PDA

View Full Version : Blair is too short!

redskinfan
10-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Dejuan is just too damn short, dude cant post up or pass, I know it was only 1 game and he hustles his butt off but i dont think any adjustments can make up for him being a shorty amongst the bigs..:bang

Bender
10-28-2010, 01:05 PM
yeah I really noticed last night, with all the tall Pacers around him...

TJastal
10-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Dejuan is just too damn short, dude cant post up or pass, I know it was only 1 game and he hustles his butt off but i dont think any adjustments can make up for him being a shorty amongst the bigs..:bang

All preseason long people raved about his passing. And he got to the line and knocked down his free throws. I'd give it a few more games before you even start to judge.

nkdlunch
10-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Malik Rose 2.0

I am starting to think he is good in certain situations but cannot be counted vs. every opponent (Lakers/Celtics/Mavs). Hope I am wrong.

He would own the Heat though

ChumpDumper
10-28-2010, 01:21 PM
It was only one game.

He hustles his butt off.

Keep working on those jumpers.

redskinfan
10-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Malik Rose 2.0

I am starting to think he is good in certain situations but cannot be counted vs. every opponent (Lakers/Celtics/Mavs). Hope I am wrong.

Good point even the way ball goes in to him and doesnt come back out , The return of the black hole!

TJastal
10-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Malik Rose 2.0

It may very well turn out that he is best used as a reserve off the bench, as a spark to ignite the 2nd unit. Wouldn't surprise me at all really. I'm not gonna say that until I see 4-5 more games however.

phxspurfan
10-28-2010, 01:29 PM
If he's ever the first or second (or third) option on the team, we're in trouble. Good thing all we need him to do is go to work being a disruption on the boards, make smart plays in the defensive scheme (be in the right places at the right times) and alter some shots. He has shown an adequate ability to do all that, relatively speaking. And he's young with tons of talent and upside. What more could you want on a team with four or five legit scorers?

elbamba
10-28-2010, 01:29 PM
He is a young kid who plays hard and hustles. He will make mistakes but his potential is unlimited. If there are match up problems, Pop will be able to fall back on Splitter, Dice and Bonner.

I like the playing time going to someone like Blair who doesn't take a play off. Give him time. Hieght, though important, does not matter when you have someone who can board and hustle, Blair does both.

Ditty
10-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Malik Rose 2.0

I think he's going to be way better than malik

guy hustles his ass off and has that I'm going to get the ball ever loose ball and rebound mentality

blair plays alot bigger that 6'7

lefty
10-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Malik Rose 2.0

I think he will be better than Malik Rose

Rookie Blair >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rookie Rose

mookie2001
10-28-2010, 01:39 PM
too short for what?

rascal
10-28-2010, 01:40 PM

The spurs are still thin on the frontline. Splitter is the only addition to last years frontline. That alone will not be enough to make a major difference from last years team that was abused defensively in the frontcourt. The spurs did not do enough to upgrade the frontline.

If Blair was taller he would have gone much earlier in the draft and he would not be on the spurs.

redskinfan
10-28-2010, 01:47 PM
The spurs are still thin on the frontline. Splitter is the only addition to last years frontline. That alone will not be enough to make a major difference from last years team that was abused defensively in the frontcourt. The spurs did not do enough to upgrade the frontline.

If Blair was taller he would have gone much earlier in the draft and he would not be on the spurs.

If my aunt minnie had balls she would be my uncle..

JsnSA
Barkley was too short as well.

Not saying Blair will be close to what Barkley was but his limited height does not automatically prevent him from being a good to great player.

I do agree though that he will most likely have some matchup issues against certain players and teams. When that happens Pop will find a way to adjust...most likely giving him less time or trying to match him up against the other team's second unit players.

duhoh
sign sheed for the minimum as late as possible.

Muser
10-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Please..

yavozerb
10-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Matchups like last night game against Indiana is where the addition of Tiago would have come in very handy. There are many undersized pf/c in the league these days so Blair will matchup very will against most so-called big men. If opposing teams have true big men (>6'10) with an inside offensive presence then I believe Tiago's size would match up much better.

DMX7
10-28-2010, 02:16 PM
He wasn't too short last season.

redskinfan
10-28-2010, 02:49 PM
He wasn't too short last season.

When he was on the bench? Much wasn't expected of him last year this season he is our starting Center to start season, as much as I wish he could use his strength and bullying power to overcome his shortness I just dont think he can be much more than a spot player and only when teams go small against them, maybe he needs to study Barkley and see how he bodied guys and had his way.

Bruno
10-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Time will tell if Blair is able or not o be a starter or if he should be limited to be a energy spark from the bench.

Even if the Blair as a starter experiment doesn't work, there is still the Splitter option. Tiago is well suited to be a starter alongside Tim.

sa_butta
10-28-2010, 02:58 PM
So is Sequ, but that doesnt stop him from POSTING UP...

JR3
10-28-2010, 03:52 PM
I agree he is limited by his size. I like him coming off the bench and being the ultimate trash man! That is where he can make his career.. im not necessarily comfortable with him trying to score on his own. The mid range jumper needs to be worked on but only taken as a last option within our offense. He brings a lot to the team and I would not trade him. But I wouldn't make him a starter either.

lefty
10-28-2010, 03:53 PM
So is Sequ, but that doesnt stop him from POSTING UP...
:lol

Only to be swatted away every time

DesignatedT
10-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Dude was going against one of the biggest centers in the NBA. He should be fine playing against 6'10ers but once they reach 7 foot he definitely has some problems.

neboat
10-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Glenn Baby Davis and Paul Millsap are super effective role players. I hope Blair can help the spurs as much as those two guys help their respective teams. If Blair develops a mid range jumper, he could be better than those two guys.

y2kbug
10-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Hibbert is 7ft+, I think anyone is gonna get their shot blocked or altered by him. Let's see how he does versus a smaller big man!

Man In Black
10-28-2010, 04:44 PM
I don't think he's too short. I just think he needs to be smarter with his options once he has the ball, he shouldn't be a shoot first kind of guy, unless he has a dominant position. There were times where I felt he should have just collected and passed out. The breakaway outlet pass from Timmy was an example. He didn't gather himself and he should have just passed back to TP for an easy layup.
He'll be much better once he stops pressing, does he need to get over himself a little? Probably, I'd rather that he gets us 9-10 board with half of them offensive, combined with 50% shooting and none of them blocked back in his face. That's all recognition of when you have a dominant position.

redskinfan
10-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Hibbert is 7ft+, I think anyone is gonna get their shot blocked or altered by him. Let's see how he does versus a smaller big man!

