Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Can't Start Threads Kill_Bill_Pana's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will start this now because the time is coming soon as rosters are starting.

First is roster for France,

Out of 28 players they have selected this should be their roster taking the best players of ones available at their positions.

France:

PG Rodrigue Beaubois/Nando De Colo/Antoine Diot
    SG Mickael Pietrus/Edwin Jackson
    SF Nicolas Batum/Mickael Gelabale
    PF Boris Diaw/Ali Traore
    C Joakim Noah/Johan Petro/Ian Mahinmi
    Last edited by Kill_Bill_Pana; 05-23-2010 at 04:10 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next is roster for Argentina. From their 16 man preliminary roster this should be the players taken,

Argentina:

PG Pablo Prigioni/Juan Fernandez
    SG Carlos Delfino/Pancho Jasen/Paolo Quinteros
    SF Andres Nocioni/Frederico Kammerichs
    PF Luis Scola/Leonardo Gutierrez
    C Fabricio Oberto/Roman Gonzalez/Juan Gutierrez
    Last edited by Kill_Bill_Pana; 05-23-2010 at 04:10 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Spain has announce probable roster for them, can change but is most probable right now according to their federation.

Spain:

PG Jose Calderon/Ricky Rubio/Sergio Rodriguez
    SG Juan Carlos Navarro/Sergio Llull
    SF Rudy Fernandez/Carlos Suarez
    PF Jorge Garbajosa/Victor Claver
    C Marc Gasol/Fran Vazquez/Felipe Reyes

They are also considering for the team Pablo Aguilar if Garbajosa decides to not play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then is roster for Lithuania. Base on the 24 man selection for them the roster should be probably,

Lithuania:

PG Sarunas Jasikevicius/Rimas Kaukenas/Tomas Delininkaitis
    SG Simas Jasaitis/Martynas Gecevicius
    SF Linas Kleiza/Jonas Maciulis
    PF Ksystof Lavronivic/Mindaugas Katelynas
    C Robertas Javtokas/Darius Lavrinovic/Marius Petravicius

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Meh, wake me up for the US vs. Spain final. Who cares about the field?

Banned
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    it would be interesting to see how spain fare without pau..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brazil will fall to the US on the final...

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Also Spain has announce probable roster for them, can change but is most probable right now according to their federation.

Spain:

PG Jose Calderon/Ricky Rubio/Sergio Rodriguez
    SG Juan Carlos Navarro/Sergio Llull
    SF Rudy Fernandez/Carlos Suarez
    PF Jorge Garbajosa/Victor Claver
    C Marc Gasol/Fran Vazquez/Felipe Reyes

They are also considering for the team Pablo Aguilar if Garbajosa decides to not play.
    Sergio Rodriguez? You're clueless.

Spain:

PG Ricky Rubio/Jose Calderon/Sergio Llull
    SG Juan Carlos Navarro/Rudy Fernandez
    SF Carlos Suarez/Victor Claver
    PF Jorge Garbajosa/Felipe Reyes
    C Marc Gasol/Fran Vazquez

I think the 12th man is going to be San Emeterio. Him or Rafa Martinez. Mumbru and Berni Rodriguez as outsiders.

---------

I'm pretty sure Noah isn't playing for France. Good chance M. Pietrus isn't playing either.

----------

Brazil

PG Marcelinho Huertas/Valtinho
    SG Leandro Barbosa/Marcelinho Machado/Alex
    SF Marquinhos Vinicius/Guilherme Giovannoni
    PF Varejao/Vitor Faverani
    C Tiago Splitter/Nene/Paulão

Yeah, Brazil has a great big man rotation. If they get good play from their guards, they can be a dangerous team.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No chance Brazil beats Greece/Argentina/France/Spain/Lithuania/Serbia,Nene Splitter and Varejao can't lead a team,it's not their style..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, wake me up for the US vs. Spain final. Who cares about the field?
    As usual you have all your facts wrong. US and Spain are in the same bracket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sergio Rodriguez? You're clueless.

Spain:

PG Ricky Rubio/Jose Calderon/Sergio Llull
    SG Juan Carlos Navarro/Rudy Fernandez
    SF Carlos Suarez/Victor Claver
    PF Jorge Garbajosa/Felipe Reyes
    C Marc Gasol/Fran Vazquez

I think the 12th man is going to be San Emeterio. Him or Rafa Martinez. Mumbru and Berni Rodriguez as outsiders.
    You don't even know which is team is in which bracket. You are the only clueless one here. And Llull isn't even a PG. Calderon is the starter for Spain not Rubio and Fernandez also starts for them. You are such a joke.

