Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please vote for him, if we rank in 3rd to 5th place in west, Timmy will be on there and look at his statistics, 19pts 9rebs ,the best PF still deserves 12 time all star appearance this season and man that would be a disaster that watching the all star game without the best PF of all time , don't tell me the all star game sucks, being one of the straters in all star games is definitely an honor to a player no matter he is willing to be on there or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I love Timmy, I think Melo and Dirk deserve it more. But I'm still voting for Tim.

Thank you, Tim Duncan! peskypesky's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do the coaches still vote?

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want to see his starting streak broken, but I think he'll get picked by the coaches if he doesn't get the fan vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with 228. The coaches will vote him in.

Thank you, Tim Duncan! peskypesky's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the coaches will vote him in then

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf is up with china? how come you guys helped bruce bowen last year, but not tim this year

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I love Timmy, I think Melo and Dirk deserve it more. But I'm still voting for Tim.
    It seems that over melo and dirk is impossible in the ballot but i got to vote for Timmy the way you should do

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf is up with china? how come you guys helped bruce bowen last year, but not tim this year
    We are helping Timmy this year but i don't know why Timmy is ranking 4th in the western forward slot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, settle down, we all knew this would happen eventually. Tim will continue to get voted in by the coaches until he retires, but he can't start every year, especially not when you got guys like Dirk and Melo doing what they're doing.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, settle down, we all knew this would happen eventually. Tim will continue to get voted in by the coaches until he retires, but he can't start every year, especially not when you got guys like Dirk and Melo doing what they're doing.
    Man what i said is that i hope Duncan to be a starter

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remaining 33 days ,we must vote for him, this is a responsibility for all spurs fans every year

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it matters that much to Timmy..

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it matters that much to Timmy..
    No it matters a lot

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it matters a lot
    No. It doesnt. only one thing matters.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. It doesnt. only one thing matters.

Man championship is the team goal and all star appearance is the individual thing, i think you know that better than i do, don't you? so i am not saying that all star starter is the most important thing to Timmy , all i said is besides the championship,the individaul stuff is important to our best guy as well

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care whether Tim is voted in All-star. I just want him healthy

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care whether Tim is voted in All-star. I just want him healthy
    Did you say something?

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want to see his starting streak broken, but I think he'll get picked by the coaches if he doesn't get the fan vote.
    But i prefer starting to coming off the bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But i prefer starting to coming off the bench
    Duncan will be fine no matter how it plays out.

I understand that it's an honor, and you'd like to see him start. But it is what it is at this point. He's pretty far away from getting a starting spot this year. Be happy about how well he's playing this season, he'll be an All-Star.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan will be fine no matter how it plays out.

I understand that it's an honor, and you'd like to see him start. But it is what it is at this point. He's pretty far away from getting a starting spot this year. Be happy about how well he's playing this season, he'll be an All-Star.
    Yep,228 you know what? I always think that you're a person who is always objective to everything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first returns aren't much to go on. I think in 2008 and 2006, he was behind after the first returns too.

Either way, he'd probably just rather skip it altogether and rest

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The All Star Game is never anything for Duncan other than running up and down the floor rebounding while Kobe, TMac and Paul vie with LeBron and whoever for the MVP. Duncan always plays a lot of minutes, and he never gets a lot of shots. It's not like you actually get to watch Duncan do much. They just burn him...and it's not like if he is having a good game they put him in with a chance to get the MVP or anything.

He probably does want to keep his starting streak going but if he doesn't get voted in as a starter I imagine he's got like 15 better ways to spend the break than rebounding for Kobe.

Personally I hope they snub the entire team and give them something to prove in the second half, especially Duncan.

It'll give me a reason not to watch it for a change. About the only thing I am interested in this year is if LeBron is actually going to participate in the dunk contest VS Howard like he said he would last year. That's it...I am not interested in watching Kobe and Paul or Deron Williams or whoever the other guards are, duel for the MVP with LeBron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About the only thing I am interested in this year is if LeBron is actually going to participate in the dunk contest VS Howard like he said he would last year.
    LeBron does 180 on dunk contest

LeBron James flying high during All-Star weekend is no longer a slam dunk.

After saying at last year's event in Phoenix that he planned to dunk in the 2010 festivities in Dallas, James now says he's "50-50" about taking part.

James felt last year's contest was too "watered down" and his participation might revive the weekend's signature event.

"I'm like 50-50 right now," he said Wednesday night before a game against Phoenix. "I don't know if you can get it back to the 80s and like in '98 when Vince (Carter) was in it. It was more about the dunks and less about what was going on around the dunks. We'll see what happens."

So why has he changed his mind?

"I was excited," he said. "When I said it I was very excited about doing it. I was there at the event and you get caught up in it a little bit."
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141003

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Figured it wasn't a done deal...if that doesn't happen I have zero interest. I'll probably watch the game if Duncan goes in as a starter...I definitely won't if he doesn't. He's not going to win the MVP...it's always going to be Kobe or whoever Kobe wants, because Kobe is going to be the guy with the ball. And he's never going to want it to be Duncan...the only way Duncan will get one is if Parker or Manu get voted in as the starter and try to win it for him...they might look for him if he announces his retirement or something. Other than that...Kobe this, Kobe that. blah blah blah.

Thread Information