So how many teams do you think Blair can beast on? I just think when he is out there the Spurs are at a disadvantage unless we can run then he can do some things. Hopefully he can adjust and tweak his game so he can stay on the floor because he gives it all he has.

Obstructed_View
10-28-2010, 04:52 PM
I don't think he's too short. I just think he needs to be smarter with his options once he has the ball, he shouldn't be a shoot first kind of guy, unless he has a dominant position. There were times where I felt he should have just collected and passed out. The breakaway outlet pass from Timmy was an example. He didn't gather himself and he should have just passed back to TP for an easy layup.
He'll be much better once he stops pressing, does he need to get over himself a little? Probably, I'd rather that he gets us 9-10 board with half of them offensive, combined with 50% shooting and none of them blocked back in his face. That's all recognition of when you have a dominant position.

I agree. He didn't play very well, and didn't do a good job of picking his spots. I'm wiilling to chalk it up to being overly excited that he was starting. If he's still doing this shit in two weeks then we'll revisit.

MannyIsGod
10-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Too short for what exactly? His game last night was serviceable and had a lot of bright spots but its hard to see him putting up all star numbers ever, imo. He's going to have bad games and he'll likely not ever be a huge defensive stopper but height is the most overrated stat ever.

Its all about wingspan.

mingus
10-28-2010, 05:04 PM
offensively, wing span matters. you'r bringing the ball up from a lower point if you're shorter. you could have a guy that is 5'11 with an 9 feet wingspan and it would affect him.

defensively, not so much.

redskinfan
10-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Too short for what exactly? His game last night was serviceable and had a lot of bright spots but its hard to see him putting up all star numbers ever, imo. He's going to have bad games and he'll likely not ever be a huge defensive stopper but height is the most overrated stat ever.

Its all about wingspan.

says the 5'4 man

Man In Black
10-28-2010, 05:14 PM
It's really about making the proper read and then acting from a dominant position. If it was just about height, then Chuck Barkley wouldn't have amounted to much. The same goes for Larry Johnson, Leonard Truck Robinson, Wes Unseld, Paul Silas, and Larry Smith.
If DeJuan just stays focused on when best to attack, then he'd be better. He forced some that he shouldn't have. If he makes the right read, both him and the team will be better for it.

JustinJDW
10-28-2010, 05:20 PM
Blair is perfect for the Bench. Tiago would be perfect in the Starting Lineup and is the perfect compliment to Duncan. I don't see what the fuss is about.

I'm not saying Blair isn't good because is is awesome for us, but its not enough to just beast on crappy teams. When we matchup against the Lakers, Celtics and other great teams in the league who are big, long and dominate on the frontline, we can't possibly start Dejuan Blair and expect good results.

We just can't expect that, and I pray to God Pop isn't expecting that. Because at the end of the day, the guy is still 6'6. Period.

Leonard Curse
10-28-2010, 05:22 PM
i dont mind blair starting i love the fact that pop is giving blair good minutes to grow and you better believe hes going to get better this isnt his ceiling dude.

btw would you rather bonner start because with tiago out thats who wiuld have been starting, this is the way i see it once tiago gets comfortable i say he starts w/timmy and have dice/blair off the bench this would awesome .

i also think if tiagos healthy he and timmy should start until duncan retires. when duncan retires i think blair will become good enough to start and just might be in allstar form by then.

ok so whats making blair a bad presence down low? his rebounding? no his offensive moves? (needs work/but hes doing that) defense? yes!! its not bad effort its bad timing and hes not jumping to try and block shots which he needs to do, if he works on his leaping/quickness i think hell be able to defend just fine. as it is the opponent cant get into offensive position when posting up blair, so there are alot of good things blair can do he just needs to add somethings.

btw i would much rather have blair out there than bonner did you see the game change once matt got hurt??? thats sad

Seventyniner
10-28-2010, 05:22 PM
:lol

Only to be swatted away every time

He tried to go top shelf, but it was locked!

Man In Black
10-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Defensively on both those oops to McRoberts, he cheated and was caught adrift in the middle, it made it too easy for Collison to find McRoberts. Having said that, Blair is the perfect guy to defend Bynum but to do so he has to start his work early. Bynum has said in interviews out here in So Cal that the guys he hates to play against are the shorter guys with strong bases because he says,"They get into my legs and don't let me get a good jump to the ball." That's what DeJuan needs to do is stay in fairly close contact and not drift away. Man and Ball - you need to see that DeJuan.

phxspurfan
10-28-2010, 06:07 PM
[/B]

says the 5'4 man

When's the last time you blocked somebody with your head?

TD 21
10-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Glenn Baby Davis and Paul Millsap are super effective role players. I hope Blair can help the spurs as much as those two guys help their respective teams. If Blair develops a mid range jumper, he could be better than those two guys.

Davis and Millsap are bigger, though. They're undersized at about 6-8 (maybe a little under...even though Daivs is now listed at 6-9), but Blair is barely over 6-6 in shoes. The way I see it, when you're undersized to begin with, every inch under that (for a PF, anything under 6-9) becomes significant.

I think the Spurs, if relatively healthy, can win 50+ with Blair starting the majority of the games, but ultimately, they probably can't line up that way once the playoffs commence and expect to win.

It's probably going to have to be Splitter starting, with McDyess as the first big off the bench and the fourth big (either Blair or Bonner) used depending on match-up, what the team needs at the time, etc.

It would be wise if Pop were to, post All-Star break, after he's given Blair a turn to guard Gasol (personally, I'd put him on Bynum instead), Nowitzki, Aldridge, Scola, etc. and evaluated how he's done against each, go to the aforementioned lineup.

Manufan909
10-28-2010, 06:24 PM
I agree. He didn't play very well, and didn't do a good job of picking his spots. I'm wiilling to chalk it up to being overly excited that he was starting. If he's still doing this shit in two weeks then we'll revisit.

More time to evaluate is definitely in order. He needs to learn to not rush things, he was patient for the first 5 minutes and scored 7 points. Then he started rushing and just plain taking bad shots, and he went 1-8 the rest of the way. Whenever he made jumpers in the preseason he was set, last night he put one up too quick just so he wouldn't get blocked... 4x.:depressed

Its all about wingspan.