You have obviously never even seen Spain play.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Go Iran

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    No chance Brazil beats Greece/Argentina/France/Spain/Lithuania/Serbia,Nene Splitter and Varejao can't lead a team,it's not their style..
    Well, they certainly won't win it all, but they can surprise a few of those teams. It only takes one game.

As usual you have all your facts wrong. US and Spain are in the same bracket.
    You have no idea about what you're talking about.

At this point, nobody can know in which bracket teams are going to be because we don't know the final standings of the group stages. Re .

You don't even know which is team is in which bracket. You are the only clueless one here. And Llull isn't even a PG. Calderon is the starter for Spain not Rubio and Fernandez also starts for them. You are such a joke.

You have obviously never even seen Spain play.
    Quoted. We'll see who's right about the roster + the starting PG. Llull is a combo guard.

Now answer my questions about Barcelona, please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, they certainly won't win it all, but they can surprise a few of those teams. It only takes one game.

You have no idea about what you're talking about.

At this point, nobody can know in which bracket teams are going to be because we don't know the final standings of the group stages. Re .

Quoted. We'll see who's right about the roster + the starting PG. Llull is a combo guard.

Now answer my questions about Barcelona, please.

You are a troll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If both teams finish better than 3rd seed in their respective group, they won't meet until the finals. If one team falls below the 2nd seed and one finishes top 1-2 they can meet on their road to the finals.

So nothing is certain - neither a Spain vs. USA final nor those two teams meeting in the playoffs.

Here you go, check out the Schedule after the group phase and do your math.

http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng.../schedule.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If both teams finish better than 3rd seed in their respective group, they won't meet until the finals. If one team falls below the 2nd seed and one finishes top 1-2 they can meet on their road to the finals.

So nothing is certain - neither a Spain vs. USA final nor those two teams meeting in the playoffs.

Here you go, check out the Schedule after the group phase and do your math.

http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng.../schedule.html
    Spain and US won't play each other in the finals.

FIBA alternates the "good schedule" with the "bad schedule" for all teams (except USA who always gets the "good schedule") by their seeding group. The top seed group is US, Spain, Argentina, Greece. The last time Spain had the "good schedule" and Greece had the "bad schedule". This time it is alternated.

Spain and the US would play in the SEMIfinals, not the finals, if they finish first in their groups.
    Last edited by Kill_Bill_Pana; 05-24-2010 at 07:56 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brazil? No way.

It's all about Spain, Greece, France and USA, maybe Serbia too. And France is missing Parker. Greece, I dont think they will do anything significant this time neither will Serbia. So basically it's all about Spain and USA and maybe France.

But of course, it usually will fold out entirely different than what fans expect, so we'll see.

This summer is great. And fifa world cup and fiba world cup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brazil? No way.

It's all about Spain, Greece, France and USA, maybe Serbia too. And France is missing Parker. Greece, I dont think they will do anything significant this time neither will Serbia. So basically it's all about Spain and USA and maybe France.

But of course, it usually will fold out entirely different than what fans expect, so we'll see.

This summer is great. And fifa world cup and fiba world cup
    France will be better without Parker. He hogs the ball too much and he can't shoot from range which is huge problem in FIBA. They will be stronger without Parker.

Greece are good enough to medal. Spain will not have Pau and US roster will be much weaker than 2006 and 2008 probably. The strongest teams are

US (with decent roster, if they have roster like 2004 they will finish 6-8)
    Spain and Greece equal (without Pau they will not cause any more match ups problems for Greece)

after that is teams like Argentina (still very strong people do not realize how good Pancho is to replace Manu) and teams like Serbia, Lithuania, Germany, France, Russia, Slovenia and maybe Turkey is next after them because they are at home. Out of these teams they are dangerous. They are all good enough to beat Spain, US anyone.

