PDA

View Full Version : Official Thread: 2010 FIBA World Championship

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-23-2010, 03:55 AM
I will start this now because the time is coming soon as rosters are starting.

First is roster for France,

Out of 28 players they have selected this should be their roster taking the best players of ones available at their positions.

France:

PG Rodrigue Beaubois/Nando De Colo/Antoine Diot
SG Mickael Pietrus/Edwin Jackson
SF Nicolas Batum/Mickael Gelabale
PF Boris Diaw/Ali Traore
C Joakim Noah/Johan Petro/Ian Mahinmi

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-23-2010, 03:56 AM
Next is roster for Argentina. From their 16 man preliminary roster this should be the players taken,

Argentina:

PG Pablo Prigioni/Juan Fernandez
SG Carlos Delfino/Pancho Jasen/Paolo Quinteros
SF Andres Nocioni/Frederico Kammerichs
PF Luis Scola/Leonardo Gutierrez
C Fabricio Oberto/Roman Gonzalez/Juan Gutierrez

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-23-2010, 04:09 AM
Also Spain has announce probable roster for them, can change but is most probable right now according to their federation.

Spain:

PG Jose Calderon/Ricky Rubio/Sergio Rodriguez
SG Juan Carlos Navarro/Sergio Llull
SF Rudy Fernandez/Carlos Suarez
PF Jorge Garbajosa/Victor Claver
C Marc Gasol/Fran Vazquez/Felipe Reyes

They are also considering for the team Pablo Aguilar if Garbajosa decides to not play.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-23-2010, 04:31 AM
Then is roster for Lithuania. Base on the 24 man selection for them the roster should be probably,

Lithuania:

PG Sarunas Jasikevicius/Rimas Kaukenas/Tomas Delininkaitis
SG Simas Jasaitis/Martynas Gecevicius
SF Linas Kleiza/Jonas Maciulis
PF Ksystof Lavronivic/Mindaugas Katelynas
C Robertas Javtokas/Darius Lavrinovic/Marius Petravicius

mogrovejo
05-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Meh, wake me up for the US vs. Spain final. Who cares about the field?

boston.balla
05-23-2010, 08:36 AM
it would be interesting to see how spain fare without pau..

urunobili
05-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Brazil will fall to the US on the final...

mogrovejo
05-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Also Spain has announce probable roster for them, can change but is most probable right now according to their federation.

Spain:

PG Jose Calderon/Ricky Rubio/Sergio Rodriguez
SF Rudy Fernandez/Carlos Suarez
C Marc Gasol/Fran Vazquez/Felipe Reyes

They are also considering for the team Pablo Aguilar if Garbajosa decides to not play.

Sergio Rodriguez? You're clueless.

Spain:

PG Ricky Rubio/Jose Calderon/Sergio Llull
SG Juan Carlos Navarro/Rudy Fernandez
SF Carlos Suarez/Victor Claver
PF Jorge Garbajosa/Felipe Reyes
C Marc Gasol/Fran Vazquez

I think the 12th man is going to be San Emeterio. Him or Rafa Martinez. Mumbru and Berni Rodriguez as outsiders.

---------

I'm pretty sure Noah isn't playing for France. Good chance M. Pietrus isn't playing either.

----------

Brazil

PG Marcelinho Huertas/Valtinho
SG Leandro Barbosa/Marcelinho Machado/Alex
SF Marquinhos Vinicius/Guilherme Giovannoni
PF Varejao/Vitor Faverani
C Tiago Splitter/Nene/Paulão

Yeah, Brazil has a great big man rotation. If they get good play from their guards, they can be a dangerous team.

TheRealCB
05-23-2010, 09:53 AM
No chance Brazil beats Greece/Argentina/France/Spain/Lithuania/Serbia,Nene Splitter and Varejao can't lead a team,it's not their style..

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Meh, wake me up for the US vs. Spain final. Who cares about the field?

As usual you have all your facts wrong. US and Spain are in the same bracket.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Sergio Rodriguez? You're clueless.

Spain:

PG Ricky Rubio/Jose Calderon/Sergio Llull
SG Juan Carlos Navarro/Rudy Fernandez
SF Carlos Suarez/Victor Claver
PF Jorge Garbajosa/Felipe Reyes
C Marc Gasol/Fran Vazquez

I think the 12th man is going to be San Emeterio. Him or Rafa Martinez. Mumbru and Berni Rodriguez as outsiders.

You don't even know which is team is in which bracket. You are the only clueless one here. And Llull isn't even a PG. Calderon is the starter for Spain not Rubio and Fernandez also starts for them. You are such a joke.

You have obviously never even seen Spain play.

Ghazi
05-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Go Iran

mogrovejo
05-23-2010, 11:23 PM
No chance Brazil beats Greece/Argentina/France/Spain/Lithuania/Serbia,Nene Splitter and Varejao can't lead a team,it's not their style..

Well, they certainly won't win it all, but they can surprise a few of those teams. It only takes one game.

As usual you have all your facts wrong. US and Spain are in the same bracket.

You have no idea about what you're talking about.

At this point, nobody can know in which bracket teams are going to be because we don't know the final standings of the group stages. Retard.

You don't even know which is team is in which bracket. You are the only clueless one here. And Llull isn't even a PG. Calderon is the starter for Spain not Rubio and Fernandez also starts for them. You are such a joke.

You have obviously never even seen Spain play.