His game last night was most definitely not serviceable, and definitely didn't have a lot of bright spots. I am glad he made all 5 of his FTs, they did like pure. Also, the one good shot I saw him take was the And1 post move. If he isn't taking a wide open shot or in a pic n roll with Manu, I'd rather Blair use his post moves than any pump fake while in the air shots. Or trying to lay it up on someone 7 inches taller than him. He should work harder on not letting his man go wherever he wants. Blair has a stronger, lower base than most in the league, so he should take advantage of that on defense like he does when he goes for rebounds.

I agree this was definitely just a bad night from him, considering how lights out he was in almost every single preseason game.

Man, I wish I knew for sure I could watch Saturday's game, to see if he gets back to his new and improved preseason self. A board every ten minutes is just embarassing, hope he gobbles up every single one he can against NO and the the Clips.:flag:

AlleyOopNazi
10-28-2010, 06:38 PM
If hes going to settle for a jump shot, with all the offensive weapons on the starting rotation, pass the ball. @Whoever started the, if Blair could develop a jump-shot... he can't. Stick with the hooks, layups and clear-outs in the lane and by all means do not look for your own shot. Look how well he did last year and Pop never call a play for him.

rascal
10-28-2010, 06:43 PM
When he was on the bench? Much wasn't expected of him last year this season he is our starting Center to start season, as much as I wish he could use his strength and bullying power to overcome his shortness I just dont think he can be much more than a spot player and only when teams go small against them, maybe he needs to study Barkley and see how he bodied guys and had his way.

Barkley didn't play center.

rascal
10-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Time will tell if Blair is able or not o be a starter or if he should be limited to be a energy spark from the bench.

Even if the Blair as a starter experiment doesn't work, there is still the Splitter option. Tiago is well suited to be a starter alongside Tim.

Blair is only a temporary option. Once Splitter gets up to speed he will be the starting center.

dbestpro
10-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Blair did well coming off the bench playing against other bench guys. Now he is a starter and the level of compitition will be much better. All in all he did OK for the first game of the season. Many of you want him to dominate and he may do that in time. For now, he needs to be serviceable as he adjusts to the level of competition. The honus of dominator remains on the big three, for now.

TD 21
10-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Blair did well coming off the bench playing against other bench guys. Now he is a starter and the level of compitition will be much better. All in all he did OK for the first game of the season. Many of you want him to dominate and he may do that in time. For now, he needs to be serviceable as he adjusts to the level of competition. The honus of dominator remains on the big three, for now.

Personally, I'm not looking for him to dominate. I'm looking for him to be competent defensively and I don't think he can be that against the players I listed. Unfortunately, those are the starting PF's on many of the best teams in the West (didn't list Thunder, who start Green at PF, who's really an SF and the Jazz, because I'm not sure how things are going to shake down once Okur returns; he could defend a lot of PF's, Jefferson could, or Millsap could if he remains starting).

In a related note, why do some say the Spurs are too small in the middle? Once Splitter returns, which is two games away, they'll have two long 6-11 guys manning the pivot (it's irrelevant that they list Duncan as a PF; he exclusively guards C's, therefore he's a C) and there's a good chance they'll be the second best C duo in the league.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-28-2010, 08:35 PM

Exactly, the Pacers were packing the paint and being very physical. They played Parker pretty well but I also felt they got away with a foul or two. Parker had 9 assists and we shot 36 foul shots.

Jefferson was getting calls and it definitely seemed like they made a choice to not allow layups. Hibbert rotated well.

sananspursfan21
10-28-2010, 08:47 PM
so all last year blair was "a beast". now he's being called "too short"? make up your minds, if chuck hayes can play center for the rockets when he's built like a guard, i think a tank physique type like blair can cover pf.

Cessation
10-28-2010, 10:16 PM
I think he just had a bad game, 7-2 hibber had something to do with it as well. Doesn't really matter, splitter is gonna start eventually, meanwhile blair will get some good experience he can later on unleash against opposing teams 2nd string guys.

The_Worlds_finest
10-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Udip7yF5gic

ALVAREZ6
10-28-2010, 10:39 PM
I've said he's too short forever. He's not too short to be an effective role player, but the Spurs can't kid themselves. I know we're not in the playoffs yet, but I think most can agree that no team is winning an NBA championship with a 6'7" starting PF.

(unless he starts, doesn't play typical starter minutes, and the big man that plays most of the minutes next to Duncan is 6'10"+ with a solid game)

I guess time will tell depending on how quickly Tiago adapts to the NBA game.

BackHome
10-28-2010, 10:44 PM
Blair is perfect for the Bench. Tiago would be perfect in the Starting Lineup and is the perfect compliment to Duncan. I don't see what the fuss is about.

I'm not saying Blair isn't good because is is awesome for us, but its not enough to just beast on crappy teams. When we matchup against the Lakers, Celtics and other great teams in the league who are big, long and dominate on the frontline, we can't possibly start Dejuan Blair and expect good results.

We just can't expect that, and I pray to God Pop isn't expecting that. Because at the end of the day, the guy is still 6'6. Period.

Amen Brother!

Cant_Be_Faded
10-28-2010, 10:47 PM
I've said he's too short forever. He's not too short to be an effective role player, but the Spurs can't kid themselves. I know we're not in the playoffs yet, but I think most can agree that no team is winning an NBA championship with a 6'7" starting PF.

(unless he starts, doesn't play typical starter minutes, and the big man that plays most of the minutes next to Duncan is 6'10"+ with a solid game)

I guess time will tell depending on how quickly Tiago adapts to the NBA game.

You seriously were too young to remember Malik Rose weren't you?

thOOdee
10-28-2010, 11:01 PM
the only shorty i trust.....he makes hustle plays most nights. if we have to have an unorthodox pop team, rather have a short long armed underdog, than a tall t-rex.

MullinFan
10-28-2010, 11:01 PM
You dont need to be 7 foot-ish to rebound in the NBA, its all about positioning. And with that big'ol butt hes got he can move and box-out anybody. He reminds me alot of Charles Oakley!

eyeh8u
10-28-2010, 11:03 PM
http://www.cosmcenter.com/height-increase.htm

Sean Cagney
10-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Malik Rose 2.0

I think against the Mavs he will be fine! He shined last year in the playoffs at times vs. them 20-20 final game too of the year). Malik used to ABUSE the Mavs all the time, I know their frontline was shyt then but he used to get 20/20 games against them, I will take that now.

