PDA

View Full Version : Pop says “too many pathetic games from too many people.”

SinBAD
12-16-2009, 01:05 AM
In other words manu, RJ and parker.What will pop do about it??He is starting to boil.he's never used the word pathetic before.

alchemist
12-16-2009, 01:07 AM
In other words manu, RJ and parker.What will pop do about it??He is starting to boil.he's ever used the word pathetic before.
he's gonna suit up :lobt2:

exstatic
12-16-2009, 01:14 AM
Manu sucked, too. With no more Raja Bell, he should abuse the Suns at will.

DesignatedT
12-16-2009, 01:16 AM
manu is nothing more than a spot up 3 pt shooter with the occasional flash. (see michael finley 2006) but better

Johnny RIngo
12-16-2009, 01:20 AM
manu is nothing more than a spot up 3 pt shooter with the occasional flash. (see michael finley 2006) but better

Considering it's a contract year for him he should be playing a lot better. Not surprised he isn't, though, considering all the injuries he's had the past two years.

On topic: I agree with Pop. Glad to see he's pissed off at the guys that aren't pulling their weight.

ElNono
12-16-2009, 01:20 AM
Manu had a bad shooting night... I thought that at least he was pissed off with his play, and at least played decent defense, handed 6 assists and grabbed 5 boards... We just can't have nights against good teams where none of Manu, Richard and Tony can't buy a bucket, because we don't have good enough defense to sustain that...

exstatic
12-16-2009, 01:21 AM

He certainly settled for that last night, but I disagree that that's what he's become. He's been attacking the rim like a fucking banshee lately, which REALLY puzzles me as to why he didn't against PHO.

Sean Cagney
12-16-2009, 01:22 AM
Manu had a bad shooting night... I thought that at least he was pissed off with his play, and at least played decent defense, handed 6 assists and grabbed 5 boards... We just can't have nights against good teams where none of Manu, Richard and Tony can't buy a bucket, because we don't have good enough defense to sustain that...

Then that says it all, no title this year :( Like I was thinking we are not good enough on D to beat great teams.

We need scoring to win and that mostly, that will not win a title, ask PHX and any other high scoring team in the past.

HarlemHeat37
12-16-2009, 01:24 AM
Manu wasn't horrible tonight..

There's a difference between Manu and other non-Duncan Spurs when he's in shape and he has an off game..Manu didn't shoot well tonight, but he contributed in other ways..he was making plays for others, getting rebounds, playing decent D and showing the intangibles he brings..

I've been hard on him all season, but he's gotten it together these last few games..

when guys like Tony and RJ have poor games, they don't give the team ANYTHING else..they can't make plays for others without turning it over, they're both poor defenders, they both need the ball..

SinBAD
12-16-2009, 01:27 AM
I agree with u.Manu was ok.Parker is turning the ball over too much.Pop needs to rip him really.I have no idea what is wrong with RJ.He never sucked this bad.I think RJ needs to be on the second unit and manu needs to become a starter.RJ needs the ball and parker isnt giving it to him enough.Come on pop change the damn starting line up.it obviously sucks

Ice009
12-16-2009, 01:28 AM

There's a difference between Manu and other non-Duncan Spurs when he's in shape and he has an off game..Manu didn't shoot well tonight, but he contributed in other ways..he was making plays for others, getting rebounds, playing decent D and showing the intangibles he brings..

I've been hard on him all season, but he's gotten it together these last few games..

when guys like Tony and RJ have poor games, they don't give the team ANYTHING else..they can't make plays for others without turning it over, they're both poor defenders, they both need the ball..

Exactly. Manu always used to do so much even in some of his 7 points games he still usually had a big influence.

RJ and Parker are kinda more towards the Matt Bonner school of not bringing anything else to the table.

ElNono
12-16-2009, 01:28 AM

I don't want to add much more about Manu because I don't want it taken as excuses. He did not shot the ball well tonight, and he didn't drive enough, IMO. That said, he handed at least 3 passes to Blair under the basket that somehow Dejuan missed or got fouled that could easily have bumped his assists even further. I thought he did a good job getting people involved when his shot wasn't falling.

TJastal
12-16-2009, 01:35 AM
I don't want to add much more about Manu because I don't want it taken as excuses. He did not shot the ball well tonight, and he didn't drive enough, IMO. That said, he handed at least 3 passes to Blair under the basket that somehow Dejuan missed or got fouled that could easily have bumped his assists even further. I thought he did a good job getting people involved when his shot wasn't falling.

+1

He did some great passes and was his usual Manu self as far as getting into the other teams' heads and getting calls his way. Always gives me a great laugh when I see guys get so irratated they throw themselves into him like Nash did and immediately get whistled for a call. That one had me rolling out of my seat. :lol

And I don't think Blair was 100% tonight after that nasty fall he took. If he hits a couple more put backs at the right times this could easily been a win.

blkroadrunners
12-16-2009, 01:35 AM
I have no idea what is wrong with RJ.He never sucked this bad.I think RJ needs to be on the second unit and manu needs to become a starter.RJ needs the ball and parker isnt giving it to him enough.Come on pop change the damn starting line up.it obviously sucks

Mainly b/c he's a full-court player playing in a half-court system w/ a scoring PG. This is a huge transition for him.

21_Blessings
12-16-2009, 01:41 AM

Screw the regular season. Phil versus Pop 1v1 for the WCF title.

SinBAD
12-16-2009, 01:46 AM

The spurs wont get to the WCF with this mentality.Parker and RJ need to step up.Man I wish we had a game against the lakers this month so Pop would see how bad we suck.We play the lakers next month and if pop doesnt find a solution they'll dominate us.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-16-2009, 01:49 AM
First call-out of the year.

This might be a warning to the team that they'd better find some consistency or someone is on the move.

Indazone
12-16-2009, 01:50 AM
Popovich signaling a major lineup shift.

