Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejuan is just too damn short, dude cant post up or pass, I know it was only 1 game and he hustles his butt off but i dont think any adjustments can make up for him being a shorty amongst the bigs..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah I really noticed last night, with all the tall Pacers around him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejuan is just too damn short, dude cant post up or pass, I know it was only 1 game and he hustles his butt off but i dont think any adjustments can make up for him being a shorty amongst the bigs..
    All preseason long people raved about his passing. And he got to the line and knocked down his free throws. I'd give it a few more games before you even start to judge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malik Rose 2.0

I am starting to think he is good in certain situations but cannot be counted vs. every opponent (Lakers/Celtics/Mavs). Hope I am wrong.

He would own the Heat though

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was only one game.

He hustles his butt off.

Keep working on those jumpers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malik Rose 2.0

I am starting to think he is good in certain situations but cannot be counted vs. every opponent (Lakers/Celtics/Mavs). Hope I am wrong.

Good point even the way ball goes in to him and doesnt come back out , The return of the black hole!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malik Rose 2.0

It may very well turn out that he is best used as a reserve off the bench, as a spark to ignite the 2nd unit. Wouldn't surprise me at all really. I'm not gonna say that until I see 4-5 more games however.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's ever the first or second (or third) option on the team, we're in trouble. Good thing all we need him to do is go to work being a disruption on the boards, make smart plays in the defensive scheme (be in the right places at the right times) and alter some shots. He has shown an adequate ability to do all that, relatively speaking. And he's young with tons of talent and upside. What more could you want on a team with four or five legit scorers?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a young kid who plays hard and hustles. He will make mistakes but his potential is unlimited. If there are match up problems, Pop will be able to fall back on Splitter, Dice and Bonner.

I like the playing time going to someone like Blair who doesn't take a play off. Give him time. Hieght, though important, does not matter when you have someone who can board and hustle, Blair does both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malik Rose 2.0

I think he's going to be way better than malik

guy hustles his ass off and has that I'm going to get the ball ever loose ball and rebound mentality

blair plays alot bigger that 6'7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malik Rose 2.0

I think he will be better than Malik Rose

Rookie Blair >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rookie Rose

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    too short for what?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs are still thin on the frontline. Splitter is the only addition to last years frontline. That alone will not be enough to make a major difference from last years team that was abused defensively in the frontcourt. The spurs did not do enough to upgrade the frontline.

If Blair was taller he would have gone much earlier in the draft and he would not be on the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs are still thin on the frontline. Splitter is the only addition to last years frontline. That alone will not be enough to make a major difference from last years team that was abused defensively in the frontcourt. The spurs did not do enough to upgrade the frontline.

If Blair was taller he would have gone much earlier in the draft and he would not be on the spurs.
    If my aunt minnie had balls she would be my uncle..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barkley was too short as well.

Not saying Blair will be close to what Barkley was but his limited height does not automatically prevent him from being a good to great player.

I do agree though that he will most likely have some matchup issues against certain players and teams. When that happens Pop will find a way to adjust...most likely giving him less time or trying to match him up against the other team's second unit players.
    Last edited by JsnSA; 10-28-2010 at 02:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sign sheed for the minimum as late as possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matchups like last night game against Indiana is where the addition of Tiago would have come in very handy. There are many undersized pf/c in the league these days so Blair will matchup very will against most so-called big men. If opposing teams have true big men (>6'10) with an inside offensive presence then I believe Tiago's size would match up much better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wasn't too short last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wasn't too short last season.
    When he was on the bench? Much wasn't expected of him last year this season he is our starting Center to start season, as much as I wish he could use his strength and bullying power to overcome his shortness I just dont think he can be much more than a spot player and only when teams go small against them, maybe he needs to study Barkley and see how he bodied guys and had his way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time will tell if Blair is able or not o be a starter or if he should be limited to be a energy spark from the bench.

Even if the Blair as a starter experiment doesn't work, there is still the Splitter option. Tiago is well suited to be a starter alongside Tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is Sequ, but that doesnt stop him from POSTING UP...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree he is limited by his size. I like him coming off the bench and being the ultimate trash man! That is where he can make his career.. im not necessarily comfortable with him trying to score on his own. The mid range jumper needs to be worked on but only taken as a last option within our offense. He brings a lot to the team and I would not trade him. But I wouldn't make him a starter either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is Sequ, but that doesnt stop him from POSTING UP...

Only to be swatted away every time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude was going against one of the biggest centers in the NBA. He should be fine playing against 6'10ers but once they reach 7 foot he definitely has some problems.

Thread Information