Against LA he will struggle though I am afraid, good point there.

BTW LOL at SHorty and other names in here, I wish 6'7 were short, hell we would all be HUGE then :rollin:rollin. Thats tall as hell for a normal person, but for a starting C yes it's short.

MI21
10-29-2010, 03:06 AM
I'm about the biggest Malik Rose fan I know and have been quite critical of DeJuan previously, but he has a lot more potential than Malik ever had, particularly offensively and is probably already equal to what Malik was at his best on that end of the floor.

Just because he is short, doesn't mean he can't play a big part for the Spurs. Malik was the 2nd best offensive bigman, 3rd best overall on a championship squad that had to get past teams with some legit size. No reason DeJuan can't do the same thing.

mingus
10-29-2010, 03:27 AM
Never been a fan of him starting. Spurs need to put the best possible defensive starting lineup which doesn't include Blair.

elec99
10-29-2010, 11:29 AM
We'll have to see after a few games but I think it will depend on who we're playing like others have said. Good against heat I think, bad against lakers. Also, especially if the 7' center isn't a great back-to-the-basket player offensively, I think you could still play blair. Otherwise, Tiago or Dice would have to be in.

MannyIsGod
10-29-2010, 11:38 AM
offensively, wing span matters. you'r bringing the ball up from a lower point if you're shorter. you could have a guy that is 5'11 with an 9 feet wingspan and it would affect him.

defensively, not so much.

Is this being serious? Did you really say wingspan doesn't matter on defense but DOES matter on offense?

Having a longer wingspan allows you to contest more shots, block more shots, tip more balls, rebound more effectively, and generally do everything on defense better.

TJastal
10-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Is this being serious? Did you really say wingspan doesn't matter on defense but DOES matter on offense?

Having a longer wingspan allows you to contest more shots, block more shots, tip more balls, rebound more effectively, and generally do everything on defense better.

That's what he was saying, essentially.

ALVAREZ6
10-29-2010, 12:27 PM
You seriously were too young to remember Malik Rose weren't you?

How young do you think I am?

Malik is the man

TwelveGs210
10-29-2010, 12:31 PM
I think he's going to be way better than malik

guy hustles his ass off and has that I'm going to get the ball ever loose ball and rebound mentality

blair plays alot bigger that 6'7

I agree, sounded like we have a "cliff jumper" mentality when it comes to Dejaun from the thread starter. Malik never rebounded like Dejuan does, but he did develop a good mid range jumper in his last season with us. It took Malik like 5-6 seasons before he won the title in 02' as he came in around the same time as Duncan I believe. At this point, at ONLY 21, Dejuan is already arguably better than Malik in his best season with the Spurs. Dejuan's patience is going to get better, and he will learn he is going to get called for fouls when he steamrolls the opponent trying to rebound. Not to mention, he isn't always going to be called for those ticky-tack fouls as he should be given the right to battle for the rebound.

AlleyOopNazi
10-29-2010, 12:46 PM
I think we can agree that he shouldnt be looking for jump shots though. Bonners mid-range game makes Blair look D-League

DrSteffo
10-29-2010, 01:04 PM
I hated small ball when Malik defended Shaq and I still hate it

mingus
10-29-2010, 01:13 PM

no that's not what i meant. i messed that part up. what i meant to say was that for Blair having a wingspan will help him on defense but not really on offense. it's on the offensive end where he is undersized, defensively, his wingspan allows him to play big.

AlleyOopNazi
10-29-2010, 01:56 PM
no that's not what i meant. i messed that part up. what i meant to say was that for Blair having a wingspan will help him on defense but not really on offense. it's on the offensive end where he is undersized, defensively, his wingspan allows him to play big.
If only he had ACL ligaments, a vertical and jump shot=30+ rebounds

tuncaboylu
10-29-2010, 02:16 PM
He is not shorter than Charles Barkley...

MannyIsGod
10-29-2010, 05:44 PM

Ok good. I agree that it doesn't really help him on offense but I think he does just fine on offense. Its the defense that needs work.

20beastie45
10-29-2010, 06:30 PM
I thought he did OK for the big size disadvantage he has....where I thought he did horrible was on the defensive end....that's probably why he wasn't on the court late..

still rooting for you BEAST!!!

Spurs da champs
10-30-2010, 09:21 PM
Blair is way too short as much as yall want to d ride him, his defense is terrible. WE NEED SPLITTER!

redskinfan
10-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Blair is way too short as much as yall want to d ride him, his defense is terrible. WE NEED SPLITTER!

He looks ok when the opposing big man is West. too bad the top teams in the league are longer in the middle.

superbigtime
10-31-2010, 09:17 AM
No shit Sherlock.

ohmwrecker
10-31-2010, 09:28 AM
I hated small ball when Malik defended Shaq and I still hate it

Everyone who ever defended Shaq was too small. Small ball was responsible for the comeback run last night. The problem was that Pop stuck with it too long. Once that small lineup got it down to 7, Pop should have put Timmy and Tony back in and made NO play Spurs tempo.
Blair isn't too short to play in the post. His instincts are good. He just needs to be more patient. More fakes and footwork, less goddamn jumpshots. And his defense is just not good at all. He needs to come off the bench.

I hope Splitter is the answer . . . I can't believe I miss Bonner.

ohmwrecker
10-31-2010, 09:30 AM
Good player, not a good fit in SA.....should not be starting for us. I would look to use him with the second unit, or look to deal him. He has high value, Im sure the spurs could get a team in need of a PF to give us some nice goodies.

We need to find another big, Boone, Damp, Shaq, spurs failed to even make offers.....FO is not commited to win!!

I'm down on Blair right now, but he is better than all those guys you mentioned . . . by a mile.

rascal
10-31-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm down on Blair right now, but he is better than all those guys you mentioned . . . by a mile.

Tyrus Thomas. Spurs should have targeted him.

rascal
10-31-2010, 10:50 AM

Splitter won't be any defensive team savior. He does not intimidate penetrators at the rim.

ohmwrecker
10-31-2010, 10:56 AM
Tyrus Thomas. Spurs should have targeted him.

Yep. I am so pissed that the Bulls didn't seem to want to deal with the Spurs last season and then wind up signing Bogans as a FA. AND . . . Flip Murray and Acie Law aren't even on the team anymore! The Bobcats beat us out for Thomas and then the Spurs give them Theo for nothing. Larry Brown owes the Spurs one, if you ask me.

yavozerb
10-31-2010, 01:45 PM
Splitter won't be any defensive team savior. He does not intimidate penetrators at the rim.

