll have to embarrass his ass into straightening out. Make trolls public.

I think a guy who's every answer to someone calling him out is "LOL" is beyond being embarassed to the point of straightening out..

mookie2001
11-21-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm a Manu fan.

You can suck my dick now

see what happens, they cant take it. they cant be objective about things because their entire interest is one player

manu is hurt again, after the last time which was the last straw, after the time before that when we all knew it would happen. we all knew manu would get hurt this season AGAIN, i said it (i am really fucking smart and you have to be a genius to see shit like that coming) and all they can resort to is vulgarity, calling people haters, full of shit, typical american, etc...

NOBODY gives a shit about fake fans, nobody, nadie. if they admins on this site didnt make globalization a top priority, these chodes would have been laughed out of the forum years ago

mookie2001
11-21-2009, 02:31 PM
and yes

lol texans
lol tech
lol spurs

as 3 seperate posts is a blatent misuse of the internets, some of these chodes have 10,000 posts and half are lol posts

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-21-2009, 03:47 PM

I thought you said you were leaving? What happened?

Hooters Girl
11-21-2009, 05:46 PM

You do know there is an ignore feature?

The Final Countdown
11-21-2009, 05:48 PM

You must be new to ST.

mouse
11-21-2009, 05:52 PM
I have never seen so many whinny,taint sniffing, tree huggers, in my life.

90% of you have to be from SR or MavTalk where else could you homos be from?

Unforgivable
11-21-2009, 06:00 PM

The people who hurt the forum are sensitive uptight douche bags who think anyone who isn't serious 100% of the time should be banned.

Rebounds
11-21-2009, 06:08 PM
I've posted here under other names, hence the paltry post count. This makes my 5th year. After noticing trends here in topics and content I came to the conclusion that many bloggers migrated here to ST after they honed trap-logic emo-speak at the other BBoards around the Internet. Most errant posters lack the experiences accrued by the mainstay veteran posters during the Spurs formative years up to and through the Duncan/Popovich era.
They. Absolutely. Have. No. Idea.

word
11-21-2009, 06:22 PM
It's November. Calm down people.

Mel_13
11-21-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm always amused by threads like this that seem to view ST as some sort of public institution which should be regulated according to some collective rules of proper behavior, when it's actually a privately held enterprise subject only to whims of the owners. Their house, their rules. There is a simple solution for anyone who doesn't like the current group of house guests, just stop visiting.

phxspurfan
11-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Why is this thread still alive?

Goodbye Stephanie. We don't care.

phxspurfan
11-22-2009, 12:26 AM
Oh and your profile says

Last Activity: Yesterday 02:41 PM

so you're an idiot, 10-game cliffjumper for posting that you're gonna leave and then coming back. What a disgrace of a fan.

Kori Ellis
11-22-2009, 02:57 AM
Ehh... this thread has run its course.

Anyone who isn't happy here, should either a) leave or b) take my recommendations earlier in this thread to improve things.

Thanks.

timvp
11-22-2009, 03:41 AM
For the record, I hope stéphane returns. I don't blame anyone for getting upset with low quality since the bar should be set high. If trash is tolerated, then there's a problem. stéphane is a quality poster and this thread, while filled with emo jibberish (sup poland), has helped locate a few areas that need improving.

I blame any problems a lot on a perfect storm that has hurt ST in November.

1) TP started off bad which brought out the TP bashers. The TP bashers are surprisingly huge in numbers and include fans which are otherwise quality fans. Nothing gets quite as lame as when TP bashers are in full force.

2) Manu is hurt again. That is a double whammy because it makes the Church of Manu defensive and it brings out the Spurs fans who have been wanting Manu traded the last few seasons. (Actually, make it a triple whammy because the Spurs are less exciting when Manu isn't playing and that causes less quality discussion.)

3) As whottt mentioned, the past points of arguments aren't around anymore. Holt isn't cheap, everyone knows Finley isn't that good, Brent Barry isn't Basketball Jesus, the Spurs addressed just about all the needs their fans wanted them to address and there isn't really a controversial whipping boy on the team anymore. And with the new points of arguments not established yet early in the season, there's no real entertaining interaction at this point.

4) timvp and Kori Ellis have had to deal with an ungodly amount of issues in the last few months. Maybe one day we can explain it all but suffice to say that ST has had to take a back seat. Recently, another even surfaced that required even more attention. Hopefully we'll soon be free to spend our regular amount of times on the forum.

5) A number of other quality posters are dealing with issues that force them to not be on the board as much as in the past. Thankfully, as far as I know, most of the situations are short-term and they should be back.

