Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now Hill deserves to be the starting PG.I don't know where is parker but he's not the boy with the jersey nș9.

It would be great for Hill to gain more & more confidence and it would be good for Parker if he plays only 20-25 minutes per game.Parker needs to rest a lot of minutes.He's playing worse every game.Tonight he even missed 5 FT's when he was shooting very well from the line this year.Maybe he needs to be out 2 or 3 weeks but we need him because we aren't the Lakers and every game is tough for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tp has been averaging almost 30 minutes a game

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tp has been averaging almost 30 minutes a game
    that's about 15 minutes too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me TP needs 2 good weeks of rests. Sit him and bring him only in January

It's clear he can't play now, he has no lift and looks dead tired

We need the real Tony to get any chance this season

And big props to Hill, he was huge in the 4th quarter tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now Hill deserves to be the starting PG.I don't know where is parker but he's not the boy with the jersey nș9.

It would be great for Hill to gain more & more confidence and it would be good for Parker if he plays only 20-25 minutes per game.Parker needs to rest a lot of minutes.He's playing worse every game.Tonight he even missed 5 FT's when he was shooting very well from the line this year.Maybe he needs to be out 2 or 3 weeks but we need him because we aren't the Lakers and every game is tough for us.
    spurs miss 15 free throws

you can look at the game and say wow 12 free throws
    it has been awhile since tp shot 12 in a game and be glad he was feeling well enough to attack

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , you could even say Mason would be better than Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    parker should rest some games, he's hurt

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me TP needs 2 good weeks of rests. Sit him and bring him only in January

It's clear he can't play now, he has no lift and looks dead tired

We need the real Tony to get any chance this season

And big props to Hill, he was huge in the 4th quarter tonight
    Do you watch TP during the game? He looks completely disinterested in what is going on out there. If you watch him on the bench he looks out it. That looks more than just tired to me. He simply looks like he just doesn't give a . He doesn't look frustrated like if he was injured or tired or anything like that he simply looks like he doesn't care about the Spurs at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP needs to sit for a few. Maybe so he can refresh his brain, get healed, whatever. The guy has lost his mojo plain and simple

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you watch TP during the game? He looks completely disinterested in what is going on out there. If you watch him on the bench he looks out it. That looks more than just tired to me. He simply looks like he just doesn't give a . He doesn't look frustrated like if he was injured or tired or anything like that he simply looks like he doesn't care about the Spurs at all.
    He always has that 'disinterested' look on the bench, since he arrived

I think he needs a break to regain some condition and comeback strong

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He always has that 'disinterested' look on the bench, since he arrived

I think he needs a break to regain some condition and comeback strong
    Yeah OK, I will give you that, but I will say he looks more disinterested than usual. He doesn't cheer or get enthusiastic at all when a teammate makes a great play.

Thank you, Tim Duncan! peskypesky's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah OK, I will give you that, but I will say he looks more disinterested than usual. He doesn't cheer or get enthusiastic at all when a teammate makes a great play.
    i agree. my gut feeling is that Tony is wanting to be somewhere else. Maybe LA?

because I'm not a believer in shoot-first PGs, i think the Spurs need to seriously consider trading him for either a true PG or a real Center.

Welcome to the present.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP is a better shooter when his feet are set, last few shots that he bricked was when he was still in motions, i am sure he knows that but still didn't keep him from shooting tho. can't he just penetrate and kick out for once when hes not making the shoots ??? jeee

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's obvious that he doesn't have it right now..TBH, the only thing that is keeping us from being on the same level as teams like Denver and Dallas right now is Tony's play..everything else was supposed to come later, but nobody expected Tony to be playing like this..

it's tough to look like a top team when a guy that was supposed to be our #1 scorer looks like an average player right now..

He should absolutely get a few weeks of rest, it's the only solution for Parker and for the team IMO..there's a soft schedule coming up, he can afford to miss a few games, it's not like he's helping the team right now anyways..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people keep saying Parker is hurt or he needs rest or something? What makes people say that? Is he slightly injured or something? Link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree. my gut feeling is that Tony is wanting to be somewhere else. Maybe LA?

because I'm not a believer in shoot-first PGs, i think the Spurs need to seriously consider trading him for either a true PG or a real Center.
    tp for bynum...do it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people keep saying Parker is hurt or he needs rest or something? What makes people say that? Is he slightly injured or something? Link?
    He admitted he isn't a 100% a few weeks ago, and it's obvious by watching him..he got injured in the Summer and didn't get a good rest after having to carry this team for months with all the injuries last season..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker will be fine you stupid s.

this is the dumbest thread since Tony Montana over Manu Ginobili thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony

parker

you

sssssssssssssssssssssssuck right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Tony, but he does look gassed or injured right now. Hesitant and short on his shots. If there was a way to rest him for a week, it would be nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it has something to do with him being unsure if he should pass or shoot while he's driving to the basket. He just seems hesitant on whether to shoot or pass. When he's on a fast break he's fine.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he will play like this till the all star break, Spurs should trade him... Right now he really sucks!! ing Beno is playing better than him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    parker for jarrett jack and dirk jr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i was at the game tonight and was cringing when he had the ball, he wasnt even thinking about driving, he was throwing up alot of bricks too, why doesnt pop jus understand the guy is tired? and i agree start hill and when tony is ready come back hard for us.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm no longer buying the theory that his poor play is based on transitioning into a new role as a distributor. He used to be a layup machine that would embarrass people trying to guard him. Now he gets stripped every other time he goes into the lane. He's been this way all season and has made distributing only an occasional focus. His mind and focus seem somewhere else entirely.

Hopefully rest helps but I don't see him wanting to relinquish his starting job to Hill any time soon.

Thread Information