PDA

View Full Version : Move over Fox News, Spurstalk is now tops in Spin-control!

John Basedow
03-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Ya'll are doing a masterful job discounting a loss that exposed all your weaknesses. Pretty soon you'll have yourselves convinced that this was just a bad dream and not the stark reality of the situation.

Keep up the good work:toast

Brazil
03-07-2011, 09:09 AM
lol mav bump troll

George Gervin's Afro
03-07-2011, 09:14 AM
:sleep

Drachen
03-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Oh no, I agree it is a horrible loss, we sure didn't bring it in the first quarter. The hungrier team came blasting right out of the gate.

That said, it's just one game against one team. Life goes on.

John Basedow
03-07-2011, 10:10 AM
James Naismith was rolling over in his grave because of how poorly the Spurs played. They couldn't grab a rebound, make lay-ups, hit any 3s, and they played half-ass defense. On top of all that, the Spurs were being too selfless. No one seems to want to shoot the ball. The Lakers didn't beat the Spurs, the Spurs beat the Spurs.

Excellent spinning, my brother :toast

Rupert Murdoch would be proud

Viva Las Espuelas
03-07-2011, 10:24 AM
It's about time the lakers played a good game. Hold on. Oh yeah, it's March. I guess this ONE game means a whole seasons worth, huh. Ain't skeered. We'll rebound. Thanks for the ass whipping. We'll keep it in mind :toast

John Basedow
03-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Pretty much the truth. The Lakers didn't play any better than they normally do, they just held on to the ball keeping the turnovers down and made some tough shots. The ball bounced their way. As a Spurs fan I'm not happy with the way the team played, but I'm not impressed by this win for LA.

A Fair and Balanced post, strong work :toast

Dex
03-07-2011, 10:27 AM
If the Lakers were able to bounce back from losing to Cleveland, the Spurs should be able to bounce back from losing to the Lakers. :wakeup

John Basedow
03-07-2011, 10:34 AM
If the Lakers were able to bounce back from losing to Cleveland, the Spurs should be able to bounce back from losing to the Lakers. :wakeup

Excellent, save a spot in the sandbox for me :toast

NRHector
03-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Excellent, save a spot in the sandbox for me :toastdid you see how jackson was got scared at the 4th quarter? bringing back Kobe and Gasol against the Spurs scrubs :lol that was so funny to do that in a "regular season" game

John Basedow
03-07-2011, 11:19 AM
did you see how jackson was got scared at the 4th quarter? bringing back Kobe and Gasol against the Spurs scrubs :lol that was so funny to do that in a "regular season" game

Good start but I'm gonna need more spin from you :toast

George Gervin's Afro
03-07-2011, 11:40 AM
they scurry out of the woodwork after the game.. dang cockroaches..

Rummpd
03-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Yawn Spurs clobbered the LAL on April 4 last year 100-81 yet LAL went on to win the championship. Regular season game and Spurs were due for a letdown after blowing out the Heat, and were fully due for a loss to LAL in the season series.

John Basedow
03-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Yawn Spurs clobbered the LAL on April 4 last year 100-81 yet LAL went on to win the championship. Regular season game and Spurs were due for a letdown after blowing out the Heat, and were fully due for a loss to LAL in the season series.

Hey if you post that in yet another 50 threads I think somebody might finally listen to you. Don't give up:toast

GrandeDavid
03-07-2011, 01:19 PM

Exactly. Spurs win the championship, who cares about this game? Spurs don't win the championship, who cares about this game? This time next season many will have forgotten the outcome of this game. I had actually forgotten that the Spurs whipped the Lakers in LA 100-81 late last season until it was brought up again here.

I think that Parker didn't even play that game. Bottom line is its all speculation and chatter until the postseason starts. The Spurs are looking great and have probably overachieved, especially considering how little they've gotten from Splitter. The Lakers are the defending champs and rightfully should be considered the Title favorite. We'll see what happens if/when these teams meet in May.

In summary, yesterday's game is over. If you did not attend the game, be glad you didn't or ask for a discount on your next tickets if you did. Other than that, I hope the Spurs beat Detroit on Wednesday.

