View Full Version : How many more titles will the Lakers win in 5 years

InRareForm
07-19-2010, 09:59 PM
A. zero

B. one

C. two to three

SpursDynasty
07-19-2010, 10:04 PM
It depends on which big gets hurt. In 2009 it was Yao Ming, 2010 it was Kendrick Perkins. If those guys don't get hurt, the current Lakers have 0 championships.

lefty
07-19-2010, 10:08 PM
The L.A Heat are gonna win 5 titles

Giuseppe
07-19-2010, 10:39 PM
It's a stupid thread, like when you fools cite 121-63.:rolleyes

Darrin
07-19-2010, 10:46 PM
A. zero

B. one

C. two to three

A. And this is conditional on the Kobe Bryant we saw the second half of last season. He's not getting lift on his jumper anymore (creating seperation). His legs looked dead. If that is the Bryant, at 37,000 minutes in the regular-season and 198 postseason games, at the age of 32 we will see the rest of his career, the Lakers will need to adjust to Andrew Bynum and Ron Artest as their bread-and-butter.

They were lucky this year that they got the needed contributions from those guys to make up for Kobe's inability to get his shot off. It's very disconcerting. Even when Kobe would take a bad shot, he still got it off. Last year was the first time I saw him not get over his defender, not create seperation with his two-steps, to pump-fake on the perimeter, and not look great in the open floor.

I think he's done as the best player in the league and I say that as a fan of the guy the past three seasons.

Venti Quattro
07-19-2010, 10:49 PM
One, two tops.

TheKingOfMIA6
07-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Probably one or more but I hope for zero.

PGDynasty24
07-19-2010, 10:59 PM
It depends on which big gets hurt. In 2009 it was Yao Ming, 2010 it was Kendrick Perkins. If those guys don't get hurt, the current Lakers have 0 championships.

LOL 09 we were up 2-1 vs Rockets and '10 Perkins missed 1 game. But you probably don't remember that because I believe in 09 u were losing in 1st round and '10 you were getting swept

Giuseppe
07-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Darrin, gettin' his crock of shit on.

TinTin
07-19-2010, 11:04 PM

So what is your take deskboy?

Giuseppe
07-19-2010, 11:05 PM
LOL 09 we were up 2-1 vs Rockets and '10 Perkins missed 1 game. But you probably don't remember that because I believe in 09 u were losing in 1st round and '10 you were getting swept

I wouldn't give these fucks the time of day, Dynasty. It's an assassination thread like the one Luva laid on these humps this morning. Tit for tat.

They have to live with 16 for at least the next 11 months. And there ain't one thing they can do about cept like it.

Let us proceed...

Giuseppe
07-19-2010, 11:06 PM
So what is your take deskboy?

Like I said my take is: we rang a month ago/you can't change that/so you're pissin' in the community well.

Knock yerself out.

Greg Oden
07-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Cully I thought I told you to stop that.

Darrin
07-19-2010, 11:15 PM

I didn't want to believe it when it was Ben Wallace. I wanted to max the guy out in 2006. It happens to all of us. You are ignoring the obvious because you are a fan. We're a year or two away from "Where did Kobe go?" stories.

JamStone
07-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Did you watch Kobe in the playoffs?

He may have sucked at times. And not every single game did he have his legs. But there were games, especially against Utah and Phoenix, where he still had (not elite but) very good athleticism. That was with a less than healthy knee.

There were plenty of games where he had no problem getting his shot off, even against good defense.

MiamiHeat
07-19-2010, 11:58 PM
yes Jamstone, against the shitty defensive teams like the Suns, players shine offensively. we know.

the simple answer to this thread : zero. The Miami Heat have arrived.

BUMP
07-20-2010, 12:05 AM
It's a stupid thread, like when you fools cite 121-63.:rolleyes

Another amazing basketball take from Cubby :tu

BUMP
07-20-2010, 12:06 AM
Like I said my take is: we rang a month ago/you can't change that/so you're pissin' in the community well.

Knock yerself out.

:wow

Such spectacular knowledge of the game

N4th4n
07-20-2010, 12:08 AM
yes Jamstone, against the shitty defensive teams like the Suns, players shine offensively. we know.

If Amare was the the Miami Heat, he would instantly become their best defensive big man. That is how fucking terrible your team's defensive front is going to be.

Pure
Fucking
Garbage

Giuseppe
07-20-2010, 12:23 AM
We're a year or two away from "Where did Kobe go?" stories.

