PDA

View Full Version : Tim deserves 12 time All Star appearances

Rapper
12-15-2009, 01:03 AM
Please vote for him, if we rank in 3rd to 5th place in west, Timmy will be on there and look at his statistics, 19pts 9rebs ,the best PF still deserves 12 time all star appearance this season and man that would be a disaster that watching the all star game without the best PF of all time , don't tell me the all star game sucks, being one of the straters in all star games is definitely an honor to a player no matter he is willing to be on there or not.

http://www.hinews.cn/pic/0/10/38/15/10381577_288866.jpg

timtonymanu
12-15-2009, 01:05 AM
As much as I love Timmy, I think Melo and Dirk deserve it more. But I'm still voting for Tim.

peskypesky
12-15-2009, 01:07 AM
do the coaches still vote?

duncan228
12-15-2009, 01:08 AM
I don't want to see his starting streak broken, but I think he'll get picked by the coaches if he doesn't get the fan vote.

z0sa
12-15-2009, 01:09 AM
I agree with 228. The coaches will vote him in.

peskypesky
12-15-2009, 01:09 AM
the coaches will vote him in then

eyeh8u
12-15-2009, 01:10 AM
wtf is up with china? how come you guys helped bruce bowen last year, but not tim this year

Rapper
12-15-2009, 01:11 AM
As much as I love Timmy, I think Melo and Dirk deserve it more. But I'm still voting for Tim.

It seems that over melo and dirk is impossible in the ballot but i got to vote for Timmy the way you should do

Rapper
12-15-2009, 01:14 AM
wtf is up with china? how come you guys helped bruce bowen last year, but not tim this year

We are helping Timmy this year but i don't know why Timmy is ranking 4th in the western forward slot

ffadicted
12-15-2009, 01:18 AM
Guys, settle down, we all knew this would happen eventually. Tim will continue to get voted in by the coaches until he retires, but he can't start every year, especially not when you got guys like Dirk and Melo doing what they're doing.

Rapper
12-15-2009, 01:20 AM
Guys, settle down, we all knew this would happen eventually. Tim will continue to get voted in by the coaches until he retires, but he can't start every year, especially not when you got guys like Dirk and Melo doing what they're doing.

Man what i said is that i hope Duncan to be a starter

Rapper
12-15-2009, 01:24 AM
Remaining 33 days ,we must vote for him, this is a responsibility for all spurs fans every year

raspsa
12-15-2009, 01:58 AM
I don't think it matters that much to Timmy..

Rapper
12-15-2009, 01:59 AM
I don't think it matters that much to Timmy..

No it matters a lot

phyzik
12-15-2009, 02:13 AM
No it matters a lot

No. It doesnt. only one thing matters.

:lobt2:

Rapper
12-15-2009, 02:22 AM
No. It doesnt. only one thing matters.

Man championship is the team goal and all star appearance is the individual thing, i think you know that better than i do, don't you? so i am not saying that all star starter is the most important thing to Timmy , all i said is besides the championship,the individaul stuff is important to our best guy as well

sasffl
12-15-2009, 03:02 AM
I don't care whether Tim is voted in All-star. I just want him healthy

Rapper
12-15-2009, 03:06 AM

Did you say something?

Rapper
12-15-2009, 03:07 AM
I don't want to see his starting streak broken, but I think he'll get picked by the coaches if he doesn't get the fan vote.

But i prefer starting to coming off the bench

duncan228
12-15-2009, 03:47 AM
But i prefer starting to coming off the bench

Duncan will be fine no matter how it plays out.

I understand that it's an honor, and you'd like to see him start. But it is what it is at this point. He's pretty far away from getting a starting spot this year. Be happy about how well he's playing this season, he'll be an All-Star.

Rapper
12-15-2009, 03:59 AM
Duncan will be fine no matter how it plays out.

I understand that it's an honor, and you'd like to see him start. But it is what it is at this point. He's pretty far away from getting a starting spot this year. Be happy about how well he's playing this season, he'll be an All-Star.

Yep,228 you know what? I always think that you're a person who is always objective to everything

Kori Ellis
12-15-2009, 04:02 AM
The first returns aren't much to go on. I think in 2008 and 2006, he was behind after the first returns too.

Either way, he'd probably just rather skip it altogether and rest :)

whottt
12-15-2009, 04:13 AM
The All Star Game is never anything for Duncan other than running up and down the floor rebounding while Kobe, TMac and Paul vie with LeBron and whoever for the MVP. Duncan always plays a lot of minutes, and he never gets a lot of shots. It's not like you actually get to watch Duncan do much. They just burn him...and it's not like if he is having a good game they put him in with a chance to get the MVP or anything.

He probably does want to keep his starting streak going but if he doesn't get voted in as a starter I imagine he's got like 15 better ways to spend the break than rebounding for Kobe.

Personally I hope they snub the entire team and give them something to prove in the second half, especially Duncan.

It'll give me a reason not to watch it for a change. About the only thing I am interested in this year is if LeBron is actually going to participate in the dunk contest VS Howard like he said he would last year. That's it...I am not interested in watching Kobe and Paul or Deron Williams or whoever the other guards are, duel for the MVP with LeBron.

duncan228
12-15-2009, 04:16 AM
About the only thing I am interested in this year is if LeBron is actually going to participate in the dunk contest VS Howard like he said he would last year.