Obstructed_View
03-07-2011, 01:53 PM
If there was ever a regular season win that should count as two wins, yesterday was it. Too bad for them it only counts as one. The Lakers really put a good game on the best team in the league. Congrats to them. They certainly seem to be happy about it.

Budkin
03-07-2011, 01:55 PM
No matter how much you troll... it's still one game.

George Gervin's Afro
03-07-2011, 01:56 PM
No matter how much you troll... it's still one game.

but,but,but the spurs were exposed...

Obstructed_View
03-07-2011, 01:58 PM
but,but,but the spurs were exposed...

The Spurs were exposed on Sunday afternoon games years ago.

Hoops Czar
03-07-2011, 02:29 PM
James Naismith was rolling over in his grave because of how poorly the Spurs played. They couldn't grab a rebound, make lay-ups, hit any 3s, and they played half-ass defense. On top of all that, the Spurs were being too selfless. No one seems to want to shoot the ball. The Lakers didn't beat the Spurs, the Spurs beat the Spurs.

Yeah, when the Lakers lose, they suck but when the Spurs lose, they beat themselves. I guess the only logic I can come up with is this is Spurstalk, what kind of answer did I expect. It really doesn't have to make any sense because a Spurs fan has an excuse lined up for every loss.

George Gervin's Afro
03-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Yeah, when the Lakers lose, they suck but when the Spurs lose, they beat themselves. I guess the only logic I can come up with is this is Spurstalk, what kind of answer did I expect. It really doesn't have to make any sense because a Spurs fan has an excuse lined up for every loss.

what doesn't make any sense is what you are saying because a majority of spurs fans acknowledged they got their asses kicked. Nice logic...

Should have just stayed away..

Hoops Czar
03-07-2011, 02:48 PM
what doesn't make any sense is what you are saying because a majority of spurs fans acknowledged they got their asses kicked. Nice logic...

Should have just stayed away..

What makes no sense is your post saying my post makes no sense. Let me interpret for the illiterately challenged. Anyone who can count knows the Spurs got their asses kicked, but what does that have to do with excuses for why they got their asses kicked?

Should have stayed away.

Beau
03-07-2011, 03:00 PM
If MSNBC could get some decent talent and not rely on a douche like Olbermann to carry their lineup (oops), FOX News would really have to move over...

Wilford Brimley
03-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Stupid thread, please lock it

crc21209
03-07-2011, 03:03 PM
This guy is a horrible troll....

BlackSwordsMan
03-07-2011, 03:05 PM
With those pecs you don't need to be funny or entertaining.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-07-2011, 03:07 PM
LA and SA are both well coached. The team that's hungrier and with the hotter hand will win in a playoff series. I don't think there's a clear cut favorite. But I do like how Laker fans get all giddy with one regular season win against two losses.

Cleveland swept SA in the regular season in '07. That played out well for them in the post season if I remember correctly.

Regular season games don't mean too much beyond getting your seeding.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
03-07-2011, 03:09 PM
tbh I don't know that there's ever been any spin control on earth as hilarious as ":cry Tim Duncan wasn't saying Game Over about the Heat, he was saying it about some stupid competition between a couple of shitty backups on the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Wilford Brimley
03-07-2011, 03:10 PM
LA and SA are both well coached. The team that's hungrier and with the hotter hand will win in a playoff series. I don't think there's a clear cut favorite. But I do like how Laker fans get all giddy with one regular season win against two losses.

Cleveland swept SA in the regular season in '07. That played out well for them in the post season if I remember correctly.

Regular season games don't mean too much beyond getting your seeding.

:lol

Stupid Lakerfans are such hypocrites

Wilford Brimley
03-07-2011, 03:14 PM
tbh I don't know that there's ever been any spin control on earth as hilarious as ":cry Tim Duncan wasn't saying Game Over about the Heat, he was saying it about some stupid competition between a couple of shitty backups on the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ban this asshole. We don't need anymore of this filth in here

m33p0
03-07-2011, 10:03 PM
you were expecting a meltdown?

Obstructed_View
03-07-2011, 10:31 PM
It probably takes a lot of fun out of such a validating win for the Lakers that more Spurs fans aren't broken hearted or scared.