Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Name
    Ed Induh Gutter
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So today I got accepted, into the University of Illinois! I initially, applied as an English major, but I got accepted as a Linguistics; I will most likely look towards, teaching English as a second languege.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ha ha, trolling bas got me! Should have looked at the punctuation between the words; would have known better right away
    Last edited by desflood; 10-27-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Take a spelling class too.

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Taking back my congrats!

Last edited by Creepn; 10-27-2010 at 05:00 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I call bull on this thread. You were just working on your essay a couple of days ago. Now I know you're a troll.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    I call bull on this thread. You were just working on your essay a couple of days ago. Now I know you're a troll.
    For once I agree. It took 2.5 weeks for me to even know they got my paperwork at USC and that's just over a few thousand miles away. If you're in wherever you are....it would take a bit longer.

Name
    Ed Induh Gutter
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I checked my application online, it said I was accepted =]

Going out to lunch with my family in a few, will post screenshot of my application accepted later!!

I didn't know it was possible to be accepted into something I didn't apply for; I don't believe Linguistics major is same as English major hehe

Name
    Ed Induh Gutter
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    For once I agree. It took 2.5 weeks for me to even know they got my paperwork at USC and that's just over a few thousand miles away. If you're in wherever you are....it would take a bit longer.
    I live in Champaign, literally a few minutes from campus.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I live in Champaign, literally a few minutes from campus.

I'll give you this much, you're an entertaining troll.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Its not about distance - its about colleges taking their sweet ing time to process .

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    No one gets ing accepted in October.

Name
    Ed Induh Gutter
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This is false; I am graduating early from my high school (1 semester early), and it was either applying now for my 1st semester to be in January, or going to Parkland College for a semester, or not doing for a semester.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    LOL @ applying English and getting accepted linguistics. They're two subjects that are completely different. It would be like applying theater and getting in engineering.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    WTF?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I checked my application online, it said I was accepted =]

Going out to lunch with my family in a few, will post screenshot of my application accepted later!!

I didn't know it was possible to be accepted into something I didn't apply for; I don't believe Linguistics major is same as English major hehe

Scrumtrulescent
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    LOL @ applying English and getting accepted linguistics. They're two subjects that are completely different. It would be like applying theater and getting in engineering.
    That's exactly what happened to me. I applied to A&M as a psychology major and 37 minutes later I found out that I had been accepted, but traded to civil engineering for a hottie juco transfer and a freshman to be named later.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    They have over a 65% acceptance rate (probably higher for in-state applicants)...all you had to do was put a stamp on the envelope, tbh

Name
    Jess
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    And now I KNOW that you're a troll. Hopefully you DO actually study linguistics one day so that someone will teach you about syntax.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    They have over a 65% acceptance rate (probably higher for in-state applicants)...all you had to do was put a stamp on the envelope, tbh
    That's a pretty surprising stat, since they're considered to have one of the best engineering programs in the country, I believe.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

so not only did you receive the fastest feedback ever from a more selective school, but you also were clearly unqualified given your writing skills, especially for studying English..

get outta here

Name
    Jess
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    That's a pretty surprising stat, since they're considered to have one of the best engineering programs in the country, I believe.
    The statistic doesn't take into account a lot of things, though - for one, it doesn't specify a graduation rate. Secondly, some departments/colleges within a university are much more difficult to get into than others. Take, for instance, all of the kids who apply for UT's School of Geosciences or School of Education only to transfer into the Business school once they've been there a semester or two.

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post the letter and you can pwn all these guys!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So today I got accepted, into the University of Illinois! I initially, applied as an English major, but I got accepted as a Linguistics; I will most likely look towards, teaching English as a second languege.
    One could say that you have a shoulder up on your education.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    One could say that you have a shoulder up on your education.

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    Name
    D-J-A-N-G-O.....the "D" is silent
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    As much as I'd love to agree w/ you and call out a troll (hey, it's fun!), it's perfectly possible to be accepted in October. I handcarried my application to the admissions office at A&M my senior year in October (we were in town for a football game anyway), and I got verbally accepted basically right off the bat. Got my official letter in like two days (same thing happened to my little brother last year). idk how it works for Illinois, but at TAMU if you're an automatic academic admit they don't really even ing look at your application (wasted some time on my college essays, but whatever lol)

Thread Information