LeBron does 180 on dunk contest

LeBron James flying high during All-Star weekend is no longer a slam dunk.

After saying at last year's event in Phoenix that he planned to dunk in the 2010 festivities in Dallas, James now says he's "50-50" about taking part.

James felt last year's contest was too "watered down" and his participation might revive the weekend's signature event.

"I'm like 50-50 right now," he said Wednesday night before a game against Phoenix. "I don't know if you can get it back to the 80s and like in '98 when Vince (Carter) was in it. It was more about the dunks and less about what was going on around the dunks. We'll see what happens."

So why has he changed his mind?

"I was excited," he said. "When I said it I was very excited about doing it. I was there at the event and you get caught up in it a little bit."

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141003

whottt
12-15-2009, 04:21 AM
Figured it wasn't a done deal...if that doesn't happen I have zero interest. I'll probably watch the game if Duncan goes in as a starter...I definitely won't if he doesn't. He's not going to win the MVP...it's always going to be Kobe or whoever Kobe wants, because Kobe is going to be the guy with the ball. And he's never going to want it to be Duncan...the only way Duncan will get one is if Parker or Manu get voted in as the starter and try to win it for him...they might look for him if he announces his retirement or something. Other than that...Kobe this, Kobe that. blah blah blah.

raspsa
12-15-2009, 04:35 AM
The players who are campaigning to get into the ASG are driven by ego and probably contractual pressures to generate visibility for their sponsors and justify their big endorsement contracts.. not really where TD is at at this point in his carreer. I used to look forward to All-Star Weekend.. lost interest a long time ago.. I can understand Larry Bird's desire to have no involvement with the event.

OrEmuN
12-15-2009, 06:56 AM
I know Duncan does not care about ASG but he will definitely be there by either fan's vote or coach's vote. As such, lets make him a starter !

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-15-2009, 07:03 AM

This.

Spurs Brazil
12-15-2009, 07:38 AM
I vote for TD everyday

silverblackfan
12-15-2009, 08:23 AM
I have been voting because it would be a crime to see the greatest not continue his streak as an ASG Forward. That being said, the thought of Timmy getting the time off and getting ready for the 2nd half of the season does sound good too.
The ASG really is just noise and glitz. I would much rather see a rested Duncan, determined to show the world what a true All Star does:

jdev82
12-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Please vote for him, if we rank in 3rd to 5th place in west, Timmy will be on there and look at his statistics, 19pts 9rebs ,the best PF still deserves 12 time all star appearance this season and man that would be a disaster that watching the all star game without the best PF of all time , don't tell me the all star game sucks, being one of the straters in all star games is definitely an honor to a player no matter he is willing to be on there or not.

http://www.hinews.cn/pic/0/10/38/15/10381577_288866.jpg

i told you a thousand times to stop posting altogether, or at least stop posting useless stupid threads. dont make me come down there

jdev82
12-15-2009, 11:59 AM
altho amare even playing much less starting is a travesty.

senorglory
12-15-2009, 08:27 PM

Calling out China? Awesome.

senorglory
12-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Although past glory probably shouldn't be the basis for current All-Star voting, this thread seems to be the only currently open Duncan-is-awesome thread, so, lest we forget:

Two years after Shaq's all-around gem in an NBA Finals game, Duncan also narrowly missed a quadruple-double. With Duncan going for 21 points, 20 rebounds, 10 assists and eight blocks, the Spurs scored a championship-clinching victory against the Nets in Game 6.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0912/all-decade.nba.memorable.performances.2000s/content.11.html#ixzz0ZoNF2AOy

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/senorglory/tim-duncan-21-20-10-8FinalsGame6.jpg

quentin_compson
12-15-2009, 08:47 PM
I don't think any Spurs fan will ever forget that performance.

I would be happy if Timmy made the All-Star team again, but I never got why it matters that much if the fans vote you in this or if the coaches do. The latter makes you feel sure you've been deemed worthy by guys that know the game, at least.

timtonymanu
12-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Timmy wil make it this year for sure. Someone's gotta represent SA and Tim is the only deserving Spur to make it so far.

duncan228
12-15-2009, 09:01 PM
...this thread seems to be the only currently open Duncan-is-awesome thread...

A moment to plug the always open 'Duncan-is-awesome' Forum. :)

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/group.php?groupid=7

Rapper
12-16-2009, 01:07 AM
Tonight Timmy has showed us that he still can play

senorglory
12-16-2009, 04:13 AM
tonight timmy has showed us that he still can play

m-v-p! M-v-p! M-v-p!

Chieflion
12-16-2009, 04:50 AM
Timmy has balls, the rest probably had their testicles removed.

Rapper
12-17-2009, 02:17 AM
Who knows when will the second returen come out?

orantom
12-17-2009, 07:52 AM

we didn't help bowen last year, maybe the tickets were wrong, i don't believe bowen can get so many tickets.

maybe 80% of chinese fans vote for the rockets, i guess