Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words manu, RJ and parker.What will pop do about it??He is starting to boil.he's never used the word pathetic before.
    Last edited by SinBAD; 12-16-2009 at 01:16 AM.

kick rocks
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words manu, RJ and parker.What will pop do about it??He is starting to boil.he's ever used the word pathetic before.
    he's gonna suit up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu sucked, too. With no more Raja Bell, he should abuse the Suns at will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manu is nothing more than a spot up 3 pt shooter with the occasional flash. (see michael finley 2006) but better

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manu is nothing more than a spot up 3 pt shooter with the occasional flash. (see michael finley 2006) but better
    Considering it's a contract year for him he should be playing a lot better. Not surprised he isn't, though, considering all the injuries he's had the past two years.

On topic: I agree with Pop. Glad to see he's pissed off at the guys that aren't pulling their weight.
    Last edited by Johnny RIngo; 12-16-2009 at 01:44 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu had a bad shooting night... I thought that at least he was pissed off with his play, and at least played decent defense, handed 6 assists and grabbed 5 boards... We just can't have nights against good teams where none of Manu, Richard and Tony can't buy a bucket, because we don't have good enough defense to sustain that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He certainly settled for that last night, but I disagree that that's what he's become. He's been attacking the rim like a ing banshee lately, which REALLY puzzles me as to why he didn't against PHO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu had a bad shooting night... I thought that at least he was pissed off with his play, and at least played decent defense, handed 6 assists and grabbed 5 boards... We just can't have nights against good teams where none of Manu, Richard and Tony can't buy a bucket, because we don't have good enough defense to sustain that...
    Then that says it all, no le this year Like I was thinking we are not good enough on D to beat great teams.

We need scoring to win and that mostly, that will not win a le, ask PHX and any other high scoring team in the past.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu wasn't horrible tonight..

There's a difference between Manu and other non-Duncan Spurs when he's in shape and he has an off game..Manu didn't shoot well tonight, but he contributed in other ways..he was making plays for others, getting rebounds, playing decent D and showing the intangibles he brings..

I've been hard on him all season, but he's gotten it together these last few games..

when guys like Tony and RJ have poor games, they don't give the team ANYTHING else..they can't make plays for others without turning it over, they're both poor defenders, they both need the ball..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with u.Manu was ok.Parker is turning the ball over too much.Pop needs to rip him really.I have no idea what is wrong with RJ.He never sucked this bad.I think RJ needs to be on the second unit and manu needs to become a starter.RJ needs the ball and parker isnt giving it to him enough.Come on pop change the damn starting line up.it obviously sucks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There's a difference between Manu and other non-Duncan Spurs when he's in shape and he has an off game..Manu didn't shoot well tonight, but he contributed in other ways..he was making plays for others, getting rebounds, playing decent D and showing the intangibles he brings..

I've been hard on him all season, but he's gotten it together these last few games..

when guys like Tony and RJ have poor games, they don't give the team ANYTHING else..they can't make plays for others without turning it over, they're both poor defenders, they both need the ball..
    Exactly. Manu always used to do so much even in some of his 7 points games he still usually had a big influence.

RJ and Parker are kinda more towards the Matt Bonner school of not bringing anything else to the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't want to add much more about Manu because I don't want it taken as excuses. He did not shot the ball well tonight, and he didn't drive enough, IMO. That said, he handed at least 3 passes to Blair under the basket that somehow Dejuan missed or got fouled that could easily have bumped his assists even further. I thought he did a good job getting people involved when his shot wasn't falling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want to add much more about Manu because I don't want it taken as excuses. He did not shot the ball well tonight, and he didn't drive enough, IMO. That said, he handed at least 3 passes to Blair under the basket that somehow Dejuan missed or got fouled that could easily have bumped his assists even further. I thought he did a good job getting people involved when his shot wasn't falling.
    +1

He did some great passes and was his usual Manu self as far as getting into the other teams' heads and getting calls his way. Always gives me a great laugh when I see guys get so irratated they throw themselves into him like Nash did and immediately get whistled for a call. That one had me rolling out of my seat.

And I don't think Blair was 100% tonight after that nasty fall he took. If he hits a couple more put backs at the right times this could easily been a win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea what is wrong with RJ.He never sucked this bad.I think RJ needs to be on the second unit and manu needs to become a starter.RJ needs the ball and parker isnt giving it to him enough.Come on pop change the damn starting line up.it obviously sucks
    Mainly b/c he's a full-court player playing in a half-court system w/ a scoring PG. This is a huge transition for him.

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    he's gonna suit up
    Screw the regular season. Phil versus Pop 1v1 for the WCF le.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Screw the regular season. Phil versus Pop 1v1 for the WCF le.
    The spurs wont get to the WCF with this mentality.Parker and RJ need to step up.Man I wish we had a game against the lakers this month so Pop would see how bad we suck.We play the lakers next month and if pop doesnt find a solution they'll dominate us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First call-out of the year.

This might be a warning to the team that they'd better find some consistency or someone is on the move.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Popovich signaling a major lineup shift.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First call-out of the year.

This might be a warning to the team that they'd better find some consistency or someone is on the move.
    I hope so.But they'll never trade parker or RJ.this is our team for the year and on paper its a team capable of beating anyone but in real life its not the case.Age isnt a factor.Look at nash (35) run circles around parker and hill.
    grant hill (37) playing like a beast this year. where is that fountain of youth for parker and manu to drink from??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hope he pulls a trade instead of another roster rotation

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect RJ to be out of the starting line up tomorrow and manu to replace him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hope he pulls a trade instead of another roster rotation
    team doesnt need a trade.they just need a beating by Pop.Sjax would've been way better than RJ.that guy is fearless.RJ is a chicken.just doesnt try hard enough.If his shots dont fall he doesnt attack the rim doesnt do .He once lead the NBA in FTA.What the happened to him???Attack the damn rim man.Stop being a pussy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Dejuan Blair's all out hustle and diving for every ing ball has got Pop to realize how much effort a lot of the new guys are not giving out there.

team doesnt need a trade.they just need a beating by Pop.Sjax would've been way better than RJ.that guy is fearless.RJ is a chicken.just doesnt try hard enough.If his shots dont fall he doesnt attack the rim doesnt do .He once lead the NBA in FTA.What the happened to him???Attack the damn rim man.Stop being a pussy.
    Well this is what I said about SJax while he was still in Goldenstate and asking to come to Spurs, but most people in here blew it off.

LOL how was SJax not worth 7 million a year and RJ is worth 14?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you make this trade with the Raptors - Bosh, Bargnani and Calderon for Parker, RJ and Bonner???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say mase

Pop's silence when asked if rj was one of the guys he's talking about...spoke loud and clear

Thread Information