PDA

View Full Version : Hill over Parker

Josepatches_
12-19-2009, 11:12 PM
Right now Hill deserves to be the starting PG.I don't know where is parker but he's not the boy with the jersey nš9.

It would be great for Hill to gain more & more confidence and it would be good for Parker if he plays only 20-25 minutes per game.Parker needs to rest a lot of minutes.He's playing worse every game.Tonight he even missed 5 FT's when he was shooting very well from the line this year.Maybe he needs to be out 2 or 3 weeks but we need him because we aren't the Lakers and every game is tough for us.

ducks
12-19-2009, 11:13 PM
tp has been averaging almost 30 minutes a game

itzsoweezee
12-19-2009, 11:14 PM
tp has been averaging almost 30 minutes a game

that's about 15 minutes too much.

Spurs Brazil
12-19-2009, 11:14 PM
For me TP needs 2 good weeks of rests. Sit him and bring him only in January

It's clear he can't play now, he has no lift and looks dead tired

We need the real Tony to get any chance this season

And big props to Hill, he was huge in the 4th quarter tonight

ducks
12-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Right now Hill deserves to be the starting PG.I don't know where is parker but he's not the boy with the jersey nš9.

It would be great for Hill to gain more & more confidence and it would be good for Parker if he plays only 20-25 minutes per game.Parker needs to rest a lot of minutes.He's playing worse every game.Tonight he even missed 5 FT's when he was shooting very well from the line this year.Maybe he needs to be out 2 or 3 weeks but we need him because we aren't the Lakers and every game is tough for us.

spurs miss 15 free throws

you can look at the game and say wow 12 free throws
it has been awhile since tp shot 12 in a game and be glad he was feeling well enough to attack

dbestpro
12-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Hell, you could even say Mason would be better than Parker.

Spursfan 87
12-19-2009, 11:16 PM
parker should rest some games, he's hurt

Ice009
12-19-2009, 11:24 PM
For me TP needs 2 good weeks of rests. Sit him and bring him only in January

It's clear he can't play now, he has no lift and looks dead tired

We need the real Tony to get any chance this season

And big props to Hill, he was huge in the 4th quarter tonight

Do you watch TP during the game? He looks completely disinterested in what is going on out there. If you watch him on the bench he looks out it. That looks more than just tired to me. He simply looks like he just doesn't give a fuck. He doesn't look frustrated like if he was injured or tired or anything like that he simply looks like he doesn't care about the Spurs at all.

Chomag
12-19-2009, 11:26 PM
TP needs to sit for a few. Maybe so he can refresh his brain, get healed, whatever. The guy has lost his mojo plain and simple

Spurs Brazil
12-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Do you watch TP during the game? He looks completely disinterested in what is going on out there. If you watch him on the bench he looks out it. That looks more than just tired to me. He simply looks like he just doesn't give a fuck. He doesn't look frustrated like if he was injured or tired or anything like that he simply looks like he doesn't care about the Spurs at all.

He always has that 'disinterested' look on the bench, since he arrived

I think he needs a break to regain some condition and comeback strong

Ice009
12-19-2009, 11:30 PM
He always has that 'disinterested' look on the bench, since he arrived

I think he needs a break to regain some condition and comeback strong

Yeah OK, I will give you that, but I will say he looks more disinterested than usual. He doesn't cheer or get enthusiastic at all when a teammate makes a great play.

peskypesky
12-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Yeah OK, I will give you that, but I will say he looks more disinterested than usual. He doesn't cheer or get enthusiastic at all when a teammate makes a great play.

i agree. my gut feeling is that Tony is wanting to be somewhere else. Maybe LA?

because I'm not a believer in shoot-first PGs, i think the Spurs need to seriously consider trading him for either a true PG or a real Center.

SpursRulez4eVeR
12-19-2009, 11:52 PM
TP is a better shooter when his feet are set, last few shots that he bricked was when he was still in motions, i am sure he knows that but still didn't keep him from shooting tho. can't he just penetrate and kick out for once when hes not making the shoots ??? jeee

HarlemHeat37
12-20-2009, 12:38 AM
It's obvious that he doesn't have it right now..TBH, the only thing that is keeping us from being on the same level as teams like Denver and Dallas right now is Tony's play..everything else was supposed to come later, but nobody expected Tony to be playing like this..

it's tough to look like a top team when a guy that was supposed to be our #1 scorer looks like an average player right now..