Then comes Brazil, Puerto Rico, Croatia, Australia which are still all very good teams. After that is China, Iran, Angola, Lebanon and then teams that are really bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it would be interesting to see how spain fare without pau..
    Vazquez will replace him so not that big of a deal really. With US losing some players Spain could beat the US even without Pau. Not saying they will but no worse than bronze for them even without Pau.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    France will be better without Parker. He hogs the ball too much and he can't shoot from range which is huge problem in FIBA. They will be stronger without Parker.

Greece are good enough to medal. Spain will not have Pau and US roster will be much weaker than 2006 and 2008 probably. The strongest teams are

US (with decent roster, if they have roster like 2004 they will finish 6-8)
    Spain and Greece equal (without Pau they will not cause any more match ups problems for Greece)

after that is teams like Argentina (still very strong people do not realize how good Pancho is to replace Manu) and teams like Serbia, Lithuania, Germany, France, Russia, Slovenia and maybe Turkey is next after them because they are at home. Out of these teams they are dangerous. They are all good enough to beat Spain, US anyone.

Then comes Brazil, Puerto Rico, Croatia, Australia which are still all very good teams. After that is China, Iran, Angola, Lebanon and then teams that are really bad.

I think they'll miss Parker a lot. He was important for France. I forgot about Slovenia, they could show something, they have a solid team, but im not so sure.

Turkey and Germany should considered lower, they suck. No way are they good enough to beat USA or Spain.

I see it like this;

1- USA, Spain, Greece, France.
    2- Serbia, Slovenia, Argentina, Russia.
    3- Croatia, Brasil, Lithuania, Turkey, Germany.
    4- Australia, Puerto Rico, Canada.
    5- China, Iran, Angola, Lebanon, Jordan, Cote d'Ivoire, New Zealand, Tunisia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spain and the US would play in the SEMIfinals, not the finals, if they finish first in their groups.
    If both finish first in their respective group - correct. They would play each other in the semis. If one of them finishes second and the other one first they won't meet until the finals.

It's a bit of nonsense to debate about now. Either way or the other - there's the possibility they meet and the possibility they won't meet until the finals. Nothing is set in stone now.

The possibilty of Spain dropping to seed nr. 2 is unlikely given the group they are in. And if Brazil can't surprise the US should be a lock for the first seed too. So the chance of them meeting in the finals is very slim but still there.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    killbill is a got

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot about Slovenia, they could show something, they have a solid team, but im not so sure.
    Nah, we won't do anything probably. On C,PF,SF we're too weak. We could have a good guard rotation if everyone plays but that's not enough to do something big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they'll miss Parker a lot. He was important for France. I forgot about Slovenia, they could show something, they have a solid team, but im not so sure.

Turkey and Germany should considered lower, they suck. No way are they good enough to beat USA or Spain.

I see it like this;

1- USA, Spain, Greece, France.
    2- Serbia, Slovenia, Argentina, Russia.
    3- Croatia, Brasil, Lithuania, Turkey, Germany.
    4- Australia, Puerto Rico, Canada.
    5- China, Iran, Angola, Lebanon, Jordan, Cote d'Ivoire, New Zealand, Tunisia.
    Turkey will be at home and they have a lot of big and strong players. They will be dangerous as long as Hedo does not play so horrible as he did last year.

Last couple times Dirk played like crap for Germany and in Olympics Kaman was awful. But if they play OK Germany would be a very good team.

They have a lot of good players like Pleiss, Harris, Benzing, and Oblrecht is not that bad either. Then they have Schaffartzik who is a really great point guard for sure he is one of the best point guards in all Europe.

If Dirk and Kaman play as bad as they did before then Germany will not do anything but if they play OK they have a strong team even with players like Schaffartzik and Benzing by themselves can take over games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If both finish first in their respective group - correct. They would play each other in the semis. If one of them finishes second and the other one first they won't meet until the finals.

It's a bit of nonsense to debate about now. Either way or the other - there's the possibility they meet and the possibility they won't meet until the finals. Nothing is set in stone now.

The possibilty of Spain dropping to seed nr. 2 is unlikely given the group they are in. And if Brazil can't surprise the US should be a lock for the first seed too. So the chance of them meeting in the finals is very slim but still there.
    If US does not get first seed they will not meet in finals. Very simple. If US does not get first seed it means they lost to 2 games out of the games against Croatia, Brazil and Slovenia. If US loses 2 of those 3 games there is no way they will beat teams like Serbia or France after that.

So once again Spain and US will not play in the finals against each other.

Thread Information