PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC special linking McVeigh to Anti-Govt extremists

DarrinS
04-12-2010, 10:14 AM
What could go wrong?

"15 years later, can McVeigh's words help us understand today's anti-government extremists?"

zBDqjDL9P5M

Will be kosted by Wesley Crusher

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/rachel-maddow1.jpg

ChumpDumper
04-12-2010, 10:44 AM
What could go wrong?Tell us what could go wrong, Darrin.

Winehole23
04-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Every government lives in fear of its own citizens. The fear waxes and wanes, as the tides of public opinion and economic ups and downs crest and wash over the political landscape. In good times, the fear is somewhat subtle: discontent, albeit ever-present, is masked by prosperity and contained; in bad times, the fear overflows into the everyday life of the citizenry, which is viewed with the utmost suspicion by the ruling elite. In Washington, they’re wondering: how long will they put up with it?
Today, the answer to that question is: not much longer – and the fear is manifest in the latest campaign against "extremism," which is being touted by the "mainstream" media (http://www.google.com/news/search?aq=f&pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=right-wing%2Bextremism), the authorities (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/14/homeland-security-report_n_186834.html), and the professional "extremist"-hunters (http://www.splcenter.org/) who work in tandem with both. To give you the flavor of the witch-hunting atmosphere being whipped up by the media-FBI complex, get a load of Rachel Maddow (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#36143662), the "liberal" MSNBC commentator, last Thursday night (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36148068/ns/msnbc_tv-rachel_maddow_show/). After running a videotaped interview with anti-abortion militant Scott Roeder – recently sentenced to life in prison (http://money.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978145580&grpId=3659174697244816) for the murder of an abortion doctor – in which Roeder expressed support for the "sovereignist" doctrine that the federal government has no right to institute drivers’ licenses, she averred:

"So, yes, so you can see Roeder as an anti-abortion extremist. You can also identify anti-abortion extremism as one branch of the broader movement of violent, militant, anti-government extremism in this country. We associate that movement with the early and mid-’90s, which is when that tape of Scott Roeder that you just saw was filmed. But just in the last 18 months since President Obama took office, a white supremacist shot and killed a security guard in an attack on the Holocaust Museum in Washington. An anti-tax extremist flew a plane into a building in Texas that housed an IRS office. He killed an IRS worker. Nine suspected militia members [were] arrested for allegedly plotting an attack on police officers as part of a war they wanted to wage against the United States government. A Tennessee white supremacist convicted of plotting to kill President Obama near the end of the presidential campaign in ‘08.

"And, of course, there’s Scott Roeder killing Dr. George Tiller.

"And, of course, there’s the wave of threats and property damage against members of Congress after the health reform bill passed.

"Is it helpful to find the connections between these disparate acts, to understand what American extremism is now? Or are these all individual crazy people with no connection to politics, no connection to each other, no connection to a broader movement or to the broader country at large? What’s the better way to understand this and is this stuff going to stop? Joining us now is Eugene Robinson…"

One can easily guess Robinson’s answer to Maddow’s largely rhetorical question, but let’s rewind just a bit, and note the smearing methodology employed here: the classic amalgam (http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=Cw4fAAAAIBAJ&sjid=ApsEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5052,2706732). Grouped together in one intellectual package deal are:

"antigovernment" activists

white supremacists out to kill the President,

antiabortion fanatics out to kill abortionists,

and crazed anti-Semites out to attack the Holocaust Museum.

One of these things is not like the others, and Maddow – no dummy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rhodes_Scholars) – knows it.
That’s why the plaintive tone is taken – "Is it helpful?" – when posing the question of whether this is a unitary movement that needs to be infiltrated by law enforcement and its members arrested and jailed. The whole idea is to discredit "antigovernment" (i.e. pro-liberty) movements and politicians in the mainstream by associating them with hate and – most importantly – violence, or the threat of it.http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2010/04/04/rachel-maddow-mccarthyite/

It's not too different from tarring all civil libertarians or Muslims with the broad brush of extremism, but certainly no less despicable.