He should absolutely get a few weeks of rest, it's the only solution for Parker and for the team IMO..there's a soft schedule coming up, he can afford to miss a few games, it's not like he's helping the team right now anyways..

JustinJDW
12-20-2009, 12:43 AM
Why do people keep saying Parker is hurt or he needs rest or something? What makes people say that? Is he slightly injured or something? Link?

TDMVPDPOY
12-20-2009, 12:46 AM
i agree. my gut feeling is that Tony is wanting to be somewhere else. Maybe LA?

because I'm not a believer in shoot-first PGs, i think the Spurs need to seriously consider trading him for either a true PG or a real Center.

tp for bynum...do it

HarlemHeat37
12-20-2009, 12:48 AM
Why do people keep saying Parker is hurt or he needs rest or something? What makes people say that? Is he slightly injured or something? Link?

He admitted he isn't a 100% a few weeks ago, and it's obvious by watching him..he got injured in the Summer and didn't get a good rest after having to carry this team for months with all the injuries last season..

hater
12-20-2009, 12:49 AM
Parker will be fine you stupid fucks.

this is the dumbest thread since Tony Montana over Manu Ginobili thread

Creation88
12-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Tony

parker

you

sssssssssssssssssssssssuck right now

silverblackfan
12-20-2009, 01:20 AM
I love Tony, but he does look gassed or injured right now. Hesitant and short on his shots. If there was a way to rest him for a week, it would be nice.

Wildcat67
12-20-2009, 01:37 AM
I think it has something to do with him being unsure if he should pass or shoot while he's driving to the basket. He just seems hesitant on whether to shoot or pass. When he's on a fast break he's fine.

Texas_Ranger
12-20-2009, 02:25 AM
If he will play like this till the all star break, Spurs should trade him... Right now he really sucks!! Fucking Beno is playing better than him. :(

12-20-2009, 02:36 AM
parker for jarrett jack and dirk jr.

lennyalderette
12-20-2009, 03:15 AM
i was at the game tonight and was cringing when he had the ball, he wasnt even thinking about driving, he was throwing up alot of bricks too, why doesnt pop jus understand the guy is tired? and i agree start hill and when tony is ready hell come back hard for us.

The Truth #6
12-20-2009, 03:47 AM
I'm no longer buying the theory that his poor play is based on transitioning into a new role as a distributor. He used to be a layup machine that would embarrass people trying to guard him. Now he gets stripped every other time he goes into the lane. He's been this way all season and has made distributing only an occasional focus. His mind and focus seem somewhere else entirely.

Hopefully rest helps but I don't see him wanting to relinquish his starting job to Hill any time soon.

draft87
12-20-2009, 04:56 AM
Parker will be fine you stupid fucks.

this is the dumbest thread since Tony Montana over Manu Ginobili thread

hahahahaha
Yes, this really is a stupid thread. Stupid topic and really stupid responses.

There is one word that everybody should understand, "Slump"

Tony's in a slump right now. It happens to everyone in some capacity. There's no need to freak out and shit your pants because Tony Parker isn't dropping 27/8/8/4/4/0/0(turnovers)...not all All-Stars are created equal. These nutcases are spoiled by Tim Duncan's consistency.

There's a reason players, coaches, analysts, teammates, fans, etc praise Tim Duncan for his consistent production year after year---it's not easy to do. ...and even Timmy has his off nights, off weeks, etc. Players get into 'funks' every once in a while and perform poorly for a few games and unfortunately sometimes a few weeks. IT HAPPENS. GET OVER IT. Tony will get it over and so should you. Maybe TP is having some domestic issues that are preoccupying his thoughts?

