PDA

View Full Version : Accepted

Gutter92
10-27-2010, 10:36 AM
So today I got accepted, into the University of Illinois! I initially, applied as an English major, but I got accepted as a Linguistics; I will most likely look towards, teaching English as a second languege.

desflood
10-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Ha ha, trolling bastard got me! Should have looked at the punctuation between the words; would have known better right away :lol

AmericanWoman
10-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Take a spelling class too.

Creepn
10-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Taking back my congrats!

:ihit

MannyIsGod
10-27-2010, 10:40 AM
I call bullshit on this thread. You were just working on your essay a couple of days ago. Now I know you're a troll.

ashbeeigh
10-27-2010, 10:42 AM
I call bullshit on this thread. You were just working on your essay a couple of days ago. Now I know you're a troll.

For once I agree. It took 2.5 weeks for me to even know they got my paperwork at USC and that's just over a few thousand miles away. If you're in wherever you are....it would take a bit longer.

Gutter92
10-27-2010, 10:43 AM

I checked my application online, it said I was accepted =]

Going out to lunch with my family in a few, will post screenshot of my application accepted later!!

I didn't know it was possible to be accepted into something I didn't apply for; I don't believe Linguistics major is same as English major hehe

Gutter92
10-27-2010, 10:44 AM
For once I agree. It took 2.5 weeks for me to even know they got my paperwork at USC and that's just over a few thousand miles away. If you're in wherever you are....it would take a bit longer.

I live in Champaign, literally a few minutes from campus.

MannyIsGod
10-27-2010, 10:46 AM

I live in Champaign, literally a few minutes from campus.

:lmao

I'll give you this much, you're an entertaining troll.

MannyIsGod
10-27-2010, 10:47 AM

Its not about distance - its about colleges taking their sweet fucking time to process shit.

baseline bum
10-27-2010, 10:48 AM
No one gets fucking accepted in October. :lol

Gutter92
10-27-2010, 10:49 AM

This is false; I am graduating early from my high school (1 semester early), and it was either applying now for my 1st semester to be in January, or going to Parkland College for a semester, or not doing shit for a semester.

baseline bum
10-27-2010, 10:50 AM
LOL @ applying English and getting accepted linguistics. They're two subjects that are completely different. It would be like applying theater and getting in engineering.

resistanze
10-27-2010, 11:02 AM
WTF? :lol

Cry Havoc
10-27-2010, 11:09 AM
I checked my application online, it said I was accepted =]

Going out to lunch with my family in a few, will post screenshot of my application accepted later!!

I didn't know it was possible to be accepted into something I didn't apply for; I don't believe Linguistics major is same as English major hehe

http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

coyotes_geek
10-27-2010, 11:14 AM
LOL @ applying English and getting accepted linguistics. They're two subjects that are completely different. It would be like applying theater and getting in engineering.

That's exactly what happened to me. I applied to A&M as a psychology major and 37 minutes later I found out that I had been accepted, but traded to civil engineering for a hottie juco transfer and a freshman to be named later.

DeadlyDynasty
10-27-2010, 11:18 AM
They have over a 65% acceptance rate (probably higher for in-state applicants)...all you had to do was put a stamp on the envelope, tbh

Jekka
10-27-2010, 11:23 AM
And now I KNOW that you're a troll. Hopefully you DO actually study linguistics one day so that someone will teach you about syntax.

baseline bum
10-27-2010, 11:29 AM
They have over a 65% acceptance rate (probably higher for in-state applicants)...all you had to do was put a stamp on the envelope, tbh

That's a pretty surprising stat, since they're considered to have one of the best engineering programs in the country, I believe.

ALVAREZ6
10-27-2010, 11:37 AM

so not only did you receive the fastest feedback ever from a more selective school, but you also were clearly unqualified given your writing skills, especially for studying English..

get outta here

Jekka
10-27-2010, 11:42 AM
That's a pretty surprising stat, since they're considered to have one of the best engineering programs in the country, I believe.

The statistic doesn't take into account a lot of things, though - for one, it doesn't specify a graduation rate. Secondly, some departments/colleges within a university are much more difficult to get into than others. Take, for instance, all of the kids who apply for UT's School of Geosciences or School of Education only to transfer into the Business school once they've been there a semester or two.

Creepn
10-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Post the letter and you can pwn all these guys!

Cry Havoc
10-27-2010, 12:47 PM
So today I got accepted, into the University of Illinois! I initially, applied as an English major, but I got accepted as a Linguistics; I will most likely look towards, teaching English as a second languege.

One could say that you have a shoulder up on your education.

DisAsTerBot
10-27-2010, 12:49 PM
One could say that you have a shoulder up on your education.

