PDA

View Full Version : No Games Tonight

picc84
05-06-2010, 08:33 AM
First day in a while that the NBA has scheduled no basketball games on a weekday night. Just giving teams the rest they're supposed to get.

The fans need days like this during the playoffs, days when no one is scheduled to play and their minds can recuperate from the stress and excitement of real NBA basketball. :wakeup

DeadlyDynasty
05-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Don't the Magic and Hawks play tonight?

pauls931
05-06-2010, 08:51 AM

Who's knows. ESPN might be wrong and there will be a bunch of bored announcers and camera men sitting around tonight.

Greg Oden
05-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Just another example of the OP being a retard.

Girasuck
05-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Instead of watching another boring blowout NBA playoff game, everyone should switch over and watch the NHL playoffs...the REAL playoffs this time of the year.

redzero
05-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Instead of watching another boring blowout NBA playoff game, everyone should switch over and watch the NHL playoffs...the REAL playoffs this time of the year.

>implying that hockey is good.

Girasuck
05-06-2010, 09:47 AM
No need to imply...just speaking the truth. The NBA playoffs don't even come close to the excitement the NHL playoffs provide.

lefty
05-06-2010, 09:50 AM
I agree with Girasuck

Watch Pens and Habs battle in the most electric arena in North America

picc84
05-06-2010, 09:51 AM

Who?

No games scheduled tonight, unfortunately. Free day for all NBA fans.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
05-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Atlanta-Orlando is tonight. http://espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=300506019

and hockey blows.

lefty
05-06-2010, 09:52 AM

and hockey blows.
Hockey is amazing :madrun

picc84
05-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Think i'll use the extra 2 hours tonight to check in on the Blazers late practice. They've got a huge game tomorrow and if they want to keep their championship aspirations alive, they'll need to keep sharp.

That means no hopscotch and double-dutch contests between Oden and Pryzbilla, Blazers will need their feet fresh and rested to hold down the paint and protect the rim.

TampaDude
05-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Well, the Pens-Habs game should be more competitive than the Hawks-Magic game. Atlanta is gonna get destroyed again on their way to getting swept right out of the playoffs. They simply have no answer for Dwight Howard or the 3-point shooting of Orlando.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
05-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Think i'll use the extra 2 hours tonight to check in on the Blazers late practice. They've got a huge game tomorrow and if they want to keep their championship aspirations alive, they'll need to keep sharp.

That means no hopscotch and double-dutch contests between Oden and Pryzbilla, Blazers will need their feet fresh and rested to hold down the paint and protect the rim.

we all realized what you were getting at long ago, and it still failed. Just do us all a favor and stop posting.

lefty
05-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Well, the Pens-Habs game should be more competitive than the Hawks-Magic game. Atlanta is gonna get destroyed again on their way to getting swept right out of the playoffs. They simply have no answer for Dwight Howard or the 3-point shooting of Orlando.
Oralndo has the easiest road to the Conference Finals ever :lol

redzero
05-06-2010, 10:19 AM
>hockey
http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/%7Ewellness/wpp/nutri/images/man_sleeping_002.jpg

jacobdrj
05-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Hockey does suck, but it is fun in the playoffs... Even I will find myself watching a game or 2 late in the season...
Magic are just gonna blow out the Hawks...

jacobdrj
05-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Oralndo has the easiest road to the Conference Finals ever :lol

Uhhhh, Cavs in '07?

lefty
05-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Uhhhh, Cavs in '07?
Did they sweep their way to the Finals?

jacobdrj
05-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Did they sweep their way to the Finals?

Conference Finals, we were talking about. And that was just testament to how crappy that Cavs team was to actually loose 2 games to that crappy Nets team in the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals...

These Hawks are decent, albeit flawed, and that Charolette team doesn't have 2 of their 3 stars injured and not playing. Both teams were/are at full strength. And that is just testament to how awesome this Magic team is to be able to potentially sweep their way to the Conference Finals.

The Gemini Method
05-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Man, I'm beginning to see why so many people loathe us Laker fans here. This thread is ripe of arrogance and well, the Magic have been playing lights out in these playoffs. I'll watch tonight merely on the principle of know thy enemy and they look alot sharper than last year's version of which the Lakers beat in 5.