Splitter is a much better defender than blair. He is not a shot blocker but his size makes much tougher on offensive player and his foot speed is very good as well. I think everyone likes blair as a Spur, but I still believe he is a situational player only at this point in his career.

ALVAREZ6
10-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Ok good. I agree that it doesn't really help him on offense but I think he does just fine on offense. Its the defense that needs work.

His defense needs work but he can only become so good of a defender... put it differently, Dejuan's defense does have a limit, it isn't the sky. It just can't be for being that short. No 6'7" player will ever be able to defend against Amare, Dwight, Gasol, any of Boston's big men...just can't do it, there's only so much he can do to stop these guys, can't do anything about being short.

The list is obviously bigger than those named above. Any normal sized big man in the league that's fundamentally sound, doesn't have to be an athletic freak, should have his way with Blair. And of course, the big dudes that can jump as well, there's no question. I see the league getting more athletic every year, it's a trend we see in all sports, there seems to be more athletes at every position and by nature this makes sense. It's pretty much becoming a standard that 6'7" PFs or Cs have no place in the NBA. With all of the talent dispersed on so many different teams and conferences in the NCAA, you can get away with it in college. You pretty much have to because there's only so many men that are 6'10 or bigger and great at the game. In the NBA, not the case. Even if you have Dwight Howard bunnies, you're still gonna encounter guys just as athletic, only starting 4 inches taller, with larger wingspan.

mingus
10-31-2010, 03:21 PM
His defense needs work but he can only become so good of a defender... put it differently, Dejuan's defense does have a limit, it isn't the sky. It just can't be for being that short. No 6'7" player will ever be able to defend against Amare, Dwight, Gasol, any of Boston's big men...just can't do it, there's only so much he can do to stop these guys, can't do anything about being short.

The list is obviously bigger than those named above. Any normal sized big man in the league that's fundamentally sound, doesn't have to be an athletic freak, should have his way with Blair. And of course, the big dudes that can jump as well, there's no question. I see the league getting more athletic every year, it's a trend we see in all sports, there seems to be more athletes at every position and by nature this makes sense. It's pretty much becoming a standard that 6'7" PFs or Cs have no place in the NBA. With all of the talent dispersed on so many different teams and conferences in the NCAA, you can get away with it in college. You pretty much have to because there's only so many men that are 6'10 or bigger and great at the game. In the NBA, not the case. Even if you have Dwight Howard bunnies, you're still gonna encounter guys just as athletic, only starting 4 inches taller, with larger wingspan.

ever seen Chuck Hayes play defense? he's shorter, maybe the same height as Blair, but he plays great one-on-one defense against the guys you mentioned. in fact it was his stellar post-defense that gave the Rockets a chance against LA in '09.

it can be done and it had been done. another guy that played solid post-defense and who was small was Malik Rose. he was great at using his body and he would often use the tactic where he would "pull the chair."

Ben Wallace is 6'8. Dennis Rodman is 6'9. Kenyon Martin is great at post-defense as well.

bottom line: there are and have been plenty of really good post-defenders who are "undersized."

Blair just doesn't understand defense. it has absolutely nothing to do with his height.

Russ
10-31-2010, 03:42 PM
1NvgLkuEtkA

ALVAREZ6
10-31-2010, 06:14 PM
ever seen Chuck Hayes play defense? he's shorter, maybe the same height as Blair, but he plays great one-on-one defense against the guys you mentioned. in fact it was his stellar post-defense that gave the Rockets a chance against LA in '09.

it can be done and it had been done. another guy that played solid post-defense and who was small was Malik Rose. he was great at using his body and he would often use the tactic where he would "pull the chair."

Ben Wallace is 6'8. Dennis Rodman is 6'9. Kenyon Martin is great at post-defense as well.

bottom line: there are and have been plenty of really good post-defenders who are "undersized."

Blair just doesn't understand defense. it has absolutely nothing to do with his height.

Wallace is 6'9", and so it Kenyon. 6'7" is a different story.

Hayes plays great one on one defense??? Perhaps he does for his size, but I'd like to see him play more myself because I have no memory of watching him play (although I've been aware of him for a while).
He hasn't averaged more than 5 points in his career, and the most minutes he's averaged in a season is 22. The most rebounds and blocks he has ever averaged, respectively, are 6 and 0.5.

These stats are nothing. Stats as a result of simply being in the game. When you're simply on the court, you're going to get a few rebounds and points due to the game itself. He plays largely because of Yao's absence and clearly isn't a great defender because he isn't playing many minutes, getting rebounds, and blocking shots. Why? Because he's 6'6"!!!!!

Back to my main point: You will not win a championship in the current NBA by starting a 6'6" or 6'7" big man. Period.

G-Dawgg
10-31-2010, 06:29 PM
A power forward as short as blair is completey uselless offensively unless he has a reliable midrange shot, or floaters. Dejuan needs to come off the bench as soon as Tiago is healthy....

The Truth #6
10-31-2010, 07:02 PM
Wallace is 6'9", and so it Kenyon. 6'7" is a different story.

Hayes plays great one on one defense??? Perhaps he does for his size, but I'd like to see him play more myself because I have no memory of watching him play (although I've been aware of him for a while).
He hasn't averaged more than 5 points in his career, and the most minutes he's averaged in a season is 22. The most rebounds and blocks he has ever averaged, respectively, are 6 and 0.5.

These stats are nothing. Stats as a result of simply being in the game. When you're simply on the court, you're going to get a few rebounds and points due to the game itself. He plays largely because of Yao's absence and clearly isn't a great defender because he isn't playing many minutes, getting rebounds, and blocking shots. Why? Because he's 6'6"!!!!!

Back to my main point: You will not win a championship in the current NBA by starting a 6'6" or 6'7" big man. Period.

Do you see what you believe or believe what you see? Since when are the stats you mention going to be an absolute measure of how well someone plays defense. I would think that after seeing Bruce Bowen play we wouldn't use a stats argument to try and quantify a player's defensive worth.

Yes, Blair has obstacles, but come on. Barkley was like 6'4" and was one of the best power forwards ever. Height is not going to be the only factor here.