SinBAD
12-16-2009, 01:53 AM

This might be a warning to the team that they'd better find some consistency or someone is on the move.

I hope so.But they'll never trade parker or RJ.this is our team for the year and on paper its a team capable of beating anyone but in real life its not the case.Age isnt a factor.Look at nash (35) run circles around parker and hill.
grant hill (37) playing like a beast this year. where is that fountain of youth for parker and manu to drink from??

TDMVPDPOY
12-16-2009, 01:54 AM
hope he pulls a trade instead of another roster rotation

SinBAD
12-16-2009, 01:54 AM

I expect RJ to be out of the starting line up tomorrow and manu to replace him.

SinBAD
12-16-2009, 01:56 AM
hope he pulls a trade instead of another roster rotation

team doesnt need a trade.they just need a beating by Pop.Sjax would've been way better than RJ.that guy is fearless.RJ is a chicken.just doesnt try hard enough.If his shots dont fall he doesnt attack the rim doesnt do shit.He once lead the NBA in FTA.What the hell happened to him???Attack the damn rim man.Stop being a pussy.

Ice009
12-16-2009, 01:57 AM

I hope Dejuan Blair's all out hustle and diving for every fucking ball has got Pop to realize how much effort a lot of the new guys are not giving out there.

team doesnt need a trade.they just need a beating by Pop.Sjax would've been way better than RJ.that guy is fearless.RJ is a chicken.just doesnt try hard enough.If his shots dont fall he doesnt attack the rim doesnt do shit.He once lead the NBA in FTA.What the hell happened to him???Attack the damn rim man.Stop being a pussy.

Well this is what I said about SJax while he was still in Goldenstate and asking to come to Spurs, but most people in here blew it off.

LOL how was SJax not worth 7 million a year and RJ is worth 14?

Ice009
12-16-2009, 01:59 AM

Would you make this trade with the Raptors - Bosh, Bargnani and Calderon for Parker, RJ and Bonner???

gospursgojas
12-16-2009, 02:00 AM

I say mase

Pop's silence when asked if rj was one of the guys he's talking about...spoke loud and clear

Indazone
12-16-2009, 02:00 AM
Why the hell would the Crapters do that? Totally lopsided trade. Bonner??? lol

SinBAD
12-16-2009, 02:02 AM
Would you make this trade with the Raptors - Bosh, Bargnani and Calderon for Parker, RJ and Bonner???

Hell yeah.Calderon is a distributor, Bosh and duncan would dominate any front line in the NBA and bargnani can shoot lights out but why would the raptors do it??

jdev82
12-16-2009, 02:03 AM
this team without RJ would be 17-3

Ice009
12-16-2009, 02:03 AM
Why the hell would the Crapters do that? Totally lopsided trade. Bonner??? lol

You can do the trade with out Bonner it still works money wise. I thought I'd throw him in there anyway though ;).

Well the only reason the Raptors might consider the trade is because surely Bosh is gone next season? You think he'll stay.

I don't think they can get anyone better than Parker for him if they were to trade him right now. Do you?

How about Bosh, Bargnani, Calderon for Parker, RJ, Bonner and also throwing it Splitter's rights to sweeten the deal?

HarlemHeat37
12-16-2009, 02:05 AM
Raptors would never move Bargnani, let alone Bosh with him..

we're stuck with RJ people, accept it..he's been a huge disappointment, but his contract is here to stay..the trade assets we can realistically use are the collective expiring contracts of Bonner, Mason, Finley, our scrubs, draft picks and the rights to Splitter..

Hopefully Pop decides to bench Tony for a few weeks, but I doubt it..hopefully we get to see more Blair with Duncan..hopefully more Ratliff..hopefully SOME Hairston..there are a lot of things I'm hoping for, but I doubt most of them happen..

HarlemHeat37
12-16-2009, 02:06 AM
BTW, even without that RJ trade, this team still wouldn't be much different..Tony is a huge part of our team, he was supposed to be our #1 option, and he's been an average player this year..

This guy desperately needs some rest..

Ice009
12-16-2009, 02:07 AM
Raptors would never move Bargnani, let alone Bosh with him..

we're stuck with RJ people, accept it..he's been a huge disappointment, but his contract is here to stay..the trade assets we can realistically use are the collective expiring contracts of Bonner, Mason, Finley, our scrubs, draft picks and the rights to Splitter..

Hopefully Pop decides to bench Tony for a few weeks, but I doubt it..hopefully we get to see more Blair with Duncan..hopefully more Ratliff..hopefully SOME Hairston..there are a lot of things I'm hoping for, but I doubt most of them happen..

What do you see the Raptors doing with Bosh? They stink and surely he will bolt next season? Do you think he will stay?

Indazone
12-16-2009, 02:08 AM
Calderon is the consumate point guard. Great court vision and assists. He'd actually be better for the Spurs than anyone else.

SinBAD
12-16-2009, 02:08 AM
This should be the starting line up
Hill, RJ, Bogans, Duncan and Bonner
then come in with parker, Manu, mason, Blair and Dyss

Then finish the game with parker, Manu, RJ, Duncan, Blair

HarlemHeat37
12-16-2009, 02:10 AM
Calderon is horrible, you guys are really overrating him..

His actual passing ability is just above average..he rarely takes any risks on his passes and makes simple passes to inflate his assists, which is why his turnovers are usually so low..he's also very poor at penetration and he has injury concerns..he's also just as bad or worse than Parker defensively..

the only advantage he has is that he's a great shooter..

HarlemHeat37
12-16-2009, 02:12 AM
What do you see the Raptors doing with Bosh? They stink and surely he will bolt next season? Do you think he will stay?

I'm in TO right now, it's my home away from home..there's still a lot of hope that Bosh will stay..he loves the city and does a lot here and he can make more $ here than he can anywhere else..if he does get traded, I assume it will be a sign and trade, or at least that's the belief here..

