PDA

View Full Version : Game Blog: Spurs vs. Lakers - Jan. 12

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Quiet Strength
01-12-2010, 10:58 PM
A win is much better than a loss.. every team has to deal with injuries so who cares who played and who didn't. All that matters is the win.

iminol
01-12-2010, 10:59 PM
i have never been so happy for losing my vbookie bet lol

me too, lol.
good night from poland, it's 5:00 a.m.

Texas National Bank did it again.

mosdef17
By the way, George FREAKING Hill, man crush big time...

ducks
Big 3 looking really good.

yes
tp was great second half

Dex
Teams weren't posting asterisks when we were sans-Manu.

FTL.

01-12-2010, 11:00 PM
spurs fans need to stop expecting a single dramatic turnaround. it's going to be a long and tough grind back up the mountain. spurs played well and then sputtered at times but regained composure. there are enough good things that happened today to warrant celebration. especially getting the win.

timtonymanu
Timmy played fantastic! Dont care that Bynum was owning him.
Manu was clutch in the 4th!
George Hill showed the Hill he was suppose to be this year.
Great stat of the game - Lakers 85 points.

However, a win against the Thunder tomorrow will make me proud. At least the record against winning teams is now 4-11.

peskypesky
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

i can't believe i missed this game!!! fuck my life!

ducks
01-12-2010, 11:01 PM
I might stop watching this team. I am shocked and amazed.

Gutless pigs we have on this team.

TP, RJ, McDyess and fucking gutless bitches in crunch time situations. Lowest BBall IQ out there on the team.

do not let the door hit you on the way out

raspsa
01-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Bynum really in debt to Kareem for all the mentoring he got.. he palyed great tonight, nothing fancy but solid fundamentally starting with the footwork. I was really surprised though that Bynum terminated Kareem's services. I'm sure there are still many aspects to the game that he could have learned.. Kareem was disappointed by the decision.

galvatron3000
01-12-2010, 11:04 PM
fucking people here think too much ... a win is a win fucking take the win and go to sleep.... hard to please these crowd here ....

DONT THINK TOO MUCH WE WON PERIOD

kori wer u at? hows about tomorows game?

:lmao:lmao@people mad cause some actually use their mind and think for themselves critically. That they find it detestable is :(

Yogurt210
01-12-2010, 11:04 PM
As long as we can follow up this win with a win over the thunder, it will solidify things even better. Consistency is the key.

bigfan
01-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Ill take the win but Tim had to play 40 minutes???? Not good.

raspsa
01-12-2010, 11:12 PM
The Spurs showed resilience under pressure and good communication and cohesiveness. They seemed to be more aware of their teammates positions on the court and had some great extra passes. Some sloppy turnovers but not as bad as earlier in the season. The bench was terrific. George Hill was simply outstanding.

Lakers may have been at a disadvantage with injuries but the Spurs still had to execute which they did. Another positive step in the right direction. Definitely better than a Loss.

Libri
01-12-2010, 11:13 PM
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

i can't believe i missed this game!!! fuck my life!

I missed it too. The good thing that I recorded it. hehe

Ice009
01-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Should we be happy with this win? I can't tell.

Nope, but this is better like previous seasons where we could still be mad with our play after a win.

Spurs showing too much mental weakness and I don't know about guys like Jefferson and McDyess. Parker is looking a little shaky in crunch time with bad decisions and turn overs.

Hill, like I said earlier seems to always show up with lots of toughness against the best teams. He might not be the best player on the team, but in tough spots he plays tough.

RJ is the sloppiest of them all though. He does some really silly stuff like driving and the throwing an idiot pass to no one and then again not exploiting match-up advantages by taking a smaller defender to the rack but instead bailing him out with a jumper.

Whisky Dog
01-12-2010, 11:16 PM
Once your back goes your game goes. Ask DRob. This may be the beginning of the end for Kobe, and Gasol might not be right all season due to overwork and nagging injuries. The west might be wide open.

The Truth #6
01-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Dice played better than I thought. As did Hill and Bogans.

If this win helps the team get on a roll then that's all that matters. We all know regular season doesn't really matter except for standings, so let's just be happy with the win for the standings and move on. If we face the Lakers in the playoffs this game won't be indicative of anything, but we already should know that.

The next question is: does Pop sit some of our older key players tomorrow night? We're ripe for a letdown tomorrow. Blair hardly played so he should be ready. And who knows, maybe Ian will get some minutes...

Libri
01-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Apart from the win, did anything spectacular happen (highlight dunk, block, etc...)?

Kent_in_Atlanta
01-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Ill take the win but Tim had to play 40 minutes???? Not good.

Well, hey... Manu only played 25 minutes, so it balances.

duncan228
01-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Duncan, Parker lead Spurs over Lakers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2010011224)
By Paul J. Weber

Tim Duncan had 25 points and 13 rebounds, and the San Antonio Spurs showed they can still hang with their Western Conference rivals in a 105-85 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday night.