Quoted. We'll see who's right about the roster + the starting PG. Llull is a combo guard.

Now answer my questions about Barcelona, please.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-23-2010, 11:25 PM
Well, they certainly won't win it all, but they can surprise a few of those teams. It only takes one game.

You have no idea about what you're talking about.

At this point, nobody can know in which bracket teams are going to be because we don't know the final standings of the group stages. Retard.

Quoted. We'll see who's right about the roster + the starting PG. Llull is a combo guard.

Now answer my questions about Barcelona, please.

You are a troll.

eisfeld
05-24-2010, 05:42 AM
If both teams finish better than 3rd seed in their respective group, they won't meet until the finals. If one team falls below the 2nd seed and one finishes top 1-2 they can meet on their road to the finals.

So nothing is certain - neither a Spain vs. USA final nor those two teams meeting in the playoffs.

Here you go, check out the Schedule after the group phase and do your math.

http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/10/fwcm/p/schedule.html

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-24-2010, 07:51 AM
If both teams finish better than 3rd seed in their respective group, they won't meet until the finals. If one team falls below the 2nd seed and one finishes top 1-2 they can meet on their road to the finals.

So nothing is certain - neither a Spain vs. USA final nor those two teams meeting in the playoffs.

Here you go, check out the Schedule after the group phase and do your math.

http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/10/fwcm/p/schedule.html

Spain and US won't play each other in the finals.

FIBA alternates the "good schedule" with the "bad schedule" for all teams (except USA who always gets the "good schedule":rolleyes) by their seeding group. The top seed group is US, Spain, Argentina, Greece. The last time Spain had the "good schedule" and Greece had the "bad schedule". This time it is alternated.

Spain and the US would play in the SEMIfinals, not the finals, if they finish first in their groups.

Bukefal
05-24-2010, 07:56 AM
Brazil? No way.

It's all about Spain, Greece, France and USA, maybe Serbia too. And France is missing Parker. Greece, I dont think they will do anything significant this time neither will Serbia. So basically it's all about Spain and USA and maybe France.

But of course, it usually will fold out entirely different than what fans expect, so we'll see.

This summer is great. And fifa world cup and fiba world cup :king

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-24-2010, 08:09 AM
Brazil? No way.

It's all about Spain, Greece, France and USA, maybe Serbia too. And France is missing Parker. Greece, I dont think they will do anything significant this time neither will Serbia. So basically it's all about Spain and USA and maybe France.

But of course, it usually will fold out entirely different than what fans expect, so we'll see.

This summer is great. And fifa world cup and fiba world cup :king

France will be better without Parker. He hogs the ball too much and he can't shoot from range which is huge problem in FIBA. They will be stronger without Parker.

Greece are good enough to medal. Spain will not have Pau and US roster will be much weaker than 2006 and 2008 probably. The strongest teams are

US (with decent roster, if they have roster like 2004 they will finish 6-8)
Spain and Greece equal (without Pau they will not cause any more match ups problems for Greece)

after that is teams like Argentina (still very strong people do not realize how good Pancho is to replace Manu) and teams like Serbia, Lithuania, Germany, France, Russia, Slovenia and maybe Turkey is next after them because they are at home. Out of these teams they are dangerous. They are all good enough to beat Spain, US anyone.

Then comes Brazil, Puerto Rico, Croatia, Australia which are still all very good teams. After that is China, Iran, Angola, Lebanon and then teams that are really bad.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-24-2010, 08:14 AM
it would be interesting to see how spain fare without pau..

Vazquez will replace him so not that big of a deal really. With US losing some players Spain could beat the US even without Pau. Not saying they will but no worse than bronze for them even without Pau.

Bukefal
05-24-2010, 09:44 AM
France will be better without Parker. He hogs the ball too much and he can't shoot from range which is huge problem in FIBA. They will be stronger without Parker.

Greece are good enough to medal. Spain will not have Pau and US roster will be much weaker than 2006 and 2008 probably. The strongest teams are

US (with decent roster, if they have roster like 2004 they will finish 6-8)
Spain and Greece equal (without Pau they will not cause any more match ups problems for Greece)

after that is teams like Argentina (still very strong people do not realize how good Pancho is to replace Manu) and teams like Serbia, Lithuania, Germany, France, Russia, Slovenia and maybe Turkey is next after them because they are at home. Out of these teams they are dangerous. They are all good enough to beat Spain, US anyone.

Then comes Brazil, Puerto Rico, Croatia, Australia which are still all very good teams. After that is China, Iran, Angola, Lebanon and then teams that are really bad.

I think they'll miss Parker a lot. He was important for France. I forgot about Slovenia, they could show something, they have a solid team, but im not so sure.

Turkey and Germany should considered lower, they suck. No way are they good enough to beat USA or Spain.

I see it like this;

1- USA, Spain, Greece, France.
2- Serbia, Slovenia, Argentina, Russia.
3- Croatia, Brasil, Lithuania, Turkey, Germany.
4- Australia, Puerto Rico, Canada.
5- China, Iran, Angola, Lebanon, Jordan, Cote d'Ivoire, New Zealand, Tunisia.

eisfeld
05-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Spain and the US would play in the SEMIfinals, not the finals, if they finish first in their groups.

If both finish first in their respective group - correct. They would play each other in the semis. If one of them finishes second and the other one first they won't meet until the finals.