Bargnani would take a lot..not that he's a great player or anything, because he definitely isn't, but Colangelo loves him and would never give up on him unless there was a huge steal available..

Indazone
12-16-2009, 02:13 AM
Bosh has already stated he will not be in Toronto next year.

SinBAD
12-16-2009, 02:18 AM

well this is manu's last year here im sure the spurs wont resign him.If rj continies to suck he might be part of a deal next summer to bring a super star.What the spurs r going through is what the rockets went through when they brought in Pippen and barkely and failed and what the lakers did in 2004 when they brought in malone and payton and failed. Just a reminder, both these teams blew up their rosters after their failures. I predict the same to happen if the spurs dont make the WCF

HarlemHeat37
12-16-2009, 02:23 AM

???

SenorSpur
12-16-2009, 02:27 AM
I hope Dejuan Blair's all out hustle and diving for every fucking ball has got Pop to realize how much effort a lot of the new guys are not giving out there.

Well this is what I said about SJax while he was still in Goldenstate and asking to come to Spurs, but most people in here blew it off.

LOL how was SJax not worth 7 million a year and RJ is worth 14?

Clearly, SJax would've been a much better fit, but the trade package didn't quite add up. Damn shame too. Would've loved to have seen him back in a Spur uniform again. I'm not surprised at the level of his production and influence on the Bobcats. He's really a good player.

If Pop has to make a move, I'd rather he go after Rudy Gay. Don't know what it would take, but that would be the new SF I'd be gunning for.

Indazone
12-16-2009, 02:29 AM
Bosh wants out of Toronto. Book it. Why would an All-Star in the prime of his career stay with a perennial crap team with no chance at a Championship?

http://www.scoresreport.com/2009/02/02/does-chris-bosh-want-out-of-toronto/

HarlemHeat37
12-16-2009, 02:34 AM
That may be true, but that's not a source, and he hasn't actually said anything at all..they still believe that he'll re-sign with the Raptors or they'll get something for him in the off-season..

blkroadrunners
12-16-2009, 02:41 AM
How about Bosh, Bargnani, Calderon for Parker, RJ, Bonner and also throwing it Splitter's rights to sweeten the deal?

That's a big defensive fail right there, particularly Bargnani and Jose.

murpjf88
12-16-2009, 02:47 AM
NOBODY in their frickin' mind will take jefferson off our hands. You might as well get use to it.The spurs are stuck with him for 2 years.

lennyalderette
12-16-2009, 02:52 AM
if we traded parker we could get bosh! hehehe i know i know jk

Ice009
12-16-2009, 02:52 AM
That's a big defensive fail right there, particularly Bargnani and Jose.

Did I say they are great defenders? Did I say make this trade for defensive reasons? The way Bonner and Parker are playing those guys aren't that much worse right now. That is how bad Bonner and Parker have been on the defensive end.

murpjf88
12-16-2009, 02:53 AM

What makes you think toronto is going to want to take other team's trash?

murpjf88
12-16-2009, 02:54 AM
Did I say they are great defenders? Did I say make this trade for defensive reasons? The way Bonner and Parker are playing those guys aren't that much worse right now. That is how bad Bonner and Parker have been on the defensive end.

So what makes you think other teams will want them?

Ice009
12-16-2009, 02:54 AM
NOBODY in their frickin' mind will take jefferson off our hands. You might as well get use to it.The spurs are stuck with him for 2 years.

True, but all I asked is that if anyone would do that trade.

I didn't say at all that we need to go out and make it.

The last time I asked for a trade and pushed for one was for SJax a few weeks ago because I believe in him and his game that would fit with the Spurs.

murpjf88
12-16-2009, 02:59 AM
True, but all I asked is that if anyone would do that trade.

I didn't say at all that we need to go out and make it.

The last time I asked for a trade and pushed for one was for SJax a few weeks ago because I believe in him and his game that would fit with the Spurs.

I agree SJax would of been a better fit, but pop didn;t want him back for some reason. Unfortunately, we already had rj and couldn't afford SJax.

Chomag
12-16-2009, 03:04 AM
I wouldn't say Dice is safe from Pop either right now. He has looked very bad since the Boston game.

Ice009
12-16-2009, 03:08 AM
What makes you think toronto is going to want to take other team's trash?

Because they could lose Bosh for nothing.

I didn't say the Spurs would ever offer this or Toronto either. All I asked is if the people in this tread would make the trade. I am curious if you would do it?

What would you offer for Bosh if you were putting together a package?

lennyalderette
12-16-2009, 03:12 AM
too many pathetic decisions from the coach is more like it!!!!!!!!!! sit their asses down if they play like shit!! moron! dont remove players that get you back in the game! pop is a smart guy, but as of late his decisions on rotations and lineups are just plain stupid!!!

murpjf88
12-16-2009, 03:14 AM

I didn't say the Spurs would ever offer this or Toronto either. All I asked is if the people in this tread would make the trade. I am curious if you would do it?

Well, bosh is a free agent at the end of the year. If I could ship off rj, I would. But for bosh, I would give roger mason, possibly finley and bonner, and definitely RJ. In order to sign bosh though, that would almost certainly end manu's career in san antonio.

Personally, I think tony will turn it around. He almost has to.

What does worry me about tony is playing summer ball. When manu played summer ball in 2007, he was useless down the stretch and in the playoffs. Tony might only get worse. He needs to get his priorities straight; the spurs or summer ball.