It sucks that he's not AMAZING right now but he DID JUST POST THIS LINE:

15pts, 2rb, 4ast, 1stl, 1blk, 1pf, 1TO

talk about being spoiled...that's a good stat sheet and people here are whining like little babies.

and what are these whine-rs gonna do when Tony gets back to Finals MVP shape? Are they gonna post all over the board, "Tony is amazing right now"

"The Official Tony Parker is good when he scores more points than when he's not good thread"

"The Official If Tony Parker Scores Forty Points Then There's a Pretty Good Chance That Spurs Will Win the Game Do You Think They Can Beat The Lakers If He Averages 45 Each Game? Thread"

Please keep the Parker drivel in check. PLEASE.

picnroll
12-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Let Parker rest up so he's ready to play for France.

ducks
12-20-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm no longer buying the theory that his poor play is based on transitioning into a new role as a distributor. He used to be a layup machine that would embarrass people trying to guard him. Now he gets stripped every other time he goes into the lane. He's been this way all season and has made distributing only an occasional focus. His mind and focus seem somewhere else entirely.

Hopefully rest helps but I don't see him wanting to relinquish his starting job to Hill any time soon.

tonight one turnover and 12 free throws he was attacking

Chieflion
12-20-2009, 09:47 AM
tonight one turnover and 12 free throws he was attacking
4 of 17 from the field. LOL ducks.

ducks
12-20-2009, 09:48 AM
atleast he was attacking and got 12 free throws
he has not got that many in a long time

Creation88
12-20-2009, 09:50 AM
tony parker isn't allowed to be "tired" or "gassed" he's twenty fucking 7 years old.

Naelven
12-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Yes please trade Parker and get lost...

Once he will be traded I will switch to another team supporting him as I always did the last 10 years.

Ppl here are spoiled, they can't even remember that the team was nothing without him last few years when Manu and Tim were hurt.

So please trade him now !! If he goes to the Lakers it will be tremendous, he will be one of the few in the nba to be able to win 4 titles even more.

And it will be funny seeing him with a Lakers jersey score 30 points against his old team.

But of course Hill will be your starting PG at that time and you will all be happy of course !

vander
12-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Let Parker rest up so he's ready to play for France.

:lol yeah, gotta know what's important and what's not in life.

send Parker a message, bring him off the bench and limit his minutes until he starts playing

Bukefal
12-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Again such threads. Hill deserves shit. We need TP as a starter. Dont be a fool. Hill is good from the bench.

Tony Parker is fine, he is a great player, and hill definitely cannot replace Parker.

Parker needs to get back 100%, he said he is near to being at 100. Im confident

draft87
12-20-2009, 03:45 PM

Once he will be traded I will switch to another team supporting him as I always did the last 10 years.

Ppl here are spoiled, they can't even remember that the team was nothing without him last few years when Manu and Tim were hurt.

So please trade him now !! If he goes to the Lakers it will be tremendous, he will be one of the few in the nba to be able to win 4 titles even more.

And it will be funny seeing him with a Lakers jersey score 30 points against his old team.

But of course Hill will be your starting PG at that time and you will all be happy of course !

say what?

temujin
12-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Parker's offense is bad.

His defense, however, is non existant.

Spurs are playing 4 on 5, when he is on the floor.

Just bench him for good.

DPG21920
12-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Spurs fans seem to be struggling with the "long-term success" vs "short-term success" concept. TP is not playing very well, but there are definite reasons why. Hill in comparison is playing better. But Hill over TP is not a long-term winning strategy.

It is not as if TP and Hill are both playing their best and Hill is just flat out better. Sure, I think TP should rest a little while, but people need to stop ripping on TP when he is out there battling. He has to get healthy and comfortable and then this team will have a chance to be at their max, whatever level that may be.

Chomag
12-20-2009, 04:52 PM

Glad to know your a player fan and not a Spurs fan. Self ownage is allways priceless to see.:toast

I'm not one of those that are saying to get rid of Parker. However something is wrong with the dude right now be it physical or mental. He should be set out for a few so he can get either get refreshed, or healed, or both and start over.

romain.star
12-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Parker has owned the right to be supported when playing bad. The spurs historical players deserve better fans

picnroll
12-20-2009, 05:47 PM

Parker for Gasol.