Giuseppe
05-06-2010, 10:47 AM
There wasn't a game last night either.

lefty
05-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Conference Finals, we were talking about. And that was just testament to how crappy that Cavs team was to actually loose 2 games to that crappy Nets team in the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals...

These Hawks are decent, albeit flawed, and that Charolette team doesn't have 2 of their 3 stars injured and not playing. Both teams were/are at full strength. And that is just testament to how awesome this Magic team is to be able to potentially sweep their way to the Conference Finals.
I meant conf finals

Sorry :D

The Gemini Method
05-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Hockey is a little more unpredictable this year. You have the Boston Bruins dominating their last two opponents and San Jose, normally the Houston Rockets (Tmac era) of the NHL dominating a blue blood in Detroit. Also, the LeBron of the NHL (Ovechkin) is out and Sid the Kid will probably repeat.

LnGrrrR
05-06-2010, 11:38 AM
I am amazed at the Bruins wins. Though they haven't exactly been "dominant" this series... the first win was an OT goal, and the second win came off a goal in the last 3 minutes. :)

The Gemini Method
05-06-2010, 11:40 AM
I am amazed at the Bruins wins. Though they haven't exactly been "dominant" this series... the first win was an OT goal, and the second win came off a goal in the last 3 minutes. :)

Well, I just see the 3-0 and that is pretty much dominance to me...But, they remind me of the Ducks who won it all as an upstart a few years ago.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Crazy that a Canadian team hasn't won the Cup since 1993 (Monteal).

Would be awesome to have a Vancouver/Montreal finals.....buuuuut that's not going to happen.

The Gemini Method
05-06-2010, 11:44 AM

Would be awesome to have a Vancouver/Montreal finals.....buuuuut that's not going to happen.

I'm going to guess and say this year's final will probably be San Jose vs. Pittsburgh. Definitely...Lord Stanley is rolling over in his Canadian Maplewood coffin...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Here's my guess about the Stanley Cup Finals:

The viewer ratings will suck.

The Gemini Method
05-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Here's my guess about the Stanley Cup Finals:

The viewer ratings will suck.

Probably. But since none of our respective teams are hoopin' it up today...this is great filler talk.

mindcrime
05-06-2010, 11:56 AM

At the expense of my team the Los Angeles Kings. F*ck you Patrick Roy. I'm no longer bitter. Really, I'm not.

The Gemini Method
05-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Funny that the Mighty Ducks have a title and the Kings don't...lol

lefty
05-06-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm going to guess and say this year's final will probably be San Jose vs. Pittsburgh. Definitely...Lord Stanley is rolling over in his Canadian Maplewood coffin...
Boston can definitely beat Pittsburgh

Edit: Krejci is injured

But the Pens will prevail anyway, because if this:

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t141/habs425/gdt/0910/game4.jpg

http://25stanley.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Bettman-Loves-Pens.jpg

http://www.firebettman.com/graphics/crosby-cup2.jpg

lefty
05-06-2010, 12:10 PM
At the expense of my team the Los Angeles Kings. F*ck you Patrick Roy. I'm no longer bitter. Really, I'm not.

But the one you should actually hate is Marty McSorley

The Gemini Method
05-06-2010, 12:11 PM

But the one you should actually hate is Marty McSorley

That was the stick incident, no?

lefty
05-06-2010, 12:13 PM
That was the stick incident, no?
Yep

Blame the ghosts of the Montreal Forum

D-Wade #3
05-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Man, I'm beginning to see why so many people loathe us Laker fans here. This thread is ripe of arrogance and well, the Magic have been playing lights out in these playoffs. I'll watch tonight merely on the principle of know thy enemy and they look alot sharper than last year's version of which the Lakers beat in 5.

:toast God Bless son, a smart Laker fan right there

lurker
05-06-2010, 12:56 PM

There we go, it's confirmed. No games tonight.

lefty
05-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Barring a collapse of epic proportions, the Boston Bruins are set to advance to their first conference finals since 1992. That season, the Bruins finished second in the old Adams Division and defeated Buffalo and Montreal before bowing out to the eventual Stanley Cup champs from Pittsburgh.

There are more than a few parallels to this season. Boston ousted Buffalo in the first round

:wow

Allanon
05-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Can't really call the Magic/Hawks a series. I love watching the Hawks but they're just outmatched.

Spurs/Suns and Cavs/Celtics, those are the exciting series of this round.