6) The downfall of you know where results in more trash surfacing over here. Since this is really the first season where that place is totally uninhabitable, it's going to take some time to isolate the unwanted refuges. At that point, either they will adapt and up their game or they will be dealt with properly.

7) The weird Spurs schedule has included a number of long breaks, which bring out the dumbest of the dumb threads. With nothing substantial to discuss since it was already discussed in the offseason, the quality is bound to deteriorate.

8) As Kori mentioned earlier, the end of the run is in sight. Due to that, the panic is going to be greater. There aren't many "next years" left so expect blood pressure to be high.

All combined, it's resulted in a worse than usual November on ST. And I don't blame someone from being upset. Better than not caring.

But I expect it to get better. Quality posters will be returning. spursdotcom is providing insight that we've never gotten before, which should help the level of discussion down the road. And with the highly competitive NBA landscape, once the Spurs kick it into gear, it's going to be a fascinating run to the rings.:hat

Kori Ellis
11-22-2009, 03:49 AM
timvp and Kori Ellis have had to deal with an ungodly amount of issues in the last few months. Maybe one day we can explain it all but suffice to say that ST has had to take a back seat. Recently, another even surfaced that required even more attention. Hopefully we'll soon be free to spend our regular amount of times on the forum.

Though this is something that I wasn't going to talk about, this might be the biggest problem. It's the first time in the 6 1/2 years of ST's existence that we have neglected the forum. But hey, sometimes life gets in the way.

austN Spur
11-22-2009, 03:57 AM

i like that

SequSpur
11-22-2009, 04:03 AM
Though this is something that I wasn't going to talk about, this might be the biggest problem. It's the first time in the 6 1/2 years of ST's existence that we have neglected the forum. But hey, sometimes life gets in the way.

i offered to help run this place.:D

MagnusKrauss
11-22-2009, 04:50 AM
I don't post as much anymore, but it did seem like the quality posters here did take a breather this season. I figured that they did have some problems elsewhere that would require their attention.

It has been said that the Spurs don't really re-tool, they just reload. The same could be said for this forum. :D

The season has just started, just relax and enjoy the Spurs. :D

polandprzem
11-22-2009, 06:38 AM
stéphane is a quality poster and this thread, while filled with emo jibberish (sup poland), has helped locate a few areas that need improving

What does that sup mean?

I don't know if timvp called me an emo or not :grim:

Chieflion
11-22-2009, 07:19 AM
Kori locked the thread up, then timvp opened it again. Funny shit there.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-22-2009, 09:08 AM
For the record, I hope stéphane returns. I don't blame anyone for getting upset with low quality since the bar should be set high. If trash is tolerated, then there's a problem. stéphane is a quality poster and this thread, while filled with emo jibberish (sup poland), has helped locate a few areas that need improving.

1) TP started off bad which brought out the TP bashers. The TP bashers are surprisingly huge in numbers and include fans which are otherwise quality fans. Nothing gets quite as lame as when TP bashers are in full force.

2) Manu is hurt again. That is a double whammy because it makes the Church of Manu defensive and it brings out the Spurs fans who have been wanting Manu traded the last few seasons. (Actually, make it a triple whammy because the Spurs are less exciting when Manu isn't playing and that causes less quality discussion.)

3) As whottt mentioned, the past points of arguments aren't around anymore. Holt isn't cheap, everyone knows Finley isn't that good, Brent Barry isn't Basketball Jesus, the Spurs addressed just about all the needs their fans wanted them to address and there isn't really a controversial whipping boy on the team anymore. And with the new points of arguments not established yet early in the season, there's no real entertaining interaction at this point.

4) timvp and Kori Ellis have had to deal with an ungodly amount of issues in the last few months. Maybe one day we can explain it all but suffice to say that ST has had to take a back seat. Recently, another even surfaced that required even more attention. Hopefully we'll soon be free to spend our regular amount of times on the forum.

5) A number of other quality posters are dealing with issues that force them to not be on the board as much as in the past. Thankfully, as far as I know, most of the situations are short-term and they should be back.

6) The downfall of you know where results in more trash surfacing over here. Since this is really the first season where that place is totally uninhabitable, it's going to take some time to isolate the unwanted refuges. At that point, either they will adapt and up their game or they will be dealt with properly.

7) The weird Spurs schedule has included a number of long breaks, which bring out the dumbest of the dumb threads. With nothing substantial to discuss since it was already discussed in the offseason, the quality is bound to deteriorate.

8) As Kori mentioned earlier, the end of the run is in sight. Due to that, the panic is going to be greater. There aren't many "next years" left so expect blood pressure to be high.

All combined, it's resulted in a worse than usual November on ST. And I don't blame someone from being upset. Better than not caring.