"two away"....That'd be 17 years in the league at that point. :rolleyes

Giuseppe
07-20-2010, 12:25 AM
:wow

Such spectacular knowledge of the game

Not too long ago I recall you singin' my praises, BUMP. Now, I can do no right.

cobbler
07-20-2010, 12:33 AM
Kobe played for 3 years straight when you consider 3 finals appearances, the FIBA world championships, and the Olympics. He was banged up with the finger and knee issues the second half of the season and still had a remarkable run through the playoffs. Pau also put in the same minutes over that time period. Drew was hurt throughout the playoffs and actually finally showed some grit attempting to play through it. Lamar was also playing with shoulder issues.

Yes, all teams deal with such issues so I am not at all making excuses. You don't have to make excuses when you are polishing your 16th. My point is that Kobe and Drew will have thier off seson surgeries as Lamar contemplates doing the same. Kobe and Pau will be more rested this year than the previous 3. The west will be a cakewalk and should allow PJ the luxury limiting the veterans minutes while giving the new players on the team some valuable in season time on the floor.

The Miami Heat spectacle was a pure blessing for the Lakers in several ways. Repeating is a tough road to travel. Miami is going to have that target on their backs that the Lakers teams have had for many many years. The Lakers are not the most hated team anymore. Let's see how they handle the day to day pressures of the hunted. We already know Lebron doesnt have the makeup to handle it by his own admission. Let's see if they can handle the pressure collectively and get out of the east. The motivation factor to put them in thier place will fuel our boys.

Lakers are the team to beat and win 2 of the next 3. Depending on player movement over the 3 years maybe more after.

Kobe is far from done and opinions like Darrin's above only stoke the flames.

It will be 18-17 within 3 years. Count it. :toast

BUMP
07-20-2010, 12:39 AM

Way to go out on a limb :tu

N4th4n
07-20-2010, 12:54 AM

Would it have been a better post if he said 23-45 in the next 3 years? I have a feeling there was no winning with you in this situation. :bang

HarlemHeat37
07-20-2010, 12:55 AM
Kobe played for 3 years straight when you consider 3 finals appearances, the FIBA world championships, and the Olympics. He was banged up with the finger and knee issues the second half of the season and still had a remarkable run through the playoffs. Pau also put in the same minutes over that time period. Drew was hurt throughout the playoffs and actually finally showed some grit attempting to play through it. Lamar was also playing with shoulder issues.

Yes, all teams deal with such issues so I am not at all making excuses. You don't have to make excuses when you are polishing your 16th. My point is that Kobe and Drew will have thier off seson surgeries as Lamar contemplates doing the same. Kobe and Pau will be more rested this year than the previous 3. The west will be a cakewalk and should allow PJ the luxury limiting the veterans minutes while giving the new players on the team some valuable in season time on the floor.

The Miami Heat spectacle was a pure blessing for the Lakers in several ways. Repeating is a tough road to travel. Miami is going to have that target on their backs that the Lakers teams have had for many many years. The Lakers are not the most hated team anymore. Let's see how they handle the day to day pressures of the hunted. We already know Lebron doesnt have the makeup to handle it by his own admission. Let's see if they can handle the pressure collectively and get out of the east. The motivation factor to put them in thier place will fuel our boys.

Lakers are the team to beat and win 2 of the next 3. Depending on player movement over the 3 years maybe more after.

Kobe is far from done and opinions like Darrin's above only stoke the flames.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

cobbler
07-20-2010, 01:07 AM

Limb? Im simply saying the Lakers will win two of the next 3 and take a 18-17 lead over the Celts in ships... No limb.

DazedAndConfused
07-20-2010, 01:34 AM
Every year the haters say Kobe is done, and every year Kobe proves them wrong. Just like clockwork.

Lakers have a legitimate shot at a maximum of 3 titles, but most likely the will end up with 1-2 more. All in all, fine by me. We've had a miraculous decade and I'm extremely pleased as a fan with what the Laker organization has done.

Haters continue your circle jerk. Lakers still got that #16

Amuseddaysleeper
07-20-2010, 02:04 AM
I think Kobe is really going to start to break down, and the competition in the coming years will only get tougher. They will have more final appearances but I think their days of holding the trophy are running out.

Props to Kobe, one hell of a player.

TheManFromAcme
07-20-2010, 06:39 AM

Going out on a limb?

You guys in here are probably the same bunch that doubted this Laker team would even get 2. I am willing to bet you guys are the same bunch that doubted any Laker championships this whole freakin decade.

How does it feel to have feet in your ignorant mouths? :rolleyes

The last 10 years = 5 LOB's for the Lakers with potentially 6.

Not bad for going out on "limbs". Idiots.