It's a bit of nonsense to debate about now. Either way or the other - there's the possibility they meet and the possibility they won't meet until the finals. Nothing is set in stone now.

The possibilty of Spain dropping to seed nr. 2 is unlikely given the group they are in. And if Brazil can't surprise the US should be a lock for the first seed too. So the chance of them meeting in the finals is very slim but still there.

stretch
05-24-2010, 09:53 AM
killbill is a faggot

Pero
05-24-2010, 10:10 AM
I forgot about Slovenia, they could show something, they have a solid team, but im not so sure.

Nah, we won't do anything probably. On C,PF,SF we're too weak. We could have a good guard rotation if everyone plays but that's not enough to do something big.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-24-2010, 10:15 AM
I think they'll miss Parker a lot. He was important for France. I forgot about Slovenia, they could show something, they have a solid team, but im not so sure.

Turkey and Germany should considered lower, they suck. No way are they good enough to beat USA or Spain.

I see it like this;

Turkey will be at home and they have a lot of big and strong players. They will be dangerous as long as Hedo does not play so horrible as he did last year.

Last couple times Dirk played like crap for Germany and in Olympics Kaman was awful. But if they play OK Germany would be a very good team.

They have a lot of good players like Pleiss, Harris, Benzing, and Oblrecht is not that bad either. Then they have Schaffartzik who is a really great point guard for sure he is one of the best point guards in all Europe.

If Dirk and Kaman play as bad as they did before then Germany will not do anything but if they play OK they have a strong team even with players like Schaffartzik and Benzing by themselves can take over games.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-24-2010, 10:18 AM
If both finish first in their respective group - correct. They would play each other in the semis. If one of them finishes second and the other one first they won't meet until the finals.

It's a bit of nonsense to debate about now. Either way or the other - there's the possibility they meet and the possibility they won't meet until the finals. Nothing is set in stone now.

The possibilty of Spain dropping to seed nr. 2 is unlikely given the group they are in. And if Brazil can't surprise the US should be a lock for the first seed too. So the chance of them meeting in the finals is very slim but still there.

If US does not get first seed they will not meet in finals. Very simple. If US does not get first seed it means they lost to 2 games out of the games against Croatia, Brazil and Slovenia. If US loses 2 of those 3 games there is no way they will beat teams like Serbia or France after that.

So once again Spain and US will not play in the finals against each other.

mogrovejo
05-24-2010, 10:22 AM
KBP, stop trying to mislead people. Who is going to be in each bracket isnt' defined yet.

Anyway, Spain will tank in the group state in order to avoid playing US before the final. Scariolo is their coach.

Vazquez will replace him so not that big of a deal really.

Losing Pau Gasol isn't a big deal? AHahahah. Vazquez is a very good player, but not on Pau's level and a very different one - you can't rely on Vazquez to create offense.

---------

France without Parker, Noah and Pietrus isn't a first tier team. Are people crazy? They aren't even that good when they're in full force.

--------

Nobody is saying Brazil will win a medal, just that they're good enough cause an upset or two in the knock-out stage. They beat Argentina in the AMerica's tournament last season. Granted Argentina will have Delfino+Nocioni this time around (and should easily be a superior team), but Brazil will also field a stronger roster. Again, they have so many quality, athletic bigs, that can play defense that if their guards are on they're going to be a difficult team to beat.

Erazem Lorbek won't play for Slovenia. Without him they just aren't that good, especially considering Smodiz is still out of form.

Greece has their two best guards back in Diamantidis and Papaloukas and in terms of individual talent seem to be just below US and Spain, but it remains to be seen if they can create the necessary chemistry. I want to see their final roster first.

Lithuania without Siskauskas isn't a top team. Especially with Jasikevicius, who is more than done, still playing and wanting to be the man.

Serbia is freaking good. They're young, hungry, talented and have experience as individuals and as a team at a very high level in spite of their age. Plus, the luxury of an incredibly deep roster. Why do people keep overlooking them? To me they're contenders for a medal.

Turkey has some talent - Ilyasova, Gonlum, Hedo, Asik, even Kanter - but they lack quality guards.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-24-2010, 10:22 AM
This is probable roster for Germany

PG Heiko Schaffartzik/Demond Greene/Steffen Hamann
SG Konrad Wysocki/Luca Staiger
SF Elias Harris/Robin Benzing
PF Dirk Nowitzki/Tim Olbrecht
C Chris Kaman/Jan Jagla/Tibor Pleiss

Much better I think than roster that won bronze at 2002 World Championship and roster that won silver at 2005 EuroBasket.

TheRealCB
05-24-2010, 10:23 AM

I see it like this;

No way France is in the same tier as spain/greece..On the other hand,US isn't too :depressed

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-24-2010, 10:24 AM
KBP, stop trying to mislead people. Who is going to be in each bracket isnt' defined yet.

Anyway, Spain will tank in the group state in order to avoid playing US before the final. Scariolo is their coach.

Losing Pau Gasol isn't a big deal? AHahahah. Vazquez is a very good player, but not on Pau's level and a very different one - you can't rely on Vazquez to create offense.

---------

France without Parker, Noah and Pietrus isn't a first tier team. Are people crazy? They aren't even that good when they're in full force.

--------

Nobody is saying Brazil will win a medal, just that they're good enough cause an upset or two in the knock-out stage. They beat Argentina in the AMerica's tournament last season. Granted Argentina will have Delfino+Nocioni this time around (and should easily be a superior team), but Brazil will also field a stronger roster. Again, they have so many quality, athletic bigs, that can play defense that if their guards are on they're going to be a difficult team to beat.