But I expect it to get better. Quality posters will be returning. spursdotcom is providing insight that we've never gotten before, which should help the level of discussion down the road. And with the highly competitive NBA landscape, once the Spurs kick it into gear, it's going to be a fascinating run to the rings.:hat

Excellent post that everyone should read. :tu

In the end, I figure ST is just a metaphor for broader life - all you have to do is ride the wave that is this wonderful, but eternally fluctuating community. :hat

ploto
11-22-2009, 09:12 AM
While I appreciate all that Kori and timvp had to say, I do believe that for any poster who is disappointed in the current quality:

If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

Instead of whining about there not being better threads, make some. Maybe it is time for some of the people who have "used" the site to contribute more to it instead of sitting back expecting everyone else to entertain and to inform them. The best way to up the overall quality is to contribute more high quality posts yourself. If the OP wanted to improve things, I would think some quality contributions would have done far more good than creating the melodrama of announcing one's departure.

Bukefal
11-22-2009, 10:22 AM

That's true. I do not have problems with the sigs (except for Gif images, they make my PC slow) but I don't feel comfortable with all the racial slurs, hate, cursing and foreigners bashing on here.

I have mentioned this some months ago, but then I got these answers by the admins: "Who do you think you are? The forum cop or something?" .

No, I dont want to be a forum cop or something, I dont hate trash talk, that is cool, that of course should be tolerated, but I dont get the hard insults and racial slurs. That makes this forum bad. Sometimes I really dont get how people arent banned for something like that.

But still, It's the best Spurs website around!! :toast Great job

Kori Ellis
11-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Kori locked the thread up, then timvp opened it again. Funny shit there.

Actually I re-opened it.

Brazil
11-22-2009, 12:38 PM

Thanks for the clarifications. I also hope that Stéphane will post again soon. oh and :rolleyes at the "if u don't like don't post anymore" or "gtfoh pussy Stéphane" I think Stéphane and others have posted that way because they care about this terrific forum.

mookie2001
11-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Manu is hurt again. That is a double whammy because it makes the Church of Manu defensive and it brings out the Spurs fans who have been wanting Manu traded the last few seasons. (Actually, make it a triple whammy because the Spurs are less exciting when Manu isn't playing and that causes less quality discussion.)

exactly, good job at pointing out the AGAIN part, it is more than a trend with this guy, i said it 4 injuries ago. I SAID IT 4 injuries ago, thats how long ive been saying the same shit, manu is fragile, he will get hurt again, he is only guy who can do what he does for us and we've ignored our needs in that area because manu is still alive and hasnt died yet. he is hurt again. Manu ginobili is hurt, and you have to be real fucking smart to see the trend, one has to be a real basketball expert to have predicted this injury

like ice cube said after the LA riots, the LA FUCKING RIOTS

I told you it would happened and you heard it, read it
but all you could call me was anti-Semitic (argentina)
regret it?-nope, said it?-yep
Listen to my big black boots as I step

i am positive he thought you have to real a fucking genius to have seen the riots coming, you had to have been a LAPD community relations expert to have predicted this shit

manu is hurt again

sorrrrrrrrrrrry senor

smeagol
11-22-2009, 02:25 PM
The only difference between mookie and a religious nutjob is that mookie does not believe in God.

Aside from that, they both exhibit the same level of stupidity.

mookie2001
11-22-2009, 02:31 PM
manu doesnt believe in god.

TDMVPDPOY
11-22-2009, 04:39 PM
What does that sup mean?

I don't know if timvp called me an emo or not :grim:

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0902/quit-your-jibba-jabba-mr-t-snickers-demotivational-poster-1233793989.jpg

urunobili
11-22-2009, 04:54 PM
i offered to help run this place.:D

That sounds like a great idea for April fools!!!

:lol

To contribute some way... I think that despite our own lown start (not slow), and as timvp said, things should only get better as the season unravels.

:toast

Fernando TD21
11-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the clarifications. I also hope that Stéphane will post again soon. oh and :rolleyes at the "if u don't like don't post anymore" or "gtfoh pussy Stéphane" I think Stéphane and others have posted that way because they care about this terrific forum.
:toast
The fact that people have complaints doesn't mean that they don't like this place.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
11-22-2009, 10:31 PM
What a sad person this mookie is. Surely he toasted when Manu got injured, he is on the same hate brigade that ducks is.

And let me laugh at you acting tough gangsta.

Don't like Ginobili getting injured? Then write a complain letter to the Spurs management demanding his trade. I'm sure that your expert and smart takes on basketball will be heard.

I would also like to thank you for your xenophobic comments earlier on the thread. You automatically lost any possible argument with those.