Darrin
07-20-2010, 09:32 AM
"two away"....That'd be 17 years in the league at that point. :rolleyes

And he'd be 34. Secondly, it asks me to project out 5 years.

Sportcamper
07-20-2010, 10:19 AM
Nice Poll...:lol

Lakers take 2 out of 5...

Giuseppe
07-20-2010, 10:21 AM
You fucks ain't no better obsessing & ruminating over Bryant as I'm doing likewise over the Suns.

Not one f'in bit.

Big shots.

ha!

easy7
07-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Cabron James and the NWO "might" win most of them the next 5 years but I see the Lakers whinning one next year.

Kermit
07-20-2010, 12:31 PM
One. If they don't win next year, they probably won't win for a while.

MiamiHeat
07-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Every year the haters say Kobe is done, and every year Kobe proves them wrong. Just like clockwork.

he is done. 6-24. Derek Fisher could claim finals MVP over kobe.

the Lakers are just a stacked team, where kobe can suck ass, and his team will carry him to win anyway.

JamStone
07-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Going out on a limb?

You guys in here are probably the same bunch that doubted this Laker team would even get 2. I am willing to bet you guys are the same bunch that doubted any Laker championships this whole freakin decade.

How does it feel to have feet in your ignorant mouths? :rolleyes

The last 10 years = 5 LOB's for the Lakers with potentially 6.

Not bad for going out on "limbs". Idiots.

4 in the last 10 years.

My Fault
07-20-2010, 03:46 PM

:lmao Yes they have with everyone slicing through the butter like post defense like a hot knife.

scottspurs
07-20-2010, 04:14 PM
I think the biggest factor is Phil Jackson. If next season is his last stand for him or whatever I say they have a shot at one more. If they do win next season and Phil does come back for a 4-peat then I say the 2011-2012 season is the last possible year I see them as contenders unless they find a new #1 option over Gasol and Bryant because by then the mileage would be too much. If they don't win next year then I honestly believe the Kobe/Phil Era is over.

IMO within the next three years the Thunder will be the lone top dog in the West with the Blazers being a distance second. I think the power is definitely swinging towards the East where I could see several title contenders over the next few years. The Miami Heat obviously, Orlando, Chicago, and Atlanta. Also don't sleep on the Bucks or the Knicks if they are able to get Carmelo and Paul which I doubt.

JamStone
07-20-2010, 04:50 PM

Just for comparative reference...

Dwyane Wade shot 42% from the field against Phoenix this year.

Kobe shot 52% in the playoffs against Phoenix, 54% in the regular season.

And that's a banged up, allegedly declining Kobe.

Phoenix isn't some great defensive team, we know. But what Kobe did against Phoenix, especially in the playoffs when teams play harder defensively, he showed he's not quite "done" as some have suggested.

Ashy Larry
07-20-2010, 04:57 PM
hopefully 5

Cane
07-20-2010, 05:10 PM
All depends on whose healthy in the West and East. LA only finished 2 wins higher than the second seed in the West and with the amount of miles they've got, they could definitely use HCA. Bynum doesn't seem like he'll ever stay healthy and Kobe probably won't look any younger going on a 2nd 3-peat (but if they do win he could ride with Lance Armstrong). For the Heat, Wade's been injury prone in the past, Bosh's face got fractured before the playoffs (I wouldn't be surprised to see their Florida rival, Dwight Howard, throw some nasty elbows that way), and whatever the fuck happened to LeBron and his Lelbow?

FWIW Some averages per game versus Boston in the playoffs:

Kobe: .405% FG, 29 pts, 3.9 assists, 8 rebounds, 0.7 blocks, 2.1 steals, 3.9 TO, 3.9 PF
Wade: .564% FG, 33 pts, 6.8 assists, 5.6 rebounds, 1.6 blocks, 1.6 steals, 5.2 TO, 3.2 PF
James: .447% FG, 27 pts, 7.2 assists, 9.3 rebounds, 1.3 blocks, 2.2 steals, 4.5 TO, 2 PF

Right now I say they've got a good chance for one or two more titles but it all depends on health and how dominant Miami can be in their first years. Imo they absolutely need Phil Jackson as well to keep that team running on a high gear.

PDXSpursFan
07-20-2010, 05:10 PM
2011 - 50% chance
2012 - 30% chance
2013+ - nil

jacobdrj
07-20-2010, 05:13 PM
I didn't want to believe it when it was Ben Wallace. I wanted to max the guy out in 2006. It happens to all of us. You are ignoring the obvious because you are a fan. We're a year or two away from "Where did Kobe go?" stories.