As far as your proposal, I would pull the trigger on it if toronto would accept.

lennyalderette
12-16-2009, 03:18 AM
i would give parker for bosh if thats enough if not i would throw in bonner

timtonymanu
12-16-2009, 03:25 AM
too many pathetic decisions from the coach is more like it!!!!!!!!!! sit their asses down if they play like shit!! moron! dont remove players that get you back in the game! pop is a smart guy, but as of late his decisions on rotations and lineups are just plain stupid!!!

i didnt see anything wrong with pop subbing out the guys that brought us back. TP and RJ needed to get into rythm and i rather see TP and RJ finish a game than Hill and Mason. TP and RJ just sucked tonight. Not Pop's fault.

Sean Cagney
12-16-2009, 03:36 AM
i didnt see anything wrong with pop subbing out the guys that brought us back. TP and RJ needed to get into rythm and i rather see TP and RJ finish a game than Hill and Mason. TP and RJ just sucked tonight. Not Pop's fault.

No you ride the hot hand that gets you back in it and roll with it, he doesn't do that as of late and rides some too long that are not doing jack and it loses games! Thats the problem lately, Pop just subs someone who does shyt and leaves them in there too long and we lose or lose a lead. RJ and Hill got it done tonight, Blair too, he should have left them in longer with TD.

TJastal
12-16-2009, 03:45 AM
No you ride the hot hand that gets you back in it and roll with it, he doesn't do that as of late and rides some too long that are not doing jack and it loses games! Thats the problem lately, Pop just subs someone who does shyt and leaves them in there too long and we lose or lose a lead. RJ and Hill got it done tonight, Blair too, he should have left them in longer with TD.

RJ? Don't u mean RMJ?

senorglory
12-16-2009, 03:57 AM
In other words manu, RJ and parker.What will pop do about it??He is starting to boil.he's never used the word pathetic before.

''I thought Phoenix did a great job coming out aggressively and keeping the aggressiveness for 48 minutes. We had too many pathetic games from too many people. You can't do that against a team like Phoenix,'' San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/gameflash/2009/12/15/27630_recap.html#ixzz0Zq98PqQm

Man, that is harsh.

senorglory
12-16-2009, 04:00 AM

This makes alot of sense. I like it.

timaios
12-16-2009, 04:05 AM
Calderon is the consumate point guard. Great court vision and assists. He'd actually be better for the Spurs than anyone else.

2009-10 ASSISTS LEADERS : Assists Per Game

11 Tony Parker 30.9 min 6.2 apg
12 Jose Calderon 31.1 min 6.2 apg

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Assists.jsp?league=00&qualified=Y&season=22009

senorglory
12-16-2009, 04:05 AM

I'm not in favor of any trades, and like the team we have now, but...

anyone but Duncan and Parker. Picks and cash, too.

Ice009
12-16-2009, 04:11 AM
I'm not in favor of any trades, and like the team we have now, but...

anyone but Duncan and Parker. Picks and cash, too.

For fucks sake this actual time it was just a hypothetical trade. Bosh is a great player and I think would fit well with Duncan. I was just curious what people would trade for him.

Why is everyone taking it so seriously?

I would like a trade, but I have not pushed for a trade since SJAX was available. I don't like anyone else or what we would have to give up to get anyone else as good as SJAX, that is unless someone wanted to salary dump us a good player ;).

I would have even traded RJ for SJAX a few weeks ago while people around here were saying that RJ will start playing better.

senorglory
12-16-2009, 04:26 AM
For fucks sake this actual time it was just a hypothetical trade. Bosh is a great player and I think would fit well with Duncan. I was just curious what people would trade for him.

Why is everyone taking it so seriously?

I would like a trade, but I have not pushed for a trade since SJAX was available. I don't like anyone else or what we would have to give up to get anyone else as good as SJAX, that is unless someone wanted to salary dump us a good player ;).

I would have even traded RJ for SJAX a few weeks ago while people around here were saying that RJ will start playing better.

Yeah, man, hypothetically, I get it; and to get Bosh, I'm all-in for a trade that includes anyone but Duncan and Parker, picks and cash available too. Putting Bosh next to Duncan via trade would be up there with Garnett to Celtics, Gasol to Lakers. With an able bodied all-star in the front court next to Duncan, we'd be like the Spurs of '99, only better, cause instead of over-achieving Avery, we'd have 2007 Finals MVP Parker.

Xylus
12-16-2009, 04:28 AM
I expected Tony Parker to destroy the Suns tonight. Kept waiting, kept waiting... and it never happened. Bizarre, too, since the Suns didn't exactly play suffocating D. Dude must have had his dick sucked just minutes prior to the game.

TDMVPDPOY
12-16-2009, 04:47 AM
randolf is on the blocks apparently...should strike a deal for him....

Ice009
12-16-2009, 04:51 AM
randolf is on the blocks apparently...should strike a deal for him....

Zack Randolph?

Xylus
12-16-2009, 04:53 AM
Zack Randolph?

I think he meant Anthony.

Chieflion
12-16-2009, 04:54 AM
Hell, Zach Randolph would be good too. He is doing everything for the Grizzlies and is not even a ball-hog.

Danny.Zhu
12-16-2009, 06:21 AM
He could have got pissed off much earlier.

Josepatches_
12-16-2009, 06:40 AM
team doesnt need a trade..

True.We need more than a trade to be a tittle contender.Maybe trade all players except TD,Blair and Hill

VivaPopovich
12-16-2009, 07:10 AM
why doesn't pop shutup and take some responsibility also

BillMc
12-16-2009, 07:18 AM

+1 Billion

Mal
12-16-2009, 07:30 AM
2009-10 ASSISTS LEADERS : Assists Per Game

11 Tony Parker 30.9 min 6.2 apg
12 Jose Calderon 31.1 min 6.2 apg

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Assists.jsp?league=00&qualified=Y&season=22009

Look who is Jose passing to. Pussyglu, Brickgniani. 6,2 apg looks good. Raptors have no system of playing. They just go on court and improvises + Bosh with 15 FT per game. That`s all. In team with some offensive game vision Jose could get 9 apg. In Spurs pass-first PG is always welcome. Problem is that he isn`t great defender.