Chieflion
11-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Actually I re-opened it.
What for? I actually thought the thread really ran its course.

Kori Ellis
11-22-2009, 11:31 PM
What for? I actually thought the thread really ran its course.

Because timvp and I talked about it and decided we should explain it a little more.

mookie2001
11-22-2009, 11:39 PM
What a sad person this mookie is. Surely he toasted when Manu got injured, he is on the same hate brigade that ducks is.

And let me laugh at you acting tough gangsta.

Don't like Ginobili getting injured? Then write a complain letter to the Spurs management demanding his trade. I'm sure that your expert and smart takes on basketball will be heard.

I would also like to thank you for your xenophobic comments earlier on the thread. You automatically lost any possible argument with those.

but but i am a gangster, im oshea jackson, from LA california???

rofl

i want ginobili to be healthy so the spurs will be the best possible team.
do you understand that statement?

dont just disagree, disect my previous posts, what exactly do you have a problem with?, then we can discuss it

por favor senor

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
11-23-2009, 12:23 AM
i always liked the french posters, they knew tony was better than manu and they didnt act like they knew or even cared about US politics unlike los ARGENTINOS

but one less foreigner is fine by me

forever

see what happens, they cant take it. they cant be objective about things because their entire interest is one player

manu is hurt again, after the last time which was the last straw, after the time before that when we all knew it would happen. we all knew manu would get hurt this season AGAIN, i said it (i am really fucking smart and you have to be a genius to see shit like that coming) and all they can resort to is vulgarity, calling people haters, full of shit, typical american, etc...

NOBODY gives a shit about fake fans, nobody, nadie. if they admins on this site didnt make globalization a top priority, these chodes would have been laughed out of the forum years ago

exactly, good job at pointing out the AGAIN part, it is more than a trend with this guy, i said it 4 injuries ago. I SAID IT 4 injuries ago, thats how long ive been saying the same shit, manu is fragile, he will get hurt again, he is only guy who can do what he does for us and we've ignored our needs in that area because manu is still alive and hasnt died yet. he is hurt again. Manu ginobili is hurt, and you have to be real fucking smart to see the trend, one has to be a real basketball expert to have predicted this injury

like ice cube said after the LA riots, the LA FUCKING RIOTS

I told you it would happened and you heard it, read it
but all you could call me was anti-Semitic (argentina)
regret it?-nope, said it?-yep
Listen to my big black boots as I step

i am positive he thought you have to real a fucking genius to have seen the riots coming, you had to have been a LAPD community relations expert to have predicted this shit

manu is hurt again

sorrrrrrrrrrrry senor

This.

And I'm picking a small sample from this thread only. If you want to, I can go to all the "Oh noes, Manu injured for one week, season is over threads", where you spilled gallons of hate.

sexinthatsx
11-23-2009, 03:18 AM
I don't know why everybody is getting so butthurt about this thread... obviously people need to start a little drama to get their posts up... so I'll do my fair share and BUMP!

Slo spurs fan
11-23-2009, 11:32 AM
The main reason for low quality of ST is that there is no Slovene player on the Spurs roster. And the result of that great misstake is less Slovene posters here. :)

angel_luv
11-23-2009, 11:49 AM
The main reason for low quality of ST is that there is no Slovene player on the Spurs roster. And the result of that great misstake is less Slovene posters here. :)

Something I rue on a daily basis! :)

mookie2001
11-23-2009, 01:46 PM
thats not hate manuslefthand

its all fact

senorglory
11-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Or maybe you suck at it.

That's pretty much my theory.

Allanon
11-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Kori and Timvp can't be around as much; so it's up to us. We don't need moderators here; we need to watch ourselves. Most of us are grown up people (except for Brazil) so try to curb yourself.

I'm a big offender of letting things get out of hand, but at some point; I realize that I'm trashing the forum and stop.

It's good to let emotions out after a loss; but do we really need a million threads about it? Y'all say ST is a great place, then help keep the quality yourself. We don't pay for running this forum; the least we can do is try to help out.

If a NEW fellow Spurfan starts a doomsday thread after a loss; instead of STFU noob, be the first to point out the other thousand threads then ignore the thread. By continually posting in thread, you're just keeping it alive :lol

And if you're a veteran poster you should know better than to add to the trash by starting new threads like:

a) telling people to calm down (there's at least 10 of these threads per loss..could easily be just 1 or 2). Invariably people get even more heated up when you tell them to calm down :lol

b) telling people this team sucks (there's a million of these)

Mods just don't have the time to merge a million threads after a bad loss; make their life easier by keeping it within a few threads.

Complaining is easy but if we can all help a little instead of complaining about it and insulting the noobs; we can all contribute positively in keeping this forum the best.