Tony Parker scored 22 as the Spurs got their biggest victory this season. The Lakers are just the fourth winning team San Antonio has beaten, but none the caliber of the defending NBA champions.

Kobe Bryant had another off game, scoring 16 points. He again wore a thick splint over his broken right index finger.

The Spurs and Lakers dominated the last decade, winning seven titles between them. The Lakers whittled a 22-point deficit to six late in the first meeting of this decade, but it was a rout by the end.

Bryant, who scored just 12 on 4-of-21 shooting in a win over Milwaukee on Sunday, had another slow night. He took a season-low 10 shots from the field, hitting seven of them.

Bryant has said that keeping his finger covered gives it more strength and protection, but he admits it affects his touch.

Andrew Bynum scored 23 points and Ron Artest had 13 for the Lakers. Los Angeles has lost three of four—its worst slump yet by the standards of the NBA’s best team.

Few teams, meanwhile, have been hotter over the last month than San Antonio.

The Spurs are 14-4 since Dec. 9, trailing only Cleveland (15-4) for the best record over that stretch. None of those wins were as satisfying—or as much a relief—as this one.

The Spurs (23-13) have built their winning record on the backs of weak competition, going 19-2 against teams with losing records. But they’ve wilted consistently against winning teams, including a loss Friday against Dallas.

But the Spurs had been looking forward to this litmus test. They spent lavishly last summer for the unsaid purpose of keeping up with the Lakers, and here was a chance to show if they got their money’s worth.

Instead, their older investments led this win.

Duncan was 12 of 19 from the field while Parker shot 10 of 18. Parker scored nine points in the fourth quarter.

Richard Jefferson, added this summer to add more offensive punch, scored 12. George Hill had 13.

This wasn’t the same Lakers team the Spurs are likely see again later. Besides Bryant’s hurt hand, Pau Gasol has missed the last five games with a strained left hamstring. Lakers coach Phil Jackson said Gasol has his sights on returning Friday against the Clippers.

Notes: F Luke Walton (pinched nerve, back) made his first appearance in nearly eight weeks, scoring four points and grabbing a rebound in six minutes. … With the loss, the Lakers were denied their first crack at becoming the only NBA franchise with 3,000 victories. They’ll try again Wednesday at Dallas.

mystargtr34
01-12-2010, 11:28 PM
I will be watching the replay on League Pass as i was working... good to see we won. But why does everyone sound almost apologetic and disappointed :lol? Did the team play badly or something.

Kent_in_Atlanta
Dont care that Bynum was owning him.

How did Duncan get "owned" with 24 points, 13 boards, 4 blocks and 4 assists????

TampaDude
Spurs won.

Lakers lost.

All in all, a good night.

On to Oklahoma City!!!

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

silverblackfan
01-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Manu is back, Hill was awesome, RMJ was money, Tony took it to them, and Timmmaaaay! Great game. I will be rewatching this game for a while, as it was a game where the team played with great energy and teased us with their potential.
Shame about Kobe's back, but that is why you have a bench. Its a long season and if you ride your main horses exclusively, you risk the injury bug biting you in the ass.
Nice game and one to build on for the team.
Take it to the Thunder tomorrow night and we have a good start of this tough road trip.

Manudona
01-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Duncan, Parker lead Spurs over Lakers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2010011224)
By Paul J. Weber

Tim Duncan had 25 points and 13 rebounds, and the San Antonio Spurs showed they can still hang with their Western Conference rivals in a 105-85 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday night.

Tony Parker scored 22 as the Spurs got their biggest victory this season. The Lakers are just the fourth winning team San Antonio has beaten, but none the caliber of the defending NBA champions.

Kobe Bryant had another off game, scoring 16 points. He again wore a thick splint over his broken right index finger.

The Spurs and Lakers dominated the last decade, winning seven titles between them. The Lakers whittled a 22-point deficit to six late in the first meeting of this decade, but it was a rout by the end.

Bryant, who scored just 12 on 4-of-21 shooting in a win over Milwaukee on Sunday, had another slow night. He took a season-low 10 shots from the field, hitting seven of them.

Bryant has said that keeping his finger covered gives it more strength and protection, but he admits it affects his touch.

Andrew Bynum scored 23 points and Ron Artest had 13 for the Lakers. Los Angeles has lost three of four—its worst slump yet by the standards of the NBA’s best team.

The Spurs are 14-4 since Dec. 9, trailing only Cleveland (15-4) for the best record over that stretch. None of those wins were as satisfying—or as much a relief—as this one.

The Spurs (23-13) have built their winning record on the backs of weak competition, going 19-2 against teams with losing records. But they’ve wilted consistently against winning teams, including a loss Friday against Dallas.

But the Spurs had been looking forward to this litmus test. They spent lavishly last summer for the unsaid purpose of keeping up with the Lakers, and here was a chance to show if they got their money’s worth.

Duncan was 12 of 19 from the field while Parker shot 10 of 18. Parker scored nine points in the fourth quarter.