Winehole23
04-12-2010, 10:56 AM
How do McVeigh's words help us understand anti-government extremism today?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Will be kosted by Wesley Crusher

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/rachel-maddow1.jpg

:lmao

pow

good one
:lmao

wesley crusher
hahahaha

Jacob1983
04-13-2010, 12:43 AM
One of the chicks on Amazing Race looks like that Rachel Maddow guy.

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Rachel Maddow

That dude is whacked out of his mind.

EmptyMan
04-13-2010, 08:54 AM
I'm for sure giving Maddow my ratings. I enjoyed the teaser on her show yesterday. Pretty crazy that McVeigh was interviewed just outside of Waco when that was going down.

DarrinS
04-13-2010, 09:55 AM
I'm for sure giving Maddow my ratings. I enjoyed the teaser on her show yesterday. Pretty crazy that McVeigh was interviewed just outside of Waco when that was going down.

That networks needs all the help they can get.

Oh, Gee!!
04-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Tell us what could go wrong, Darrin.

the tens of people that watch MSNBC might be misinformed.

DarrinS
04-13-2010, 10:56 AM
the tens of people that watch MSNBC might be misinformed.

That's actually pretty funny.

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Is Rachel Maddows a carpet bagger?

Stringer_Bell
04-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Is Rachel Maddows a carpet muncher?

Fix'd.

This special is fail, btw.

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Fix'd.

No. A carpet bagger is a prank for girls. When the victim falls a asleep, the girl prankster rubs her vagina all over the victims face. I see Maddows doing this unless Maddows has a cock and balls. Anyone know?

Jacob1983
04-13-2010, 02:31 PM
I wonder if she's ever had Noah Wyle on her show as a guest. That would be interesting.

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 02:39 PM
I wonder if she's ever had Noah Wyle on her show as a guest. That would be interesting.

Maddows has the deeper voice. I could tell them apart by that.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Darrin, you still haven't told us what could go wrong.

Speak up. You started this thread.

Stringer_Bell
04-13-2010, 03:00 PM
No. A carpet bagger is a prank for girls. When the victim falls a asleep, the girl prankster rubs her vagina all over the victims face. I see Maddows doing this unless Maddows has a cock and balls. Anyone know?

I've never heard that particular definition in my life, and I would know. I also called around to my sources and they've never heard of it either. It makes zero sense.

We can, however, invent a new term. Beaver Bopping - you heard it hear first!

DarrinS
04-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Darrin, you still haven't told us what could go wrong.

Speak up. You started this thread.

this

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Use your words Darrin.

Tell us all what will go wrong and make the special that you haven't watched and has yet to even air fail.

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 03:07 PM
I've never heard that particular definition in my life, and I would know. I also called around to my sources and they've never heard of it either. It makes zero sense.

We can, however, invent a new term. Beaver Bopping - you heard it hear first!

You heard it here first then. Rachel Maddows is a dude in drag so he can't be a carpet bagger.

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 03:16 PM
Seriously, does anyone know if the new health care bill will cover Maddows penectomy?

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 03:19 PM
She's just a lesbian. No need to obsess about that, but I guess it's a good way to avoid talking about the program.

Looks like Darrin ran away from the thread. He'll be back later to whine about me and not discuss the program. Book it.

DarrinS
04-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Looks like Darrin ran away from the thread. He'll be back later to whine about me and not discuss the program. Book it.

Meh, you're just irrelevant.

RandomGuy
04-13-2010, 03:28 PM
http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2010/04/04/rachel-maddow-mccarthyite/

It's not too different from tarring all civil libertarians or Muslims with the broad brush of extremism, but certainly no less despicable.

Ever talk to any of the "sovereignists"? (for lack of a better term)

These are the kinds of people that write 8 page manifestos over traffic tickets.

Reading through some of that stuff is like reading the Chewbacca defense for the first time.

People with loose grips on reality now have a medium to reinforce each others' ideas these days. From the pseudo-scientific "microwave ovens will give ya cancer, its in the literature", to the outright bizarre "I saw the elder Bush morph into a reptile" (no, I'm not making that one up).

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Meh, you're just irrelevant.Which is why you took the time to whine about me.

So fucking predictable.

Just say you are talking out of your ass.