SpurNation
12-16-2009, 07:45 AM

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124967&page=10

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5318614

Parker/McDyess for Bosh. Bosh has been reportedly unhappy in Toronto. Toronto is playing under .500 ball. Maybe they do the trade maybe not.

The differentials in ppg and rebounds are a near wash with 4.9 assists fewer for the Spurs. But IMO...what Bosh brings is what the team lacks the most as far as need and that's another legitiment, athletic big that would significantly help Duncan and this team's chances at advancing in the playoffs.

I believe, with a more ball movement type of offense, the team should be able to survive the loss of Parker with Hill, Ginobili and Mason all pulling duty at the position.

Bosh is in the driver's seat next season. Toronto might feel compelled to get something for him before this season ends. That plus I don't think Parker is very happy to be on this team anymore. Parker seems to WANT to be the top option but Pop seems to be wanting to implement a different style of offense than just the Parker/Duncan duo.

Chieflion
12-16-2009, 07:52 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124967&page=10

Bosh is in the driver's seat next season. Toronto might feel compelled to get something for him before this season ends. That plus I don't think Parker is very happy to be on this team anymore. Parker seems to WANT to be the top option but Pop seems to be wanting to implement a different style of offense than just the Parker/Duncan duo.
You don't need to set Spurstalk up for an all-out war, you know.

Supergirl
12-16-2009, 08:05 AM

even if we were playing good enough d, you do still have to SCORE to be able to win games. And Tim and Mase aren't gonna get it done by themselves.

Tony, Manu, and RJ had subpar offensive games and Blair and Hill - who were a big part of what got us back into the game - got abused by the refs and that killed out momentum.

exstatic
12-16-2009, 08:13 AM

He wasn't horrible in the SECOND half, but he sucked donkey dicks in the FIRST half, when the 15 point hole was dug. He was fucking non-existent, and I don't know why he gets a pass for that.

Chieflion
12-16-2009, 08:25 AM
He wasn't horrible in the SECOND half, but he sucked donkey dicks in the FIRST half, when the 15 point hole was dug. He was fucking non-existent, and I don't know why he gets a pass for that.
I don't think Manu gets a pass for that. It is just RJ and TP had a worse game, which is why they are taking the dump on Spurstalk.

urunobili
12-16-2009, 08:39 AM

this

I have been thinking that giving up a few assets for Calderon would be the right move... he can actually start and we can play TP off the ball like that... :wakeup

romain.star
12-16-2009, 09:40 AM
manu is not the problem right now, Parker is. He is the one who got the keys of the truck. The Spurs will live or die with TP ability to adjust his game to the newcomers.

Spursmania
12-16-2009, 09:41 AM

Our chances might be better than they are at this moment.

Spursmania
12-16-2009, 09:43 AM
this

I have been thinking that giving up a few assets for Calderon would be the right move... he can actually start and we can play TP off the ball like that... :wakeup

I don't think the Spurs are poised to make any more moves this year. With the team trying to gel with all the new players, it's hard to see them making any additional changes.

lefty
12-16-2009, 09:46 AM
At this rythm, we are not gong to get there :lol

Spursmania
12-16-2009, 09:46 AM
I am so disappointed in RJ.

Is it Pop's fault for not calling the right plays? Is it Tony's fault for not involving RJ more in the offense? Is it RJ's fault for not being aggressive and asking for the ball?

It's a combination of all these things. But if the Spurs can't get RJ actively involved on a consistent basis then we're screwed.

Creation88
12-16-2009, 09:47 AM

he shouldn't suit up, he should BEARD OUT!

z0sa
12-16-2009, 10:00 AM
It's a combination of all these things. But if the Spurs can't get RJ actively involved on a consistent basis then we're screwed.

It's a problem many foresaw. The thing is, we hoped having HOF coaching and veteran leadership would be enough to make the clock tick.

Thus far, no such luck - but it can't be solely blamed on the RJ.

We're woefully inconsistent on both ends. We allow too many easy buckets due to faulty decision making, without generating nearly enough of our own easy scores.

And, our team D's overall peak performance may be average at best.

The Spurs, so accurately described before as "chameleons", just aren't that anymore, and I think that's where the problem lies. We haven't decided to give up on being a top 5 defensive team even though we don't have the personnel.

Spursmania
12-16-2009, 10:13 AM
BTW, when did Pop say "too many pathetic games from too many people". I'd like to see that interview.

Since I'm not seeing any post game vids from Spursdot.com right now, is it safe to say, nobody from the Spurs media outlet travels with the Spurs that could actually provide these post game interview feeds for us?

Dex
12-16-2009, 10:17 AM
You can draw up all the X's and O's you want, but if players don't put the ball in the basket, you're not going to win many ball games.

I don't know what you tell a team to get them to hit their damn shots...but Pop needs to figure it out quick. We get way too many open looks to go through 2-4 minute scoring droughts.

Spursmania
12-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Here is the pathetic comment by Pop in that article.
See link for full article.

http://www.nba.com/games/20091215/SASPHX/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0020900356

With the loss, Popovich still needs two more wins to become the 16th coach in NBA history to win 700 regular-season games.

"We had too many pathetic games from too many people," he said afterward. "We can't do that against a good team."

ducks
12-16-2009, 10:45 AM
he wasn't horrible in the second half, but he sucked donkey dicks in the first half, when the 15 point hole was dug. He was fucking non-existent, and i don't know why he gets a pass for that.

because he is manu
he can do no wrong

Spursmania
12-16-2009, 11:01 AM
because he is manu
he can do no wrong

BS, enough people have ragged on Manu as well. One cannot deny TP's play in France has hindered his ability to come into the season fresh and ready to play.

TP is young and he looks like an old man out there with his lack of energy and D. We know TP can play great but thus far he has been a dud when we really needed him as have Manu, RJ and many Spur players. But, it's not only TP or Manu's fault. The team is just not playing anywhere near their capabilities.