Erazem Lorbek won't play for Slovenia. Without him they just aren't that good, especially considering Smodiz is still out of form.

Greece has their two best guards back in Diamantidis and Papaloukas and in terms of individual talent seem to be just below US and Spain, but it remains to be seen if they can create the necessary chemistry. I want to see their final roster first.

Lithuania without Siskauskas isn't a top team. Especially with Jasikevicius, who is more than done, still playing and wanting to be the man.

Serbia is freaking good. They're young, hungry, talented and have experience as individuals and as a team at a very high level in spite of their age. Plus, the luxury of an incredibly deep roster. Why do people keep overlooking them? To me they're contenders for a medal.

Turkey has some talent - Ilyasova, Gonlum, Hedo, Asik, even Kanter - but they lack quality guards.

Spain and US will not play in the final. Anyone says otherwise has no clue about how European national teams work. Spain will tank? Hey smart guy EVERY single European national team is thinking about their opponent because they are trained that way. Only coach I know did not do that was Giannakis and that is why he was fired because he cost Greece an Olympic medal.

Noah and Pietrus never said they were not playing this summer. Only Parker and Turiaf said that so far.

Kanter for Turkey? Really? they will bring an 18 year old player? I doubt it. They have plenty of good centers and power forwards why do they need an 18 year old in their team?

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Nah, we won't do anything probably. On C,PF,SF we're too weak. We could have a good guard rotation if everyone plays but that's not enough to do something big.

This is probable team for Slovenia

PG Goran Dragic/Jaka Lakovic/Sani Becirovic
SG Beno Udrih/Samo Udrih
SF Boki Nachbar/Sasha Vujacic
PF Matjaz Smodis/Goran Jagodnik/Jurica Golemac
C Primoz Brezec/Uros Slokar

I put Sasha in team because he keeps saying he wants to play badly for Slovenia. But even though every time he gets cut from the team. If he gets cut again then there is probably Domen Lorbek or Klobuchar instead of him.

Is Smodis and Becirovic were healthy this can be really good team. But they are both ruined with injuries and are just not what they used to be. Slovenia is very dangerous team though I think.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-24-2010, 10:35 AM
No way France is in the same tier as spain/greece..On the other hand,US isn't too :depressed

Pretty much I agree this is true. If US sends all these young players like they are saying Durant, Granger, Evans and all these young players like this then they cannot be in same level as Spain and Greece.

France roster is strong but they do not have a smart team. They are below this level also.

eisfeld
05-24-2010, 10:44 AM
If US does not get first seed they will not meet in finals. Very simple. If US does not get first seed it means they lost to 2 games out of the games against Croatia, Brazil and Slovenia. If US loses 2 of those 3 games there is no way they will beat teams like Serbia or France after that.

So once again Spain and US will not play in the finals against each other.

Alright let's assume US finishes second and Spain first.

Eight Finals:
Second Seed of Group B (USA) would play the third seed of Group A in game 64.

First Seed of Group D (Spain) would play the fourth seed of Group C in matchup 67.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quarter Finals:

The winner of matchup 64 (USA) would play the Winner of matchup 63 in game 70.

The winner of matchup 67 (Spain) would play the Winner of matchup 68 in game 72.

Semi Finals:

The winner of game 70 (USA) would play the winner of game 69 in game 76
The winner of game 72 (Spain) would play the winner of game 71 in game 77

Finals:

The winner of game 76 (USA) would play the winner of game 77 (Spain) in game 80.

So if just one of them finishes second and the other first they won't meet until the finals. If both finish first they'll meet in the finals.

It's a low chance they'll meet in the finals but it is possible and therefore you can't rule it out that they won't play each other in the finals.

Darthkiller
05-24-2010, 10:48 AM
turkey can be pretty nasty with Hedo, Illyasova and Kanter

mogrovejo
05-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Spain and US will not play in the final. Anyone says otherwise has no clue about how European national teams work. Spain will tank? Hey smart guy EVERY single European national team is thinking about their opponent because they are trained that way. Only coach I know did not do that was Giannakis and that is why he was fired because he cost Greece an Olympic medal.

You're clueless. Say that to the French posters who followed the last Eurobasket, for example.

Anyway, I hope you can understand how that paragraph is contradictory. Yes, Spain will tank if they need that to avoid playing US before the Finals. It's that simple.

Noah and Pietrus never said they were not playing this summer. Only Parker and Turiaf said that so far.

They will...

Kanter for Turkey? Really? they will bring an 18 year old player? I doubt it. They have plenty of good centers and power forwards why do they need an 18 year old in their team?

I'm not sure they're calling him; but there's a chance. Why? Because he's good.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Probable team for Russia

PG Sergei Bykov/Anton Ponkrashov/Alexey Schved
SG Sergei Monya/Vitaly Fridzon
SF Viktor Khyrapa/Kelly McCarty
PF Andrei Kirilenko/Andrei Vorontsevich
C Sasha Kaun/Timofey Mozgov/Artem Zabelin

Travis Hansen, Victor Keyru, JR Holden and Aleksei Zozulin are also possible I think to be in their team.

Russia should have very strong team. Very athletic and very good at defense. They can be a scary team.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-24-2010, 10:58 AM
You're clueless. Say that to the French posters who followed the last Eurobasket, for example.