IMHO he would have been a lot better off had he stayed. I think the reports of Ben Wallace's demise had been greatly exaggerated... Skiles didn't know how to use him. Ben was and is a system player.

And the fact is, he did in Chicago exactly what he was paid to do: Beat Shaq (Miami) in the playoffs. He did just that.

jacobdrj
07-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Just for comparative reference...

Dwyane Wade shot 42% from the field against Phoenix this year.

Kobe shot 52% in the playoffs against Phoenix, 54% in the regular season.

And that's a banged up, allegedly declining Kobe.

Phoenix isn't some great defensive team, we know. But what Kobe did against Phoenix, especially in the playoffs when teams play harder defensively, he showed he's not quite "done" as some have suggested.

I think the issue there is a EC player playing 2 times a year against a WC team. WC basketball causes problems for EC teams in short bursts because of the offensive nature of the teams. Had Wade been in the West and played Phx 3-4/7-10 times a year, he would adjust to the open style of the defense and put up better numbers.

kwamay_brown54
07-20-2010, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE=scottspurs;4525337]I think the biggest factor is Phil Jackson. If next season is his last stand for him or whatever I say they have a shot at one more. If they do win next season and Phil does come back for a 4-peat then I say the 2011-2012 season is the last possible year I see them as contenders unless they find a new #1 option over Gasol and Bryant because by then the mileage would be too much. If they don't win next year then I honestly believe the Kobe/Phil Era is over.

If next year is the last year for Bryant/Gasol because of too much mileage, than what about the archaic Tim Duncan and crew. How can you say the Spurs are still contenders, yet discredit a 2 time defending champ using the same logic? Was Grant Hill and Channing Frye raping Mr. Fundamental in front of your eyes not enough evidence for you that Duncan/Pop/Ginobili are finished? I'm including year 2008-2010, when you were convinced you were still a championship caliber team as well. :lmao

cobbler
07-20-2010, 05:45 PM

Nice baskeball take.

And it's no coincidence that in the "this message board has gotten so bad so fast" thread that you were far and away mentioned the most times as the idiot that is the worst offender. Go figure.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
07-20-2010, 05:52 PM
I'll believe Kobe and Gasol are declining when it actually shows. It hasn't yet and they're hungry for more. Boston is still in the hunt, and so are the Spurs. Face it, with their core pieces intact, The Spurs and Lakers have 2 titles each and the Celtics 1. Heat have the other but this is a new team. I don't count Detroit 2004 because their team isn't the same. I don't count the 3peat Lakers or the 2003 Spurs because Shaq and the Admiral are gone.

I think LeBron is delusional thinking he's getting 8 championships. He'll be lucky to get one before the new big 3 can opt out in 2014. They just are too green now and need to pick up help with the MLE every year. Besides, the rest of the NBA is on notice and motivated to beat them. Their team has failure written all over it, and Heat fans will see come post season.

So, next 4 years I see Lakers getting 2 more titles.

The other 2 will go to (Pick any two, same team is ok)
Lakers
Spurs
Celtics
Heat
Magic
Bulls
Thunder.
Blazers
Nuggets

Giuseppe
07-20-2010, 05:52 PM
Was Grant Hill and Channing Frye raping Mr. Fundamental in front of your eyes not enough evidence for you that Duncan/Pop/Ginobili are finished?

The smell of skunk still lingers in the Phoenix Metro area.

Oh, it's awful.

Oh.

Kori Ellis
07-20-2010, 05:53 PM
In the next five years, the Lakers will win two, the Heat will win two, and the Spurs will win one :drunk

Giuseppe
07-20-2010, 05:56 PM
The Princess, with a prediction. I God's!

cobbler
07-20-2010, 06:00 PM
The new CBA could really hurt the Heats future chances if they toss the MLE.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
07-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Oh, I only picked next 4 years. All Lakers contracts expire in 2014. Who knows what shape they'll be in then and if they can still make a run at a title if they all re-sign.

Too many variables beyond year 4, even for the Heat, their big 3 can opt out. Almost too many beyond next year. Melo and CP3 could join up anywhere and take it all.

JamStone
07-20-2010, 06:31 PM
I think the issue there is a EC player playing 2 times a year against a WC team. WC basketball causes problems for EC teams in short bursts because of the offensive nature of the teams. Had Wade been in the West and played Phx 3-4/7-10 times a year, he would adjust to the open style of the defense and put up better numbers.