Or whine about me again. The latter proves the former.

DarrinS
04-13-2010, 03:32 PM
People with loose grips on reality now have a medium to reinforce each others' ideas these days. From the pseudo-scientific "microwave ovens will give ya cancer, its in the literature", to the outright bizarre "I saw the elder Bush morph into a reptile" (no, I'm not making that one up).

I definitely agree with this.

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Turns out she blames black folks for her "kind" not being able to marry each other and is trying to guilt trip an entire race for not helping her cause. Is she a racist and/or is she a liar and is trying push her agenda?

Rwlrp7AQtyQ

Winehole23
04-13-2010, 03:39 PM

These are the kinds of people that write 8 page manifestos over traffic tickets.

Reading through some of that stuff is like reading the Chewbacca defense for the first time.

People with loose grips on reality now have a medium to reinforce each others' ideas these days. From the pseudo-scientific "microwave ovens will give ya cancer, its in the literature", to the outright bizarre "I saw the elder Bush morph into a reptile" (no, I'm not making that one up).Reinforcing the idea that all these weirdos are "dangerous anti-government extremists" because some of their ideas may resemble Tim McVeigh's, at bottom is the functional equivalent of a reductio ad Hitlerum. It's logically fallacious, though it is no doubt persuasive to weak minded conformists.

Winehole23
04-13-2010, 03:42 PM
It's the exact same MO that tars Islam, qua religion, with the broad brush of extremism.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Turns out she blames black folks for her "kind" not being able to marry each other and is trying to guilt trip an entire race for not helping her cause. Is she a racist and/or is she a liar and is trying push her agenda?What did she say that was a lie?

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 03:44 PM
The tranny is into old cougars. She is with a 52 year old ho. NASTY!

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 03:46 PM
The tranny is into old cougars. She is with a 52 year old ho. NASTY!You really want to know everything about Maddow, don't you?

Why?

Oh, Gee!!
04-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Jack's confused about things, and acts out in strange ways. poor thing.

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Jack's confused about things, and acts out in strange ways. poor thing.

Maddow is the one confused.

Oh, Gee!!
04-13-2010, 03:58 PM
good one, jack.

boutons_deux
04-13-2010, 04:16 PM
McVay defines anti-govt extremist.

============

Fucking wild west cowboys up in OK getting their weaponized militia mob locked and loaded.

OK GOP is condoning, which is really inciting paranoia and mob violence

==========

Oklahoma Republicans Conspire With Tea Parties To Form Anti-Federal Government Militia

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/04/13/oklahoma-republicans-conspire-with-tea-parties-to-form-anti-federal-government-militia/print/

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm think Maddow's has daddy issues. She interviewed a dude that thought people were gay because they were molested. She didn't like that. She called him out. The author said when he would reprint the book he would leave that part out. The dude was correct in doing that. He should have said some gays were gay because they were molested. Where the author went wrong is not including that butch in the molested bunch. Her girly friend/mommy looking alike is getting banged like daddy used to bang her. Maddow's know's how to treat a old hag in my humble opinion.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Why are you so interested in Maddow, jack?

spursncowboys
04-13-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm think Maddow's has daddy issues. She interviewed a dude that thought people were gay because they were molested. She didn't like that. She called him out. The author said when he would reprint the book he would leave that part out. The dude was correct in doing that. He should have said some gays were gay because they were molested. Where the author went wrong is not including that butch in the molested bunch. Her girly friend/mommy looking alike is getting banged like daddy used to bang her. Maddow's know's how to treat a old hag in my humble opinion.

Or he could of said that a large percentage of molested children, when they grow up, are apart of homosexual relationships.

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 09:06 PM
Why are you so interested in Maddow, jack?

Great question! I give you props for that. Someone brought that butch up today and I have been obsessing over it all day. I've done a bit of research as you pointed out and have come up with this theory. I might be wrong but a theory of mine, neverless.

You might be right, "just a lesbian" but she is a public figure and we should investigate why she has her opinions. Some I pointed out in this thread.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Have you become obsessed with and done the same kind of investigation for any other media figures?

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Have you become obsessed with and done the same kind of investigation for any other media figures?