Anyway, I hope you can understand how that paragraph is contradictory. Yes, Spain will tank if they need that to avoid playing US before the Finals. It's that simple.

They will...

I'm not sure they're calling him; but there's a chance. Why? Because he's good.

You are a joke. You keep saying I can't say they will not play the finals then you say they will tank IF they need to avoid US. How the hell do they know they need to avoid US? US will not have better team than Spain when LeBron, Bosh, Howard, Anthony, Wade all these players and maybe even Kobe are not playing.

You really are funny. US will be worried about even beating teams like Slovenia and you act like Spain is planning on tanking to avoid them. Very funny stuff when there will be other teams probably better than the US that they might want to avoid instead.

BlackSwordsMan
05-24-2010, 11:00 AM
spain is gonna avoid US stop trying to troll us kill bill

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-24-2010, 11:01 AM
turkey can be pretty nasty with Hedo, Illyasova and Kanter

Kanter is 18. 18 year old player has never done anything at that level. Rubio at 18 was horrible at EuroBasket and Spain barely made it past group stage and only then with luck against Great Britain. Rubio was the cause of that.

Kanter won't do anything and should not even be in their team. Hedo was probably the worst player at EuroBasket last summer.

Much more important than Hedo and Kanter (why would he even be on their team at 18 this is crazy) is players like Ilyasova and Asik.

mogrovejo
05-24-2010, 11:04 AM
You are a joke. You keep saying I can't say they will not play the finals then you say they will tank IF they need to avoid US. How the hell do they know they need to avoid US? US will not have better team than Spain when LeBron, Bosh, Howard, Anthony, Wade all these players and maybe even Kobe are not playing.

You really are funny. US will be worried about even beating teams like Slovenia and you act like Spain is planning on tanking to avoid them. Very funny stuff when there will be other teams probably better than the US that they might want to avoid instead.

So, you agree that the Finals may in fact be a US vs. Spain game?

Good. You're a slow learner but I see that eventually you get it.

Kanter is 18. 18 year old player has never done anything at that level. Rubio at 18 was horrible at EuroBasket and Spain barely made it past group stage and only then with luck against Great Britain. Rubio was the cause of that.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-24-2010, 11:09 AM
spain is gonna avoid US stop trying to troll us kill bill

Why? Wade, LeBron, Howard, Bosh, Anthony are not playing supposedly and Kobe maybe also might not play?

Spain is afraid of US roster with Danny Granger, Tyreke Evans, Kevin Durant, Amare Stoudemire, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Brook Lopez, Al Jefferson, Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Rudy Gay, Gerald Wallace and such players like this?

:lmao:rollin:blah:rolleyes

2004 and 2006 US teams were much better than that. Even 2002 US team was probably better than that.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-24-2010, 11:11 AM
So, you agree that the Finals may in fact be a US vs. Spain game?

Good. You're a slow learner but I see that eventually you get it.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

I guess you do not realize that links to game Spain lost to Serbia, went to overtime against injury riddle Slovenia and barely beat Great Britain cannot be post huh? Spain almost by miracle was not eliminate in group stage of Eurobasket and it was because Rubio played like crap. Once he was benched and Navarro was made to play point guard Spain barely won in last 2 minutes against the British and they barely escape out of group stage.

Of course since you never saw any EuroBasket games you do not know this. Because you are a fake.

Spain and US will NOT play the finals. Anyone that has ever watch this tournament before will know this 100% sure automatic from look at the bracket. Of course you have never see the tournament before.

eisfeld
05-24-2010, 11:22 AM
I guess you do not realize that links to game Spain lost to Serbia, went to overtime against injury riddle Slovenia and barely beat Great Britain cannot be post huh? Spain almost by miracle was not eliminate in group stage of Eurobasket and it was because Rubio played like crap. Once he was benched and Navarro was made to play point guard Spain barely won in last 2 minutes against the British and they barely escape out of group stage.

Of course since you never saw any EuroBasket games you do not know this. Because you are a fake.

Spain and US will NOT play the finals. Anyone that has ever watch this tournament before will know this 100% sure automatic from look at the bracket. Of course you have never see the tournament before.

And you can't rule out the possibilty that they will meet in the finals when it is technically possible.

TheRealCB
05-24-2010, 12:36 PM

You doubt about Greece's chemistry?Seriously?Greek teams have always been about team work,we never had great individual talents..We are like the Pistons of international competitions..

I do agree on your points about Lithuania/Serbia/Turkey though..

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Alright let's assume US finishes second and Spain first.

Eight Finals:
Second Seed of Group B (USA) would play the third seed of Group A in game 64.

First Seed of Group D (Spain) would play the fourth seed of Group C in matchup 67.

Quarter Finals:

The winner of matchup 64 (USA) would play the Winner of matchup 63 in game 70.

The winner of matchup 67 (Spain) would play the Winner of matchup 68 in game 72.

Semi Finals:

The winner of game 70 (USA) would play the winner of game 69 in game 76
The winner of game 72 (Spain) would play the winner of game 71 in game 77

Finals:

The winner of game 76 (USA) would play the winner of game 77 (Spain) in game 80.

So if just one of them finishes second and the other first they won't meet until the finals. If both finish first they'll meet in the finals.

It's a low chance they'll meet in the finals but it is possible and therefore you can't rule it out that they won't play each other in the finals.