Richard Jefferson, added this summer to add more offensive punch, scored 12. George Hill had 13.

This wasn’t the same Lakers team the Spurs are likely see again later. Besides Bryant’s hurt hand, Pau Gasol has missed the last five games with a strained left hamstring. Lakers coach Phil Jackson said Gasol has his sights on returning Friday against the Clippers.

Notes: F Luke Walton (pinched nerve, back) made his first appearance in nearly eight weeks, scoring four points and grabbing a rebound in six minutes. … With the loss, the Lakers were denied their first crack at becoming the only NBA franchise with 3,000 victories. They’ll try again Wednesday at Dallas.

No mention of Bryant leaving the game early with back problems?

FvckMavs
01-12-2010, 11:37 PM
I will be watching the replay on League Pass as i was working... good to see we won. But why does everyone sound almost apologetic and disappointed :lol? Did the team play badly or something.

It will not be replayed on LP because it is on NBATV toniight.

LakerHater
01-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Why would want them to?? & who cares?

jmanu20
01-12-2010, 11:42 PM
How did Duncan get "owned" with 24 points, 13 boards, 4 blocks and 4 assists????

Agreed. Duncan has been playing outstanding lately.

jmanu20
01-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Manu is back, Hill was awesome, RMJ was money, Tony took it to them, and Timmmaaaay! Great game. I will be rewatching this game for a while, as it was a game where the team played with great energy and teased us with their potential.
Shame about Kobe's back, but that is why you have a bench. Its a long season and if you ride your main horses exclusively, you risk the injury bug biting you in the ass.
Nice game and one to build on for the team.
Take it to the Thunder tomorrow night and we have a good start of this tough road trip.

LOL, you're being kind. Manu by himself is better than the entire LA bench, not to mention 42-20 in favor of our bench is further proof that LA's lack of a bench is getting exposed.

silverblackfan
01-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Hopefully the Lakers will panic a bit about their bench and make a trade. Screw with the chemistry some more. And did we see a glimpse of crazy Ron-Ron tonight? I think Hill and Ginobli bring it out of him. :rolling

iggypop123
01-12-2010, 11:51 PM

AP report. its just a recap

FilSpursFan
01-12-2010, 11:53 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=media%2Fgettyphoto%2FGYI0059265268.jpg&w=451&h=589:downspin::downspin:

raspsa
01-12-2010, 11:58 PM
I really enjoyed the plays with GHill tangling with Artest and coming away with a couple of rebounds. GH was like a chihuahua going up against a pitbull and stealing his bone..LOL

mystargtr34
01-13-2010, 12:04 AM
It will not be replayed on LP because it is on NBATV toniight.

International LP even? Wow.. that is a killer

spurs10
01-13-2010, 12:08 AM
It's a win. A win against the Lakers. Stop being a bunch of spoiled asses and enjoy it.
Exactly...there was a lot to be happy about with tonight's win. Manu with the assist of the year, Hill was great, Tim, Tony, the whole team played with fire.
This should be a momentum builder. Let's go in OKC!!

Manudona
01-13-2010, 12:27 AM
AP report. its just a recap

But how come they can comment that he had a "slow" match and scored "only" 16 points, omitting what most likely was the cause (playing limited minutes and leaving the game with back problems)

duncan228
01-13-2010, 12:34 AM
But how come they can comment that he had a "slow" match and scored "only" 16 points, omitting what most likely was the cause (playing limited minutes and leaving the game with back problems)

Here's the updated piece. It's mentioned here.

Duncan, Parker lead Spurs over Lakers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2010011224&prov=ap)
By Paul J. Weber

Kobe Bryant had another off game, scoring 16 points. He again wore a thick splint over his broken right index finger, and did not play in the fourth quarter because of back spasms. Lakers coach Phil Jackson said Bryant was probable for Wednesday’s game in Dallas.

Jason R
01-13-2010, 12:54 AM
Tim Duncan stands in the pantheon of basketball immortals. There have been rare times when players have approached the game with such excellence as Tim Duncan, and to do it so consistently, so deep into his career is a rare treat and a treasure. Kudos to Timmortal Doomsday.

007nites
01-13-2010, 01:04 AM
We're in trouble tommorrow

I don't think TD will play

Hopefully he doesn't play. Rather then playing 20 mins and messing up his scoring/rebounding averages.

Bukefal
01-13-2010, 05:08 AM
Sweet, sweet win.

silverblackfan
01-13-2010, 07:56 AM
Tim Duncan stands in the pantheon of basketball immortals. There have been rare times when players have approached the game with such excellence as Tim Duncan, and to do it so consistently, so deep into his career is a rare treat and a treasure. Kudos to Timmortal Doomsday.

Timmortal. I like it. It really is a shame that he is over the hill and on the downside. Imagine what Tim could bring us if he wasn't all washed up? </sarcasm>
Oh, and those double teams that Tim has not been seeing as much this year? Wonder if that is going to change in the play offs?
I love this team.