The team needed TP, Manu and RJ to step up last night. All 3 played below their capabilities.

intlspurshk
12-16-2009, 11:01 AM
RJ is the major issue. Then Parker is the second worse. Manu is the third worst key player.

I think we need to trade for a pass first PG who can unlock the potential of RJ, a perimeter defender and a more athletic centre who share some defensive abilities of TD. This may be done via giving up Mcdyess, Bonner, RMJ, Manu. If these players are traded, then the consequential issue is SPURS players are too used to 3pt plays.

SpurCharger
12-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Id Even Be Happy Seeing Haislip Out There.... He May Just Come with ENergy, and play with a sense of urgency...... Hairston, blair, Haislip, Hill....... That is 4 guys Who Give alot of energy and will play hard every night....

Myrak
12-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Time for TP to go. He is done and is bringing this team down. He can't play defense and his offense is pathetic.

SenorSpur
12-16-2009, 11:33 AM
To me, Parker's offensive struggles, ball-hogging and dumb-ass turnovers have had the most negative impact on team performance. While Duncan is still the hub, Parker is the PG, head of the snake, and chief playcaller. His play and decisions have direct impacts on newcomers like RJ. After that, I would say RJ's underwhelming integration, Manu looking merely ordinary and the complete erosion of team defense as next biggest factors.

mingus
12-16-2009, 11:53 AM
bad, bad game, but i'm unimpressed with Pop's inability to acclimate everyone offesnively so far this year. it's taking him a while to find a way to mesh all the talent he has. not surprising considering he's never ahd close to as much of it.

i still think this team can be successful, and win a 'chip, but if the Spurs were willing to go all out this summer with their spending, Ariza should have been the guy they chose. Jefferson has to really, really, adapt his game to be a 4th option where as it would have been a natural fit for Ariza.

lefty
12-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Giving up 67 pts in a half is nit typical SPurs basketball.

Our defense looked actually worse than the Suns', you can't go any lower than that.

It that's not a wake up call for Pop and his team, then there is no hope

SenorSpur
12-16-2009, 12:02 PM
bad, bad game, but i'm unimpressed with Pop's inability to acclimate everyone offesnively so far this year. it's taking him a while to find a way to mesh all the talent he has. not surprising considering he's never ahd close to as much of it.

i still think this team can be successful, and win a 'chip, but if the Spurs were willing to go all out this summer with their spending, Ariza should have been the guy they chose. Jefferson has to really, really, adapt his game to be a 4th option where as it would have been a natural fit for Ariza.

As explosive a scorer as RJ has been in his day, he's not been known as much of a defender. Ariza certainly would've been an interesting option because he's an all-around-type of player - at a helluva lot less salary.

hater
12-16-2009, 12:08 PM
well when the white Steve Nash, Goran Dragic sweeps the floor with manu, parker and hill, pathetic is too nice a word. :pctoss

DaBears
12-16-2009, 12:29 PM
TP in my opinion is a big problem guy just flat out cannot play "D".. Last night Steve Nash made TP look like a 3rd string PG on the Raptors roster squad, D-league even.. Last night we witnessed what a true pg is suppose to do for his team... "I'm not a steve nash fan either"...

Not all blame goes on Parker, you can also give thanks to No-show Jefferson, and McDyess... Manu for just flat out turning the ball over.. The COACH-2nd biggest problem with team.... Only ones to show up last night is Mason, GHILL, the Beast....

This defensive team might be the worst we;ve seen thus far, if it was not for the rebounding that has picked up recently we would be just god awful... It was stated earlier that we made the SUNS defense look superb.

DaBears
12-16-2009, 12:37 PM
I think that while yes this team is and might be the most talented team SA has ever had..
I think it is one of the worst basketball IQ teams SA has ever had... Make of it what you want.. Point is they are losing..

Chomag
12-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Only ones to show up last night is Mason, GHILL, the Beast....

Did you forget TimmyD?

lefty
12-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Did you forget TimmyD?
Yup

Barkley would have said: " Tim DUncan played fantachtic tonight "

SpuronyourFace
12-16-2009, 12:58 PM

Very true. He is obviously not the Manu of old, but he is still a contributer.

But when Tony is having an off game.....good night folks.

Chomag
12-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Very true. He is obviously not the Manu of old, but he is still a contributer.

But when Tony is having an off game.....good night folks.

Allthough I agree that Manu can still contribute in the NBA. However Spurs need more then just a contributer out of him to have a chance at the Championship sorry to say.

spurspokesman
12-16-2009, 01:54 PM

Yup. This is the pop I want to see

gospursgojas
12-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Tony had a bad game. He can comeback....

RJ on the other hand, I have given up all hope on. He made it to the finals his first 2 years in the league and then I guess he was on too many bad teams for too long. He forgot what kind of work, mentality and heart winning takes.

I hope he proves me wrong and comes around, bc as of now....spurs are stuck with him

gospursgojas
12-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Yup. This is the pop I want to see

+1

I was wondering when 09-10 Pop's balls were gonna drop. You could practically see the steam coming from his ears last night.

Chomag
12-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Yep, it was pretty awesome watching Pop in the interview last night. The reporters were shaking so much that you could hear the quivering in their voices. Thats the old Pop I want to see!!

DaBears
12-16-2009, 02:26 PM
I dare to say! trade TP for a Stud Legitmate Center who is known for Rebounding & block shots... One allstar for another.. Straight up trade....

It could happen before the dealine in feb.

Gospursel
12-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Hill, Manu, RJ, Blair, Bonner. IMO this linup brings out the best in each player. I've seen them dominate against several teams...

DaBears
12-16-2009, 02:32 PM
i guarantee if we started deducting their pay for every fuckup they do we would be have a nice record come the end of the season.....