Chances of USA Spain final is low. Mogrovejo is an OBVIOUS TROLL telling people it is guaranteed 100% that will be the final.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Probably this will be team of Serbia

PG Milos Teodosic/Aleksandar Rasic/Stefan Marković
SG Igor Rakocevic/Dusan Kecman
SF Milenko Tepic/Nemanja Bjelica
PF Darko Milicic/Novicka Velickovic
C Nenad Krstic/Kosta Perovic/Miroslav Raduljica

Other players maybe they can take is Ivan Paunic, Milan Macvan, Zoran Erceg, Bojan Popovich, Uros Tripkovic, Nemanja Aleksandrov.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-24-2010, 07:14 PM
You doubt about Greece's chemistry?Seriously?Greek teams have always been about team work,we never had great individual talents..We are like the Pistons of international competitions..

He does not know anything about European basketball or national teams. He is just a pretender. He obviously does not know actually anything about it. He's never even seen 90% of the Greek players even play a game.

Just ignore him. The Americans here all think he is for real and this legit European and international basketball expert. When clearly he does not know anything about it. It is so funny reading all the comments from Americans here that believe him when he is so full of it and wrong about every time he posts on European basketball.

Don't bother to read his posts or take him serious. No one that knows anything European basketball would take him serious in the smallest way base on the things he says. He is just a troll and the Americans just believe him because they do not know any better.

There is no European fans that come here to tell the Americans the truth and call him on his BS. Only other fake European basketball experts like Bruno. Of course for anyone that really knows like you will see his comments and be like WTF? But the Americans here are all fooled by him.

mogrovejo
05-24-2010, 07:15 PM
And you can't rule out the possibilty that they will meet in the finals when it is technically possible.

He has just admitted that the brackets aren't defined yet, as I've sustained from the beggining.

I agree about the team work and I disagree about the individual talents. Anyway, by chemistry I didn't mean lack of a team identity+team work; I'm just not sure Greece won't have a flawed team in the sense of lacking certain important skill-set, namely shooting from their guards and athletic defenders, guys who can guard face-up 4, in the frontcourt. It depends on their roster, that's why I said I'd like to see their final roster first.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-24-2010, 07:43 PM
He has just admitted that the brackets aren't defined yet, as I've sustained from the beggining.

I agree about the team work and I disagree about the individual talents. Anyway, by chemistry I didn't mean lack of a team identity+team work; I'm just not sure Greece won't have a flawed team in the sense of lacking certain important skill-set, namely shooting from their guards and athletic defenders, guys who can guard face-up 4, in the frontcourt. It depends on their roster, that's why I said I'd like to see their final roster first.

What?

Shooting from the guards? Vasileiadis, Spanoulis, Diamantidis are all guards and are outstanding shooters. They will all be in the team. Charalampidis might also be in the team and is also a guard that is a great shooter.

Athletic defenders? What the hell? Printezis, Pelekanos, Spanoulis, Zisis, Perperoglou, Vasilopoulos, Bramos, Fotsis, Papaloukas, Vasileiadis. What do you mean "athletic defenders"? if there is one thing Greece does not lack is number of options that can guard their position against good athletes.

Guys who can guard face up 4? What in the hell? Kaimakoglou and Printezis can easily do this, especially Printezis. Vasilopoulos, Pelekanos and Diamantidis can also do it. Even Perperoglou can do it.

From these comments you make it is 100% FACT you have never seen Greek players play and you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Obviously you don't even know who players like Vasileiadis and Pelekanos even are from your stupid comments. Greece like any team has weaknesses and not one of the things you listed is what their weaknesses are.

I'm not even bothering to read your posts anymore. You are just a storyteller and are just here to clown the Americans.

Bukefal
05-24-2010, 07:53 PM
I dont know why some of you regard Turkey as a good team, they suck really, they only have 2 better players, of which both are average. You could say they have home advantage, but against teams like usa, greece, france, spain, home advantage would not help anything significantly more. Also, it's not about the 2 better players either, you can have 2 great players, but still suck as a team.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-24-2010, 08:06 PM
This is probably the Australia roster

PG Patrick Mills/CJ Bruton
SG Brad Newley/Glen Saville
SF Joe Ingles/David Barlow
PF Matt Nielsen/Mark Worthington/Shawn Redhage
C Aleks Maric/David Andersen/Aaron Baynes

Also possible is Nathan Jawai, Matthew Dellavedova, Andrew Ogilvy, Adam Gibson, Damian Martin

They have many good players to choose from. Very underrated. They have many good players.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-24-2010, 08:14 PM
I dont know why some of you regard Turkey as a good team, they suck really, they only have 2 better players, of which both are average. You could say they have home advantage, but against teams like usa, greece, france, spain, home advantage would not help anything significantly more. Also, it's not about the 2 better players either, you can have 2 great players, but still suck as a team.

Which two players? You mean the NBA players Hedo and Ilyasova? Well Asik is better than both of them, as long as he does not have to shoot free throws. And it is big deal that Turkey is home. The Turkish fans are really crazy and wild. They should have most of majority of fans in all the games they play.

US players will probably never know what hit them when they see such a crowd if they had to play Turkey in the tournament.

Bukefal
05-25-2010, 03:14 PM
http://turkey2010.fiba.com/images/web/News/Photos/2010/05/21/_483x332/france-usa.jpg

France will play a one-off game against the USA at Madison Square Garden on 15th August as part of the team's preparations for the FIBA World Championship, which begins in Turkey just under a fortnight later.