If you go back to why I posted those, it wasn't to suggest Wade was bad against the Suns. It's more about the issue at debate whether Kobe is "done" or not. I'd concede that Kobe has lost some of his athleticism he had, even athleticism he had 3-4 years ago. But I challenge the thought that he's done or that he is no longer able to create separation to get his shot off. Against weaker defenses or not, Kobe showed in the playoffs that he's not quite done and physically he's probably better than what he showed in the playoffs because he was playing on a bum knee.

gaKNOW!blee
07-20-2010, 06:33 PM
More than the MAVS!!!!

peteee
07-20-2010, 07:50 PM
it depends on how many more years Kobe still has to play at his current level. Dude has been playing for 14yrs so it isn't supposed to be very long before everything starts to decline for him, like exactly what happened to T-Mac, VC, AI, etc....

21_Blessings
07-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Dude has been playing for 14yrs so it isn't supposed to be very long before everything starts to decline for him, like exactly what happened to T-Mac, VC, AI, etc....

You can add D-Wade to that list pretty soon with the way he plays. Kobe went head to head with MJ. Outlasted all usurpers. 14 years later still the best basketball player on the planet. :lol

Kobe's game doesn't rely on athleticism and as long as the Lakers are fielding the best big man rotation in the NBA you can bank on the Lakers being contenders. Kobe can get his from the wing or low-block into his late 30's. He's not going anywhere.

Sorry NBA :(

spursfan1000
07-20-2010, 08:20 PM
I would say Lakers win one more championship in the next 5 years, but it's not going to be next season.

Giuseppe
07-20-2010, 09:10 PM
like exactly what happened to T-Mac, VC, AI, etc....

The aforementioned fellows have never invested themselves whole-heartedly into the conflict as Bryant has. They're ne'er do wells, losers, mutts, assholes.

Peteee, every fucking time I think you're finally turning a corner and acting like somebody you pull a boner like this.

GD you.

HarlemHeat37
07-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Nice baskeball take.

And it's no coincidence that in the "this message board has gotten so bad so fast" thread that you were far and away mentioned the most times as the idiot that is the worst offender. Go figure.

:lol What an idiot..

The OP that made that thread mentioned me as one of the best posters here..then you came rushing to the thread, crying about it, writing a massive rant about me LOL..

The only times I was mentioned in the thread other than that was by Laker fans crying about me, for obvious reasons..

http://dailyelements.com/secondteam.gif

Kevin Durant 35
07-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Next year will be Lakers last chance to win a championship and after that its going to be Thunder and or the Heat winning Championships.

Giuseppe
07-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Next year will be Lakers last chance to win a championship and after that its going to be Thunder and or the Heat winning Championships.

The Thunder will be a nice developmental league tool for the top tier, large market teams. OKC's biggest claim to fame is McVeigh squared it with the house there.

-30-

Venti Quattro
07-20-2010, 10:26 PM
hopefully 5
:toast :toast :toast :toast :toast

JamStone
07-20-2010, 10:31 PM

The OP that made that thread mentioned me as one of the best posters here..then you came rushing to the thread, crying about it, writing a massive rant about me LOL..

The only times I was mentioned in the thread other than that was by Laker fans crying about me, for obvious reasons..

But you also called yourself an unbiased and balanced poster in that thread.

:rollin

HarlemHeat37
07-20-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm not an unbiased and balanced poster?..

I'm clearly a balanced poster, no argument there..

As for unbiased, I guess I could see how Kobe fan thinks I'm biased, but I disagree..I'm pretty fair with my assessments of Kobe and the Lakers IMO..

JamStone
07-20-2010, 10:36 PM
You're not unbiased.

http://dailyelements.com/firstteam.gif trumps.

HarlemHeat37
07-20-2010, 10:39 PM
How am I not unbiased?..

JamStone
07-20-2010, 10:44 PM
You resort to "you root for a rapist" comments as part of your arguments regarding Kobe.

HarlemHeat37
07-20-2010, 10:45 PM
It doesn't really have anything to do with my arguments, I just like to sprinkle it in on the side after the argument, it doesn't really affect my judgment, TBH..

Would you say you're unbiased?..

JamStone
07-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Bringing it into a topic about basketball automatically makes you biased.

No, I'm not unbiased.

cobbler
07-20-2010, 11:21 PM

Keep convincing yourself!!!!

Awfully defensive. But then again, most racists are. :toast

lol at came rushing. Just simply pointed out that the op was ranting about the racist comments in threads and that you are one of the worst offenders here.

You are awfully defensive. But then again, most racists are. :toast

Your overuse of "TBH" also suggests that not only are you a racist liar, but most likely a dishonest person as well. I guess well see when you welch come June.

Giuseppe
07-20-2010, 11:23 PM
ha, ha, Har gettin' his ass spanked. ha, ha.