:rollin

LoneStarState'sPride
10-27-2010, 12:52 PM

As much as I'd love to agree w/ you and call out a troll (hey, it's fun!), it's perfectly possible to be accepted in October. I handcarried my application to the admissions office at A&M my senior year in October (we were in town for a football game anyway), and I got verbally accepted basically right off the bat. Got my official letter in like two days (same thing happened to my little brother last year). idk how it works for Illinois, but at TAMU if you're an automatic academic admit they don't really even fucking look at your application (wasted some time on my college essays, but whatever lol) :lol

Gutter92
10-27-2010, 01:08 PM
http://img837.imageshack.us/f/accepted.jpg/

http://img837.imageshack.us/f/accepted.jpg/

ashbeeigh
10-27-2010, 01:13 PM
And i thought I was the only one that got the damn MSW ads on the side. Geez. They already have 6,000 of my money.

Well then. Good luck making it through the first semester.

Cry Havoc
10-27-2010, 01:18 PM
"Congratulations on your admissions"

O RLY? I guess the U of I doesn't bother with silly things like spell checks these days. :lol

Gutter92
10-27-2010, 01:20 PM
"Congratulations on your admissions"

O RLY? I guess the U of I doesn't bother with silly things like spell checks these days. :lol

Cause spell check catches these things right?

As far as I know, it can't tell what context you are intending to write something in, only if it is spelled correctly or not.

baseline bum
10-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Nice ``acceptance letter'' there

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/2600/accepteda.png

Gutter92
10-27-2010, 02:02 PM

lmao you have photoshopping skills

How can I prove that mine isn't photoshopped short of giving my email password out or taking a picture of my screen lol

ploto
10-27-2010, 02:07 PM

Schools with rolling admission do accept people in October, although I have my doubts about this troll.

DeadlyDynasty
10-27-2010, 02:19 PM

The Reckoning
10-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Take, for instance, all of the kids who apply for UT's School of Geosciences or School of Education only to transfer into the Business school once they've been there a semester or two.

more like the opposite :lol

i know several people who were business or engineering and ended up transferring into UTeach or geosciences.

to transfer into business (engineering as well) is really difficult. you have to have atleast 24 hours in residence with a 3.8 gpa and both cal 1 and 2. you also can't have been in college more than four semesters.

architecture is the same way. my gf barely got in (shes a junior but they accepted her as a freshman so none of her design courses counted) and she had a 3.93 with cal 1, 2 and physics all taken in residence. out of a pool of 100 or so applicants, they only accepted ONE (gf was number two, so she filed a petition and thats when they put her with the fish) for the internal transfer. they didn't tell them how many would be accepted until the decision was made to only allow one person in.

point of story. dont ever center your college plans around transferring. get your undergrad out of the way and focus on your masters if you don't initially make it.

coyotes_geek
10-27-2010, 02:55 PM
I call BS. If you're enrolling directly out of high school, they wouldn't be referring you to some Transfer Student Checklist. You're not a transfer student.

Also, I have a hard time believing they would send you an email telling you you've been accepted under a subject "Choose Illinois!".

Gutter92
10-27-2010, 03:13 PM
I call BS. If you're enrolling directly out of high school, they wouldn't be referring you to some Transfer Student Checklist. You're not a transfer student.

Also, I have a hard time believing they would send you an email telling you you've been accepted under a subject "Choose Illinois!".

You're the first one to notice :lol

Thats my buddy's email, believe it or not, they actually sent him one (an acceptance letter, ~7 days after he applied) with that as the subject lmao

Good catch coyotes

Sisk
10-27-2010, 03:15 PM

I got accepted to A&M a few days ago. Applied for the Spring semester.

However, this guy is totally full of shit and one of the best trolls on ST

IronMexican
10-27-2010, 03:20 PM

Gutter92
10-27-2010, 03:29 PM
I got accepted to A&M a few days ago. Applied for the Spring semester.

However, this guy is totally full of shit and one of the best trolls on ST

Yet none of my troll accounts got approved yet :(

z0sa
10-27-2010, 03:32 PM
:lmao @ BB

Cry Havoc
10-27-2010, 04:42 PM
You're the first one to notice :lol

Thats my buddy's email, believe it or not, they actually sent him one (an acceptance letter, ~7 days after he applied) with that as the subject lmao

Good catch coyotes

FAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

You suck at this. You fooled, what, one person?

Gutter92
10-27-2010, 04:58 PM
FAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

You suck at this. You fooled, what, one person?

I got a lot of help on my college app essay!

I even got a PM with a somewhat decent version of the bullshit I threw together :lol