ALVAREZ6
10-31-2010, 07:16 PM
Do you see what you believe or believe what you see? Since when are the stats you mention going to be an absolute measure of how well someone plays defense. I would think that after seeing Bruce Bowen play we wouldn't use a stats argument to try and quantify a player's defensive worth.

Yes, Blair has obstacles, but come on. Barkley was like 6'4" and was one of the best power forwards ever. Height is not going to be the only factor here.
Barkley was listed at 6'7"..and yeah they say he's closer to 6'5" but this phenomenon is something we deal with. All players' heights are listed with shoes, so they're all listed an inch or two taller than they're actual height.
Barkley was a great power forward, did he win anything? Were there tons of very short big men that are widely considered some of the best to ever play the game, or is Barkley really the only one that stands out? Can you maybe pick out 1 more?

My point is, there's only one Barkley. This doesn't happen often at all. Chuck Hayes may be a pretty solid defensive player for his size, I couldn't tell you personally. But you cannot tell me he's going to stop a guy like Dwight Howard or Amare Stoudemire. He's obviously only played significant minutes in Yao's absence, and during the time Yao's out the Rocket's can't expect to win a championship. The team is stronger now and there's less need for Yao, especially with the way Scola has been playing and getting used to the NBA game, so maybe they can strive for that now. No team is going to win a championship with a 6'6" starting PF or C.

ALVAREZ6
10-31-2010, 07:23 PM
Again, as I didn't include this in my post, no shit height is not the only factor. Of course I know that a player's height is not the sole determinant of his effectiveness.

But for the PF/C position in the NBA, it carries a lot of weight. There's a ton of skills that go into the equation too. You bringing up Charles Barkley in my opinion supports my argument....if a team wants to win a championship in this current NBA while starting a really short big man, than that man better have skills that rival Chuck's, or close to them. Blair unfortunately doesn't, clearly, at least not now. I'm a big fan of Dejuan to be honest, but he is what he is.

If/when the Spurs meet up with the Lakers in the playoffs, it's pretty safe to say Blair will not be playing 30 mins a game, unless the Spurs want to lose.

duncan228
11-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Blair looks for shooting touch (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/10/31/blair-looks-for-shooting-touch/)
by Jeff McDonald

...“I’ve been 2 for 9, 2 for 10,” Blair said. “It’s just been my luck. Hopefully, something will come around. I’m praying for it.”

...“I’m going to shoot until I make it,” he said. “I’m not really thinking. I just play.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/10/31/blair-looks-for-shooting-touch/

ohmwrecker
11-01-2010, 12:48 AM
He should probably start thinking a little.

rascal
11-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Splitter is a much better defender than blair. He is not a shot blocker but his size makes much tougher on offensive player and his foot speed is very good as well. I think everyone likes blair as a Spur, but I still believe he is a situational player only at this point in his career.

His foot speed won't be as good as you think it will be on the defensive end against much faster NBA players than what he played against in Euro and his lack of verticle leap makes him a player that plays below the rim. He will not be the defensive force the spurs need down low. Blair defensively is nothing more than a desperate option.

Obstructed_View
11-01-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm still liking what I'm seeing from Blair. I think he just needs to settle in. He'll play this same way and suddenly put up a monster game.

Cessation
11-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Blair seems like a nice guy, but when watching his interviews I always cringe, he can barelly string a sentence together. Good to know the myth of splitter is about to dispel and he'll play vs the clippers, hopefully he'll be starting sooner than later. Rodman was 6-6.

yavozerb
11-01-2010, 01:52 PM
His foot speed won't be as good as you think it will be on the defensive end against much faster NBA players than what he played against in Euro and his lack of verticle leap makes him a player that plays below the rim. He will not be the defensive force the spurs need down low. Blair defensively is nothing more than a desperate option.

I am referring to NBA big men and yes he will have plenty of foot speed to defend them. I think most know he will not be a defensive force but his defense will be a huge step as compared to what the spurs have had next to Duncan for years. Tiago is not an athletic freak but he is average by NBA standards for a 7-footer, not sure where you got that he plays below the rim ...

z0sa
11-01-2010, 01:57 PM

Disagree. Blair has the wingspan and base to be an extremely solid defender. I could even see him being a decent intimidator and blocking shots thanks to those arms. Look at a guy like Ben Wallace, or the legend Bill Russell, who barely made 6'9.

The reality is, Blair is just barely a sophomore, in his very early 20's. He is technically a second round talent. He needs more time and more experience, which will lead to faster reactions and more confidence.

yavozerb
11-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Disagree. Blair has the wingspan and base to be an extremely solid defender. I could even see him being a decent intimidator and blocking shots thanks to those arms. Look at a guy like Ben Wallace, or the legend Bill Russell, who barely made 6'9.

The reality is, Blair is just barely a sophomore, in his very early 20's. He is technically a second round talent. He needs more time and more experience, which will lead to faster reactions and more confidence.

Did you really bring Bill Russell into the converstion when talking about Blair...:lol:

z0sa
11-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Did you really bring Bill Russell into the converstion when talking about Blair...:lol:

in response to Blair being too short.. yes I did.

This has nothing to do with talent, this has to do with physical attributes like height, and wingspan. Blair is right there in terms of wingspan and base, to compare with a Ben Wallace or a Bill Russell.

OTOH, of course he doesn't have near the mental fortitude of a Russell, at least at this point.. he's rushing shots, he's not boarding well enough, he's slow on his rotations and he's letting guys shoot right over him instead of putting every ounce of effort into a contest. That last one might have something to do with Pop's schemes more often than not.

Regardless, he is physically capable of being a good defender. It's all in his head, at this point.. one can only hope that he "gets it out" sooner than later, so we're still contending. But even later, I see this guy as a Spur for life, so it is what it is. Just keep improving Blair.

TJastal
11-01-2010, 02:26 PM
in response to Blair being too short.. yes I did.

This has nothing to do with talent, this has to do with physical attributes like height, and wingspan. Blair is right there in terms of wingspan and base, to compare with a Ben Wallace or a Bill Russell.

OTOH, of course he doesn't have near the mental fortitude of a Russell, at least at this point.. he's rushing shots, he's not boarding well enough, he's slow on his rotations and he's letting guys shoot right over him instead of putting every ounce of effort into a contest. That last one might have something to do with Pop's schemes more often than not.

Regardless, he is physically capable of being a good defender. It's all in his head, at this point.. one can only hope that he "gets it out" sooner than later, so we're still contending. But even later, I see this guy as a Spur for life, so it is what it is. Just keep improving Blair.