Come on when it comes to money when its just thrown at you at the lvl it is in Sports where is the incentive to go out and give it all. Money takes a backseat to nothing.. Your pride your heart can all be overcome by the alimight dollar trust me in that...

DaBears
12-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Timmy D did play well last nite... He is the one guy that i can say along side GHILL and the Beast has brought it all season long thus far..

Duncan2177
12-16-2009, 02:47 PM
No shit Pop :rolleyes

Gooshie
12-16-2009, 02:49 PM
I was at the game last night. One thing I noticed right away about RJ was that it didn't seem his complete focus was there from the start.

With about 7 minutes left before tipoff, RJ spotted his Arizona coach Lute Olsen in the stands and jogged over to chat with him and Sean Elliott. Channing Frye (another U of A alum) soon joined them.

At first, as a U of A grad myself, I thought it was awesome. But then RJ wouldn't leave. Frye only stayed briefly before going back to rejoin his teammates, but RJ stayed for about 6 minutes chatting it up. Then, when he was finally done, instead of going back and shooting around, he started joking around with one of the officials.

I know every player probably has a different way of getting ready for a game, but it just struck me as odd. For a big game, I thought he was too "loosey goosey".

Brazil
12-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Except Tim Duncan and Blair the whole team including the coach has been pathetic !
Really I don't understand the need to point out somebody: Tp, RJ, Manu, Bonner, Dice, Hill (yes Hill has been pathetic too), Pop... there is no one to be saved after this game and after this beginning of the season. No One Is Innocent.

ducks
12-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Did you forget TimmyD?

no d duncan?

in2deep
12-16-2009, 03:12 PM
no d duncan?

if you are claiming Duncan played no D last night you really are in sad shape. feel sorry for you

SenorSpur
12-16-2009, 03:15 PM
I was at the game last night. One thing I noticed right away about RJ was that it didn't seem his complete focus was there from the start.

With about 7 minutes left before tipoff, RJ spotted his Arizona coach Lute Olsen in the stands and jogged over to chat with him and Sean Elliott. Channing Frye (another U of A alum) soon joined them.

At first, as a U of A grad myself, I thought it was awesome. But then RJ wouldn't leave. Frye only stayed briefly before going back to rejoin his teammates, but RJ stayed for about 6 minutes chatting it up. Then, when he was finally done, instead of going back and shooting around, he started joking around with one of the officials.

I know every player probably has a different way of getting ready for a game, but it just struck me as odd. For a big game, I thought he was too "loosey goosey".

One would think him being back home in Arizona, he'd be more driven to have a fine showing.

spurtech09
12-16-2009, 03:50 PM
I know what will help the spurs----Duncan,Ian,parker,manu,hairston---starting line up

SenorSpur
12-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Just as the players are running out of excuses, so is Pop for not drastically shaking these up and trying some "unconventional" combinations - like playing some young players. They may make some mistakes of commission, but at least they will give consistent energy, effort and defense.

DaBears
12-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Just as the players are running out of excuses, so is Pop for not drastically shaking these up and trying some "unconventional" combinations - like playing some young players. They may make some mistakes of commission, but at least they will give consistent energy, effort and defense.

Agreed.... Point a fingure at coach and then players... Coachs have been fired for far less.... I mean excuses are running pretty thin changes need to be made...

NFGIII
12-16-2009, 04:17 PM
manu is not the problem right now, Parker is. He is the one who got the keys of the truck. The Spurs will live or die with TP ability to adjust his game to the newcomers.

Agreed.

Without him having a good game it is difficult for the Spurs to win. He is where everything starts. It seems that he is trying to get RJ and the others more involved but at his expense. I wonder if he can really concentrate on being a pass first PG in the beginning of the game and later go back to his old style.

To me, Parker's offensive struggles, ball-hogging and dumb-ass turnovers have had the most negative impact on team performance. While Duncan is still the hub, Parker is the PG, head of the snake, and chief playcaller. His play and decisions have direct impacts on newcomers like RJ. After that, I would say RJ's underwhelming integration, Manu looking merely ordinary and the complete erosion of team defense as next biggest factors.

:tu

Both TP and RJ haven't made the impact on this team that I thought they would have by. TP is either tried from the summer or with the nagging injuries or both. Frankly I can't figure out what's up with him right now. This isn't the TP we've seen in the past few seasons. And as for RJ I think he just doesn't seem to have gotten with the system so far. I think he needs to come off the bench and be the main focus on O rather than defer to TD.

And Manu is inconsistent. The last 3 games - not counting the Suns - he has been very good but last night he just didn't seem to have it.

Time to play with the lineups again. If they continue to play .500 ball with the status quo then what could it hurt to insert other players and see what happens.

TDMVPDPOY
12-16-2009, 04:23 PM
pop should call out them pathetic players or tell them go find another team

JustinJDW
12-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Coaching is the problem. It's Pop's job to get the team to click together. And I think we are doing fine. People just overexaggerate every loss. The suns are undefeated at home people. Just because we aren't the team to end their streak doesn't mean we need to "blow the team up".

We will get there. It's only December.

TDMVPDPOY
12-16-2009, 04:45 PM
maybe pop should hand in his resignation.......:D

narmerguy
12-16-2009, 04:56 PM

I knew someone would say it.

mingus
12-16-2009, 05:02 PM
one of the things that is really missing from Parker's game this year i've noticed is his jumpshot. dude showed last year and the year before that he worked on it and it was becoming a staple in his offense, but not anymore. he was DEADLY when it was shooting and making them because the defensive had to step up - and you know what that means for a guy like TP (even he looks on the slow side like he has this year). anyway, that has completely left his game. he's driving and forcing everything now. USE YOU'RE FUCKING JUMPER, TP. THAT'S WHY YOU SPEND SO MUCH TIME W/ CHIP, REMEMBER? MAY THE CHIP BE WITH YOU, PLEASE...

right now it's an underrated part of the problem with this team because teams are stepping back and waiting for him, causing him to turn the ball over and not set other people up.

i swear, this team has soooo much damn potential, as we've seen on some nights, but on others it's like they take step back to where they were a wekk before. this consistency of their progress or lack there of is the frustrating thing. i wouldn't be mad if this team just plain sucked and had no potential, but they've shown flashes fo brilliance.