My focus in on Rachel Maddow. I can't make you any promises but I promise, even if it takes me years, I will figure out that granny fucker.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 09:18 PM
My focus in on Rachel Maddow. I can't make you any promises but I promise, even if it takes me years, I will figure out that granny fucker.So your answer is no.

You are obsessed with Rachel Maddow. You need to seriously think about that before proceeding.

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 09:22 PM
You are obsessed with Rachel Maddow. You need to seriously think about that before proceeding.

You might be right! Have you ever fucked a guy 15 years older than you or been doing him for 10 years?

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Now you want to become obsessed with me. Why are you asking that of someone who is not a public figure?

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Now you want to become obsessed with me. Why are you asking that of someone who is not a public figure?

I was hoping you could shed some light on my theory. Sorry for asking.

EmptyMan
04-13-2010, 09:30 PM

lmao yes. There are really people who believe in a secret Reptilian race! I heard them talk on Coast to Coast AM one time. Mind=Blown

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 09:46 PM

uY6k50qB4Ys

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 09:55 PM
I was hoping you could shed some light on my theory.Not a public figure.

Not a lesbian.

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Not a public figure.

Not a lesbian.

It's not your fault.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 09:57 PM
It's not your fault.What isn't my fault?

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 09:59 PM
What isn't my fault?

It's not your fault.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 10:00 PM
It's not your fault.What isn't my fault?

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Your obsession with me and gays. It's not your fault.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Your obsession with me and gays. It's not your fault.You admitted an obsession with Rachel Maddow and started asking the same questions of me.

Your obsession with me and your obsession with gays are definitely your fault.

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 10:09 PM
You admitted an obsession with Rachel Maddow and started asking the same questions of me.

Your obsession with me and your obsession with gays are definitely your fault.

It's not your fault.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 10:14 PM
It's not your fault.Seeing as the only obsession here is yours, how could it be?

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Seeing as the only obsession here is yours, how could it be?

Son, everyone that has a brain, gay or not, can see you obsess over me. It's written all over this thread and many, many other threads. My opinion counts to you.

I'm telling you "It's not your fault"

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Son, everyone that has a brain, gay or not, can see you obsess over me. It's written all over this thread and many, many other threads. My opinion counts to you.Son, I'm asking how and why you have the obsessions you admit to, son. Son, it's entertaining to watch you try to change the subject to me, son. Son, I'm just trying to figure out how this documentary fits into all the obsessions you have declared here, son.

I'm telling you "It's not your fault"Son, I'm telling you there is nothing to which fault can be assigned in this case, son.

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Son, I'm asking how and why you have the obsessions you admit to, son.

Son, I'm telling you there is nothing to which fault can be assigned in this case, son.

It's not your fault.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 10:30 PM
So tell me, son: what does any of this have to do with the documentary which is the subject of this thread, son?

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 10:31 PM
So tell me, son: what does any of this have to do with the documentary which is the subject of this thread, son?

Sad.........Back to the OP? Blame me for the change of subject. It's not your fault.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Sad.........Back to the OP? Blame me for the change of subject. It's not your fault.Son, you're damn right it's your fault you changed the subject to gays and then to me, son. They are your obsessions after all, son.

So son, I'll ask again: What does any of this have to do with the McVeigh program, son?

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 10:42 PM
Son, you're damn right it's your fault you changed the subject to gays and then to me, son. They are your obsessions after all, son.

So son, I'll ask again: What does any of this have to do with the McVeigh program, son?

I'm sorry you didn't like me calling you son.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm sorry you didn't like me calling you son.Son, what makes you think that, son?

And son, what does any of this have to do with the McVeigh program, son?

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Son, what makes you think that, son?

And son, what does any of this have to do with the McVeigh program, son?

Your obsession with me. I call you "son" once and you go crazy with it. It's another example of your pettiness and insecurities. Now pages later you want to start a conversation that I played zero part in. It's not you fault.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Your obsession with me.Son, you should probably review the questions you asked of me before you say anyone else is obsessed with anything.
I call you "son" once and you go crazy with it.You don't like that, son?
It's another example of your pettiness and insecurities. Now pages later you want to start a conversation that I played zero part in.Because that's the topic, son.
It's not you fault.Son, I told you changing the subject to me was your fault.