France will hold training camp from 25th July to 6th August in Pau and take on Tunisia on 7th August. They will travel to Toronto to face Canada - one of their opponents in Izmir's Group D - twice (12th and 13th August).

Vincent Collet's men will then make the trip across the border to challenge Mike Krzyzewski's Team USA as part of a tournament organised by Nike.

The last time the two teams went up against one other on American soil was at the 1984 Olympic Games in Los Angeles.

Should be good, at madison square garden :)

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-29-2010, 05:17 AM
Brazil's roster

PG Marcelo Huertas/Alex Garcia
SG Leandro Barbosa/Marcelo Machado/Jonathan Tavernari
SF Marcus Vinicius/Guilherme Giovanonni
PF Anderson Varejao/J.P. Batista
C Nene/Tiago Splitter/Paulo Prestes

Rafael Hettsheimeir, Valter Apolinario, Betinho Duarte, Augusto Lima are also good possibilities.

Very strong roster that they can put together.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Serbia announced 22 man prelim roster

Milos Teodosic (Olympiacos, Greece)
Stefan Markovic (Hemofarm, Serbia)
Bojan Popovic (Efes Pilsen, Turkey)
Milenko Tepic (Panathinaikos, Greece)
Aleksandar Rasic (Partizan, Serbia)
Uros Tripkovic (DKV Joventut, Spain)
Dragan Milosavljevic (Radnicki Kragujevac, Serbia)
Ivan Paunic (Aris, Greece)
Marco Kešelj (Red Star, Serbia)
Nemanja Bjelica (Red Star)
Mladen Jeremic (FMP Zeleznik, Serbia)
Milan Mačvan (Hemofarm)
Dusko Savanović (Cajasol, Spain)
Novica Velickovic (Real Madrid, Spain)
Zoran Erceg (Panionios, Greece)
Ivan Radenovic (Cajasol)
Luka Bogdanovic (DKV Joventut)
Nenad Krstic (Oklahoma City Thunder, NBA)
Kosta Perovic (Power Electronics Valencia, Spain)
Darko Milicic (Minnesota Timberwolves, NBA)
Miroslav Raduljica (FMP Zeleznik)
Boban Marjanovic (Hemofarm)

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Turkey announced 15 man prelim roster

Oguz Savas
Omer Asik
Omer Onan
Semih Erden
Ender Arslan
Kerem Gonlum
Kerem Tunceri
Sinan Guler
Cehver Ozer
Engin Atsur
Fatih Solak
Evren Buker
Cenk Akyol
Ersan Ilyasova
Hedo Turkoglu

Once again Mogrovejo was proven wrong and proven that he is just a fake. :lmao at Mogrovejo saying Enes Kanter would make their team.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Greece announced 22 man prelim roster. Roster will be shortened to 18 next week after first cut of players.

Papaloukas, Kalampokis and Vasileiadis might get cut because they are injured.

Kostas Vasileiadis
Kostas Tsartsaris
Panagiotis Vasilopoulos
Theodoros Papaloukas
Dimitris Diamantidis
Kostas Papanikolau
Ian Vougioukas
Dimitrios Mavroeidis
Vassilis Spanoulis
Nikos Kalathis
Nikos Zisis
Ioannis Kalampokis
Stratos Perperoglou
Georgios Printezis
Antonis Fotsis
Kostas Kaimakoglou
Kostas Koufos
Ioannis Bourousis
Sofoklis Schortsanitis
Andreas Glyniadakis
Nikos Pappas
Michalis Pelekanos

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-16-2010, 07:54 PM
France 18 man prelim roster

Alexis Ajinca
Nicolas Batum
Rodrigue Beaubois
Yannick Bokolo
Fabian Causeur
Nando De Colo
Boris Diaw
Antoine Diot
Mickaël Gelabale
Edwin Jackson
Alain Koffi
Charles Lombahe-Kahuda
Ian Mahinmi
Joakim Noah
Florent Pietrus
Kevin Seraphim
Ali Traore
Ludovic Vaty

replacement players

Aldo Curti
Dounia Issa
Aymeric Jeanneau
Abdoulaye M'Baye
Adrien Moerman
Johan Petro

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Germany announced their 16 man prelim roster

Steffen Hamann
Lucca Staiger
Demond Greene
Yassin Idbihi
Heiko Schaffartzik
Robin Benzing
Per Guenther
Philipp Schwethelm
Chad Toepper
Konrad Wysocki
Elias Harris
Jan-Hendrik Jagla
Johannes Strasser
Tim Ohlbrecht
Tibor Pleiss
Christopher McNaughton

reserve

Patrick Femerling

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Spain announced 24 man prelim roster

Pablo Aguilar
Carlos Cabezas
Saúl Blanco
José Calderón
Victor Claver
Rudy Fernandez
Germain Gabriel
Jorge Garbajosa
Marc Gasol
Sergio Llull
Raúl López
Rafa Martinez
Alex Mumbrú
Juan Carlos Navarro
Brad Oleson
Felipe Reyes
Berni Rodríguez
Sergio Rodriguez
Ricky Rubio
Victor Sada
Fernando San Emeterio
Carlos Suárez
Juanjo Bunting
Fran Vazquez

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Slovenia announced their 20 man prelim roster

Jaka Lakovic
Sani Becirovic
Sandi Cebular
Goran Dragic
Jaka Klobucar
Beno Udrih
Samo Udrih
Zoran Dragic
Goran Jagodnik
Dino Muric
Bostjan Nachbar
Uros Slokar
Miha Zupan
Primoz Brezec
Matej Krusic
Hasan Rizvic
Gasper Vidmar

reserves

Mirza Begic
Alksandar Capin
Marko Vranjkovic

easy7
06-21-2010, 12:42 PM
I thougth the Laker's were world champions? Just saying...