I'm sorry but Blair won't ever be as nimble the defender as Russell was with no ACL's. I doubt he'd be even close with a Iron-Man suit. :spin

z0sa
11-01-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm sorry but Blair won't ever be as nimble the defender as Russell was with no ACL's. I doubt he'd be even close with a Iron-Man suit. :spin

What is the name of this topic? Blair is too short, or Blair is too slow?

I realize he ain't a Russell, that doesn't mean one can't compare similar attributes between the two players.. I mean, I clearly said "in terms of wingspan and base", so I can't really make it any clearer.. and as great as having ACL's is, I can't say whether they would change his game much. He's a pretty big brute for 6'7 or so.. and those arms. Those arms, that wingspan is what it's all about. Those and his extremely wide base give him plenty of tools to work with.

ALVAREZ6
11-01-2010, 02:34 PM
You guys are reaching with the comparisons. Blair isn't Barkley, or Bill Russell, and they didn't play in the same times either.

z0sa
11-01-2010, 02:37 PM
You guys are reaching with the comparisons. Blair isn't Barkley, or Bill Russell, and they didn't play in the same times either.

Barkley was a freak of nature, being that short and mid-centered yet also being agile and capable of such power and finesse.. I don't see Blair with that kind of touch offensively, or the agility, but Barkley routinely took it easy on defense and was out of shape. Blair has already proven being in shape is not a concern for him, or trying on defense.. it's his mental fortitude that needs work.

Obstructed_View
11-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Barkley was a freak of nature, being that short and mid-centered yet also being agile and capable of such power and finesse.. I don't see Blair with that kind of touch offensively, or the agility, but Barkley routinely took it easy on defense and was out of shape. Blair has already proven being in shape is not a concern for him, or trying on defense.. it's his mental fortitude that needs work.

Maybe his last year or two in the league. Don't perpetuate myths please.

z0sa
11-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Maybe his last year or two in the league. Don't perpetuate myths please.

I've heard and read plenty to the contrary, even from Barkley himself (he has a scathing way of talking about the way he defended).. but it's not an argument I care to make, tbh, as it's simply a response to someone else's comparison that I actually don't even agree with.

I do think in his prime years he was excellent on both sides of the court, especially come playoff time.

The Truth #6
11-01-2010, 03:40 PM

So what argument are you making again?

Obstructed_View
11-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Like I said, please don't perpetuate myths. What you've heard and read is from other people doing the same thing. Barkley is very self-deprecating, particularly about his defense, but anyone that watched him knows that's complete and total bullshit. He used to defend David Robinson when they played the Spurs. There was a stretch of years where Barkley was the best player in the NBA in a league that included Jordan, Robinson, Olajuwon, and Malone. He was not lazy on either end of the floor and he was never out of shape until he was far past his prime.

ohmwrecker
11-01-2010, 03:53 PM
When motivated, Barkley was a really good defender. Saying otherwise is just being mal-informed.

Russell? Bill Russell? You guys are kidding right?

Obstructed_View
11-01-2010, 04:10 PM
When motivated, Barkley was a really good defender. Saying otherwise is just being mal-informed.

Russell? Bill Russell? You guys are kidding right?

Translation: When the ball was in play. Barkley didn't mail it in, even when he was unhappy. The only time he ever complained is if the team wasn't doing enough to win or when his teammates didn't play as hard as he did.

dbestpro
11-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Blair is Blair. The only way that he will be the man is to stop taking plays off. He will have stretches where you see him everywhere on the floor and then there are times when you thought he had been sitting on the bench. He also is somewhat of a black hole when the ball comes inside. He needs to find the open man instead of forcing every shot. Yes, he needs to think a little bit more about his game.

ohmwrecker
11-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Translation: When the ball was in play. Barkley didn't mail it in, even when he was unhappy. The only time he ever complained is if the team wasn't doing enough to win or when his teammates didn't play as hard as he did.

I'm pretty sure I was agreeing with you.

AlleyOopNazi
11-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Blair has the hands of bruce bowen always poking at the ball and getting in the passing lanes so good on D. just when you throw Bynum, Gasol, and Odum at him he needs a lot of help, no shit sherlock. We have the edge on guards, hopefully 3 point shooting come playoffs, and our front court won't be bad with Tiago making rotations and being one of our better post defenders. He can learn so much from Dice and Duncan at the post.

ALVAREZ6
11-01-2010, 05:36 PM
So what argument are you making again?

It's pretty obvious: that Blair is not Barkley or Russell

ALVAREZ6
11-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Blair is Blair. The only way that he will be the man is to stop taking plays off. He will have stretches where you see him everywhere on the floor and then there are times when you thought he had been sitting on the bench. He also is somewhat of a black hole when the ball comes inside. He needs to find the open man instead of forcing every shot. Yes, he needs to think a little bit more about his game.
This is exactly right. Blair really needs to focus more on his strengths and develop his game around them, which was sort of the hints that he gave during the offseason...I believe he stated he was working on his floater (to drop buckets over taller defenders) and his jumper, which is obviously a must if he wants to be competitive at his height. He's gotta develop a 15-20 foot jumper like Dice in my opinion.

He's still young of course but he has to become more decisive; make decisions faster, and preferably the correct ones. That's really where you can draw a line in comparing players; some understand the game and know exactly what to do with the ball as soon as they receive it. It makes sense he's not the best at this yet because of his inexperience but unfortunately the Spurs are in win now mode. And we are talking about Blair being too short for the Spurs to win now, given he takes up starter minutes. I do think Blair can improve a lot on offense, but I just don't see him becoming a great defender. Especially not for this post season. The statement "Blair is too short!" to me is correct. There's only so much you can do to stop a tall, explosive forward/center when starting several inches shorter than said competition. When the Spurs are in the playoffs in need of crucial stops, and the Lakers kick it into Gasol to quickly extend the ball into the rim (I say extend because this is really where the height disparity is seen..we see it with Tim or any other good, tall forward...they can catch the ball and place it right in so quickly because of their height, starting from a higher point, shorter defenders need to jump quickly to even have a chance at contesting, and this naturally leaves them prone to falling for ball fakes because of the fact that a 6'7" big man defender will have to be waiting on the balls of his feet ready to lunge to contest the shot) and Blair is guarding him...it's an easy 2.