SpursFTW
12-16-2009, 05:46 PM
one of the things that is really missing from parker's game this year i've noticed is his jumpshot. Dude showed last year and the year before that he worked on it and it was becoming a staple in his offense, but not anymore. He was deadly when it was shooting and making them because the defensive had to step up - and you know what that means for a guy like tp (even he looks on the slow side like he has this year). Anyway, that has completely left his game. He's driving and forcing everything now. Use you're fucking jumper, tp. That's why you spend so much time w/ chip, remember? May the chip be with you, please...

Right now it's an underrated part of the problem with this team because teams are stepping back and waiting for him, causing him to turn the ball over and not set other people up.

I swear, this team has soooo much damn potential, as we've seen on some nights, but on others it's like they take step back to where they were a wekk before. This consistency of their progress or lack there of is the frustrating thing. I wouldn't be mad if this team just plain sucked and had no potential, but they've shown flashes fo brilliance.

exactly!!!

ducks
12-16-2009, 06:05 PM
parker jump shot is off because he has no lift
not to hard to know

DPG21920
12-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Ducks is correct. When a player, especially a player like TP who does not have a great mechanical jump shot to begin with, gets injured and cannot get lift, their shot suffers.

Spursmania
12-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Any Spur fan can't help but think if only he had rested in the Summer.
Oh well...

z0sa
12-16-2009, 06:27 PM
Ducks is correct. When a player, especially a player like TP who does not have a great mechanical jump shot to begin with, gets injured and cannot get lift, their shot suffers.

It's a big reason why we haven't been seeing hardly any teardrops, as well. And Parker hasn't shot a 'pull up' fast break jumper since 2004.

HarlemHeat37
12-16-2009, 06:30 PM
If he can't get any lift, he shouldn't even be playing..if he's this bad right now, imagine what he's going to look like in the playoffs..he clearly needs a rest..

Johnny RIngo
12-16-2009, 06:53 PM
parker jump shot is off because he has no lift
not to hard to know

Parker's fault for playing over the summer. Seems like he prefers to get his ass kicked in international games rather than try to win another 'ship in SA.

Duncan2177
12-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Coaching is the problem. It's Pop's job to get the team to click together. And I think we are doing fine. People just overexaggerate every loss. The suns are undefeated at home people. Just because we aren't the team to end their streak doesn't mean we need to "blow the team up".

Here we go again with the it's only December crap, it's getting old.

Ice009
12-16-2009, 07:37 PM
BS, enough people have ragged on Manu as well. One cannot deny TP's play in France has hindered his ability to come into the season fresh and ready to play.

TP is young and he looks like an old man out there with his lack of energy and D. We know TP can play great but thus far he has been a dud when we really needed him as have Manu, RJ and many Spur players. But, it's not only TP or Manu's fault. The team is just not playing anywhere near their capabilities.

The team needed TP, Manu and RJ to step up last night. All 3 played below their capabilities.

You know what if Tony is fatigued from playing with France then it is even worse than Manu doing it because Manu never looked this bad ever when he came back from International play.

Tony is a lot younger than Manu and he can't handle it at all.

ploto
12-16-2009, 07:39 PM

Personally, I love Jose, but he may be the worst defensive PG in the NBA.

Ice009
12-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Giving up 67 pts in a half is nit typical SPurs basketball.

Our defense looked actually worse than the Suns', you can't go any lower than that.

It that's not a wake up call for Pop and his team, then there is no hope

The problem is Pop should have stuck with defense last season. It's been too long since defense was emphasized here. He wanted more offense last year and totally went away from what Spurs Basketball is and now they can't seem to regain any sort of defensive cohesion.

senorglory
12-16-2009, 07:46 PM
The problem is Pop should have stuck with defense last season. It's been too long since defense was emphasized here. He wanted more offense last year and totally went away from what Spurs Basketball is and now they can't seem to regain any sort of defensive cohesion.

Did Pop explicitly de-emphasize defense last year? No doubt the defense was less effective last year, but, did Pop actually shift Spurs strategy away from defense?

Ice009
12-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Except Tim Duncan and Blair the whole team including the coach has been pathetic !
Really I don't understand the need to point out somebody: Tp, RJ, Manu, Bonner, Dice, Hill (yes Hill has been pathetic too), Pop... there is no one to be saved after this game and after this beginning of the season. No One Is Innocent.

Yeah I agree.

All those players you listed were no good. When Goran Dragic outplays Hill then Hill really needs to get his ass in gear. I know Hill was mainly on Steve Nash, but he really isn't getting much better. I thought Hill was going to be more aggressive and drive to the rack this season. I thought the same thing about RJ and have been wrong on both accounts.

Indazone
12-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Personally, I love Jose, but he may be the worst defensive PG in the NBA.

No the worst defensive PG in the NBA would be Nash but you'd take him wouldn't you?

HarlemHeat37
12-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Nash takes charges, he's a much better team defender than Calderon..

Calderon is garbage, I would throw up if he was a starter on this team..

Ice009
12-16-2009, 08:28 PM

Point taken. Since you are in Toronto quite a bit I will take your word for it. I definitely wouldn't want him if his defense was that bad.

5in10
12-16-2009, 08:34 PM

+1 we don't need or want calderon

5in10
12-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Maybe parkers jumpshot is off because he spent the past two summers before this past one with chip working on his jumpshot where as this past summer he just played internationally.