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-21-2010, 01:01 PM
I thougth the Laker's were world champions? Just saying...

They are NBA champions not world champions. This is according to Stern himself. NBA champ, not world champ. Only stupid ESPN comes up with retarded shit like calling US-Canada winner "world champion".

Notice on the Lakers banner it says NBA champion, not world champion. because they are NOT world champion.

easy7
06-21-2010, 01:05 PM
They are NBA champions not world champions. This is according to Stern himself. NBA champ, not world champ. Only stupid ESPN comes up with retarded shit like calling US-Canada winner "world champion".

Notice on the Lakers banner it says NBA champion, not world champion. because they are NOT world champion.

I told people that and I agree with you but someone even posted a ring that had the inscription "Lakers world champions."

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-21-2010, 01:38 PM
I told people that and I agree with you but someone even posted a ring that had the inscription "Lakers world champions."

The ring maker is retarded.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Spain announced their first cut down to 15 players

Ricky Rubio
Jose Calderon
Sergio Llull
Juan Carlos Navarro
Rafa Martinez
Rudy Fernandez
Fernando San Emeterio
Alex Mumbru
Carlos Suarez
Victor Claver
Jorge Garbajosa
Pablo Aguilar
Felipe Reyes
Fran Vazquez
Marc Gasol

Venti Quattro
06-23-2010, 12:42 PM
The ring maker is retarded.

Don't worry son, the US will lay claim to that title once again, so you can shut up.

dickface
06-23-2010, 01:21 PM

Actually the Lakers and Celtics both still put "World Champions" on their banners. It's retarded, but then again so are the Lakers and Celtics.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Greece announced first cut of their players from 22 to 17.

Vassilis Spanoulis
Ioannis Bourousis
Sofoklis Schortsanitis
Antonis Fotsis
Dimitris Diamantidis
Kostas Vasileiadis
Nikos Zisis
Georgios Printezis
Stratos Perperoglou
Kostas Kaimakoglou
Ian Vougioukas
Kostas Tsartsaris
Panos Vasilopoulos
Loukas Mavrokefalidis
Nikos Kalathis
Nikos Pappas
Kostas Papanikolaou

Papaloukas, Pelekanos, and Mavroeidis did not play. :rolleyes:rolleyes

TE
06-24-2010, 03:14 PM
gonna be an exciting tournament...

KPB, do you by any chance know who is on the USA roster as of now?

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-24-2010, 03:48 PM
gonna be an exciting tournament...

KPB, do you by any chance know who is on the USA roster as of now?

No. They have not announce anything except 31 man selection.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Croatia announced their 17 man prelim roster

Roko Leni Ukic
Zoran Planinic
Marko Popovic
Davor Kus
Marko Tomas
Bojan Bogdanovic
Hrvoje Peric
Rok Stipcevic
Krunoslav Simon
Kresimir Loncar
Marko Banic
Stanko Barac
Ante Tomic
Luka Zoric
Vedran Vukusic
Mario Delas
Leon Radosevic

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-06-2010, 06:01 AM
USA announce the 22 man prelim roster

Chauncey Billups
Stephen Curry
Tyreke Evans
Eric Gordon
Andre Iguodala
O.J. Mayo
Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Deron Williams
LaMarcus Aldridge
Kevin Durant
Rudy Gay
Danny Granger
Jeff Green
Kevin Love
Amar'e Stoudemire
Gerald Wallace
Al Jefferson
Brook Lopez
David Lee
Lamar Odom

Venti Quattro
07-06-2010, 10:48 AM
lol Kendrick Perkins. The dude is injured until December, brah

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Spain announced the roster

PG Jose Calderon/Ricky Rubio/Rafael Martinez
SF Rudy Fernandez/Alex Mumbru
C Marc Gasol/Felipe Reyes/Pablo Aguilar

Not just that Pau is not playing but also no Fernando San Emeterio, Fran Vazquez, Carlos Suarez, Berni Rodriguez, Carlos Cabezas, Raul Lopez, Carlos Jimenez, Sergio Rodriguez, Sergi Vidal, Roger Grimau.....

is very different team than they have used in the past. From there roster they will be top 3 team on paper but no stronger than US and Greece.

I have doubts if this team can beat US team if they meet in semifinal. But depends on how young US team is with roster they are talking about is too young to face such Spanish team probably.

I think if Spain meet Serbia also might lose to them but I still think Spain will be better.

I think if Spain meet Greece in final Greece has excellent chance even without Papaloukas, Vasilopoulos, Pelekanos, Mavroeidis, Koufos, Glyniadakis and all them that are not playing Greece still has excellent chance against that Spain.

Greece front court is a little too strong for that team Spain team I think.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Team USA announce the 15 man preliminary roster:

Chauncey Billups
Tyson Chandler
Stephen Curry
Kevin Durant
Rudy Gay
Eric Gordon
Danny Granger
Jeff Green
Andre Iguodala