(of course I made many assumptions on coverages, some unrealistic but it's applicable to any teams with big front courts)

That's why Blair won't be on the court, and that's part of why a 6'6" or 6'7" big man, such as Hayes or Blair, can't play starter minutes for a championship contending team. Not in this NBA. They can't compete with the Celtics or Lakers front courts.

This is why, we all know, the Spurs signed Tiago Splitter. Hopefully he can provide that solid, consistent post defense the Spurs need to complement Duncan.

Obstructed_View
11-01-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm pretty sure I was agreeing with you.

Yes, and thank you. I was expanding on the point. :toast

The Truth #6
11-01-2010, 06:52 PM
It's pretty obvious: that Blair is not Barkley or Russell

Is it? It keeps changing. It went from being about height, to not just height, then back to height, and then to Barkley when that was the easiest side to take.

Chomag
11-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Do y'all think Blair might be better used as trade bait? I would hate to see him go but this team has some huge holes. Maybe if he can be utilized as a energy bench guy, but as for now Blairs game doesnt give much to the team as a starter.

ALVAREZ6
11-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Is it? It keeps changing. It went from being about height, to not just height, then back to height, and then to Barkley when that was the easiest side to take.
Wrong. It was NEVER solely about height. You're trying to make this a black or white issue when I never said it was solely either.

Stop trying to sidetrack what's true: Dejuan Blair cannot be the 2nd most important big man for the Spurs behind Duncan, minute wise, if they want to win a championship.

That's my argument.

ALVAREZ6
11-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Do y'all think Blair might be better used as trade bait? I would hate to see him go but this team has soen huge holes. Maybe if he can be ustilized as a energy bench guy, but as for now Blairs game doesnt give much to the team as a starter.

It's tough to say. I like Blair a lot, even though I recognize he shouldn't start. It all depends on what he could possibly bring to the Spurs. Some teams might be interested in him, he can certainly pull down many rebounds any given game and have good stats...so who knows.

Bruno
11-01-2010, 07:22 PM
What about waiting more than 2 games before ruling him out as a starter?
He has shown enough last year to deserve more time to prove his value.

Obstructed_View
11-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Wrong. It was NEVER solely about height. You're trying to make this a black or white issue when I never said it was solely either.

Stop trying to sidetrack what's true: Dejuan Blair cannot be the 2nd most important big man for the Spurs behind Duncan, minute wise, if they want to win a championship.

That's my argument.

Your argument is flawed. He was underused last year, and has started two games so far. He's not playing well yet, but we all know what he can do. You seem to be suggesting that he's not a good player, which is just completely wrong.

Purch
11-01-2010, 07:57 PM
See I liked what Kenny Smith said during a spurs game last year. Blair should look for Barkley in the summer and learn from him how to use his body to still be able to be a great player in the leauge.

ALVAREZ6
11-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Your argument is flawed. He was underused last year, and has started two games so far. He's not playing well yet, but we all know what he can do. You seem to be suggesting that he's not a good player, which is just completely wrong.

I'm not suggesting he isn't good, I've said many times I'm a fan of Blair for the hustle and energy he brings. I've been pretty clear about what I believe. I'm not suggesting he should be traded or anything, because I know Tiago is returning and hopefully he can develop this year into a good defender.
I don't need to repeat my argument again, and I think most people who've watched and played enough basketball can understand that THIS YEAR, in THIS LEAGUE, the Spurs will not win with Blair in the starting and main complementary role to Duncan. If you think Blair and Duncan are stopping Pau and Bynum/Odom, you're nuts. If you think Blair and Duncan are stopping Garnett and Shaq, you're nuts.

You think my argument is flawed? Well statistically, maybe. But who's to say every argument must be backed by specific stats in order for the argument to be sound? I'd like to think that most people aren't like Chumpdumper, requiring stats and properly cited sources for any argument in this basketball forum.
I know it's only been two games, but my argument isn't concerning these types of games, it's looking ahead to the playoffs. And clearly bringing another tall, defensively solid big man was on the agenda, for that is just what the Spurs did this summer, because it's the truth that they are in need in that category if they want to win, in this current win-now situation they are in. Deteriorated Duncan isn't gonna get the job done on his own. And a 6'7" PF/C taking the 2nd most minutes of all big men on the Spurs won't be enough to complete the front court.

Of course, time will tell. When the playoffs roll around, be sure to bump this thread, especially as the Spurs go further, if they do. We'll only see then who's starting next to Timmy and playing the most in hopes of stopping the opposition. My bet is it won't be Blair, and if that's the case, in itself my argument will have been pretty sound looking back. I know Pop sometimes gets obsessed with his small ball antics, but for some reason I don't see him throwing Blair in as the starter and expecting him to stop Pau and/or Bynum. Blair would foul out in the first half if he did. Said reason for Pop not doing this? --> Blair's defense isn't adequate. Why? -->primarily because he's too short to consistently, possession after possession, stop the best big men in the league.

G-Dawgg
11-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Bahahaha....Blair's statline vs the Clippers: 0pts, 5reb, 3to, 4pf, in 19:45min..

Sorry DeJuan, you're slowly proving to us that you're bench material..

z0sa
11-02-2010, 12:15 AM
Bahahaha....Blair's statline vs the Clippers: 0pts, 5reb, 3to, 4pf, in 19:45min..

Sorry DeJuan, you're slowly proving to us that you're bench material..

He hasn't looked as confident this season for some reason. I'm disappointed in these first 3 games.

itzsoweezee
11-02-2010, 12:20 AM
For whatever reason, Blair simply doesn't play well with Duncan. It was the same story last year. Move him back to the bench and he'll be fine.

ALVAREZ6
11-02-2010, 12:41 AM
For whatever reason, Blair simply doesn't play well with Duncan. It was the same story last year. Move him back to the bench and he'll be fine.

Do you think it has anything to do with the game being more structured, specifically on offense, when Duncan is the game? The offense is more predictable and there's less variability in what the Spurs are going to do to you when the vets are in. Dejuan flourishes in moments when the game is more on the out of control side, game going back and forth, more hustle and scrappy play comes out.

Perhaps you understand what I'm inadequately describing due to time constraints but do you think it's valid, or anything to do with this subject?

Brunodf
02-18-2013, 07:20 PM
Bump

SpursRock20
02-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Bump

Why?

chapnis
02-18-2013, 11:59 PM
Why?
Because Blair is too short obv.