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Your pettiness and insecurities are written all over that post.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 11:00 PM
Your pettiness and insecurities are written all over that post.Sorry I hurt your feelings, son. You must have daddy issues to be this sensitive.

But back to the topic. I was asking Darrin how this he knows this program he has neither watched nor will watch is going to go wrong.

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Sorry I hurt your feelings, son. You must have daddy issues to be this sensitive.

But back to the topic. I was asking Darrin how this he knows this program he has neither watched nor will watch is going to go wrong.

Look at you make your own daddy issues about me. Pettiness and insecurities.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 11:06 PM
Look at you make your own daddy issues about me. Pettiness and insecurities.Son, look at you make your own daddy issues about Rachel Maddow. Pettiness and insecurities, son.

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 11:15 PM
You're trying so hard. Pages later you want to bring up that butch. You should grab your stuff giraffe and actually watch a youtube video someone post on here.

uY6k50qB4Ys

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 11:17 PM
Son, you're trying so hard. Pages after admitting it, you want to try to deny obsessing over Rachel Maddow. You should grab your stuffed giraffe and actually read what you post on here, son.

Sorry about your daddy, son.

DMX7
04-13-2010, 11:26 PM
You're trying so hard. Pages later you want to bring up that butch. You should grab your stuff giraffe and actually watch a youtube video someone post on here.

ChumpDumper PWND YOU.

He brought it! He brought it, set it down on the table and opened it, bitch!

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Pages later you want to try to deny obsessing over Rachel Maddow.

I did?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-13-2010, 11:30 PM
she would be cute if she had tits and actually tried to look like a woman

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 11:31 PM
ChumpDumper PWND YOU.

He brought it! He brought it, set it down on the table and opened it, bitch!

Idiot

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 11:31 PM
I did?Son, I'm not going to read your own posts for you, son.

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Son, I'm not going to read your own posts for you, son.

Of course you won't cause that would make you a liar.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 11:36 PM
Of course you won't cause that would make you a liar.Son, it's right there. You tried to act like I brought her up, son.

Son, did your daddy make you have this crippling fear of taking responsibility for your own actions? Sorry he did that to you, son. It isn't your fault, son.

Jacob1983
04-13-2010, 11:38 PM
I think it's sad but a little funny that there is an argument over Noah Wyle. I bet he(she) loves the attention. Then again, she would probably never visit a Spurs message board because the Spurs are in Texas and Texas is an evil place in her eyes.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 11:40 PM
I think it's sad but a little funny that there is an argument over Noah Wyle. I bet he(she) loves the attention. Then again, she would probably never visit a Spurs message board because the Spurs are in Texas and Texas is an evil place in her eyes.I don't think Rachel Maddow would care one way or the other.

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 11:43 PM
Son, it's right there. You tried to act like I brought her up, son.

Son, did your daddy make you have this crippling fear of taking responsibility for your own actions? Sorry he did that to you, son. It isn't your fault, son.

Look at you try so hard. I never said you brought that butch up or denied my obsession over her, this day. Keep grasping at straws for your own pettiness and insecurities, liar.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 11:46 PM
Look at you try so hard. I never said you brought that butch up or denied my obsession over her, this day. Keep grasping at straws for your own pettiness and insecurities, liar.
You're trying so hard. Pages later you want to bring up that butch.Son, you just made yourself a liar. :toast

I suppose you can blame your daddy for that too, son. :tu

Jacob1983
04-13-2010, 11:51 PM
Why would anyone be obsessed with Rachel Maddow?

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 11:52 PM
Why would anyone be obsessed with Rachel Maddow?That person must have daddy issues.

jack sommerset
04-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Son, you just made yourself a liar.

You have to be sticking a thorn pickle up your ass to make yourself feel better.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 11:55 PM
You have to be sticking a thorn pickle up your ass to make yourself feel better.Son, why are you visualizing me with a thorn pickle up my ass?

Your daddy sure did a number on you, son, but you made a liar out of yourself and now you are melting down.